Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. (31690 Views)

TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Nokia 7.2 Unboxing And Full Review. Default Camera Vs GCAM V7 + Price (photos) / Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by InvertedHammer: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2017
MissTechy:
So, I got my review unit of Apple's new iPad Pro — the iPad Pro 10.5-inch which was launched in June. Do check out my unboxing and first impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2gfw5nFhIA&t=249s

I look forward to your thoughts on this one.
/

I hope you didn't spend N450k on an iPad

/
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by omofela85(m): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2017
TheSureBabe:

Omg your comment has killed me this morning ..JESUS grin grin
abeg no die. We enter reccession together make we comot together
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by omofela85(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2017
TheSureBabe:

Omg your comment has killed me this morning ..JESUS grin grin
abeg no die. We enter reccession together make we comot together.
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2017
Gofwane:
Please where can get one to buy or order in Nigeria
i do sell, check my profile
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by MadCow1: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2017
This tablet is best for professionals not rookies who just want to browse.

I am not a fan of Apple anyways apart from their iPods.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2017
martineverest:
I'd rather get microsoft surface pro.... IPad is a glorified phone
your statement just proved you havent used an ipad pro yet. yes! i'm a vendor, but you can check what you can achieve with it on google
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2017
ExInferis:

Hey listen

This review is half-assed.

No mention at all about the ipad's killer feature: True Tone display?

Also you shouldn't review an iPad Pro without the Apple Pencil (yeah, not Apple Pen, as you call it)

Instead you're gushing about speakers.

The ipad Pro (Pro!) is aimed at creative types, not just mass market consumers.

So the true tone display and apple pencil are the killer features. Especially the tilt shading feature of the pencil.

But you reviewed (ahem) this product like it's the average ipad.

Also damn.....you like trackpads? That's your number one reason for preferring a normal pc vs ipad?

Horsepower don't matter to you? Only trackpads?

Sorry, but a trackpad will conflict with the interface philosophy of ios.

I mean, the whole essence of tablet computing is touch interface and a stylus-type input device. The sole reason ios devices exist is for touch HID.

Microsoft surface is successful cos of the Microsoft pen and the touch interface, else it'd not sell better than the ultrabooks out there. The keyboard is an optional accessory and that's why it's not natively bundled.

You're not really techy, miss.

You obviously do not understand the meaning of UNBOXING. undecided

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2017
curiositymaster:
your statement just proved you havent used an ipad pro yet. yes! i'm a vendor, but you can check what you can achieve with it on google
I don't need to..... Google search results are filled with Apple apologists and nut huggers..... IPad pro is a larger iPhone.... There's nothing pro(fessional) in it
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2017
MadCow1:
This tablet is best for professionals not rookies who just want to browse.

I am not a fan of Apple anyways apart from their iPods.

u are totally wrong bro
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by enimooko: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2017
LaideOyebade:
Misstechy i am impressed. Really this is nice unboxing
I respect her work
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by MadCow1: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2017
martineverest:
u are totally wrong bro

What would you do with a 10 inch tablet as a regular user?
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by deribigbe(m): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2017
For now I can't buy such devices! Better plans ahead "apple"

Garri, pepper, rice it's better than APPLE
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You obviously do not understand the meaning of UNBOXING. undecided

No, you don't.

If it was just unboxing, she wouldn't mention refresh rates, resolutions, camera specs and whatnot. Is true tone any harder to talk about that screen refresh rates?

This is a review disguised as an unboxing.
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2017
MadCow1:

What would you do with a 10 inch tablet as a regular user?
about 90 %of ipad pro users are consumers not professionals
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by MadCow1: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2017
martineverest:
about 90 %of ipad pro users are consumers not professionals

Then it must be just an assesory but then again it would be cumbersome logging around a 10inch tablet.
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2017
martineverest:
totally wrong comment.. IPad pro is never and can never be a pro product......... Hardwarewise, iPad pro can never be a pro product without x86 processor,track pad, mouse etc..... Don't forget how cook laughed at Microsoft surface with ''gorilla arm' mockery. Y is Apple now practicing gorrilla arm philosophy. Criticizing the OP for mentioning lack of trackpad is the most appalling part of ur comment.... How do u expect professionals sitting on the chairs to use tablet positioned on desk to keep stretch their hands for 8hrs.

