Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? (49007 Views)

Which Foreign Country Can I Travel To Without Visa / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dammyjo112: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
bigfrancis21:

1) As far as I'm aware, no there's no visa bond for the US student visa, and I'm not sure there has been one.

2) I get this all the time. Trump's policies do not and has not affected F1 student visas especially for Nigerians. The entire process since I knew it since 5 years ago has remained the same till date. I wouldn't worry about that.
thanks bro.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by vatiqan(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
MadManTalking:
Go to Udegbe North Amelican Universty, Seme and thank me later.
If you well ehn.... I don laf die for here. NL is the worst platform to seek for advice.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
kakakibuy:

Many schools offer courses in English
I will pm you now. thanks
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Everest1989(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
bigfrancis21:

1) As far as I'm aware, no there's no visa bond for the US student visa, and I'm not sure there has been one.

2) I get this all the time. Trump's policies do not and has not affected F1 student visas especially for Nigerians. The entire process since I knew it since 5 years ago has remained the same till date. I wouldn't worry about that.
but that university of Houston, reguires GRE for masters?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by bigfrancis21: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Everest1989:

but that university of Houston, reguires GRE for masters?

Yes I think they do. Moreover even if they don't require it, you also need it for embassy purposes.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by abduldope(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I strongly recommend that you study in the US. With the N2.5m you have, that's about $6,700 dollars, I know some good and affordable universities here that the amount will cover your first year's school fees, while during your first year as you're schooling you are also working and saving up for the following year. To be honest, with such amount, you will do just fine here in the US. Check out this school:
University of Houston Victoria, they are giving $3,000 in scholarships automatically to every international student admitted and you also get another $3,000 scholarship which you can apply to your school fees (about $3,000+ per semester).

https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/undergraduate-requirements/freshman-requirements/
https://www.uhv.edu/arts-and-sciences/undergraduate-programs/computer-science/

They are currently accepting applications for Spring 2018 (January 2018). Application fee is free, TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students. However, I strongly recommend you take the SAT exam for visa interview purposes as the visa officer will most likely ask you if you took an international exam (regardless of whether your university required it for admission or not).

Also, join this thread for prospective students like you and current US students where you learn more about the school application and visa preparation process for the US: https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Members there have a 90% and above visa approval success rate because you learn all that you need to know, with no agents required. Never use an agent, no matter what people may tell you, to process your US student visa process - you can do everything by yourself. Finally, now that you have mentioned having N2.5m naira, be very careful of crooks who might want to cheat you out of your money, claiming to be an agent or to offer you some needless services. There are a lot of crooks on this forum, so be careful. From applying online to submission of required documents, you can do all that yourself. There are also schools here called community colleges, which are 2-year institutions and cheaper than universities that many students (Americans and international students) go to for their first two years, then transfer to a university and finish up 3rd year and 4th year. This can be quite helpful as it saves you a lot of money in your first two years of undergraduate studies.

I strongly recommend the US because you would want a country with good economy and high job prospects where you can settle in comfortably in the long haul after studies. I see many people recommending Scandinavian countries and co., however you should go for a country where you feel comfortable living in after studies. The US still remains number 1. Goodluck.
bro here is what I found compared to the price you mentioned

mind sharing more shades ?

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by bigfrancis21: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
abduldope:
bro here is what I found compared to the price you mentioned

mind sharing more shades ?

If you need direct University tuition rates you have to visit the university website directly. I have attached a snapshot of the tuition and fees for UHV below. Also below is the direct link to the webpage:
https://www.uhv.edu/student-billing/tuition-and-fees/

As an international student, you are required to register for 12 credits minimum as an undergraduate or 9 credits as a graduate student. I have circled 12 credits under the undergraduate column and 9 credits under the graduate column. Now, because every international student is awarded a $3,000 scholarship when given admission into UHV, that may automatically qualify you to pay school fees as a resident (resident here is someone living in Texas/Texas resident for tuition purposes, not as in legal resident/green card) and compare the columns at each credit level or residents (R) and non-residents/foreign students (NF), the tuition for NF is higher or twice as much as what residents pay. The way it works here in the US, especially in Texas, is that most forms of tuition waiver, scholarship awards (even if it is $500) etc. qualifies you to pay school fees as a resident instead of as an international student, which reduces your school fees drastically.

