Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (86037 Views)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 5:50am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
its both govt and dealers,some dealers buy salvage/flooded cars,refurbish them and sell them as toks on a high price,isn't that rip off?
That one weakens me most. The day i saw them at Berger Auto mkt. I couldn't believe...from changing of Engines to body filling and spraying...I couldn't negotiate further. Had to leave immediately.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 6:06am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
That one weakens me most. The day i saw them at Berger Auto mkt. I couldn't believe...from changing of Engines to body filling and spraying...I couldn't negotiate further. Had to leave immediately.
That is the average Nigerian business man for you,they want to rip you off with a substandard item without even an ounce of pity on the challenges you will face in the nearest future. They only care about making huge profit on fake items thinking they are very smart,just only a few honest people left. this is one of the many reasons this country is stagnant.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 11, 2017
tahoe:

you will not die poor, your tomorrow will be better .

if you have faith say Amen
Amen
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by moscobabs(m): 6:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Nissan Quest!!! Nah...hell no, had a terrible experience with it. Those i know using always complain about it, you see it in mechanic shops always packed. I guess you people are OYO...Nissan Quest na ride? lol
U r right but it doesn't have mechanical issue but Rewiring issue maybe cos it wasn't made for Africa. My 2000 model comes with single radiator and a big fan( I have changes the fan 3 times now) all Nissan parts are expensive and they are all V6 this contributed to its high cost maintenance but its still a cool car
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Mbediogu(m): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2017
nams77:

Regret how? Can you be more detailed in your explanation and also kindly quote model and year of mske

Ok. Try V boot300. Try also ML320. They will go when new. Compare maintenance of old Mercedes with old Lexus or Toyota. However it all depends on choice and commitment.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2017
These cars shouldn't be entering our borders.
They are mostly too old with little life left in them if at all.
They serve to congest our roads and driven recklessly to ruin good and far better cars.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Oladipo1166(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2017
someone shout tokubo.....

autojosh pls do your work.... pictures
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
That is the average Nigerian business man for you,they want to rip you off with a substandard item without even an ounce of pity on the challenges you will face in the nearest future. They only care about making huge profit on fake items thinking they are very smart,just only a few honest people left. this is one of the many reasons this country is stagnant.
You're bro. i had to turn back from there and decided i wasnt gonna import the bus irrespective of duty charge...At least, i'll be sure of what i will buy online and also have someone inspect it for me over there. It's really crazy! and come to think that the difference isnt even much at all when bought and shipped yourself considering that theirs is either accidented, flooded or rolled back aged car with lots of issues aidy. Now, when they bring in the good ones...wahala prices again, imagine a dealer at Festac that wants to sell a clean Manual Golf 4 for 1.550m...lol. May God help us in this country.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2017
Sincere4u:
These cars shouldn't be entering our borders.
They are mostly too old with little life left in them if at all.
They serve to congest our roads and driven recklessly to ruin good and far better cars.
Boss...it's because you have the money for 2m naira cars above, fingers aren't equal.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2017
moscobabs:

U r right but it doesn't have mechanical issue but Rewiring issue maybe cos it wasn't made for Africa. My 2000 model comes with single radiator and a big fan( I have changes the fan 3 times now) all Nissan parts are expensive and they are all V6 this contributed to its high cost maintenance but its still a cool car

That's the problem...we really have little or no good rewires in Nigeria...hence causing more problems for car owners. I can't wish that Quest on my enemy, it can take his/her life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Timbuktu14(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2017
partnerbiz4:

Which model was in that pic pls?
'02
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by obataokenwa(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
I never stated in my post that I was going to buy 1999 Camry,I said I will wait for dollar to fall b4 getting a car. what I am looking at is a 2008 muscle and d price now is about 2.8 to 3.2 if not more,as at 2014 to early 2015,that amount could get me a clean 9ja used venza. bro buying a car that suit my taste for my targeted price at my suppose right time ain't stagnation, different strokes for different folks,I got a pregnant wife to care for and other financial responsibilities I haven't faced b4 as its our first baby and same time,expanding my business. i just calculated how I think things will work out fine for me in this hard economy of ours. #peace
You have stated it rightly now cos that statement of waiting for dollar to fall didn't sound right bro. improving your business and taking care of your family is good and preferable. it's even far better if you use the money to buy land in the east or PH cos it will appreciate very fast and you will forever be happy at the long run.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by jaychubi: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

Shut up!
Which car have you ever bought in your life

Lol the next car I am gonna buy will be my 4th, nt everyone is a dirty trekker like u. Go n work hard than lazying arnd may be u can own a motor cycle in the next 15 yrs. Anuofia
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2017
eddyline:

how was the bad fuel pump a fault of yours?
I travelled to a remote location to take delivery of some equipmentS. I was low on fuel but decided to push my luck to get to the next gas station. Unfortunately, dirt's from the bottom tank was sucked up and that took out the fuel pump.
Moral of the story: don't drive on empty tanks

