Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly (2318 Views)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family / Lady Announced Her Sister Was Missing But She Was Busy In The Bedroom With Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by SommyNwaba(m): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
According to a The Sun UK report, Kat Armendariz, a young lady from El Paso in Texas, took the opportunity to snap the "ultimate selfie" – of the moment that her sister gave birth.

The woman risked her sister’s wrath by getting out her phone and capturing her sister Kimberly screaming in pain as she struggled to push out her baby.

In the photo, Kat can be seen smiling into the camera as her sister lies on the hospital bed, hands over her eyes in anguish.

New aunt Kat uploaded the shot to Imgur with the caption “SELFIE! While my sister is about to shove a baby out her vag!”

The epic image has been viewed over 500,000 times and has over 1,000 comments.

Many felt the image was insensitive to her sister, who was in the middle of both an intimate and painful experience.

But Kat said that thankfully Kimberly saw the funny side of the image.

Kat said to Mashable: “She wasn't in too much pain at first, so she thought it was pretty funny.
“I told her I was going to do it, she just started the oxytocin and the labour pains began almost instantly.

“She started to feel it and right when she was like, 'Oh my god I can't take this,' I took the photo."

Many people agreed that the photo was hilarious, albeit slightly “cruel and funny”.

One said: “She's gonna hate you for this later.”

And another commented: “If someone took my picture while I was in labour, I would make a point of keeping my placenta just so I could throw it at them.”

However not everyone saw the funny side to the story, with one user saying: “Keep on smiling, your turn will come one day.”

While Kimberly hasn't made Kat regret her selfie, a few other people have been made to wish they never took theirs.

-------------------> Anusiobi Itfranklyn

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by jhydebaba(m): 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
All these girls sha angry Dey can take selfie in any situation.

Even if den throw dem bomb, den go first upload snapchat video #hellstraight #bomblowmybum

1 Like

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Ajewealth123(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
Oyinbo no get sense before naw,I trust my wife,even if she dey labour die,she go still get extra strength tear you resetting slap

2 Likes

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Martin0(m): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ajewealth123:
Oyinbo no get sense before naw,I trust my wife,even if she dey labour die,she go still get extra strength tear you resetting slap
hahaahah ur wife most be an aggressive lady
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Ajewealth123(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Martin0:
hahaahah ur wife most be an aggressive lady
no she isn't,she just hate stupid things and play like this

2 Likes

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Oche211(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
jhydebaba:

Even if den throw dem bomb, den go first upload snapchat video #hellstraight #bomblowmybum
Lol
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Martin0(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ajewealth123:
ok ooo..
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Martin0(m): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ajewealth123:
Aje how far na,?I know say work for ur side na rush houre,click us into your ministry na,am related to that profession..
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by jhudit(f): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
jhydebaba:

It's just for memories...anyone present can capture the moment.

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Acidosis(m): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
She's dum.b
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by Blessytee(f): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
Just passing by
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Taking the selfie: understandable
Having a grin on your face: don't get it
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by julioralph(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hmmm undecided

Anyways, check out Titanic #Version2017...

1 Like

Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by obo389(m): 12:19am On Jul 08, 2017
So it's not only in Africa afterall. shocked
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by 7footre(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2017
How can you even remember where the phone is with all d screams and agony of the moment?.... some people sha
Re: Young Woman Takes A Selfie While Her Sister Was In Labour And Screaming Loudly by timilehing(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Always a moment to remember

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad / A Married Woman With Many Friends May Be Eased Out Of Her Marriage / Polygamous Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.