Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? (1210 Views)

Videos Of Animals Doing Weird And Crazy Stuff / Hope You Will Enjoy This Video Of Animals Interrupting Big Sport Events! / Photos Of Animals Caught By My Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
I find it hard to believe that a lot of people don't know The difference between a ram and a goat. A rat and a rabbit/squirrel. A butterfly and a moth. A lion and a tiger. A buffalo/deer and a cow. A pig and a warthog. A duck and a geese. 1

I just find it unbelievable.... Are people actually genuinely ignorant of the names of these animals? Because these animals look strikingly different and it just shocks me that someone wld think they are all the same. shocked

It even annoys me sometimes cos I do think they are doing it on purpose to show they don't care about animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by LionDeLeo: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
OP, on a serious note, some of those names can be very confusing and to me in some cases you can't blame people.

Eg, why should I be crucified for saying "butterfly" instead of "moth" when I don't even know the basic difference between the two?

I think such perfection should be expected from experts only.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by Greene66: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:
OP, on a serious note, some of those names can be very confusing and to me in some cases you can't blame people.

Eg, why should I be crucified for saying "butterfly" instead of "moth" when I don't even know the basic difference between the two?

I think such perfection should be expected from experts only.

Don't mind the op.
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2017
Jackofall:
I find it hard to believe that a lot of people don't know The difference between a ram and a goat. A rat and a rabbit/squirrel. A butterfly and a moth. A lion and a tiger. A buffalo/deer and a cow. A pig and a warthog. A duck and a geese. 1

I just find it unbelievable.... Are people actually genuinely ignorant of the names of these animals? Because these animals look strikingly different and it just shocks me that someone wld think they are all the same. shocked

It even annoys me sometimes cos I do think they are doing it on purpose to show they don't care about animals.
sometimes I wonder same my self too.... Igbinidion gifted the new Oba of Benin a Lion Cub and everyone was saying it was a tiger. someone would kill an African bush rat with white tail and say "see the rabbit I killed..... pepper soup loading" like WTF grin ? so many others that I've seen and its embarrassing cos we've got alit of foreigners here and shit like this makes most label us as illiterates

1 Like

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by DidiLove1: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Jackofall:

True and quite sad bro. Monitor lizard has been renamed alligator in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by TheMortician: 6:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Hmn
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by Patented: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
a lot of people just aint bothered and will call an animal the first name that comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by Thecodingslayer: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
I agree with the OP, ok I agree only interested persons will know the difference between a moth and a butterfly because sometimes the difference is so subtle but who won't know the difference between a goat and a ram, or a rat and rabbit, for real I still have hope in the intellect of humanity, we are not that stupid only people will problems won't be able to differentiate those
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by freezyprinzy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
sometimes I wonder same my self too.... Igbinidion gifted the new Oba of Benin a Lion Cub and everyone was saying it was a tiger. someone would kill an African bush rat with white tail and say "see the rabbit I killed..... pepper soup loading" like WTF grin ? so many others that I've seen and its embarrassing cos we've got alit of foreigners here and shit like this makes most label us as illiterates
oga there is nothing like African bush rat with white tail, It’s called a pouch rat. Those people no sabi. The thing is that some animals can be very confusing if you don’t take your time to read about them.
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by Endy10(m): 1:16am On Dec 02, 2019
Was watching a movie with my sister. She saw a Cheetah and called it a tiger. When I looked at her with bad eyes, she said it was a leopard. It was when I saw she was about to say Lion that I burst into laughter.

The problem is real my brother
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:26am On Dec 02, 2019
freezyprinzy:
oga there is nothing like African bush rat with white tail, It’s called a pouch rat. Those people no sabi. The thing is that some animals can be very confusing if you don’t take your time to read about them.
may be you should Google the words "African Bush rat" and see what comes up. The Pouch rat and African Bush rat are one and the same just know differently.
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by freezyprinzy(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
may be you should Google the words "African Bush rat" and see what comes up. The Pouch rat and African Bush rat are one and the same just know differently.
oga it’s called a pouch rat

Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
freezyprinzy:
oga it’s called a pouch rat
okay fine... But me I sha saw Cane rat .... undecided sir I too know... Its called a pouch rat, also called an African bush rat, also called a cane rat sir.... You Googled African bush rat and that came up and you are still arguing...
Re: Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? by freezyprinzy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
okay fine... But me I sha saw Cane rat .... undecided sir I too know... Its called a pouch rat, also called an African bush rat, also called a cane rat sir.... You Googled African bush rat and that came up and you are still arguing...
he asked me to search “African bush rat” and I did. The cane rat you are talking about is the common grass cutter oga I no reply una again make una use google.

(1) (Reply)

Boerboel Owners, Your Attention Is Needed!!! / Young Senegal Parrots For Sale. Can Be Picked Up Or Delivered Anywhere. / A Healthy And Very Active Female Adult Rottweiler For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.