Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! (6905 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) / ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
Many of us think dope is used to describe something good or beautiful, but unfortunately dope means different thing entirely.
Check out the meaning of dope according to the dictionary!

Noun: dope
(pl. dopes
|dowp|
A street name for marijuana
= Mary Jane, gage, grass, green goddess, locoweed, pot, sens, sess, skunk, smoke, weed
An ignorant or foolish person
= boob, booby, dumbbell, dummy, pinhead
[American] Carbonated drink flavored with extract from kola nuts ('dope' is a southernism in the United States)
= cola
Slang term for inside information • is that the straight dope?
= low-down, poop, the skinny
Verb: dope
(dopes, doped, doping)
|dowp|
Take drugs to improve one's athletic performance
(electronics) add impurities to (a semiconductor) in order to produce or modify its properties • The resistors have been doped
(medicine) give a narcotic to • The athletes were doped by the coach before the race
= dope up
Derived
Noun: dopant, doper
Adjective: dopey, dopy
See also
dope off, dope up.

I thought i was dope before but now i ain't dope again!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by Olibboy: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
I'm a dope n*qqah

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by MrPdtech: 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bia Op, idigodi dope like coke.. tongue wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by ExpensiveG: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
Op you no well.....

e get plenty meaning oooo. But dey meaning wey I like na

**DOPE ~ a STUPID person grin

Na wo for English, you go tell person dis word na gbese for your head oo

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by StarBukola(f): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thank you,op.
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by oldfoolnigger(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
that's why I said that English is a confused language just like,

my

monicker

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
ExpensiveG:
Op you no well.....

e get plenty meaning oooo. But dey meaning wey I like na

**DOPE ~ a STUPID person grin

Na wo for English, you go tell person dis word na gbese for your head oo

Bros wish one come be i no well for this one na?
You want make i fall on you?

3 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by johnbuck81(m): 12:07am On Jul 08, 2017
forget that oyibo dictionary meaning...in the streets na person wey tight, Sabi,good at what he/she does...the street sef na were u dey learn something wey dem no fit teach u for school.

7 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by iwattpro(m): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2017
Olibboy:
I'm a dope n*qqah
you dope die....

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by MirJay: 3:54am On Jul 08, 2017
undecided.. Obansanjo and Nnamdi kanu are dope

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by Olibboy: 5:28am On Jul 08, 2017
iwattpro:
you dope die....
stay there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by davbravo(m): 6:28am On Jul 08, 2017
My dictionary says otherwise:

-(uncountable) Any viscous liquid or paste, such as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface

-(uncountable) An absorbent material used to hold a liquid.

-uncountable aeronautics Any varnish used to coat a part, such as anairplane wing or a hot-air balloon in order to waterproof, strengthen, etc.

-uncountable slang Any narcotic or similar drug which produceseuphoria or satisfies an addiction; particularly heroin, although amphetamine, methamphetamine,

-uncountable slang Any illicit & opioid drug.uncountable slang Information.

-countable slang A stupid person.verb (dopes, doping; past doped, past participle doped)

-transitive slang To affect with drugs.(transitive) To treat with dope (lubricant, etc.).

-transitive electronics To add a dopant such as arsenic to (a puresemiconductor such as silicon).

-(slang) To use drugs.adjective (comparative doper, superlative dopest)
(slang) Great, amazing or extraordinary.

It has many meanings...so based on the bold text above , it can be used to describe a person... Go and update your dictionary....

4 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2017
davbravo:
My dictionary says otherwise:

-(uncountable) Any viscous liquid or paste, such as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface

-(uncountable) An absorbent material used to hold a liquid.

-uncountable aeronautics Any varnish used to coat a part, such as anairplane wing or a hot-air balloon in order to waterproof, strengthen, etc.

-uncountable slang Any narcotic or similar drug which produceseuphoria or satisfies an addiction; particularly heroin, although amphetamine, methamphetamine,

-uncountable slang Any illicit & opioid drug.uncountable slang Information.

