Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2088510 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jamesid29(m): 12:15am On Mar 29, 2021
ojeysky:

My cells are just 6 months old and I do 60 to 80% DOD daily (occasionally 90%). The cells have not deviated from their performance the first time I bought them. Now 6 months is a very short time for the lifetime of the cells. I know folks here have used their littium chemistry for over 2 years, we've not heard of 5 years testimonials yet, cos it seem most of us started active use in the last 3 years.
I know the well known Lithium batteries would last more than 5yrs without much issues. I'm just a bit concerned about the felicity ones. There's almost no reviews of it online and I don't think many people have really pushed it to its limit to know how good they really are and at what point it would start to breakdown.
I guess it's fingers crossed smiley. Though adrusa and NiyiOmoIyunade 's input does give one some hope sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jamesid29(m): 12:22am On Mar 29, 2021
adrusa:

grin grin grin grin Now you are not seeking for my experience, you are asking me to make a prediction, to foretell the future. That is not my area of concentration/calling. However, going by what I have seen over the last one and half years in the LFP land, I will expect it to last that long or more. About one and a half years, there is no evidence of reduction in capacity, efficiency or voltage. The batteries are still performing just like the day I installed them. It may be an indication of what to expect, but who knows what surprises are lurking in the corner.

grin grin grin Na fingers crossed matter we dey so boss. Abi make person just settle with the well established Lithium batteries manufacturers?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:27am On Mar 29, 2021
jamesid29:
Good morning folks.

Does anyone have any experience using felicity Lithium batteries; either for clients or personally?
Just trying to know if its a dependable buy.
Thanks

CC ojeysky ,Ceasar, Olopan, Valto, NiyiOmoIyunade, earthrealm, Eleojo23, Trippledots, Mctfopt, IYGEAL

I don't have experience with Felicity lithium beyond what we have all discussed here about it. And that is majorly the false "overdeclaration" of the capacities by the manufacturer as indicated on the product label.

Someone did capacity testing and discovered the 200ah to be truly 150ah and the 150ah to be truly 120ah or thereabout.

Beyond that, I don't know of any complaints regarding it that I have come across.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
Boss please post the particulars of this Felicity BMS - pictures, serial numbers and other identifying marks.

I am sure interested members of the house will quickly crack it open and establish comms and control for the good of all.

I know I can persuade her (BMS) to speak to me but alas I have no access to play with her.

Na wa o. This one that you are just making statements like say you wan toast geh. This one na battery o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:13am On Mar 29, 2021
Not trying to be sounding overly ambitious here, but will it be possible to have a small electric car charging station using a few panels and lithium packs?

Either for commercial charging station in preparation for a future electric car market in Nigeria or at worst for personal use for transition to an electric vehicle (car or bike) within the next 36 months?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:58am On Mar 29, 2021
ceaser:
Not trying to be sounding overly ambitious here, but will it be possible to have a small electric car charging station using a few panels and lithium packs?

Either for commercial charging station in preparation for a future electric car market in Nigeria or at worst for personal use for transition to an electric vehicle (car or bike) within the next 36 months?

Its possible, using high C rate lithium cells, and grid charging, doubt panels could put back energy taken out in a short while.

Major problem would be vandalization.
I saw a clip , where people were pilfering metal gratings used ona public drain.. they came in the dead of the night with a tricycle angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
You probably want a gas or diesel engine and DC converter as your power source - the engine fires up on demand and may save some excess energy into a Lithium battery pack for later use.

The economics of Solar powered EV charging in a small footprint simply do not make sense to me when I take a cursory look.

ceaser:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:47am On Mar 29, 2021
jamesid29:

I know the well known Lithium batteries would last more than 5yrs without much issues. I'm just a bit concerned about the felicity ones. There's almost no reviews of it online and I don't think many people have really pushed it to its limit to know how good they really are and at what point it would start to breakdown.
I guess it's fingers crossed smiley. Though adrusa and NiyiOmoIyunade 's input does give one some hope sha.

