Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay (28139 Views)

Buhari Disagrees With AGF Malami Orders EFCC To Prosecute Diezani, Adoke, Others / Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina / I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by 989900: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2017
crisisexpert321:
It's evident where the future of Nigeria is in another 1year. Three pillars shaking and now the centre divided against itself. shocked

You can see it that way, or see it as concrete work (usually messy) for foundation laying of accountability.

At this stage, its all opinions we have.

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by misspineapple(f): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2017
chymes0359:

Am I the only one tired with is Magu confirmation of a thingy?

Don't know what this people are trying to protect or gain in this MAGU controversial issue..

If it's power THEY are so drunk with it..
That it has to be cut down..
Me too..Confirmed or not,Nigerians are seeing no impact of their gallivanting

2 Likes

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Saintp(m): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2017
It seems we are going to be on Magu or no Magu till 2019 without actually achieving anything on the anti corruption front. I think both the executhieves and the legislathieves are not just serious.

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2017
As long as the cat is indisposed & away to see the queen in London, little rats like Shehu & Malami will keep dancing azonto freely forgetting that even the picture of a cat still scares rats.

The proliferation of insubordination in the FEC must be squashed quickly before it becomes cancerous. Perhaps Malami should be the scapegoat!

While it is true that Ibrahim Magu is not the only saint that can do the job, maybe he is just destined to be the only one to do the job right now. And as long as Buhari remains the president, Magu will continue to be the Ag. Chairman of the EFCC. The presidency can as well forget about making him substantive due to the NAS's interest in seeing that he is out of that office.

Furthermore, the NAS is only being crude & saneless by refusing to confirm other nominees from the presidency. Or is everyone of them now Ibrahim Magu?

This country belongs to all of us and not a few agbada politicians with no brain under the red & green cap they wear.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by slynat(m): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2017
xcolanto:
I have no idea why the executhieves are hell bent on confirming magu as efcc boss! For crying out loud, magu is not the only "saint" we have in Nigeria. So they mean if magu is indisposed then the efcc would not function again? Fighting corruption is not an individual based job but an institutionalized based requirement. Putting one man at the fore front of this whole corruption fight seems fishy and suspicious.

While the last administration was strengthen institutions this present one is strengthen magu!
Indeed wonders shall never end, let's watch this movie to the end because at the end, the institutions last while the individual moves ahead.
This government never learns, they might end up removing magu after all this drama as they are known for going back to their vomits. cry

Then ask yourself why the LEGISLATOR are bent on removing MAGU, Also why haven't the DSS come out with evidence they have so that Nigeria as a whole will know Magu is corrupt.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Tecno66: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2017
The allegiance of this people is not to the presidency but to Buhari. That is why they make such undermining statements.
Dotng:
Magu’s confirmation controversy: Sagay, others knock AGF, El-Rufai says Magu’ll remain EFCC chairman

The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has said going by the constitution, any minister, who openly disagrees with Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, risks being sacked for insubordination.

Sagay said this in a statement on Thursday.

The PACAC chairman therefore berated the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), for taking a separate stance from Osinbajo over the refusal of the Senate to confirm the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu.

A few hours after Malami had said Osinbajo did not consult the Federal Executive Council before saying the executive did not need Senate confirmation for Magu to function, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, described the acting President’s comment as a ‘‘personal opinion.’’

Malami, who is also the Minister of Justice, had, while briefing State House correspondents after the weekly FEC meeting on Wednesday, said Osinbajo’s statement that Magu did not need Senate confirmation was a personal opinion and not that of the body of ministers.

However, Sagay said Malami was out of order because the constitution stated clearly that the opinion or decision of the President or acting President was final and could not be questioned by any minister.

Also, the Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership believed those opposing the acting President could be saboteurs in the Presidency while a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Norrison Quakers, pointed out that a situation where officials of government disagree with the head of that government was dangerous.

Sagay explained that any minister, who openly disagreed with the President or the acting President, deserved to be sacked going by Section 5(1) of the 1999 Constitution, which states that executive powers of the Federation shall be vested in the President, not in the Executive Council of the Federation.

He argued that ministers and the FEC had no executive authority outside what was granted them by the President or Acting President.

The PACAC chairman, a senior advocate of Nigeria, added, “The Executive Council of the Federation, also known as FEC, cannot have views that are separate or different from those of the President, or where applicable, the Acting President; otherwise, that will constitute gross insubordination and misconduct that can lead to dismissal.

“Therefore, the slant being given to the statement of the Attorney General of the Federation, namely; that the Executive Council of the Federation is entitled to meet in order to express an opinion or view on a matter on which the President or Acting President has already expressed his views or opinions is wrong, misleading and totally unconstitutional.”

