Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (86045 Views)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:
No one mentioned Honda civic 1999 - 2002. This car can be gotten for about 800k to 1m.

But wait o Mercedes-Benz w202 c180 is great for a newbie. Can be gotten for 800k to about 1m.

Good thing is if you can get a clean Nigerian used for less.
Thanks for this. Na peeps like you we need.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by rockyh(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

The words in bold are wrong Bro.
The reason for the high price is the demand factor. In economics, it's likened to the demand factor.
u are very wrong my dear I drive two cars n from my experience from both cars my carmy 99model will swim past where my Honda discussion continues will go off
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
akagum��
lolx,if I bite u..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by eddyline(m): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
nams77:

I travelled to a remote location to take delivery of some equipmentS. I was low on fuel but decided to push my luck to get to the next gas station. Unfortunately, dirt's from the bottom tank was sucked up and that took out the fuel pump.
Moral of the story: don't drive on empty tanks
thanks for sharing your story. I've been a victim of several fuel pump deaths and am yet to figure out what might be the cause. what I notice is that when my fuel level goes below a certain point just above quarter tank, the car starts jerking. if it happens some two or three times, the fuel pump is gone. to make matters worse, the level at which this incidence occurs is continually on the rise. it was initially below quarter tank, now its above that and gradually increasing heading towards half tank. as a result, my effective tank capacity is being depleted gradually. the several mechanics I've visited are still unable to find a solution to my predicament.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

To work on the car as spare parts or what?
1982? cryI can't take this. No! angry
Phil you too like trouble. I don't need nairaland validation... And certainly not from a random Kazeem. Please quit involving my mentions with such characters. Thanks.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Lol...see you self dey mistake again...meant Jetta jor.

Na you start am na wink
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
rockyh:
u are very wrong my dear I drive two cars n from my experience from both cars my carmy 99model will swim past where my Honda discussion continues will go off

You say I'm very wrong? How do you mean? So the basis of your theory is from comparing only 2 cars (camry 99 and Honda DC)?
That's wrong Bro.
I'd throw this at you now. Where 1999 Mercedes C class would swim past, can your 1999 camry swim past?

Don't forget the basis on which I quoted you was because you said the reasons for the high price in Toyota in Nigeria is because they are very reliable but I tell you it's not cos of reliability but cos of demand factor.
2 yeas back, the w202 c class cost very cheap cos demand for Mercedes was low due to past records on fuel consumption with early models (Shagari, regular, V boot, etc) while camry tiny light/ corolla was most sort for. But I tell you, with the demand of the benz now, you'd see that the price for the c class is on the rise cos of demand.
Na now peeps know saw w202 c class beats pencil light and corolla when it comes to fuel consumption, reliability and ruggedness as well as maintenance.

3 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
SmartChoices:

Phil you too like trouble. I don't need nairaland validation... And certainly not from a random Kazeem. Please quit involving my mentions with such characters. Thanks.

Bro, did you guys have a rough encounter?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

You say I'm very wrong? How do you mean? So the basis of your theory is from comparing only 2 cars (camry 99 and Honda DC)?
That's wrong Bro.
I'd throw this at you now. Where 1999 Mercedes C class would swim past, can your 1999 camry swim past?

Don't forget the basis on which I quoted you was because you said the reasons for the high price in Toyota in Nigeria is because they are very reliable but I tell you it's not cos of reliability but cos of demand factor.
2 yeas back, the w202 c class cost very cheap cos demand for Mercedes was low due to past records on fuel consumption with early models (Shagari, regular, V boot, etc) while camry tiny light/ corolla was most sort for. But I tell you, with the demand of the benz now, you'd see that the price for the c class is on the rise cos of demand.
Na now peeps know saw w202 c class beats pencil light and corolla when it comes to fuel consumption, reliability and ruggedness as well as maintenance.
Spot on bro! That's just the complete fact

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by diportivo: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Don't mind that COW he's looking for attention.

Same cow that wanted me to work on a 1982 starlet

that same cow priced the same avensis when u put it up for

ofcos he cldnt afford it and went back to his 82

grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by rockyh(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

That's wrong Bro.

yes my Camry can swim pass it
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by dljbd1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Same here...Let me try him first or has any1 got from him here?

lolz....so is he legit?

I notice his post has been removed sef from the thread.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hembelembe:
Price:750,000
Engine details; very good condition, no problem whatsoever. Everything is still intact.
lafia nasarawa state ryt.....am in keffi nasarawa state too would appreciate if I can c d vechile and bargain @less 600k no bad oooo

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by unitedsurv: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Blame it on Govt bro...To ship the ride should be around that same amount you get it with(250k) or more...making 500k to 550k, Clearing is around 350k to 400k...Ask agents here...making about 950...No commission yet for whoever aided you in getting n shipping it. Now, if a Dealer is to sell...wont he add his aswell..? See where it all goes...

hmmm witty saying. ......tbh I don taya for this country
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
dljbd1:

lolz....so is he legit?

