Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37354 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by claremont(m): 12:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmm...Some very dangerous advice is being peddled on this thread by a few people, but the good news is that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians in the diaspora have advised the OP to migrate if (and only if) it can be done LEGALLY. I cannot emphasize this point enough. The life of an illegal immigrant isn't a life I would recommend to my worst enemy, and it will be disingenuous of me to recommend that lifestyle to my own fellow Nigerians. If you want to migrate, do it via study route, marriage route, Army route e.t.c, do NOT listen to a few people on here luring you to migrate illegally for a pittance of labourer cash-in-hand slavery job.

If you have a decent well-paid job in Nigeria and you are relatively comfortable, save some money, apply for a visa to visit the people advising you to migrate illegally. You will be shocked to see the glorified 'Ajegunle/mushin' neighbourhoods where they live, you will be even more shocked to know the jobs they have been doing for years to live the lifestyle they show you in their social media photos.

If you want to migrate, do so LEGALLY and stick to a clear career and immigration plan. The problem I have seen with a lot of Nigerians in the diaspora is that they get sucked into the rat-race of bills, bills, bills, and before you know it, they have spent 20-30years working in a shite job with nothing tangible to show for it besides a fancy car on a bank loan. I was speaking to a Nigerian who is almost in his 50's the other day, he has spent his whole life working in in an unskilled role job earning a pittance, this is a man who is married with kids and who graduated years ago as a Pharmacist in Nigeria. This man is legally here in the UK, but his career goals has been truncated by the vagaries of life in the diaspora. I have seen MSc/PhD holders (Nigerians) driving taxis to earn a living to feed their families and pay the bills.

You need to investigate carefully the lifestyle of the people goading you on to migrate illegally. Some of them are into credit card scams e.t.c, and they use the money they get to post glossy photos on social media in order to deceive the gullible. They will eventually be caught and deported after their sentence is served. A few years ago, as Justwise can confirm, there was a certain Nairalander called Cooger, he was always claiming to be a 'big boy' who worked in the City of London. He was later outed as a common credit card thief living illegally in the UK. Who knows, it's possible he is currently paying a prolonged visit to Wormwood scrubs prison at Her Majesty's expense as I speak.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by sapele914(m): 1:12am On Jul 10, 2017
vanbonattel:

By the time APC and this present administration finish with Nigeria, people will be using legs to trek to Sudan to live.
Lazy man what of your state and local government should they not also be held responsible?what of your parents did they not provide for you?or na President Buhari born your papa or mama?

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 10, 2017
sapele914:
Lazy man what of your state and local government should they not also be held responsible?what of your parents did they not provide for you?or na President Buhari born your papa or mama?
Na wa cool
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by cooltola(m): 4:50am On Jul 10, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

And western countries are where your lives as Nigerians ll be bleeped up so bad...

This is not 2001, this is 2017. Western world is completely different now.

Don't allow people to deceive you with ridiculous stories
Look I am not saying the Western countries is going to be a paradise. I am just saying that for some of us Nigerians traveling aboard is a better option. If we had the options to stay in Nigeria , we will. But the reality is that Nigeria in the 2001 was better than the Nigeria in 2017. Food was cheaper, jobs were still around and one could still manage. Now things are getting impossible, some of us barely have money for food.

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Thank you very much, plz point me to where I said or encourage migrating to the Uk illegally?
2nd,among all of us sampling British passport on this thread I bet you any money %60 if not more would have fall under your definition of illegal immigrant at any one time and this is fact no matter how it is twisted. angry angry

Speak for yourself, i definitely did not become British citizen by living here illegally at any point.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 6:34am On Jul 10, 2017
cooltola:

Look I am not saying the Western countries is going to be a paradise. I am just saying that for some of us Nigerians traveling aboard is a better option. If we had the options to stay in Nigeria , we will. But the reality is that Nigeria in the 2001 was better than the Nigeria in 2017. Food was cheaper, jobs were still around and one could still manage. Now things are getting impossible, some of us barely have money for food.

Is it that bad?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2017
fbtowner:

I like your thinking faculty. Just like mine.

Take my case for example.

All my male cousins had gone to Dubai. And we are all Graduates oo. And we even have up to 2-3 hand work each Take me for example. Im a certified Mobile and computer Engineer both hard and software. And also an Integrated plumber both domestic and industrial, also a graduate of Economic

Same as all my cousin. We all had same hand work.