I don't think one should be worried about Felicity littium doing 5 years, they have brand new cells in them just that they are over declared. The one declared as 200AH that has 120AH will certainly serve at that capacity for many years to come. I don't expect my DIY to give me less than 5 years of service even with my fairly deep daily discharges, and it's on that path of over 7 years with its current performance unless I break it myself
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2021
earthrealm:

How early does the deye wake up?
Seems the achilles heel of these hv hybrids is late wake up, usually after 9am,
Seen same pattern on phocos and Sorotec,

That's one of the stuff I love about Deye, it wakes up between 6:15 and 6:30am. I should mention that other hybrids does early wake up as well(though may not be as early as Deye) but they don't output any power until they get pass 100w. That was how my MPP behaved. You will notice a reduction in your active battery current discharge in early mornings as proof

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:44am On Mar 29, 2021
justcallmenuel:
DC hot plate still available, #25,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

What's a the wattage? Can it be operated via a suitable adapter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2021
SMK SOLAR PRODUCT PRICES!!!

- SMK 40a 12-48v lithium battery compatible mppt .. 69,000

- SMK Hybrid 2kva 24v (60a inbuilt mppt) ... 130,000

- SMK Hybrid 3.5kva 3kw 24v (80a inbuilt mppt) .... 210,000

- SMK 5kva 5kw 47v (80a inbuilt mppt) .... 265,000

SMK 12v transformer based pure sine wave inverter series are also available in :
1kva ......74,000
1.5kva ...94,000

SMK 200w solar floodlight (700 lumens, 12w panel,3.2v 10ah lifepo4 battery) ... 32,000

SMK 250w solar floodlight (1200 lumens, 25w panel,3.2v 20ah lifepo4 battery) ... 37,000

SMK 80mm foam thickness 12/24v DC freezers:
208L .... 230k
308L .....270k

Products available with 1 year standard warranty.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Still in line to make solar panels affordable place ur order today and get d best price and discount 50% on delivery for does in lagos and 35% for does outside Lagos available panels
Felicity 250w - 400w
Sun-tech 250w - 400w
Janko 265w -400w
Trina 275w- 400w
What's us
All Canadian panels sold out
Tanks Mr David for d orders

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
ICELL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!

Pure sinewave Inverters
- 1.5kva 12v ..... 90,000 *Expecting*
- 1.5kva (X4 echo). .. 85,000
- 2.5kva (X4 echo) ... 115,000
- 2kva 24v ........ 107,000 *Expecting*
- 3.5va 24 / 48v .....180,000
- 3.5kva 24v hybrid ......185,000
- 5kva 24v ........ 224,000
- 5kva 48v ........ 230,000
- 6.5kva 24v .....280,000
- 8kva 48v ........400,000 *Expecting*
- 10kva 48v ......560,000 *Expecting*

BATTERIES
- 220a Tubular battery ... 120,000
- 200a AGM battery ....... 110,000

Products comes with one year standard warranty!

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jamesid29(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2021
ojeysky:

I don't think one should be worried about Felicity littium doing 5 years, they have brand new cells in them just that they are over declared. The one declared as 200AH that has 120AH will certainly serve at that capacity for many years to come. I don't expect my DIY to give me less than 5 years of service even with my fairly deep daily discharges, and it's on that path of over 7 years with its current performance unless I break it myself

Thanks alot for your inputs boss.... Much appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jamesid29(m): 12:15am On Mar 30, 2021
ceaser:

I don't have experience with Felicity lithium beyond what we have all discussed here about it. And that is majorly the false "overdeclaration" of the capacities by the manufacturer as indicated on the product label.

Someone did capacity testing and discovered the 200ah to be truly 150ah and the 150ah to be truly 120ah or thereabout.

Beyond that, I don't know of any complaints regarding it that I have come across.
I guess the tradeoff isn't so bad then... Thanks chief.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2021
IYGEAL:

What's a the wattage? Can it be operated via a suitable adapter?
It’s 150w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:29am On Mar 30, 2021
1.5kva 12v felicity hybrid inverter now available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We still set the pace the lead in distilled water production  with the quality of our distilled water.

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

With the commitment we have to excellence in water distillation we have been able to keep existing clients, along bringside bringing new clients on board.

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery..