I notice his post has been removed sef from the thread.
lol...he didnt reply me.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
unitedsurv:

hmmm witty saying. ......tbh I don taya for this country
Don't be tired ooo...we can make it an abode all together.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by unitedsurv: 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Don't be tired ooo...we can make it an abode all together.

dont worry in the next few years vote for me as president for divine transformation wink
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
unitedsurv:

dont worry in the next few years vote for me as president for divine transformation wink
lol
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
rockyh:

Then you're not being completely honest. You seem to be adding sentiments to your points.
Facts is that the w202 c180 c class is a rear wheel. Your camry pencil light is a front wheel. Do you know the mechanics behind these drive train? So how does your camry get that advantage over the c class?
Explain please. This is purely Physics.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by rockyh(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

Then you're not being completely honest. You seem to be adding sentiments to your points.
Facts is that the w202 c180 c class is a rear wheel. Your camry pencil light is a front wheel. Do you know the mechanics behind these drive train? So how does your camry get that advantage over the c class?
Explain please. This is purely Physics.
i have once driven past a flood that covered the bunnet of my car yet it didn't go off the only thing I did was immediately I went out of the flood,i flushed the car off any water through the exhuast
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Hembelembe: 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
oyetunji12:

lafia nasarawa state ryt.....am in keffi nasarawa state too would appreciate if I can c d vechile and bargain @less 600k no bad oooo
yes nasarawa state. The last price is 700k. You will not regret it. The car na baby.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
rockyh:
i have once driven past a flood that covered the bunnet of my car yet it didn't go off the only thing I did was immediately I went out of the flood,i flushed the car off any water through the exhuast

And did the w202 c180 drown in the same water/flood?
I bet you that if the c class passes that same water, it would not need any flushing.

Just in case you don't know, the battery of that c class is not on the bonnet as you may have thought.
So I ask you again, would the w202 c180 c class drown/ get stuck or go off in a pool of water that a Toyota camry pencil light would swim through?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

And did the w202 c180 drown in the same water/flood?
I bet you that if the c class passes that same water, it would not need any flushing.

Just in case you don't know, the battery of that c class is not on the bonnet as you may have thought.
So I ask you again, would the w202 c180 c class drown/ get stuck or go off in a pool of water that a Toyota camry pencil light would swim through?

Save your strength bro, Nigerians will keep hyping cos they hear others hype and also join the bandwagon too

The only winners here are the dealers, 'you say it's now the Camry that's the best above all cars now Abi, Oya go and Rob that bank and come and buy it, no more cheap camrys'

Years back it was the Peugeot 504, at a point it was passat, also remember when it was the Benz 200 or 230. Even at that point the hype was on manual cars, "automatic transmission is evil and terrible, when you have a low battery, you can't push". Every kazeem was hyping manual cars the way they hype Toyota now

Someone who has never used a car will be quick to rush and condemn it, claiming his Camry is better than it. A car he's probably never held the keys to, not to talk of doing a 10km drive in it, yet they're so sure their Camry is superior and is the best thing after sliced bread, it is well

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
valarinz:

Save your strength bro, Nigerians will keep hyping cos they hear others hype and also join the bandwagon too

The only winners here are the dealers, 'you say it's now the Camry that's the best above all cars now Abi, Oya go and Rob that bank and come and buy it, no more cheap camrys'

Years back it was the Peugeot 504, at a point it was passat, also remember when it was the Benz 200 or 230. Even at that point the hype was on manual cars, "automatic transmission is evil and terrible, when you have a low battery, you can't push". Every kazeem was hyping manual cars the way they hype Toyota now

Someone who has never used a car will be quick to rush and condemn it, claiming his Camry is better than it. A car he's probably never held the keys to, not to talk of doing a 10km drive in it, yet they're so sure their Camry is superior and is the best thing after sliced bread, it is well

Verity

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 8:02am On Jul 12, 2017
What's our take Toyota Rav 4...Those 1998/99 models...the car is good for Nigeria roads.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by synergybj: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2017
My brother, God bless you. You said it all.

quote author=valarinz post=58362011]

Someone who has never used a car will be quick to rush and condemn it, claiming his Camry is better than it. A car he's probably never held the keys to, not to talk of doing a 10km drive in it, yet they're so sure their Camry is superior and is the best thing after sliced bread, it is well[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
please do the le trims of the Camry come with 2.4l engine and rear ac vents?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
rockyh:

We're waiting for your candid opinion and response to my last post on this thread.
Come and defend your Toyota camry with facts.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
rockyh:

We're waiting for your candid opinion and response to my last post on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
Damolux01:
What's our take Toyota Rav 4...Those 1998/99 models...the car is good for Nigeria roads.
Yes. And 1995-2004 Nissan pathfinder... Nissan xterra... Highlander.... Pajero...

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

Why would you be arguing with a camry enthusiast? Anyone who compares a Camry with a c klasse deserves to be ignored.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.