To be sincere with u. I have not for a once envy their life over there. They have been asking me to come.

So i started thinking. Leaving my business where im my own boss. Leaving all my professions and become a security guard in another mans land doesnt seems like an upgrade to me. Though im not very bouyant here. But i know future is bright.

Most people out there are not that making it Most of them engage in illegal activities. Dont ever be carried away with those sweet pictures and selfies they take in fine places. Dont be decieved

And if u have a Benin friend. It wont help matter. Those people dont believe they are human unless they travel out of naija.

Please watch and listen to this in close door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumZv3pmERA
please do you know the name of the artist who sang that song, I want to download it
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by benzc350: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2017
After all said and done, if you're jobless and hungry in Naija, and you get an opportunity to leave this hell hole and you're still thinking twice, then your village people have activated their wifi activities in your life....on the other hand, if you have a decent job, even if it is 200k per month, stay put here, and save, improve yourself with advanced certifications and save some more! All these people claiming patriots have influential parents oh, never compare yourself with them!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 8:38am On Jul 10, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Is it that bad?

you need to be here to know. a PHD holder driving taxi in london is more honourable than a pHD holder applying as a trailer driver in dangote. come and stay in nigeria for 6 month. you will explode. business aint moving, even artisan can't get job cos construction is flat.

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2017
Reference:

Poverty is mental not territorial. For everyone earning 50,000 there is someone earning ten times that or more in Nigeria. The fact remains that most people choose not to distinguish themselves. And when the mean becomes the standard those who pay for goods and services refuse to increase the rewards or compensation I.e. wages, contracts, salaries and settlements. It baffles me that in a country that makes virtually nothing people still find it hard to make it. The opportunities abound. This is a grossly overvalued society. Everything is more expensive than it actually should be so I don't know what people complain about the low wages and returns. One of the pillars supprting my business is the continual quest to right price when it comes to requisitions, quotes and bills by one of two things, either raise quality or trim cost so we work extra hard 365 days a year, 13 hours a day.

It is surprising that in a country lacking so much the.folks here instead of taking opportunity are taking continual informal holidays instead. Most folks who travel out for the first time telll me of one noticeable difference, the work ethic and the continual quest for excellence. I don't need to be in the midst of foreigners to do that. I do it here in Nigeria. If you do you will prosper automatically. Find what you can do and sink your life into it,you will make it.
This your post reminds me of think and grow rich by napoleon hill.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2017
jiangchu:

you need to be here to know. a PHD holder driving taxi in london is more honourable than a pHD holder applying as a trailer driver in dangote. come and stay in nigeria for 6 month. you will explode. business aint moving, even artisan can't get job cos construction is flat.
Bro leave dem.these guys don't know .9ja is hell for those who do not earn enough . Imagine earning N100 k a month and your transport to work cost N1500 a day . Your shoe go turn canoe .

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Speak for yourself, i definitely did not become British citizen by living here illegally at any point.
Ok a nah

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro leave dem.these guys don't know .9ja is hell for those who do not earn enough . Imagine earning N100 k a month and your transport to work cost N1500 a day . Your shoe go turn canoe .

who is earning 100k p/month. they all have been retrenched and replace with contract workers that earn far less. those working can't even afford to eat well.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Jul 10, 2017
jiangchu:

who is earning 100k p/month. they all have been retrenched and replace with contract workers that earn far less. those working can't even afford to eat well.
Llife tough gannn . Some guys are 30 looking like 45 with mega grey hair due to stress . As a Nigerian if your combined income is not up to N200k then in Tupac voice your life will always be a struggle . You.g Men plan well now that you have few years to spare .This we get levels to cut make Una cut ohh unless Una arrange 4 9ja.

5 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Llife tough gannn . Some guys ate 30 looking like 45 with mega grey hair due to stress . As a Nigerian if your combined income is not up to N200k then in Tupac voice your life will always be a struggle . You.g Men plan well now that you have few years to spare .This we get levels to cut make Una cut ohh unless Una arrange 4 9ja.

most of those who are shouting stay in nigeria, if you look at thier background their father will have like two house and have access to someone who have access to the nation coffer. even if they don't work they will collect rent. the guy arguing with you ask him where did he got the money to finanace his travelling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2017
jiangchu:

most of those who are shouting stay in nigeria, if you look at thier background their father will have like two house and have access to someone who have access to the nation coffer. even if they don't work they will collect rent. the guy arguing with you ask him where did he got the money to finanace his travelling.
My Guy leave dem nah U know talk is cheap .
Abeg youths instead of you risking your life and that of others on the highway being Armed robber plz do the needful Cut . Dem or born dem here thier papa nor B dangote . Dem say dem nor hustle black market job ?ahaha