Looking at the image attached below, for an international undergraduate student registered for 12 credits in a semester, without the automatic scholarship award, the tuition they would pay per semester would be $7,895 and $7,165 for an international graduate student registered for 9 credits. However, with the $3,000 automatic scholarship award given to every international student upon given admission, undergraduate or graduate, an international undergraduate student would now pay $2,998 per semester for 12 credits and an international graduate student would now pay $3,495 for 9 credits, as Texas residents for tuition purposes. So, that's how it is done. The figures you got from that website are what I consider high-end estimates for 1 year of living. For example, the figure for room and board (i.e on-campus hostel) is calculated for luxurious living. If you were to rent a cheaper place or room off-campus, you would spend much less than or half of the estimate for room and board. Some schools may require all freshmen students to spend their first years living on campus and then they can move off-campus the following year if they want and some schools are lax about this. I am not sure yet what it is for UHV. As for books, buying books here are not all that compulsory. Instead of buying books you can rent them for cheaper for the semester and return it when the semester is over, or find previous students to get the book from or even buy second-hand books online, there are many websites that sell second-hand undergraduate/graduate textbooks.

Thus, if the OP were to come in with his N2.5m or $6,700, that would cover his first year tuition as a Texas resident ($2,998 * 2 =$5,996, thanks to the automatic scholarship award he would get upon given admission), with about $700 left. Meanwhile while working on-campus he could save up some money for the following year and he has up to 12 months for that which is more than enough time. Also during the summer months of May to August (when school is on long vacation), there is ample time for him to work hard and hustle his way through school every year. That's how students here survive.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Everest1989(m): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Yes I think they do. Moreover even if they don't require it, you also need it for embassy purposes.
okay...thanks.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2017
LoJ:

Hello there,

Germany does have free tuition. Only in one particular State, is the tuition no more free. And even at that, the fees are not expensive in comparison to UK or the US.

Back to your question, if you truly make that amount of money from blogging alone, forget about travelling. Stay in Nigeria and be your own Boss. Certificates are of no use in the modern world. Some people don't know what it means to live in a foreign Land. With 2.5 million and 200k monthly cash flow, and a decent brain, you have enough to be very rich in 5 - 10 years. Forget about travelling.

I wish you the best.
Certificate are of no use in the morden world ahbi?
Pray that God should help u get Havard or MIT certificate oneday
No one will be telling u the use of certificate by then
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2017
dprinz99:

Certificate are of no use in the morden world ahbi?
Pray that God should help u get Havard or MIT certificate oneday
No one will be telling u the use of certificate by then
Hello there,

people are not looking for certificates, they are lookings for skills. People are not willing to get diplomas, they are willing to get money. Is it not the same Harvard out of which gates drop out to become the world's richest man? Is it not the same harvard which refused Jack Ma, 7 times? Did he die after? Is he not a very successful man today?

Diplomas and degrees will be useful to wipe yanshh in the next 50 years. If that young man really makes 200K each month from Blogging alone, and has a capital of 2.5M of Naira, then wasting all that money to travel is absolute foolishness. Unless he wants to become a Professor or something in academics.

Cheers.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2017
LoJ:

Hello there,

people are not looking for certificates, they are lookings for skills. People are not willing to get diplomas, they are willing to get money. Is it not the same Harvard out of which gates drop out to become the world's richest man? Is it not the same harvard which refused Jack Ma, 7 times? Did he die after? Is he not a very successful

Diplomas and degrees will be useful to wipe yanshh in the next 50 years. If that young man really makes 200K each month from Blogging alone, and has a capital of 2.5M of Naira, then wasting all that money to travel is absolute foolishness. Unless he wants to become a Professor or something in academics.

Cheers.
Thank God u could only site jack ma and Gare perhaps you have forgotten about mark Zukerberg
This is just 2 out of how many?
Have u also checked the impact of havard and Mit graduates and other graduates in the world?
It's all about skills ni?
I wonder what skill you will be using without education to carry out surgery.
I still wonder the skill you will use to fly Boeing 777 and Airbus super jumbo
I don't know if you have checked the current employer of the aforementioned school-graduate(google,space x,Boeing,NASA ,oracle,etc)
No one is against skill here and I don't know how yiu guys consider education ,in the wet earn world,education isn't just about the a4 size paper as the case may be here in nigeria.
It goes beyond that my brother.it emcompases evrything .after all,we need good knowledge to be able to apply your skill.
Let's be realistic,education ignites the skills in you,after all,skills aren't just tallent,it can be learnt but what happens when we've got no knowledge to apply our skills?
Then you will definitely end up serving poeple with your skills.skill is good but brotherly ,skill without good application worths no dollar .its definitely useless

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2017
dprinz99:
Hello,

I did not forget Zuckerberg nor the others, as the list is endless. I am not against education, I am against Diplomania. There are thousand ways you can learn and be educated these days rather than wasting precious money and time. Do you know about Coursera? Allison? Edx? Khan academy? Do you know you can do a master in financial engenieering free of charge while staying at home and making money from blogging?