-countable slang A stupid person.verb (dopes, doping; past doped, past participle doped)

-transitive slang To affect with drugs.(transitive) To treat with dope (lubricant, etc.).

-transitive electronics To add a dopant such as arsenic to (a puresemiconductor such as silicon).

-(slang) To use drugs.adjective (comparative doper, superlative dopest)
(slang) Great, amazing or extraordinary.

It has many meanings...so based on the bold text above , it can be used to describe a person... Go and upda[s][/s]te your dictionary....

My dictionary is up to date! !

shocked shocked
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2017
johnbuck81:
forget that oyibo dictionary meaning...in the streets name person wey tight, Sabi,good at what he/she does...the street sef na were u dey learn something wey dem no fit teach u for school.

Bros pele o!

Street get dictionary?

3 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by refiner(f): 7:01am On Jul 08, 2017
Ayam dope jare...it is not ur dope! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2017
refiner:
Ayam dope jare...it is not ur dope! tongue

You dope gan!

Wehdon ma

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by pauladonis(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2017
Checkout this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmc7rsnnnGQ
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 08, 2017
toffy333:
Many of us think dope is used to describe something good or beautiful, but unfortunately dope means different thing entirely.

(pl. dopes
|dowp|
= Mary Jane, gage, grass, green goddess, locoweed, pot, sens, sess, skunk, smoke, weed
[American] Carbonated drink flavored with extract from kola nuts ('dope' is a southernism in the United States)
= cola
(dopes, doped, doping)
|dowp|
(electronics) add impurities to (a semiconductor) in order to produce or modify its properties • The resistors have been doped
(medicine) give a narcotic to • The athletes were doped by the coach before the race
= dope up
Derived
See also
dope off, dope up.

as long as your message is passed and understood by the second person, you have communicated. So as long as some1 am talking to understands dope as cool, we just communicated.
That English for u bro

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by johnbuck81(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2017
toffy333:

Bros pele o!

Street get dictionary?
street get slangs. mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by charlesluthor(m): 8:09am On Jul 08, 2017
johnbuck81:
forget that oyibo dictionary meaning...in the streets na person wey tight, Sabi,good at what he/she does...the street sef na were u dey learn something wey dem no fit teach u for school.
Which street be that? U nor go learn nw, dey there dey argue.

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by johnbuck81(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2017
charlesluthor:

Which street be that? U nor go learn nw, dey there dey argue.
even d best rappers use the word "dope" in their lines... pls go home to mummy... mummy's boy.

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by oliidell(m): 8:37am On Jul 08, 2017
toffy333:

(pl. dopes
|dowp|

= cola
(dopes, doped, doping)
|dowp|
= dope up
Derived
See also
dope off, dope up.

Many English words function independently as different parts of speech with varying meanings.

Please check the adjectival usage of 'dope' and also read up 'slang words'.
#a little learning is dangerous

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by ExpensiveG: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2017
toffy333:

Bros wish one come be i no well for this one na? You want make i fall on you?
gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by charlesluthor(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2017
johnbuck81:
even d best rappers use the word "dope" in their lines... pls go home to mummy... mummy's boy.
Sense fall on U.. Daft Ram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by iwattpro(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2017
Olibboy:
stay there

shocked

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2017
johnbuck81:

What is this one saying?

I'm not sure you suck mumy breast for up to 3 months that's why your thinking is so low!

Go an suck more breast from mumy
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2017
charlesluthor:

Sense fall on U.. Daft Ram

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by Me77: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2017
Op, you're so dope to post this.
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by toffy333(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2017
Me77:
Op, you're so dope to post this.

Ah ah 'Wish level be that na?

Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by adexdon(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2017
d poster above me is dope
Re: See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself! by adexdon(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2017
d poster above me is dope

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy and Install Trendy Wallpaper Designs for Home Or Office / Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Nomination Interview in Abuja. My Experience / Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.