6 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
vanbonattel:

And yet nobody has been imprisoned for all these crime? What a fantastically corrupt government run by APC. They are just incompetent.
what did you expect
that a party with tinubu at its head and Saraki as a member will turn saints overnight. don't be naive. all we are saying is that Jonathan and PDP had to go. now incumbency and Federal night have been demystified. everyone knows now that any unserious party will lose, just look at apc in osun bye election. it will force both parties to sit up. competition is all we're welcoming. without it we will just have dictators. democracy is slow, that is why the white man advocates it for his enemies or rivals to slow their development down but we're getting there.better both parties swap instead of one party dominating with no check in sight. absolute power corrupts absolutely. it's a pity PDP are not able to mount proper opposition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by arena07: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

only if you are even lucky to get 100k per month job.. Just check the number of graduates and even masters holder that applied for N-power over 2million for a job 30k per month

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
arena07:
only if you are even lucky to get 100k per month job.. Just check the number of graduates and even masters holder that applied for N-power over 2million for a job 30k per month
Nah only God fit help us in this our country .
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by arena07: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Nah only God fit help us in this our country .
na so bro
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
claremont:
Hmmm...Some very dangerous advice is being peddled on this thread by a few people, but the good news is that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians in the diaspora have advised the OP to migrate if (and only if) it can be done LEGALLY. I cannot emphasize this point enough. The life of an illegal immigrant isn't a life I would recommend to my worst enemy, and it will be disingenuous of me to recommend that lifestyle to my own fellow Nigerians. If you want to migrate, do it via study route, marriage route, Army route e.t.c, do NOT listen to a few people on here luring you to migrate illegally for a pittance of labourer cash-in-hand slavery job.

If you have a decent well-paid job in Nigeria and you are relatively comfortable, save some money, apply for a visa to visit the people advising you to migrate illegally. You will be shocked to see the glorified 'Ajegunle/mushin' neighbourhoods where they live, you will be even more shocked to know the jobs they have been doing for years to live the lifestyle they show you in their social media photos.

If you want to migrate, do so LEGALLY and stick to a clear career and immigration plan. The problem I have seen with a lot of Nigerians in the diaspora is that they get sucked into the rat-race of bills, bills, bills, and before you know it, they have spent 20-30years working in a shite job with nothing tangible to show for it besides a fancy car on a bank loan. I was speaking to a Nigerian who is almost in his 50's the other day, he has spent his whole life working in in an unskilled role job earning a pittance, this is a man who is married with kids and who graduated years ago as a Pharmacist in Nigeria. This man is legally here in the UK, but his career goals has been truncated by the vagaries of life in the diaspora. I have seen MSc/PhD holders (Nigerians) driving taxis to earn a living to feed their families and pay the bills.

You need to investigate carefully the lifestyle of the people goading you on to migrate illegally. Some of them are into credit card scams e.t.c, and they use the money they get to post glossy photos on social media in order to deceive the gullible. They will eventually be caught and deported after their sentence is served. A few years ago, as Justwise can confirm, there was a certain Nairalander called Cooger, he was always claiming to be a 'big boy' who worked in the City of London. He was later outed as a common credit card thief living illegally in the UK. Who knows, it's possible he is currently paying a prolonged visit to Wormwood scrubs prison at Her Majesty's expense as I speak.

Many people will not listen until it's too late
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Llife tough gannn . Some guys are 30 looking like 45 with mega grey hair due to stress . As a Nigerian if your combined income is not up to N200k then in Tupac voice your life will always be a struggle . You.g Men plan well now that you have few years to spare .This we get levels to cut make Una cut ohh unless Una arrange 4 9ja.

See advice and one dullard will plan his life based on this reasoning

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Reference:

Poverty is mental not territorial. For everyone earning 50,000 there is someone earning ten times that or more in Nigeria. The fact remains that most people choose not to distinguish themselves. And when the mean becomes the standard those who pay for goods and services refuse to increase the rewards or compensation I.e. wages, contracts, salaries and settlements. It baffles me that in a country that makes virtually nothing people still find it hard to make it. The opportunities abound. This is a grossly overvalued society. Everything is more expensive than it actually should be so I don't know what people complain about the low wages and returns. One of the pillars supprting my business is the continual quest to right price when it comes to requisitions, quotes and bills by one of two things, either raise quality or trim cost so we work extra hard 365 days a year, 13 hours a day.