Our results continually speaks for us.
Resistance 0.0 (Inference- No mineral Content)
Capacitance 1.3 (Inference-Negligible Chemical composition)

Distilled water sold at #5000 (1L×12 pack)

Distilled water sold at #6500 (with free 25L Gallon)

Electrolyte at #8000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ajanidokun: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
Does it have inbuilt charge controller?
justcallmenuel:
1.5kva 12v felicity hybrid inverter now available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ajanidokun:
Does it have inbuilt charge controller?
Yeah, that’s why it’s an hybrid inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Integratedpower: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hello house, please can someone show me how I can connect this DC surge protector BTW my panels and charge controler. Diagram preferably.
Thank in anticipations

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
justcallmenuel:

It’s 150w

Nice. Can appropriate adapter power it? Or does it come with one?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
The best way to think of this device is as an add on at your CC or breaker terminals - current is not passing through the device in normal operations but in a case of surge or fault or sudden voltage rise the device operates to present a very low resistance and shunt the surge to earth.

What you should do is get suitable wire around 6mm2 minimum and cut to suitable lengths and wire as below.

Some people wire this at the CC PV+ and PV- but I generally prefer to wire it at the always on side of the DC breaker in case of loose contact or whatever you don't want to be fixing an expensive CC and also better if the fault condition was mostly dealt with before the CC as well

Integratedpower:
Hello house, please can someone show me how I can connect this DC surge protector BTW my panels and charge controler. Diagram preferably.
Thank in anticipations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good evening everyone,

Trust our week is up to a great start.

Sometimes last week, a member of this forum "sintolord" reached out to us for installation of his equipment bought over time.

We discussed at length what's extra he needs to buy and whatnot.

Over the weekend we had his system up and running to take him offgrid and run his heavy appliances on solar via his 3.2KW felicity hybrid Inverter and batteries with a 3.2KWp of PV.

I'd give him a kudos for a well thought out design, his research paid off.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
This is a pretty looking install - I would deal with the dangling comms cable on the left (route through conduit) and also keep the two battery flex/trunk pipes together right until they touch the battery case and veer off to left and right.

From the technical side, I see you have wired the batteries up as the manual said - though a BMS and balancer are in the mix, the laws of physics cannot be defeated - to this end consider using a busbar or taking the negative or positive connection to the inverter from the second battery - in simple terms let the inverter positive cable connect to one battery and the negative cable to the other battery just as you would do for lead acid.

What size of Felicity batteries are those? The shape and form factor look different than I have seen.

olopan:
Good evening everyone,

Sometimes last week, a member of this forum "sintolord" reached out to us for installation of his equipment bought over time.

Over the weekend we had his system up and running to take him offgrid and run his heavy appliances on solar via his 3.2KW felicity hybrid Inverter and batteries with a 3.2KWp of PV.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
justcallmenuel:

Any data sheet available? What type of CC is inbuilt? PWM OR MPPT?and what is the CC rating?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
God bless you for this.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
The best way to think of this device is as an add on at your CC or breaker terminals - current is not passing through the device in normal operations but in a case of surge or fault or sudden voltage rise the device operates to present a very low resistance and shunt the surge to earth.

What you should do is get suitable wire around 6mm2 minimum and cut to suitable lengths and wire as below.

Some people wire this at the CC PV+ and PV- but I generally prefer to wire it at the always on side of the DC breaker in case of loose contact or whatever you don't want to be fixing an expensive CC and also better if the fault condition was mostly dealt with before the CC as well

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
IYGEAL:

Nice. Can appropriate adapter power it? Or does it come with one?
It comes with positive and negative clips that’s plug directly to the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
olopan:
Good evening everyone,

Looks good. I don't know the internals of Felicity batteries but I normally prefer the battery setup to be flat (sitting on its bottom).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
justcallmenuel:

It comes with positive and negative clips that’s plug directly to the battery.

Alright. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thanks for your input much appreciated

1. The cables provided were short and funny enough clients said no 35mm available in town.

2. This was our plan initially but the project cost rose up and we had to adapt to the new reality

3. Those are 24V 200Ah felicity batteries approximately 5KWh in theory.

NiyiOmoIyunade:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Would consider this next time but considering the location space, the present arrangement done we noticed this too can work without any issue

Thanks for the insight.

ojeysky:

Looks good. I don't know the internals of Felicity batteries but I normally prefer the battery setup to be flat (sitting on its bottom).

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.