Softwarewise, Apple iPad pro can never be a professional device without full operating system. This is where surface pro have an upper hand...... Can iPad run professional softwares like CAD, photoshop, Ms office, Swift, visual studio etc?

Surface pro isn't successful because of its pen or interface but cos of its form factor, versatility and hardware.. Imagine a desktop hardware reduced to the a 12 inch tablet and and its as light as an ipadUr research on surface pro success shows u don't know much about gadgets

IPad pro True tone isn't its killer feature but it's screen refresh rate of 120hz and ios11

Make research B4 spewing trash. U are just one of apple's numerous nut huggers

Misstechy, ur review might not be the best like that of MKBHD or Theverge, but Thumbs up for u

You obviously have no idea what pro means if you think productivity is strictly tied to x86. Remember all those old Apple computers used by virtually every professional including Pixar and Disney?

Guess what? They were PowerPC based, not x86.

The Apple A10 Fusion and A11, fabbed in the 10nm, are more powerful than the 4th grn Intel chips, and are fast approaching the single and multi thread power of current desktop class CPUs.

CPU makers are now concerned less with pure power, and more with thermals. And when it comes to thermals, nothing beats ARM-type CPUs. Hope you know a version of Windows 10 will soon run on ARM CPUs and will run full desktop apps on a hypervisor.

Let that sink in for a minute: ARM chips will emulate x86 chips!!

So rid yourself of the misconception that modern ARM architectures cannot run poweful desktop class apps. They already do.

As for professionals using trackpads....well, Surface Studio, Wacoms, Surface Pro, and iPad Pro are designed for visual creativity and content, not coders. Designers, artists, photo editors etc use a direct touch interface such as a pressure sensitive pen and the Surface Dial to manipulate pixels. Ever seen a graphics artist using a trackpad to draw on his digital canvas?

And i honestly have no idea what you mean that Surface can never be a Pro device without a full OS. You think iOS, which shares the same kernel and frameworks layer with OS X, is not a full OS? Just because Apple uses it on a mobile device?

Photoshop Fix / Mix and Adobe Lightroom run on the iPad.

And visual studio is for an entirely different market segment.

There's Swift Playgrounds available for the Ipad.

So to recap:

Pro means a device or app for professional or productivity users. It's not tied to a single CPU architecture only. The iPad Pro is a powerful tablet designed for visual artists, not visual studio programmers.

Try to keep up before making long-winded comments founded on shaky knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2017
MissTechy:

Normally, I shouldn't respond to this, but...

First off - THIS IS AN UNBOXING & FIRST IMPRESSION!

Second, if you listened closely you'd realize that I did mention the true tone display.

I — Oluwatobi Dorcas Ayeni, A digital strategist not a creative — would not replace my Macbook 2016 (Which is also a powerhorse) for the iPad 10.5 because I LOVE MY TRACKPAD,so come and beat me.
Lastly, the Samsung Galaxy S3 tab, which is an iPad Pro 10.5 inch competitor ships with the "Stylus" or "Pen" — Yes, I love calling it Pen instead of Pencil — So what is Apple's excuse for not adding something similar?

Your last comment? Well, that is your opinion!

No one asked you to replace your Macbook, so stop making it seem as if Apple is marketing their product that way. They still make the damn Macbooks to satisfy the mass market.

And as for you not normally replying to comments that point out the flaws of your "impressions", well that makes you a terrible "reviewer" who's close-minded to criticisms, valid or not, to make you improve. For now you'll remain a shallow tech reviewer with the followership of a gang of know-no-better pitchfork-wielding salad tossers who feel compelled to rise against criticisms of your ludicrously poor content.

You don't impress me.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2017
ikp120:
Who told you that she didn't mention the True Tone?

I watched the video and she mentioned that feature.

A cursory mention of a flagship feature while she spends ages gushing about speakers in a product that's marketed more for visual artists than audiophiles?

Yeah right.
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2017
ExInferis:

You obviously have no idea what pro means if you think productivity is strictly tied to x86. Remember all those old Apple computers used by virtually every professional including Pixar and Disney?

Guess what? They were PowerPC based, not x86.