It is surprising that in a country lacking so much the.folks here instead of taking opportunity are taking continual informal holidays instead. Most folks who travel out for the first time telll me of one noticeable difference, the work ethic and the continual quest for excellence. I don't need to be in the midst of foreigners to do that. I do it here in Nigeria. If you do you will prosper automatically. Find what you can do and sink your life into it,you will make it.

People are under different curses this is why they will always do things that will make them worse than they should be. This your advice is priceless but just like a fly will follow a dead body underground, many will definitely see problem and fall into it, experience is the best teacher

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

See advice and one dullard will plan his life based on this reasoning
Who feels it knows it.the way Nigeria is some people are ready to go to Mali to hustle if they could afford it.Some are very comfy in their area cos pepper rest y others have struggle as their 2nd name even though they are working . There is this dude that was working on my site from convo I could tell he is educated and we'll spoken one section is 3mtr long 3mtr deep 1.5m wide . Cost N700 max U can dig a day was 3 which is N2100 .hard work under hot sun . I nearly shed a tear for this guy cos he has finished schooling 4 years no JOB . No helper no father no mother . The sad part is that they thought they had a good deal from me ,meaning they are getting used to this hard way of life . So my sister I started analyzing the situation putting myself at the shoes of this young man I now thought there is only one difference btw us. I was lucky to Cut outta 9ja he is not cos for me after NYSC 1999 I did not work one day I found myself in the UK . .life was not always easy it was a struggle but a GOOD STRUGGLE WITH RESULTS AT SIGHT Now in 9ja U can't say that.

5 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by femiratess(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
so many liars on this thread

i wonder how many people will turn down a free visa to US or Germany. claiming you can make it here in Nija.
to even get information na war- phone don die
you want to sleep na baddoo ring tone
okay make i go out hussle-you have to cover your tattoo and delete your german frd picture bkos of sas
noise of your neighbors generator alone can bring brain cancer
everything na war

and you tell me been a security in dubai with your salary assured and sound sleep for night isnt a good idea.
the bottom line is be legal and you can always build yourself in any country.

public question: what is the percentage of a fresh graduate getting a job within 6months 0.0000000000000001 i guess
if you are lucky to have something to manage, congrats
if na to fly, my brothers and sisters abeg gada wings o

8 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
femiratess:
so many liars on this thread

i wonder how many people will turn down a free visa to US or Germany. claiming you can make it here in Nija.
to even get information na war- phone don die
you want to sleep na baddoo ring tone
okay make i go out hussle-you have to cover your tattoo and delete your german frd picture bkos of sas
noise of your neighbors generator alone can bring brain cancer
everything na war

and you tell me been a security in dubai with your salary assured and sound sleep for night isnt a good idea.
the bottom line is be legal and you can always build yourself in any country.

public question: what is the percentage of a fresh graduate getting a job within 6months 0.0000000000000001 i guess
if you are lucky to have something to manage, congrats
if na to fly, my brothers and sisters abeg gada wings o

Hahaha baba you know watsup. na real struggle o. Especially this phone checking. Man no fit hustle in peace again

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Who feels it knows it.the way Nigeria is some people are ready to go to Mali to hustle if they could afford it.Some are very comfy in thier area cos pepper rest y others have struggle as thier 2nd name even though they are working . There is this dude that was working on my site from convo I could tell he is educated and we'll spoken one section is 3mtr long 3mtr deep 1.5m wide . Cost N700 max U can dig a day is 3 which is N2100 .hard work under hit sun . I nearly shed a tear for this guy cos he has finished schooling 4 years no JOB . No helper no father no mother . The sad part is they thought they had a good deal frm me meaning they are getting used to this hard way of life . So my sister I started analysing the situation putting myself at the shoes of this young man I now though there is only one difference . I was lucky to Cut outta 9ja he is not cos for me after NYSC 1999 I did not work one day I found myself in the UK . .life was not always easy it was a struggle but a GOOD STRUGGLE WITH RESULTS AT SIGHT Now in 9ja U can't say that.

