Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

When Enough Is Enough! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Enough Is Enough! (323 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Enough Is Enough! by Chukwuka16: 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lai Mohammed: “... Buhari has become a victim of his own transparency in relation to his current vacation abroad. Mr President is not ill, he is not in hospital and there is no reason to give anybody any bulletin about his health, pure and simple.” (Modified, Feb. 8, 2017)

Lai Mohammed: “I can say here very boldly and confidently that there is absolutely no cause for alarm.” (Modified, Feb. 28, 2017)

Buhari: “I couldn’t recall being so sick since I was a young man, including in the military with its ups and downs.” (Modified, March 10, 2017)

Moliere: “A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool.”

Nigeria as a case study is a researcher’s goldmine. The country does present one with so much data via its citizens that all the world might not be able to contain the output from researches conducted on the country.

One would have thought that the Yaradua episode would never repeat itself, but alas, history is about to repeat itself but with different characters. How on earth persons can face the nation, having acquired so much reputation and then spew hogwash, leaves me baffled. Reuben Abati is one fellow I have vowed Lord never to tread his paths! With such a towering presence and larger than life personality, this guy was my pick growing up. His articles in Guardian were so precise and soul cutting and yet true. Today, I only read his outputs just for fun.

While I can’t really credit Lai Mohammed with any personal achievement or value addition to his constituency, I would have expected him to be able to clearly delineate between his job as a national spokesperson for a party and a country’s information minister. However, his education seems to have only aided him in not only disseminating misinformation but presenting himself as a national embarrassment. Displaying foolery on a local scale might be manageable, but on a grandeur scale as being done by our minister leaves no chance for remediation.

Prof. Dora Akunyili (of blessed memory) would be remembered more for her role in dissenting with the popular belief that Yaradua was recuperating. Though she had sided with the cabal (a term denied by the current acting president) in displaying some foolery, she was quick to find her conscience and retrace her steps. What has become of the cabal? Where is Aoondoaka and his cohorts – mostly forgotten, some dead etc. What about Nigeria? She’s still surviving!

That Nigerian youths are deluded is an understatement! I have just read online that Buhari’s son has just graduated with a master’s degree from a UK university! He only just completed his bachelor’s last year July and has within a year acquired another degree – a master’s! The last time I checked, Lautech is closed down while UI has just returned from a close down. From Kogi to Ife to Imo etc., universities (both state and federal) are either being shut down or engaged in one battle or the other with the government from funding to salaries etc.

A president who borrowed to buy nomination forms, has 150 CONSTANT cows and lives in piety somewhere in Katsina, doesn't believe in medical tourism, believes that multiple presidential jets is corruption and that our scarce forex shouldn't be spent on training Nigerians abroad has been in London for over 60 days (second time) on Nigerian's scarce forex, has a presidential jet burning our hard earned forex there, has his kids graduating from UK universities with no verifiable source of forex for maintenance costs among other things.

The people who are supposed to ask questions are on this platform turning it into a tribal warfare. SAN's have been appointed and the game continues. Osibanjo who is a saint has his younger brother now a SAN. The attorney general of Kwara State is also now a SAN. The elites under our noses are gently pushing their interests amid the chaos while people are losing jobs.

That our forex reserve is low doesn't mean Osibanjo would not be paid estacode for all his foreign trips or that Buhari's bills would not be offset. Yet scholars who are the leaders of tomorrow are still left stranded in foreign countries and not one united voice from Nigerians..

How far with Saraki's promise during May day celebrations to hasten the passage of the increment in workers' wages bill. I tell you Nigerian youths are 'CURSED'.

What of the labour unions and Ngige? Has constituted authority decided to pay off the outstanding allowances to enable staff resume in Lautech?

Have Nigerian youths found out where Buhari’s kids are serving (NYSC)? Is Osibanjo’s daughter going to serve? What about the kids of our elites constantly rubbing in our faces daily, their lavish and jet setting lifestyles abroad, are they also going to serve? How many poor corps members have died in service of our ‘fatherland’ and yet the government doesn’t care. Sense fall on us – Amen!

Have we even investigated the appointees into those quiet departments and agencies to see how many of the kids of the elites have NYSC discharge certificate or if they fraudulently purchased it? Sense fall on us – Amen!

It is we the masses that get killed randomly in Ikorodu (thunder fire badoo!). Na we the masses dey die from robbery attack along the express roads. Stray bullets from the police only sense the poor masses but carefully avoid the elites. Road accidents nko? Na we the masses dey die on top bad roads. Poor healthcare nko? Na we the masses get to suffer doctor’s strike (sense fall on Aregbesola). The elites get to die in plane crashes or in foreign hospitals or of low blood pressure (since they have nothing to think off) and cancer. Even mosquitoes now avoid air conditioned apartments deciding to make their abode in rat infested and darkness plagued neighbourhoods. I even hear that you need pass to enter banana island (thunder fire poverty!).
There must be a time when enough is enough. Yes, things are hard, the suffering is much and becoming unbearable, our religious leaders have abandoned us and are even out of touch with the reality on ground, recession is biting harder on the poor masses, folks are being laid off in their droves etc. The politicians still need our votes. Being poor does not mean being daft. Lai Mohammed, Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina, Yemi Osibanjo, Garba Shehu etc. might have traded their sanity and conscience for some privileges but then we mustn’t allow them ride us forever.

Let’s drink that gari and groundnut and settle down to ask questions. Why should the younger brother of a late senator be handed the ticket of a party? Are there no more qualified persons than himself? Is politics in Nigeria now hereditary? Why should we sacrifice our common patrimony for a loaf of bread and bag of salt? Where’s the logic in that. Why should Buhari be away for so long and yet we are not briefed? Isn’t that disrespect? How are appointments made in the country without recourse to qualifications, isn’t that the mediocre system that has plunged Nigeria into crisis today?

Rather than bickering over nonsense issues on the internet – Buhari is sick, no he is well etc., let’s begin asking sensible questions. The quality of the questions we raise is a measure of how much of critical thinkers we are! Let’s not allow the buffoons in high places continue to use religion and tribe to ride us.

Enough is Enough! (iffa hear)

PS
I think that group has suddenly gone silent. Even Tunde Bakare has suddenly lost his voice.

For previous posts:
https://www.nairaland.com/3876404/celebration-mediocrity
https://www.nairaland.com/3868704/celebration-fathers-day
https://www.nairaland.com/3857554/revolt-against-constituted-thinking
https://www.nairaland.com/3855295/search-common-sense
https://www.nairaland.com/3855288/thank-sir-brain
https://www.nairaland.com/3851707/excuse-me-sir-look-stupid
https://www.nairaland.com/3851270/youths-might-sense

CC;
lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J
seun

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Biafra And Boko Haram Are Being Financed By Looters Of The Country-magu / Headline News / Group Condemns Unguarded Utterances Against National Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.