Also, the CACOL feared that there could be saboteurs in the Presidency, who were not comfortable with the fight against corruption and who would want Magu removed.

The CACOL Director, Debo Adeniran, said, “Some of those ministers appointed by President Buhari are those who will not support him to fight corruption hands down. There are several executives in the Presidency who will be sabotaging the bids of the President and the acting President.

“We know that the ascendancy of this administration to power rests on its readiness to fight corruption. The EFCC chairman has been able to demonstrate courage, standing eyeball-to-eyeball with people who feel they are larger than life.’’

In his reaction, another SAN, Mr. Norrison Quakers, said the development was not healthy for the polity as it portrayed the Federal Government as a house divided against itself.

Quakers stated, “Quite frankly speaking, this is not healthy for the polity; it strikes at the heart of our constitutional democracy.

‘‘Therefore, if he (acting President) expressed any opinion, it should not be seen as a personal opinion.

“This development portrays the Federal Government as a house divided against itself.”

Quakers, who recalled that even before Buhari proceeded on his medical vacation in the United Kingdom, he had, through his spokesman, stated that Magu would continue to act as the EFCC chairman.

He explained that Osinbajo’s position was not at variance with Buhari’s position.

He added, “As the Chief Law Officer of the nation, the AGF is not expected to toe any political line on any issues but to state the position of the law.

‘‘It is not healthy for a member of the Federal Executive Council to speak against the acting President, to say that what the acting President said was his personal opinion.”

However, a Lagos-based lawyer, Mr. Dele Adeogun, said the differences between the executive and the legislature over Magu’s position should be subjected to judicial interpretation rather than for the legislature to say it would no longer screen any appointee sent to it by the executive.

Presidency to retain Magu as EFCC chair, says el-Rufai

Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, on Thursday, declared that the Presidency had decided that it would retain Magu as the head of the EFCC.

El-Rufai, who represented Osinbajo at the inauguration of the Kaduna office of the EFCC, noted that as long as the President Buhari – led administration lasted, Magu would not be removed.

“I had a discussion with the President (Buhari) on the Magu issue. He said he has every confidence in the work that the commission, led by Magu, is doing, and as long as he (Buhari) is President, you (Magu) remain the chairman of the EFCC.

“For those who believe that Magu is their nightmares, he will remain there for the next two years. I spoke with the Acting President last night (Wednesday) and he affirmed what the President said,” el-Rufai said.

He added that he had recovered over N500m without making any noise from past government officials and contractors in the state, stating that the corrupt officials would be handed over to the commission for prosecution.

Magu, in his address at the event, called for the establishment of ‘special’ prisons for corrupt Nigerians at the Sambisa Forest, said to be the stronghold of the terror sect, Boko Haram, in the past.

He said this would be possible if only the judiciary would cooperate with the commission.

Magu said, “We want to call for the establishment of a prison in Sambisa Forest in order to keep away corrupt people from our midst.’’

FEC didn’t disown Osinbajo, says Malami

But the AGF, on Thursday night, alleged that his statement that Osinbajo’s comment on Magu was not the position of FEC, was distorted.

Malami said in a statement posted on the Facebok page of Aso Rock Villa on Thursday that he did not say that FEC disowned Osinbajo as reported.

He stated, “All matters relating to presidential appointments and nominations are strictly a matter for the Presidency to handle. They are not for the Federal Executive Council, and are therefore not discussed at FEC level. This was the point I made yesterday at the press briefing, and which was unfortunately distorted by the media.”

http://punchng.com/sagay-others-knock-agf-el-rufai-says-magull-remain-efcc-chairman/

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by mikolo4us: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2017
Na blue film I dey watch or na red film....laughing Uncle Liar's voice.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by ItodOgede: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2017
Not good for our Polity
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2017
this daft Malsmi whose understanding of law amounts to elementary. i blame buhari

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by xcolanto(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2017
typumps:

This statement of yours shows you have no brain at all. You don't know politics that why the thieves keep scamming us.

You that has half brain what do you have to show for it? Learn to construct a sentence correctly before you think of knowing politics. That's why no one takes you seriously.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by xcolanto(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=justtee42k post=58208865][/quote]

You receive wisdom! Why must the president think his above everyone? I don't think you know the functions legislative arm of government so your aptly ignorant. Your construct of words are poor and I can't seem to engage you further! Your just pumping shit from your brain instead of your anus! Mr know it all
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by xcolanto(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=typumps post=58208871][/quote]

Your reply shows your shallow and a dimwit
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by xcolanto(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2017
olahajayi:

Why is senate also finding it hard to confirm him?