What works for Peter may not work for Paul so what is the justification in telling Paul to do what Peter did to get the same result. Do you think that people are not making it here? People are, big time. That brother doing the menial job passed through school with the wrong mindset, he may have even bought his result. Even SSCE is enough for some people to make it in Nigeria talk less of BSC, all the guy needs is to apply himself in any thing he's doing. He could even get guys under him and win contracs to dig such holes then take a percentage of their pay, if he approaches you with a proposal to supply trained diggers, wouldn't you give him a chance? He can keep living in self pity if he likes sha, may God help us
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

What works for Peter may not work for Paul so what is the justification in telling Paul to do what Peter did to get the same result. Do you think that people are not making it here? People are, big time. That brother doing the menial job passed through school with the wrong mindset, he may have even bought his result. Even SSCE is enough for some people to make it in Nigeria talk less of BSC, all the guy needs is to apply himself in any thing he's doing. He could even get guys under him and win contracs to dig such holes then take a percentage of their pay, if he approaches you with a proposal to supply trained diggers, wouldn't you give him a chance? He can keep living in self pity if he likes sha, may God help us
YOu are talking as if you have never lived in Nigeria B4, You are right its called advice, what worked for me might not work for him but do not forget it worked for me, so I must think it might work for him, i cant give anyone an advice I cant guarantee, I can only give an advice based on my own personal experience not what the next man went fru cos I would not know the ins and out.Talking about not trying, have you not seen people who are fully employed but are still living in poverty cos of overhead?.Did you not see where we said having a combined salary of N200k might still mean you are living in poverty?
As things stand Nigeria is xtreemly expensive to live in by live I dont mean exist,you have to buy a car fuel it, service it, train kids build or rent a house, healthcare,school fees all these paid upfront.Me using that young man as an example is an explanation of the basic ills of Nigeria, it merely expands to what extent our society has decayed up to.I have a room mate from ESUT back in the days, when I was a 100 level student, he was a 400 level Comp science student,I saw him in the bank 2008 on one of my visit to Nigeria, he only just got a job the month B4,2008, I graduated 1999, he was Brilliant. Like I said in my respond about taxi drivers in the US, people who failed to secure employments are not weak,Its not as if they dont try enough,Sometimes life is just sooo unfair.In Nigeria the chances of you securing employment is so slim unless you know somebody that knows somebody the past 2 years FG has a freeze on civil service employment.You will even work and wont get paid.The country is frustrating for those of us who aint so fortunate.

12 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2017
vanbonattel:

And yet nobody has been imprisoned for all these crime? What a fantastically corrupt government run by APC. They are just incompetent.
how can you imprison with hungry judges upandan
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
erico2k2:

YOu are talking as if you have never lived in Nigeria B4, You are right its called advice, what worked for me might not work for him but do not forget it worked for me, so I must think it might work for him, i cant give anyone an advice I can guarantee, I can only give advice based on my own personal experience not what the next man went fru cos I would not know the ins and out.Talking about not trying, have you not seen people who are fully employed but still live in poverty cos of overhead?.Did you not see where we said having a combined salary of N200k might still mean you are living in poverty?
As things stand Nigeria is xtreemly expensive to live in by live I dont mean exist,you have to buy a car fuel it, service it, train kids build or rent a house, healthcare,school fees all these paid upfront.Me using that young man as an example is and explanation of the basic ills of Nigerai, it merely expands to what extent our society has decayed up to.I have a room mate from ESUT back in the days, when I was a 100 level student, he was a 400 level Comp science student,I saw him in the bank 2008 on one of my visit to Nigeria, he only just got a job the month B4,2008, I graduated 1999, he was Brilliant. Like I said in my respond about taxi drivers in the US, people who failed to secure employments are not weak,Its not as if they dont try enough,Sometimes life is just sooo unfair in Nigeria the chances of you securing employment is so slim unless you know somebody that knows somebody the past 2 years FG has a freeze on civil service employment.You will even work and wont get paid.The country is frustrating for those of us who aint so fortunate.
Bro, save Ur breath..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by gentleiphy: 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
[b][/b]All the advice and contributions by everybody here as regards the OP's question whether to stay back in Nigeria or travel abroad are all valid point made.Being objective in some decisions seems the best way to tackle issues as well as being realistic.