I am not against education, I stand against slavery and insanity. Going to school is one way to get educated (and sometimes it is not even the case), among others. More often than not, people go to school end up cramming lessons and big grammars they can't apply in real life. The only thing their diplomas qualify them to be, is to work as a slave for someone else, who is unlikely to have their education level. Please read the following book:

Why "A" Students Work for "C" Students and Why "B" Students Work for the Gvt by Kyosaki.

How many degree holders does nigeria have? When you compare the input (the many years and money invested to earn the paper) and the output (what are nigerians producing since even toothpicks are imported in the country?) does it correlate? Most people earn less in their professional life than the amount of money invested in their education from childhood, inflation adjusted. How much parent invest on average on a child (School fees, clothing, feeding, transportation, etc.)? How much will that child earn during his professional life? What does that tell you?

I can understand that someone travels out of the coutnry because he has no opportunity in the homeland. But this young man, in his early 20's, with 200k monthly cashflow from Blogging alone, and a capital of 2.5 millions, if he wastes that money in the name of travelling, his name is likely to be sorrow.

Many of you don't know what it means to live in a foreign land. You can never be totally at ease away from your motherland.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
LoJ:

Hello,

I did not forget Zuckerberg nor the others, as the list is endless. I am not against education, I am against Diplomania. There are thousand ways you can learn and be educated these days rather than wasting precious money and time. Do you know about Coursera? Allison? Edx? Khan academy? Do you know you can do a master in financial engenieering free of charge while staying at home and making money from blogging?

I am not against education, I stand against slavery and insanity. Going to school is one way to get educated (and sometimes it is not even the case), among others. More often than not, people go to school end up cramming lessons and big grammars they can't apply in real life. The only thing their diplomas qualify them to be, is to work as a slave for someone else, who is unlikely to have their education level. Please read the following book:

Why "A" Students Work for "C" Students and Why "B" Students Work for the Gvt by Kyosaki.

How many degree holders does nigeria have? When you compare the input (the many years and money invested to earn the paper) and the output (what are nigerians producing since even toothpicks are imported in the country?) does it correlate? Most people earn less in their professional life than the amount of money invested in their education from childhood, inflation adjusted. How much parent invest on average on a child (School fees, clothing, feeding, transportation, etc.)? How much will that child earn during his professional life? What does that tell you?

I can understand that someone travels out of the coutnry because he has no opportunity in the homeland. But this young man, in his early 20's, with 200k monthly cashflow from Blogging alone, and a capital of 2.5 millions, if he wastes that money in the name of travelling, his name is likely to be sorrow.

Many of you don't know what it means to live in a foreign land. You can never be totally at ease away from your motherland.

Cheers.
I'll also like you to consider the long term benefit of education my bro
I've seen plenty people take the kind of risk I myself wouldn't love to just to get the quality education they dream of
I've seen people take loans,I've seen poeple sell properties I've seen someone using his life savings of about 50k usd to pursue a master degree at MIT and at no point I've I seen them complaining.the last guy I mentioned Is currently working with google.please google their salary and u will know that it worths it.
Life is risk.we may all have our opinion but we never belong to the same school of thought.
I didn't say he should use his life earning to get a degree but I only came in when some1 said degree is needless and I'll still tell u that degree goes far than being useful especially a degree from a good school.
Before I continue,i challenge you to tell mie 5 nairaland era that you know that graduated from any IVY-league uni without an average work to keep him or her.
He may be making 200k/month from blogging but do you know how far he can go with a degree as an added advantage?
Nigeria you are talking about is like hell if u don't know
If u know wasted and dead talent in this country u wouldn't advice sny2 to stay here.for Christ sake he can still be blogging while studying @ease at least with fast internet acess my guy.
Life is about choice and perception.
I stand for education and I stand for quality not the trash we get home here in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by ugolinze123(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
turkey is running admission now at the moment and the lowest tuition you can get is 2500USD and you have to pay in half tuition before you can be given admission with reciept to be attached to your application when submitting at the embassy so its your call. with what you have i think that would be a best bet for you
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by abduldope(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
bigfrancis21:

If you need direct University tuition rates you have to visit the university website directly. I have attached a snapshot of the tuition and fees for UHV below. Also below is the direct link to the webpage:
https://www.uhv.edu/student-billing/tuition-and-fees/

As an international student, you are required to register for 12 credits minimum as an undergraduate or 9 credits as a graduate student. I have circled 12 credits under the undergraduate column and 9 credits under the graduate column. Now, because every international student is awarded a $3,000 scholarship when given admission into UHV, that may automatically qualify you to pay school fees as a resident (resident here is someone living in Texas/Texas resident for tuition purposes, not as in legal resident/green card) and compare the columns at each credit level or residents (R) and non-residents/foreign students (NF), the tuition for NF is higher or twice as much as what residents pay. The way it works here in the US, especially in Texas, is that most forms of tuition waiver, scholarship awards (even if it is $500) etc. qualifies you to pay school fees as a resident instead of as an international student, which reduces your school fees drastically.

Looking at the image attached below, for an international undergraduate student registered for 12 credits in a semester, without the automatic scholarship award, the tuition they would pay per semester would be $7,895 and $7,165 for an international graduate student registered for 9 credits. However, with the $3,000 automatic scholarship award given to every international student upon given admission, undergraduate or graduate, an international undergraduate student would now pay $2,998 per semester for 12 credits and an international graduate student would now pay $3,495 for 9 credits, as Texas residents for tuition purposes. So, that's how it is done. The figures you got from that website are what I consider high-end estimates for 1 year of living. For example, the figure for room and board (i.e on-campus hostel) is calculated for luxurious living. If you were to rent a cheaper place or room off-campus, you would spend much less than or half of the estimate for room and board. Some schools may require all freshmen students to spend their first years living on campus and then they can move off-campus the following year if they want and some schools are lax about this. I am not sure yet what it is for UHV. As for books, buying books here are not all that compulsory. Instead of buying books you can rent them for cheaper for the semester and return it when the semester is over, or find previous students to get the book from or even buy second-hand books online, there are many websites that sell second-hand undergraduate/graduate textbooks.

Thus, if the OP were to come in with his N2.5m or $6,700, that would cover his first year tuition as a Texas resident ($2,998 * 2 =$5,996, thanks to the automatic scholarship award he would get upon given admission), with about $700 left. Meanwhile while working on-campus he could save up some money for the following year and he has up to 12 months for that which is more than enough time. Also during the summer months of May to August (when school is on long vacation), there is ample time for him to work hard and hustle his way through school every year. That's how students here survive.

mhen never knew about this o,

but how easy is getting admission ?

why am asking is because am having interest

thanks
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
dprinz99:

I've seen plenty people take the kind of risk I myself wouldn't love to just to get the quality education they dream of
Yes bruv, education is beneficial and i do not question that. The issue here is travelling out of the country as the only mean to get education. I dispute that claim. You can be well educated without even attending any university. Unless you want to be a professor, or anything in that vein.

Most people see going abroad as a panacea. Let me tell you, I have lived abroad, almost all my life. You can never be totally fulfilled out of your home country. it is very difficult, and it happens seldom. You don't know the kind of stress and pressure western countries put on you. You may have no idea.

What the hell would a young promising man earning 200k from blogging alone, with a capital of 2.5 M, be doing in Europe/american? Dayummmm. he already has all to make it there in Nigeria, if the brain is working correctly. He can already start diversifying, do a lot of things. He can grow that money to at least 50M in 10 years, which is a lot in Nigeria.

Well, it is my humble opinion, at the end of the day let him follow his own heart.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
Kk
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
LoJ:

Yes bruv, education is beneficial and i do not question that. The issue here is travelling out of the country as the only mean to get education. I dispute that claim. You can be well educated without even attending any university. Unless you want to be a professor, or anything in that vein.

Most people see going abroad as a panacea. Let me tell you, I have lived abroad, almost all my life. You can never be totally fulfilled out of your home country. it is very difficult, and it happens seldom. You don't know the kind of stress and pressure western countries put on you. You may have no idea.

What the hell would a young promising man earning 200k from blogging alone, with a capital of 2.5 M, be doing in Europe/american? Dayummmm. he already has all to make it there in Nigeria, if the brain is working correctly. He can already start diversifying, do a lot of things. He can grow that money to at least 50M in 10 years, which is a lot in Nigeria.

Well, it is my humble opinion, at the end of the day let him follow his own heart.

