Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting (6472 Views)

Nissan Primera P11- 144 Wagon / How Possible Is To Convert Nissan Primera P11 Manual To Automatic / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
honmusa:

why suspecting distribution again when u have earlier stated that you have a spark.
For the compression test ,where are you located??
Well there is a spark oo my brother.

Regarding the compression test, I'm based in Ilaro Ogun State.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by honmusa(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
pragmatistm:
Well there is a spark oo my brother.

Regarding the compression test, I'm based in Ilaro Ogun State.
so if have a spark that confirm your ignition is Ok and if ignition is Ok ,camshaft/crankshaft sensor is fine too .So what you need to confirm is If the ignition spark is coming at the right time which is timing .Also confirm compression !!
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
OP you have actually remained silent on error codes; have you scanned the car? I know the car has experienced some (transgender) surgery lately, has the data link connector (DLC) remained intact? Is the car tiny red security light on the left-hand side of the dash board which blinks constantly staying on or not when the car ignition is in the ON position? Try and disconnect the MAF harness connector to see whether the car would start or not.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 5:03am On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:
OP you have actually remained silent on error codes; have you scanned the car? I know the car has experienced some (transgender) surgery lately, has the data link connector (DLC) remained intact? Is the car tiny red security light on the left-hand side of the dash board which blinks constantly staying on or not when the car ignition is in the ON position? Try and disconnect the MAF harness connector to see whether the car would start or not.
OK sir. The DLC connector is intact. I will scan it and revert.

Will also check the blinking light as well.

Only thing is that the transgender issue will throw up many unnecessary codes. That's why I am not really inclined to scan it.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 10, 2017
pragmatistm:
OK sir. The DLC connector is intact. I will scan it and revert.

Will also check the blinking light as well.

Only thing is that the transgender issue will throw up many unnecessary codes. That's why I am not really inclined to scan it.
Meaning the car is incapable of throwing necessary codes?
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by CarReg(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2017
Need change of ownership

We @CarReg (a registered company) will deliver the following on change of ownership and NO POLICE or VIO will disturb you anywhere in Nigeria
****Allocation of new number plate
****New Vehicle Plate Number
****Proof of ownership certificate
****Court affidavit and Police report
****Treasury receipt
****Police CMR
****Vehicle license
****Road worthiness certificate
****3rd party Insurance

Kindly check here for more details about the change of ownership...
https://carreg.com.ng/product-info.php?pid175.html
or call 09090144706

We also do:
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Thanks

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

Meaning the car is incapable of throwing necessary codes?
Sir, I have checked the security light with key on "ON". But the light remained off.

I also scanned the car and came up with the following codes:

1. 1777
2. 0729
3. 0745
4. 0740
5. 0744

Is there any relevance of these codes with the issue at hand sir?
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Double post.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

Fine query. Saw that too. But I discern some diffidence in the OP that makes me take his evidence with a pinch of salt.
The mechanic and the auto electrician at different times have checked for the spark in my presence and it was there sir.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
pragmatistm:
Sir, I have checked the security light with key on "ON". But the light remained off.

I also scanned the car and came up with the following codes:

1. 1777
2. 0729
3. 0745
4. 0740
5. 0744

Is there any relevance of these codes with the issue at hand sir?
All are transmission codes--aberrant outcomes of the unholy alliance from the surgery. Does the security light blink with the key off? Have you tried disconnecting the MAF and starting the engine? If yes for the first, and the engine does not start after the second, then move to the compression test.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

All are transmission codes--aberrant outcomes of the unholy alliance from the surgery. Does the security light blink with the key off? Have you tried disconnecting the MAF and starting the engine? If yes for the first, and the engine does not start after the second, then move to the compression test.
Yes for the first and no for the second question sir. But how is compression test performed and who does it sir?
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
pragmatistm:
Yes for the first and no for the second question sir. But how is compression test performed and who does it sir?
You'd have to ask your auto electricians there. I've already posted the specs required. honmusa does it, but he's in Lagos.

PS. Ask your guys to check all fuses and relays once again. I say this because if the NATS fuse, for example, goes bad the car will just as well refuse to start, no codes will be registered, the only indication will be the non-blinking of the security light when engine is off. So be sure to check all fuses and relays thoroughly.

At this point I guess I can only wish you good luck.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

You'd have to ask your auto electricians there. I've already posted the specs required. honmusa does it, but he's in Lagos.