Because Magi abi Magu is no saint! He has corruption charges levelled against him by the DSS! Are you from mars cous you seem not to be aware of this or your plan ignorant on political happenings.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by xcolanto(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2017
slynat:

Then ask yourself why the LEGISLATOR are bent on removing MAGU, Also why haven't the DSS come out with evidence they have so that Nigeria as a whole will know Magu is corrupt.

I aksed my self and the reason is same as that of the senate! Magi abi Magi has corrupt practices hanging on his neck which he failed woefully in clearing when he was called upon by the legislative arm of government. Did you not watch the live secession?

The DSS did come out with evidence which included that he magi abi magu lived above his means and he had a familiar relationship with a former air force personnel that is being investigated for corruption. Who goes around romancing with someone charge with corruption as a head of a corruption fighting agency if not magi??
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by karimcarim(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2017
I support the motion
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Max24: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2017
xcolanto:
I have no idea why the executhieves are hell bent on confirming magu as efcc boss! For crying out loud, magu is not the only "saint" we have in Nigeria. So they mean if magu is indisposed then the efcc would not function again? Fighting corruption is not an individual based job but an institutionalized based requirement. Putting one man at the fore front of this whole corruption fight seems fishy and suspicious.

While the last administration was strengthen institutions this present one is strengthen magu!
Indeed wonders shall never end, let's watch this movie to the end because at the end, the institutions last while the individual moves ahead.
This government never learns, they might end up removing magu after all this drama as they are known for going back to their vomits. cry
By the same token what interest does d legislooters have in opposing Magus confirmation? Is their decision based on national interest or theirs? Historically, the same nass bullied all past efcc chairmen out of office - from Ribadu to Farida to Lamorde and now Magu. No wonder no high profile corruption prosecution after Ribadu. How many thieves among them has the legislooters exposed since 1999. Thieving legislators.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by papoose321: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
Dem don dey fall out 1 by 1.. Malawi, sagay, magu, simbi, Ali so na Aisha Buhari de talk about since.. una weldone ooh.. just de pass say mak I hail una oo

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by SmartchoicesNG: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
Sacked for insubordination to a mere commissioner abi minister for cordination.. the same sagay that defended Magu not long ago..
Una funny shaa..
You will certainly be elevated....but you will never be honored.... Just like you have mocked Acting President Osinbajo you will be subject of acute ridicule...
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by bashydemy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
xcolanto:

Magu is not the only saint but what are the Senators scare of? We can still remember ho Akpabio said they will not confirm Magu so he will not use them do pepper soup.. haha
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by jrusky(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
But this Magu of a case should be put to rest and may I ask what is Osibanjo and this foolish thing called Sagay or Shagamu interest in this Magu of a guy? apc has be flouting all rules and regulation since they came to power and I have said this and I'm saying it again the very day apc lost power in Nigeria the revenge on them will be too brutal.

Magu is not n the rank of who to head EFCC by the law laid down as to whom to head that position. Please is Magu the only person in Nigeria that can fight corruption? He is below the rank send him packing and follow the laid down rules that guide that position this was how a confused semi skeleton pooh called Buhari bypassed all customs senior guys and went to army to forcefully imposed a Colonel as Custom Boss all my life I have never seen or heard such happening anywhere before only in Nigeria.

Many will say it's Saraki that want Magu out that is a lie the rule that guide that position as RFCC Boss want Magu out he is not qualify for that position apc stop disgracing Nigeria, stop being a slap to rules and regulations. Melaye spoke they called him fools lousy man but he has said the truth.

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Sonoyom(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
Masters Versus Slaves

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Zico5:
These power drunken North cabal must be taught a great lesson they have never learnt. This same senario played out during GEJ era. The acting president should watched closely and act as a wise person. Everyone knows that the time of Buhari is up and that's why the cabal are fighting seriously to remain relevant. All of them will be flushed out sooner or later.

When will guys stop your bigotry:
Now that a southerner is in charge must every seemingly counter statement or reaction against him be because of his region? - this matter is not a regional problem because all the principal actors are not from a particular region?

Is Osinbajo not a southerner trying to protect a northerner, Magu; is the Senate president not a northerner supported by his corrupt colleagues from all the regions trying to attack the same Magu, his brother northerner?

The AGF no doubt goofed in his attempt at damage control to protect the Ag. President; how could that suddenly be construed as an attack baffles me.