I can't dispute your opinion but life like I said earlier is about choice.
He is earning 200k/month and most of my friends(undergradutes) in Europe earns 2tice the month by doing student work.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
dprinz99:

I can't dispute your opinion but life like I said earlier is about choice.
He is earning 200k/month and most of my friends(undergradutes) in Europe earns 2tice the month by doing student work.
lool. You can say that again. I live in Germany which is the greatest european economy by far. Let me tell you the undiluted truth:

A young man (not married, no child) earning 200k in Nigeria, is way better off than a young guy earning the equivalent of 400k in Germany. Plain Truth. Any perspn that can't figure out why, should not venture abroad without knowing the rationale behind this.

again, this guy earns 200k ONLY blogging. Do you know what that means? With diversification this guy can earn up to 500k while being his own Boss.

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dprinz99(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2017
LoJ:

lool. You can say that again. I live in Germany which is the greatest european economy by far. Let me tell you the undiluted truth:

A young man (not married, no child) earning 200k in Nigeria, is way better off than a young guy earning the equivalent of 400k in Germany. Plain Truth. Any perspn that can't figure out why, should not venture abroad without knowing the rationale behind this.

again, this guy earns 200k ONLY blogging. Do you know what that means? With diversification this guy can earn up to 500k while being his own Boss.

If I may ask you,which sector are you into?
Where do you live in Deutschland ?
Coz if it's about work,I've got tons of friends in the IT sector with a take home of 3-4k after tax.
I know one currently working with BMW,he just graduated with my uncle at TUM and as I'm speaking to u,a cousin of mine works with DEUTCHEWELLE,german biggest news firm.
Each of them lives satisfactory and visits frequently.
Maybe it depends on your sector.
But let mie advice you,try to invest back home coz that's what this guys are doing.and again,do u know that you have access to loan from10k-50euro if you are legally leaving and working in Germany?witj very little interest rate.i guess u know what you can do with this.meanwhile,look well bro,else u won't see
Vielleicht können wit persönlich sprechen.
Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsch verstehen.
Ich sende ihnen ein E-mail
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Boblee: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2017
Bro
Try Estonia and Turkey
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
dprinz99:
well bro,else u won't see
Vielleicht können wit persönlich sprechen.
Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsch verstehen.
Ich sende ihnen ein E-mail
I know Germany like the back of my hand.

Ich kann sowohl Deutsch als auch English oder noch Spanisch und Französisch. Ich warte auf dein Mail, ich habe noch nix gekriegt.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by oddytony(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
donhils:
Somalia, Burundi, Bangladesh, any of them would be nice. You're making 200k a month and you're looking for where to run to while graduates are here scrambling for 30k N-Power job.

he is motivated by the need to do better because he believes he can be better. Almost all CEOs today have a history of how they started something before coming to Nigeria to be what they are today. Dont discourage this young man. Leaving Nigeria to start a life is actually the best . Imagine getting carried away during school in a country where the system doesn't work. only a few are lucky these days. What ever you have to do, do just try to leave at least you are already a good blogger. You have something to carry with you. if you have a dream, dont kill it... the different dreams er have is the only thing that determines our success levels on the long run
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by donhils: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
oddytony:

he is motivated by the need to do better because he believes he can be better. Almost all CEOs today have a history of how they started something before coming to Nigeria to be what they are today. Dont discourage this young man. Leaving Nigeria to start a life is actually the best . Imagine getting carried away during school in a country where the system doesn't work. only a few are lucky these days. What ever you have to do, do just try to leave at least you are already a good blogger. You have something to carry with you. if you have a dream, dont kill it... the different dreams er have is the only thing that determines our success levels on the long run
Well said, good theory. But then in practical terms...
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dammyjo112: 7:53am On Jul 12, 2017
oddytony:

boss, you are a mind reader. Exactly what I wanted to say, even better.

Yes, I know it's very easy to be one random very rich guy in Nigeria. But it's not just about that (am not saying I don't like money smiley ). But am more interested in a country where things work.

I don't want to go into details, but I have been in a position where I interviewed many graduates. I must say Nigeria schools are useless. A lecturer can fail you for inconsequential reasons like his code and urs doesn't match (but it handles the problem properly). Or is it unilag where sometimes (a lot) you have to write code on paper (for an app).

If I will stay in Nigeria it will be better to join Andela as that will most likely augment whatever I know about computers. An alternative will be to study something else.

