Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu (32512 Views)

Photo:President Buhari Together With VP Osinbajo Held Virtual Meeting With PEAC / PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader / Onnoghen Trial: Names Of The 47 SANS For CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Viergeachar: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Check the meaning of "barely skimmed," then shove the meaning and your next reply to me in your a$$!

-Lord

ehya. You sound pained and confused.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Charles545: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2017
Viergeachar:

Isnt it evident the senate is trying hard to make Osinbajo rebel against his boss indirectly.

Osinbajo has said Magu will remain acting chairman as long as he remains acting president.

Let me break it down for you: it means, I will only remove Magu when I become substantive either automatically as a result of PMB's demise or by the same senate declaring PMB incapacitated and hence unfit to rule as a result of his continued absence from the country or government business.

Now say thank you sir.

I doff my hat...
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by LordAdam16: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2017
Viergeachar:

ehya. You sound pained and confused.

Clearly, you didn't read my message again.

Au revoir!

-Lord
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by baysol: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2017
Prof. Oshinbajo should be more proactive, the last time I checked it is the people that elected him into the post and he has the authority going for him, but the same cannot be said for impostors like Saraki. He must not be like mumu GEJ who allow people to heat up the polity at will. He must strategically dissolve the house and senate and call for a general election as per the provisions of the constitution, in order to flush out these crop of Dirty politicking, Corrupt, overated, incompetent, lots in the legislation. Right from the impostor called Saraki to the last thieve in the house to ursher in a new crop of people with fresh ideas to move Nigeria forward.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by orisa37: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2017
The NASS is jealous of:-
1, Your Constitutional Power to grant Amnesty upfront or backdown to any citizen to thrive.
2, Your Divine Power, as a Man of God, to forgive sins and make Magu Born Again.
You are in the Purpose of God. Keep on being righteous.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by joenor(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2017
Ppl when nor want Magu na ppl when get skeleton for their cupboard. Acting pres wise decision.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by blackboy(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2017
What I want to know is why must Magu continue? Has he cleaned up the EFCC? The financial crimes the EFCC have handled so far how well were they handled.Get someone else, must it be police? Falana fit do the work. But my own problem will he be confirmed? But at least before his confirmation he should have cleaned up EFCC and done proper financial crime fighting without partisan or ethnic condition.Osinbajo as far as I am concerned will not and cannot go against the PMB nominations or policies. He is still acting. He fit get another letter like he did to sign the budget.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Is this issue really a good spot to expend precious political capital?

Will Magu point a touchlight at Bourdillon road? Or is that taboo? grin grin cheesy

Interesting times
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Emtol01: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
Was he privy to Magu's nomination who was picked by Buhari's Aso Rock cabal?

Answer: NO!

Was he elected to slug out constitutional matters with the Senate?

Instead of this man to drop his lawyer briefcase and assume the leadership role he was bestowed with and to start building an amicable bridge with the Senate he is stubbornly behaving like Buhari's legal adviser over a non- issue.
You go school at all?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Charly68: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
Was he privy to Magu's nomination who was picked by Buhari's Aso Rock cabal?

Was he elected to slug out constitutional matters with the Senate?

Instead of this man to drop his lawyer briefcase and assume the leadership role he was bestowed with and to start building an amicable bridge with the Senate he is stubbornly behaving like Buhari's legal adviser over a non- issue.
check your cognitive ability ...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by donqx: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2017
politicians
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by ImadeUReadThis: 10:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Charly68:
check your cognitive ability ...

redeemer or die hard afonja?
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Charly68: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

May you die painful death in Jesus name...your days are already numbered for cursing the anointed on this page.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Charly68: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

May you die painful death in Jesus name...your days are already numbered for cursing the anointed on this page in Jesus name
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by sagaxity(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2017
I just hate it when our leaders bring the constitution and tend to interpret it when it concerns their political appointees, but turn a blind eye and do as their mind tells them when it concerns the Nigeria populace.

What would Magu do as an EFCC boss that the presidency is so keen about? on the other hand, what would Magu do as an EFCC boss that the senate is scared about? So many things need to be brought to light...

Make una no try confuse us o....

Where is Buhari...
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Maxvasia(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2017
achieverme:

Playing to the gallery for seeking legal advice? Chai, you brain must be very dead.
But u do not have to insult na. Must u ppl insult?? Haba!
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by achieverme(m): 10:22am On Jul 07, 2017
Maxvasia:
But u do not have to insult na. Must u ppl insult?? Haba!

Must you make unreasonable comment?
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by EloGoodlife: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Trash!