PS. Ask your guys to check all fuses and relays once again. I say this because if the NATS fuse, for example, goes bad the car will just as well refuse to start, no codes will be registered, the only indication will be the non-blinking of the security light when engine is off. So be sure to check all fuses and relays thoroughly.

At this point I guess I can only wish you good luck.
OK sir. I appreciate all your efforts. We are on it now. The mechanic just said I should get new plugs (pic attached) and we are about to go back there to put the new plugs.

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:33am On Jul 12, 2017
why waste money on new plugs when there is a spark?
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by honmusa(m): 6:36am On Jul 12, 2017
his kazeem has definitely ran out of idea and now want to be throwing parts !!!after the plugs ,he will ask next for change of ECU !! and if that one doesn't work ,he won't pick your call again !!!

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On Jul 12, 2017
honmusa:
his kazeem has definitely ran out of idea and now want to be throwing parts !!!after the plugs ,he will ask next for change of ECU !! and if that one doesn't work ,he won't pick your call again !!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 12, 2017
honmusa:

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2017
honmusa:
Hahaha grin grin You too know their methods. The plug change didn't work actually.

But what area do yo suggest to check sir? Do you buy the idea of checking the timing belt sir?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by ugreat(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2017
pragmatistm:
Hahaha grin grin You too know their methods. The plug change didn't work actually.

But what area do yo suggest to check sir? Do you buy the idea of checking the timing belt sir?
That's the first suggestion Gazzuzz gave you. We call it 'timing belt', have it checked.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
pragmatistm:

You really can be exasperating. You continue to be enamored of the romantic tales from your guys there. Timing belt! Where did you get that from? Your response to honmusa should be on arrangements toward conducting a compression pressure test.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Costee:

You really can be exasperating. You continue to be enamored of the romantic tales from your guys there. Timing belt! Where did you get that from? Your response to honmusa should be on arrangements toward conducting a compression pressure test.
Ok, sir. He was able to start the car about an hour ago but I wasn't there with him so I dont know how he did it. He called me that he had taken the car to his workshop. When I leave work I will be heading to his workshop.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Exponental(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2017
pragmatistm:
Ok, sir. He was able to start the car about an hour ago but I wasn't there with him so I dont know how he did it. He called me that he had taken the car to his workshop. When I leave work I will be heading to his workshop.
What was the corrective measure he took?
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Exponental:

OP seems to have a knack of not concluding his threads.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Costee:

like you noticed.

Maybe in dec he will open another thread grin
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by mayor2013: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Them Neva finish work for this motor? undecided
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Exponental:

Apart from buying the new plugs, I don't know what he did. I wasnt with him when he did it and I actually asked him but he refused to say it. Maybe it's a small thing and because he collected N1500 he doesn't want to reveal it.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
Costee:

Oga costee no be so oo. I just don't have more info than the guy was able to start the car. He didn't reveal what he fixed so there's nothing I can update you with. That's why.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
pragmatistm:
Oga costee no be so oo. I just don't have more info than the guy was able to start the car. He didn't reveal what he fixed so there's nothing I can update you with. That's why.
Even this feedback is an update, sufficient enough to temporarily close the thread. No news is news.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

* spark
* fuel supply
* compression
* air supply
* all in the right order (timing)

What is missing?

pragmatistm:
Apart from buying the new plugs, I don't know what he did. I wasnt with him when he did it and I actually asked him but he refused to say it. Maybe it's a small thing and because he collected N1500 he doesn't want to reveal it.

with that labour charge, nothing was seriously wrong with ur vehicle, worst case scenario fuse or disconnected wire somewhere.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by pragmatistm(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

with that labour charge, nothing was seriously wrong with ur vehicle, worst case scenario fuse or disconnected wire somewhere.

Ooh, you may be right. It just dawned on me. I remember I checked all the fuses myself a day before he came and found one that the auto electrician had twisted wire around (starting signal fuse) and replaced that with a spare fuse. But then I didn't have the tools to put the new plugs into the engine as the mechanic had previously removed them. So I couldn't test the car after the fuse swap. The car was at this state when the mechanic went there and put the plugs and called me that he had done it.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Greater worse if he had been less "honest" to charge more.
Re: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting by anjdrelly: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pls I have similar problem with my Nissan Primers can.
The can refuse to start is just sounding tututu after kicking it.
Pls help from those that have faced similar challenges before. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord / Innoson Massive Production Of IVM-IKENGA-2019 At Anambra Base- PICTURES / 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.