His statement clearly to suggested (which I admit may retrospectively still not be ok) that the senate was reacting prematurely because the VP's comment was not official nor officially communicated to them - i.e. his intention was clearly to protect and not to attack the VP.

Abeg, this matter pass regional interest or a cabal thing; it is clearly about corruption fighting back.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by naijagobetter(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
baysol:

Prof. Oshinbajo should be more proactive, the last time I checked it is the people that elected him into the post and he has the authority going for him, but the same cannot be said for impostors like Saraki. He must not be like mumu GEJ who allow people to heat up the polity at will. He must strategically dissolve the house and senate and call for a general election as per the provisions of the constitution, in order to flush out these crop of Dirty politicking, Corrupt, overated, incompetent, lots in the legislation. Right from the impostor called Saraki to the last thieve in the house to ursher in a new crop of people with fresh ideas to move Nigeria forward.
And make the national assembly less attractive to allowfor those with good intentions for service.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by rottennaija(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
xcolanto:

How many of such or should I say, how much of such corruption fight did the Institution of EFCC fight during the past administration?
Even after burahi was sworn in, how many of such big cases did the former EFCC boss take on? Until Magu was appointed by Buhari. Magu gave EFCC the tooth to bite and they are becoming a nightmare.

Besides, all this talk of institutional fight against corruption in Nigeria is not true. The institutions in Nigeria is corrupt and rotten to the core. Rarely can you find anyone that the institution cannot corrupt themselves and rarely can you find someone that is courageous enough to fight a corrupt institution let alone lead the institution in a fight against corruption
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by rottennaija(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
naijagobetter:
Osibanjo should do away with these saboteurs to set an example, better stil he should go to OBJ for a crash course on how to deal with these criminals that parade themselves as leaders, mehn..! In cases like this kwankwaso comes to mind.

Somehow, I feel Osibanjo and objective are not really in terms
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by LastSurvivor11: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

You will certainly be elevated....but you will never be honored.... Just like you have mocked Acting President Osinbajo you will be subject of acute ridicule...

Stupidity is in ur DNA, am I the sarki that called him mere commissioner or am I buhari cabal that name him cordinator in the letter sent to the senate?
Meanwhile, I 4got u are God that decides who to elevate and who to cast down..
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Bhol28: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
seunmsg:

A very cheap attempt at damage control. The attack on the acting president was well coordinated and Nigerians can easily read between the lines. The senate attacked him on Tuesday, the AGF attacked him on Wednesday in a manner never seen before and Garba Shehu completed the attack by reinforcing the exact statement that Malami is now claiming was distorted.

Whatever the case, the acting president cannot be cowed or bullied, he will remain the president until Buhari comes back to take over. Magu will also remain the acting chairman of EFCC until the presidency says otherwise.
Confirm,so far the presidency believes in Magu's competency to assist in the corruption war they campainged fight he will continue acting as the Efcc chairman.No where in the constitution is the presidency compelled to replace him if senate refuses to confirm him
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by udomoh(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Exactly
Bizzarre!Meet Toddler Who Cries Blood Daily Due to Mystery Ailment http://www.nimedhealth.com.ng
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by deomelo: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
LordAdam16:
Osinbajo that cannot sack Magu because he is Buhari's appointee, would now sack Malami another Buhari's appointee. Would he also sack Garba Shehu who said the same thing?

What's A got to do with B and how are they related? Are the other people you listed due or destined to appear before the senate?

This man does not know the disease he is suffering from...

You must have looked in the mirror. Are you not the one suffering fro the disease because at your old age, you still can not make informed and intelligent distinctions between different issues and personalities..

That's how they were yelling for Lawal, in the end, Buhari pulled the rug from under their feet.

Anyway, he is justifying his pay. Let him continue.

And what are you justifying? Your ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by omokab: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
xcolanto:

you don't even know what you are saying. stealing is not corruption is now the one that strengthening the organisation abi? If at all Magu is not the only saint,you should have also ask why your people refuse to confirm him if not for their own selfish interest. So the presidency should bow to their stupid own interest so that they dine wine at last for celebration of winning the war.
Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Bimpe29: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nigeria as an entity, has never been this divided. It is pretty in disarray. Sadly, there is no clear cut head way....

Instead, we are wallowing in much more hypocrisy, hatred, insincerity and height of criminality.

1 Like

Re: Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay by Blue3k(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Osinbajo can sack them afterwards the office remains staffed with Acting heads like himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Dumps Queens English For Pidgin Because Of Buhari(Video) / President Buhari Returns From Iran(photo) / Gunmen Kill Two Security Men For Attending Soludo's Prayer On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.