Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? (589 Views)

What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Soyinka: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Son Says It May Be 'Unlawful' To Take Pic Of Man / Photo Of Man Posing Inside A Casket Sparks Outrage On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Obudupikin: 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Good day fam,I need your opinion on this.

I once stumbled upon a young lady placing a curse on a certain young man. she packed sand from the ground and said things like the young man will amount to nothing in life. That his life will be miserable and all his struggles shall be in vain. She concluded that the youngman will die young and as a poor man.

Then on a different day,I was in a bus when a young man paid the fare of two elderly ladies. One of the ladies placed her palm on the young man's palm and said blessings to him. She told the young man that for this gesture his pocket will never run dry. That more will come from wherever this one came from. That he shall live to see his children's children.

Now putting these two scenarios in perspective my questions go thus;

1. Say the young man that was cursed is hardworking,intelligent,smart and has a good degree; would he still grow to be a poor miserable man because some lady in his past said so?

2. Assuming again that the second man is naturally lazy,unintelligent and lacks prospect; will he turn out successful base on the decree of the elderly woman?

3. What if the young man in both scenarios is the same person. Which of the two(blessing and curse) will have an effect on his life considering that both are contradictory?

4. Finally,can the destiny of a man actually be influenced by the pronouncement of others?

Thank you for your responses.

1 Like

Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by smartty68(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
There's only one person who can make you happy in life, and that person is you! What you belief is what works for you!
Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Obudupikin: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
smartty68:
There's only one person who can make you happy in life, and that person is you! What you belief is what works for you!

In otherwords,you are implying that curses and blessings have no bearing on our lives?
Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 09, 2017
I don't know that people have the "power" or "authority" to place a curse or blessing on anyone.
I think people get mad or happy and then act accordingly...thinking they can bless or curse.
This topic is contoversial in that many religious people would probably say "yes", but I would say that I'm not convinced that one can do it.
Although I'm a follower of Christ, I believe that pronouncing curses & blessings would be reserved for Christ.
The Bible does contain many scriptures that basically give guidelines/principles and consequences for holy living.
Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Obudupikin: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ngo40:
I don't know that people have the "power" or "authority" to place a curse or blessing on anyone.
I think people get mad or happy and then act accordingly...thinking they can bless or curse.
This topic is controversial in that many religious people would probably say "yes", but I would say that I'm not convinced that one can do it.
Although I'm a follower of Christ, I believe that pronouncing curses & blessings would be reserved for Christ.
The Bible does contain many scriptures that basically give guidelines/principles and consequences for holy living.

Meaning what they say at that point have no effect on the life of the recipient.
Thanks for you response.
Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Obudupikin: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
I need a to sample the opinion of a wider population.
This is for a thesis.
Thanks.
Re: BLESSING & CURSE - Does Any Of This Influence The Outcome Of Man's Life? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
Obudupikin:

Meaning what they say at that point have no effect on the life of the recipient.
Thanks for you response.

Yes...basically that's what I'm saying.
Now later on the person may make choices that have grave consequences...but not because someone "pronounced" it on that person.
That is my belief.
You are welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

Scores Killed In Renewed Southern Kaduna Violence / [NEW PHOTOS] Ajala Ritualists’ Den Turns Tourists Site / Post Ads On Facebook And Earn 15-20k A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.