The Apple A10 Fusion and A11, fabbed in the 10nm, are more powerful than the 4th grn Intel chips, and are fast approaching the single and multi thread power of current desktop class CPUs.

CPU makers are now concerned less with pure power, and more with thermals. And when it comes to thermals, nothing beats ARM-type CPUs. Hope you know a version of Windows 10 will soon run on ARM CPUs and will run full desktop apps on a hypervisor.

Let that sink in for a minute: ARM chips will emulate x86 chips!!

So rid yourself of the misconception that modern ARM architectures cannot run poweful desktop class apps. They already do.

As for professionals using trackpads....well, Surface Studio, Wacoms, Surface Pro, and iPad Pro are designed for visual creativity and content, not coders. Designers, artists, photo editors etc use a direct touch interface such as a pressure sensitive pen and the Surface Dial to manipulate pixels. Ever seen a graphics artist using a trackpad to draw on his digital canvas?

And i honestly have no idea what you mean that Surface can never be a Pro device without a full OS. You think iOS, which shares the same kernel and frameworks layer with OS X, is not a full OS? Just because Apple uses it on a mobile device?

Photoshop Fix / Mix and Adobe Lightroom run on the iPad.

And visual studio is for an entirely different market segment.

There's Swift Playgrounds available for the Ipad.

So to recap:

Pro means a device or app for professional or productivity users. It's not tied to a single CPU architecture only. The iPad Pro is a powerful tablet designed for visual artists, not visual studio programmers.

Try to keep up before making long-winded comments founded on shaky knowledge.
if they power PCs( ARM based) were OK for professionals, Y did Apple switch to Intel?

A10 is more powerful than x86 Where are u getting this lie from?

ARM processors aren't powering WoA directly but Microsoft is using emulation(software) to achieve the that feature... This is what Apple can't do due to Intel ownership of X86 patent.
Microsoft have also revealed that snapdragon on windows will run less powerful desktop apps that's Y it restricted WoA emulation to win 32(4gb RAM)

Oga, lightroom and Co aren't pro softwares but sub par pro apps.... Professional designers use full photoshop

The first Microsoft surface pro failed cos it was based on Arm processor usage, which couldn't run powerful softwares.... As a result Microsoft lost 90 million dollars. Not until Microsoft ⚅ released sp3 with Intel core I series did surface become successful

Oga, IOS isn't a full OS....... Know the difference btw RISC and CISC .it will give an insight about ios/androis and Mac OS/windows differences.... A diesel truck is totally incomparable with bugatti in terms of heavy usage
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2017
martineverest:
if they power PCs( ARM based) were OK for professionals, Y did Apple switch to Intel?

A10 is more powerful than x86 Where are u getting this lie from?

ARM processors aren't powering WoA directly but Microsoft is using emulation(software) to achieve the that feature... This is what Apple can't do due to Intel ownership of X86 patent

Oga, lightroom and Co aren't pro softwares but sub par pro apps.... Professional designers use full photoshop

The first Microsoft surface pro failed cos it was based on Arm processor usage, which couldn't run powerful softwares.... As a result Microsoft lost 90 million dollars. Not until Microsoft ⚅ released sp3 with Intel core I series did surface become successful

Oga, IOS isn't a full OS....... Know the difference btw RISC and CISC .it will give an insight about ios/androis and Mac OS/windows differences.... A diesel truck is totally incomparable with bugatti in terms of heavy usage

Here you go

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/9/16/12939310/iphone-7-a10-fusion-processor-apple-intel-future

Read that then come back and hang your head in shame.

By the way ARM chips are RISC based just like Intel chips. I fail to see your point here.

I also fail to see what an instruction set has to do with the iOS kernel.

Maybe you didn't read your wikipedia very well.

By the way the very first Surface Pro was based on x86. All Surface Pros have always been.

You're confusing it with the Surface RT.
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by adeolazzy: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2017
ExInferis:

No one asked you to replace your Macbook, so stop making it seem as if Apple is marketing their product that way. They still make the damn Macbooks to satisfy the mass market.

And as for you not normally replying to comments that point out the flaws of your "impressions", well that makes you a terrible "reviewer" who's close-minded to criticisms, valid or not, to make you improve. For now you'll remain a shallow tech reviewer with the followership of a gang of know-no-better pitchfork-wielding salad tossers who feel compelled to rise against criticisms of your ludicrously poor content.