For starters,no country in this world is the street littered with money money that as soon as you are born or arrived the country you start picking the coins and notes on the road...you have to work through your strengths,ability,ambition and mindset to achieve anything.With that said,in every country there are rich and poor,in Nigeria there are also rich and poor,graduates in any country also have to face competition to get jobs like Nigeria.In every country people have started jobs got fired and lose it from there,same in Nigeria.In every country you also need capital to start off a business so also is too in Nigeria and if you don't have capital you cant start..however some countries have stable economic environment to encourage business growth while some the harsh economic weather can stifle any intent of succeeding in business.

Now let me go to the question.Travelling abroad should not be seen as a do or die thing and also should not be seen as a route to the syndrome of Make-money-quick..if you intend to be in a legitimate job with a legal status..its easy to delve into the make-money quick in Nigeria than elsewhere because the system in Nigeria is based on anything goes..fake drugs goes,substandard materials goes and the rotten political systems and financial fraud.So many have personal reasons to relocate under [b]LEGAL[/b]means and not on a visit visa...some also have personal reasons to remain put in Nigeria and wade through the storm of hardship created by the politicians which by the way can in the near future end and things return back to normal.

someone here rightly said that so many in Diaspora are not better of because they have not built a house in Nigeria or have any investment in Nigeria...yes but measure of success mostly are not by how many houses you own,measure of success to so many is the quality of lifestyle you live with little or no money as compared to non quality lifestyle some live with plenty money..i will explain.

Some Nigerians left the country in search of better quality life for their family,kids and have access to the most commonest basic things being denied in Nigeria.Some have held big managerial positions in Nigeria but when the chips are down they are caught up in the web of confusion and hopelessness attached to Nigerian society.Some run away from Nigeria not because they dont have this money but because they seek for quick access to good and quality health care delivery system with or without money,some seek better security and protection of their lives,some seek easy access to clean portable drinking water and 24hrs electricity,some seek the freedom and respect as a human being first and foremost where rights are both for the poor and the rich and not only for the rich and where the legal system protects them whether rich or poor,some seek to relocate to better afford their kids a fast and assured future both in education which is quality and at a pace commensurate with their age.Most also sought for better job and at the same time enjoy all that i have mentioned above..nothing good also comes easy,you have to raise the bar to fit in to the new country you relocated to.The okonjo iwealas did not just get successful in the US,she worked hard for it and which she was to be in Nigeria she would been see as being made once she gets to Abuja politics..but US offered her the opportunity to become what she is today and mind you her kids have never lived in Nigeria.

Not undermining also the achievements made by so many Nigerians in Nigeria too and all that didn't come on a platter of Gold,hard work was also visible.But the difference is,the society and its perception about what quality life should be..Nigeria is zero and not looking like its going to ascend out from the zero mark anytime soon.Apart from the rich and the lucky middle class,can we say that everybody in Nigeria has the same access to same provisions of things that makes life easy?nope but in western world everybody both rich and poor have access to the most commonest things that makes life sweeter and better...in western world people may not be earning half of what an average Nigerian earns but are better in living life...simply put in western world both rich and poor are LIVING life while in Nigeria both rich and poor are merely EXISITING.. the difference in both[b] LIVING[/b] and EXISTING can put this way..the existing always run to the living for help and that clearly defines the abroad we talk about and the Nigeria we are comparing it with.

Finally,no place is as sweet as home,but sometimes the heat in the home will drive you outside to go receive the airconditon in another mans house and when you come back to your on house where you left you get surprised seeing the heat rashes(Poverty and stress) left in the body and faces of those in your home sweet home.Decision to relocate should not be based on what people abroad or people at home tells you...base your decision on what you actually want for yourself..is it money? or is better life or is it for the sake of running away from Nigeria...people work good jobs abroad..in US 99% of Nigerians are highly skilled and hold various top positions in their chosen profession and some destiny too kept them away from breaking through whether in abroad or back home...after all some in Nigeria started business before Dangote but some have parked up and return back to the village.But in all please do not relocate to any country without the legal way,do not run away to any country with visit visa...otherwise the sufferness you will meet wont be a nice story to write about..life is better abroad than Nigeria no matter how we explain it or try to use those that immigrated illegally and those not being fortunate to do the job they did back home which in anyway is tied to destiny...success is not by hardwork alone...success is favor from God first..to whom God chooses he bless.if you like run to jerusalem or remain in Nigeria what God decides about you is all that matters.

wisdom is the best.think carefully before you take any leap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors" / South-West Bridges, Roads And Flyovers In Pictures / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.