Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? (17896 Views)

Mowe/ibafo Real Estate Boom 3.0! It's Happening, Are You Taking Position? / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by edoman2016: 6:34am On Jul 07, 2017
I want to learn from house owners or those that are still building their own house, the sacrifices they took or are taking to have enough money to build their own house. It could be cutting down your lifestyle expenses such as cars, clothing, electronics etc, opening a side business or taking an extra job, or no vacation for the family.

Some of us will like to learn from your experiences on the sacrifices you took before building your house.

5 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by osumak2: 6:41am On Jul 07, 2017
FTC WOW.......... Back to the questions will just cut all unnecessary expenses shikena

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by bukynkwuenu: 6:41am On Jul 07, 2017
*land space sold*

I just bought one here, just believe in yourself and wake up early in the morning and wait for land space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Biggty(m): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2017
Not eating or spending unnecessary

3 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by nairaman66(m): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2017
Saving money won't probably get you a house! If it can, it will take you years. A good business deal/contract will.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by tompat86(m): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2017
Not eating atall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by babycherub(f): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by money121(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Ok
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Agimor(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Applying prudence in my spending.

3 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by money121(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2017
edoman2016:
I want to learn from house owners or those that are still building their own house, the sacrifices they took or are taking to have enough money to build their own house. It could be cutting down your lifestyle expenses such as cars, clothing, electronics etc, opening a side business or taking an extra job, or no vacation for the family.

Some of us will like to learn from your experiences on the sacrifices you took before building your house.

No matter the sacrifice if you are not destiny to build house u will not..
For example does that sell petty things build house while people that work with big firm will not becos their what to live big..
Prefer to spend Money on rent annually, Money that can buy land and build better house..
Imagine house rent on island.. My brother u go fear. If u get that kind money u don be landlord for mainland ooo grin grin
That's why my Yoruba people use to say.
Olorun lo kole fun EDA not by power...

And build ur own house is differ from purchasing oooo grin grin

Incase you are building yours and Already get to Roofing Level..
Kindly call/WhatsApp 08085310359 For your original Roofing sheet.

Check my signature for more...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Rrankdonga(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2017
I broke up with all my side chicks.

Take this piece of advice for J Cole.
I swear if niggas put half of what they put in chasing ass into a craft, by now you'd be famous and rich

15 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by GreatEngineer(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2017
Use my vehicle for over four years now and couldn’t change it because of my building project, though the vehicle is due for change but God dey sha! Don't spend money anyhow, can't buy a very good gadgets for now, all these will change by next year hopefully when I move into the house by His grace.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Sakah1(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2017
Pray and ask God guide you,and protect you so that this your project can be accomplished in his glory amen.then you start building and at same time keep working hard because houses can consume more than your budgets. Thanks @ Honourable Sakah.

6 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by damosade(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2017
Ma cha che

2 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by phayvoursky(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2017
I HAVE NOT BUILT MINE BUT I HAVE MADE SACRIFICES FOR ONE.

OUR THEN RENTED BUILDING WAS BEEN MARKED BY LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT FOR DEMOLITION DURING THE ERA OF FAILED BUILDING COLLAPSE FAR BACK 05/06 AND ALREADY POPSY HAD ACQUIRED PIECE OF LAND AT BADAGRY.

PARENTS CALLED I AND MY 2 SIBLINGS THAT SCHOOL HAS TO BE DROPPED FOR ONE YEAR TO MAKE SURE WE SEE OUR BUILDING TO COMPLETION.

SO WE SKIPPED SCHOOL ONE YEAR, DROPPED THE LUXURY MEALS AND SPENDINGS AND WORK WAS MOVING ON OUR SITE SPEEDILY.

I FOLLOWED MY DAD FROM AJEGUNLE TO BADAGRY ANYTIME WORK WAS TO BE DONE, I OFFERED HELP TOO AS AN UNPAID LABOURER TOO.

LUCKILY THE BUILDING WAS RAISED AND WE PACKED INTO OUR BUILDING LIVING ONLY IN ONE ROOM. WORK WAS STILL ON GOING BUT NOW ON A SLOWER PACE DEPENDING ON WHEN THE MONEY TO EXECUTE IT WAS AVAILABLE.

TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT; THE BUILDING IS COMPLETE AND UP TO STANDARD AND I AND MY BROTHERS ARE GRADUATES.

THAT EXPERIENCE THOUGHT ME TWO MAJOR LESSONS: YOU DO NOT NEED A FAT ACCOUNT TO OWN A BUILDING OR PROPERTY AND THERE IS NO STRONGER FORCE LIKE A UNITED FAMILY. MORNING ALL

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by toluxa1(m): 6:48am On Jul 07, 2017
Following
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by BABSIN(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Hmm learning.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by money121(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2017
cool
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 07, 2017
Money ritual sacrifice consisting of cobra head, 5 live tortoises, head of a monkey and blood of a virgin.

Try it and you will build a mansion in less than 6 months

2 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by michael3876(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2017
it is just determination. i just started moukding blocks, by next year d real work will start, it is a gradual process.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 07, 2017
okay

A brand new four(4) bedroom semi-detached duplex is
up for sale with just one unit left..

Attractions:
1. POP ceilings
2. All rooms ensuite
3. Well spacious rooms
4. Tiled floors
5. Paved Compound
6. Treated water supply
7. Spacious parking space
8. Not crowded + brand new compound transformer
9. Security Post
10. Paved street and accessible road
11. Serene, Safe and Secured environment
12. Proximity to the Novare Mall and Lagos Business
School

Title: C of O

Price: #18M (net)
Call/WhatsApp: +2348138718647; +2348075256644
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

2 Shares

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by ayamprecious: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2017
angry grin

Picture speaks

The drink I mean there z Pepsi ooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by dewale2k: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2017
edoman2016:

edoman2016:

bukynkwuenu:
*land space sold*

I just bought one here, just believe in yourself and wake up early in the morning and wait for land space
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Digimiles: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2017
Looking for SMS? http://www.digimiles.in/
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2017
Savings, investment and planning
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2017
It's only the grace of God.

I saw a thread on Nairaland then analysing how much is needed to build,one bedroom,two bedroom and three bedroom bungalows respectively.

I was motivated by that post and it was my wish/dream then to build a befitting house before marriage which Allah granted me.

I planned on the type of house I want to build based on my salary then and relating it to the thread I read and it was done.

Though it's not easy because you have to cut down most of your luxuries,no more going to ozone,no more eating at white house, no more dashing out of money unnecessarily.

Within a year I finished building the house,its all God sha,Alhamdulilah.

17 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2017
Make I relax for here

3 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by infogenius(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2017
The sacrifices are all in your post.
I did all except taking an extra job but more importantly I included
unwavering determination.
We shall all Succeed
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Olasco93: 7:07am On Jul 07, 2017
In this part of the world, a question like this scares women away. They always think it's for Men. No, you're getting it wrong.

3 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by DrGoodmanFather: 7:10am On Jul 07, 2017
By drinking Garri.

Drinking Garri is not a sign of poverty but soaking Garri to rise for a long time is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tips For Living On Your Own For The First Time / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kaduna, over 50 trapped. / How The 3 Storey Building Collapsed In Ibadan — Construction Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.