In Nigeria people struggle to survive while in developed countries people try to excel/break norms. The reason you hardly see any really innovative start-ups here. Just people copying western models to make money here. Steve Jobs would have been a rich fat man if he was a Nigerian smiley.

Cc: LoJ and dPrinc99. I really enjoyed and learnt from your argument. Thanks.

#my early morning rant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by samuelkingz(m): 9:40am On Jul 12, 2017
Good morning house...just went from pg o to here now and I must say its highly commendable..for those saying the op is a scam....learn to have an open mind about everything...I cant begin to tell you what av learnt so far..already researching on UHV that big Francis talked about and reading the Germany thread now also...'a scam thread' just made that possible....@bigfrancis @nellivot @dpinz99 lemme research small... Am coming back with my questions...but seriously my spirit is fired up..thanks a lot folks.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by everyevery: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
dprinz99:

I've seen people take loans,I've seen poeple sell properties I've seen someone using his life savings of about 50k usd to pursue a master degree at MIT and at no point I've I seen them complaining.the last guy I mentioned Is currently working with google.please google their salary and u will know that it worths it.
Life is risk.we may all have our opinion but we never belong to the same school of thought.
I didn't say he should use his life earning to get a degree but I only came in when some1 said degree is needless and I'll still tell u that degree goes far than being useful especially a degree from a good school.
Before I continue,i challenge you to tell mie 5 nairaland era that you know that graduated from any IVY-league uni without an average work to keep him or her.
He may be making 200k/month from blogging but do you know how far he can go with a degree as an added advantage?
Nigeria you are talking about is like hell if u don't know
If u know wasted and dead talent in this country u wouldn't advice sny2 to stay here.for Christ sake he can still be blogging while studying @ease at least with fast internet acess my guy.
Life is about choice and perception.
I stand for education and I stand for quality not the trash we get home here in nigeria.
if he is making 200k in blogging in Nigeria every month believe you me he will make 500k in a month outside this country. Nigeria certificate may be worthless but people that possess foreign certificates rule all sectors in Nigeria from politics to the corporate sectors. .There are loads of not too stressful opportunities outside this country go and explore new world.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
oddytony:

What type of advice is this?

OP, you better invest what you are making now, don't be silly asking and taking advice from anonymous people on nairaland
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Shakitibob0: 6:29am On Jul 16, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Big boss...I have asked this question on the USA thread but I didn't get a satisfactory answer. ...I find out that many people post about TOEFL test only on the thread.. Does it mean that IELTS is not that relevant in the U.S?

I am planning to write the IELTS exams soon for embassy purposes only as I already have English test waived for me by my school
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dotcomnamename: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2017
[quote author=AfonjaBoston post=58219305]None .
Go to OAU or Lag spend 350k on both masters and PhD use the "knowledge" gotten to invest the remaining 2million and change.
Thank me later.

Don't go and waste your life serving the white man and marrying Oyinbo for immigration benefit.live fake credit life no tangible liquid cash in bank account. Student visa for white man country is just a revenue earning strategy for that country they don't care about you. They haven't cared enough for their citizen na one African booty scratcher them go care for??

Boy use your number 6

Fuckkkkkkk the white man's land.
Nigeria is the best country in the world

DEY DECEIVE YOURSELF undecided
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by bigfrancis21: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
Shakitibob0:
Big boss...I have asked this question on the USA thread but I didn't get a satisfactory answer. ...I find out that many people post about TOEFL test only on the thread.. Does it mean that IELTS is not that relevant in the U.S?

I am planning to write the IELTS exams soon for embassy purposes only as I already have English test waived for me by my school

TOEFL is primarily a US-based exam while IELTS is a British exam. Some schools here accept both, some accept only TOEFL. However, since you're taking it for the embassy's sake, you are good to go, since it is accepted by some US schools anyway, then it should be acceptable at the US embassy. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Frankaka8(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
bigfrancis21:

TOEFL is primarily a US-based exam while IELTS is a British exam. Some schools here accept both, some accept only TOEFL. However, since you're taking it for the embassy's sake, you are good to go, since it is accepted by some US schools anyway, then it should be acceptable at the US embassy. Goodluck.
kudos Bigfrancis, pls i need clarifications. "The graduate level" applicant does it implies Msc (masters degree level)... also from your assertions if 2.5m can cover for just 1year academic session, wouldn't there be an issut at the embassy since it cannot cover fully as the interviewers may demand a full tuition fee/expenses for the whole program rather than workin and skooling?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million / The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It / Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.