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
You're bro. i had to turn back from there and decided i wasnt gonna import the bus irrespective of duty charge...At least, i'll be sure of what i will buy online and also have someone inspect it for me over there. It's really crazy! and come to think that the difference isnt even much at all when bought and shipped yourself considering that theirs is either accidented, flooded or rolled back aged car with lots of issues aidy. Now, when they bring in the good ones...wahala prices again, imagine a dealer at Festac that wants to sell a clean Manual Golf 4 for 1.550m...lol. May God help us in this country.
its only God that can help us from our fellow men,even with your complete hard earned money,you can't get a good car without checking the Vin,even at that you will still have to chose from either a roll back mileage or another minor fault that has been repaired. imagine a dealer here wants to sell golf 2 for 750k. bro I weak for the matter and a 2000 corolla for 1.550k.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2017
obataokenwa:
You have stated it rightly now cos that statement of waiting for dollar to fall didn't sound right bro. improving your business and taking care of your family is good and preferable. it's even far better if you use the money to buy land in the east or PH cos it will appreciate very fast and you will forever be happy at the long run.
yeah bro,you are very very right.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by jaychubi: 9:55am On Jul 11, 2017
xandy84:
Mercedes Benz is more expensive than Toyota anywhere in the world and if you can't afford Toyota, then you have no business pricing Mercedes. Honda and Toyota are on the same price arrange cos of their durability

Not when it is toks of older models like 190, v boot
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
its only God that can help us from our fellow men,even with your complete hard earned money,you can't get a good car without checking the Vin,even at that you will still have to chose from either a roll back mileage or another minor fault that has been repaired. imagine a dealer here wants to sell golf 2 for 750k. bro I weak for the matter and a 2000 corolla for 1.550k.
lol...they are all taking advantage of the present economic situation and duty charges...Early last year...no reasonable being with moderate pay would think of going for a Golf 2 car even if it's too cheap, one could also get that Corolla for 850k to 900k. We will triumph at last.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
lol...they are all taking advantage of the present economic situation and duty charges...Early last year...no reasonable being with moderate pay would think of going for a Golf 2 car even if it's too cheap, one could also get that Corolla for 850k to 900k. We will triumph at last.
yes o bro,we just have to keep praying for the economy to be better,if not person no fit predict wetin won happen next.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
buhari or indiamie,I can't buy a 18yrs old car for 800k not to talk of 1m sef,even if it will take 3yrs for dollar to fall I will wait,my fore fathers didn't die of using legedis Benz wen most of dem trekked to mecca and Lagos not to talk of now wen we have public transport. to earn 10naira in 9ja isn't easy o.call me akagum if u like.
akagum��
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

S60 is an economical vehicle fuel wise.... The parts and maintenance I'll leave valarinz to that.

There's nothing like a v4 car engine... It's called I4.
Now on Mercedes and Volvo's... Some people don't like to travel ordinarily... But luxuriously.... Get a tokks 190 and keep praying for me. Fuel economy is not the only consideration in buying vehicles....

Some just buy class!!!

Not everyone can risk his life on the southeastern roads in a old avensis wagon like a major Kazeem here.

For me I can't enter a Honda car for a Trip.... My younger brother diportivo is love vending his xterra and will probably laugh at exchanging it for a VW golf

Gazzuzz. They are looking for your trouble oooo
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
yes o bro,we just have to keep praying for the economy to be better,if not person no fit predict wetin won happen next.
That's why i felt if your waiting is because of that...it's really not advisable...but reason is very good. We will keep praying it gets better. The whole thing isn't helping anyone.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

Gazzuzz. They are looking for your trouble oooo

Don't mind that COW he's looking for attention.

Same cow that wanted me to work on a 1982 starlet

4 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2017
mikekobe01:

but you can buy Lexus rx 300 1999 for 2.2m .. doesn't make sense

Thank you for finishing that guy.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2017
rockyh:
the reason why Toyota brands are more expensive than its counterparts is it durability and it's good for Nigerian road cosof it's water resistant level

The words in bold are wrong Bro.
The reason for the high price is the demand factor. In economics, it's likened to the demand factor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2017
No one mentioned Honda civic 1999 - 2002. This car can be gotten for about 800k to 1m.

But wait o Mercedes-Benz w202 c180 is great for a newbie. Can be gotten for 800k to about 1m.

Good thing is if you can get a clean Nigerian used for less.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Very great ride...Vento and Vetta are good.

Which one come be Vetta again? undecided
Abi you mean Jento? tongue
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Don't mind that COW he's looking for attention.

Same cow that wanted me to work on a 1982 starlet

To work on the car as spare parts or what?
1982? cryI can't take this. No! angry
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Hembelembe: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2017
oyetunji12:

hw much, pics, location, engine details
Price:750,000
Engine details; very good condition

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Hembelembe: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2017
oyetunji12:

hw much, pics, location, engine details
Price:750,000
Engine details; very good condition, no problem whatsoever. Everything is still intact.

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Hembelembe: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Price and more pictures and full description of the condition
price 750,000
Full description: very good condition, everything Is still intact.

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Philadelphia:

Which one come be Vetta again? undecided
Abi you mean Jento? tongue
Lol...see you self dey mistake again...meant Jetta jor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.