Did you read my message at all, illiterate?

Better go back to bed if your head is paining you this early morning.

-Lord

This frustrated old man is always insulting people online, don't you have shame?
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Maxvasia(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
achieverme:

O
Must you make unreasonable comment?
Unreasonable to you does not mean its Unreasonable in reality. Everyone has a right to his view/perception. If u think he is wrong and u have a clear counter-point, just calmly make him see ur point instead of insulting. I do hope this comment is "reasonable" enough for you.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by ImadeUReadThis: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Charly68:
May you die painful death in Jesus name...your days are already numbered for cursing the anointed on this page in Jesus name

Not only will your fake pastor be impeached but may gonorrhea without cure befall you
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by emmymdk: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Afraid of who?

Magu that is yet to secure a single court conviction?

Magu who is obviously not qualified for chairman of EFCC?

The Senate rejected Magu solely in the grounds of the DSS security dossier on him which recommended that Magu was not honest enough to be bestowed with such position as the head of Nigeria's corruption agency.

Go and ask why the same DSS refused to clear him.

Or do you want this same house to work against a security report?

All of una just dey make noise

Magu remains a nobody and the only reason the Senate rightly rejected him was based on the DSS report.

Where I think the Senate went wrong is where they held a closed door screening of Magu which the Senate said was to protect him from being exposed by the security report which Magu could not provide credible defense for himself.

Osinbanjo is just being an over busy body over this Magu issue as he just wants to use the saga to tell Nigerians he is a professor of law.

You know nothing! Close your trap...

Before you quote me, Do a proper research!
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Viergeachar: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Clearly, you didn't read my message again.
Au revoir!
-Lord
For your mind...
Odabo!
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by bayulll011(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2017
seunmsg:
Seeking a judicial interpretation is the best way to go. The federal high court struck down a particular section of the electoral act some years back for being inconsistent with the constitution and I believe the same will happen this time around. The EFCC act cannot be superior to the constitution of the country.

YES U ARE CORRECT,BUT THE SENATE DOES NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO REJECT ANY EFCC CHAIRMAN CHAMPIONED BY THE EXECUTIVES,WHAT I SEE HERE IS A RAT AND CAT CHASE NONE OF THEM IS WILLIGNLY TO APPROACH THE HIGH COURT COS IT WILL DESTROY THEIR RANK,EXECUTIVE DONT WANT TO LOOSE,ALSO WITH THOSE UNFORTUNATE SENATORS,BUT I THINK THE THIEVES IN THE NAME OF SENATORS WILL HAVE THEIR WAY,JUST 1B NAIRA TO WHOEVER PRESIDES THE CASE
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Viergeachar: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by psalmsjob: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2017
raker300:
Imagine this?!

5 hours to deliberate on a nonentity..

Imagine dedicating such a time to the suffering masses..

The proximate cause of the suffering of the masses is corruption my bloda grin

Fix corruption and you'll have fixed 90% of Nigeria's problems and the other 5% are people who are more preoccupied with opposing government regardless of anything good done and the other 5% PMB already spoke about them grin
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by facealone05(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Why u people like to be insulting how come u sure dt they not consult him first just try to think well before u reply to issue
Instead of using the office that he was bestowed upon to help repair the damage done by his principal Buhari, osinbanjo wants to use the stage as his personal court room.

Stupid man defending magu who he was never consulted on his nomination
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by jconsulting(f): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2017
Some body will surely win this war , and am sure it can't be Senate cos the those do due consultation before talking , see the VP inviting scholars in law profession to brainstorm on the issue , but Senators will only open their mouths in the chambers with more than 90% of them making noise while the session is going on, soon Ekeremadu will be assign to write down names of noise makers.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by solbamm: 10:53am On Jul 07, 2017
God will continually be with you my Acting President.
Re: Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu by Olabestonic001(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
okwobros:
Is magu the only man in nigeria capable of leading efcc, the constitution made it clear the president will appoint and send to the senate for confirmation and once the senate says no then you look for another person after all the senate is working with the DSS report on magu and the senate means nigeria in general.

Not the Constitution. EFCC Act says so but Constitution says otherwise. And by logic, if the Constitution supersedes any other acts, then the President and Ag. President are both right. It just meant former governments have been progressing in error by sending the EFCC Chairman's names to the Senate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

General Anthony Ukpo Is Dead (Pictures) / Shaibu Prayed For Omobayo Godwins To Be Higher Than Him, Months Ago / Senate Officially Confirms Rejecting Magu As EFCC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.