You don't impress me.

Who cares if she doesn't impress you . Who are you again?
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 11:02am On Jul 09, 2017
MadCow1:

Then it must be just an assesory but then again it would be cumbersome logging around a 10inch tablet.
any difference btw an 9.7in ipad of and 10.5 inch iPad pro in terms of size? They are same dimension with the 10inch version coming with a lesser bezel
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by ExInferis(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2017
adeolazzy:

Who cares if she doesn't impress you . Who are you again?

I care if she doesn't impress me.

Who the duck are you?
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by martineverest(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2017
ExInferis:

Here you go

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/9/16/12939310/iphone-7-a10-fusion-processor-apple-intel-future

Read that then come back and hang your head in shame.

By the way ARM chips are RISC based just like Intel chips. I fail to see your point here.

I also fail to see what an instruction set has to do with the iOS kernel.

Maybe you didn't read your wikipedia very well.

By the way the very first Surface Pro was based on x86. All Surface Pros have always been.

You're confusing it with the Surface RT.

just look at the site... Theverge.

Bro, u fall my hand die.... Intel uses CISC not RISC
How can u compare a RISC device with RISC softwares and A CISC device with CISC softwares.... If Axx processors according to geek bench is more powerful than x86, Y is Apple still using Intel processors on Mac?

Tested: Why the iPad Pro really isn't as fast a laptop | PCWorld.... Read the article
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3006268/tablets/tested-why-the-ipad-pro-really-isnt-as-fast-a-laptop.html

Like I said b4:the fact that Bugatti run faster and more efficient than Mercedes 1117 truck.... Doesn't mean Bugatti can perform more task
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by webincomeplus(m): 11:49am On Jul 09, 2017
TheSexyChic:

It means she got it from the seller for free. YouTubers get stuff like that for free from these guys
She didn't get it for free. She clearly stated in one of her videos that she usually gets the device from an authorized outlet on the condition that it must be returned after she's through with her review. And that's the common thing. Only very cheap devices are given to reviewers for free, not stuffs like this.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by adeolazzy: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
webincomeplus:

She didn't get it for free. She clearly stated in one of her videos that she usually gets the device from an authorized outlet on the condition that it must be returned after she's through with her review. And that's the common thing. Only very cheap devices are given to reviewers for free, not stuffs like this.

She got the s8 for free though.that I am sure about
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by MissTechy(f): 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
know:
@MissTechy,pls what's the name of the track you played to test the volume. Thanks

My sincere apologies for seeing this late. It is hillsong worship what a beautiful name
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by MissTechy(f): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
ExInferis:

You don't impress me.

Thank you.

Your criticisms have been well noted

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by GoodGovernance: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
freshvine:
Money that'll arrange 3000 pieces of blocks for a bungalow

The device is not meant for ''bungalowers'' grin

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by Decale: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
adeolazzy:

She got the s8 for free though.that I am sure about
She didn't
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by tobrinskilanski: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
TheSureBabe:
kiss first Apple unboxing I am seeing from a Nigerian tech blog

Meanwhile ...this iPad is just too expensive. I know what I can use that money go buy

The whole essence of this thread is for you to see itz specifications.

Most people get gadgets 4 different reasons...i believe dis machine itz worth d tag.

do u know much yoga 900 cost?
Re: Unboxing Apple's new N450,000 10.5-inch Device. by Decale: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
MissTechy:

Thank you.

Your criticisms have been well noted

He used harsh words and was condescending, uncouth and rude. And he should apologize

But he drove a point that is correct. You are the helm of tech reviews and unboxing in Nigeria. So, it's probably best you don't come out as biased most especially if it's not a comparison review. People look up to you to make decisions and you have to up your knowledge in the tech field. Probably in your next video, things might definitely improve with extensive research.

We don't want you to be MKBHD or Android Authority. You can carve your niche and still make it very thorough.

Anyways, keep up the good work. It can only get better.

P.S: I live for your smile smiley smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPPO Mobile Unveils The New OPPO A92, Tacha As Brand Ambassador / Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans / How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.