Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37434 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2017
mctowel01:

Did you just call Dubai hype? Strange coming from someone who lives in Nigeria

Forget it bro. Do they pick money on the floor there?

Or they serve free meal.

U this bini ppl self

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Mrjaz(m): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2017
My brother if u r hungry and jobless please disappear from this country for its a total mess a mortuary attendant in overseas is better than a bank manager in naija besides who will employ u here? Who do you know? My brother run and come back in 2019............. see u in 2019.

9 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Lol. Bros No vex for me abeg. U kukun know from the bottom of your heart that im saying the truth grin

Besides the OP needs advice more than i do. Cause i have made up my mind already.

One thing i have learn in life is that Decisions have consequences either good or bad. And as a man u have to make ur decisions and face the damn consequences

Op will not be able to blame us if he finally travels and become a messanger in another mans land. Lol

Just playing around anyways. Im planning to visit the Dubai too. Late this year. To just see what the hype is all about.

Bros i greet u. Head full thinking dey.

Owehnor. Hope say i i spell am well.

I like bini ppl for the moral wey dem get shaa. My best friend na bini man
U all ranting about staying in Nigeria it's because d opportunity to travel to a better country like America or the UK or Canada has never presented itself on a platter of gold to u.
When someone offers u free visa to go to one of these countries, only then I will know how strong ur will is to remain in this hell hole called Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by RELEASEUS: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:
no

I like your thinking faculty. Just like mine.

Take my case for example.

All my male cousins had gone to Dubai. And we are all Graduates oo. And we even have up to 2-3 hand work each Take me for example. Im a certified Mobile and computer Engineer both hard and software. And also an Integrated plumber both domestic and industrial, also a graduate of Economic

Same as all my cousin. We all had same hand work.

To be sincere with u. I have not for a once envy their life over there. They have been asking me to come.

So i started thinking. Leaving my business where im my own boss. Leaving all my professions and become a security guard in another mans land doesnt seems like an upgrade to me. Though im not very bouyant here. But i know future is bright.

Most people out there are not that making it Most of them engage in illegal activities. Dont ever be carried away with those sweet pictures and selfies they take in fine places. Dont be decieved

And if u have a Benin friend. It wont help matter. Those people dont believe they are human unless they travel out of naija.

Please watch and listen to this in close door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumZv3pmERA
With your skills you will not be a security guard thats for sure. Forget the Economics you read. You ll not use it to get a job in the middle east, but your skill as a computer person and plumbing you cld be comfortably saving 500,000 per month. If you set your self a target of 2 years. Imagine your savings when u return home to set up your business. So please dont judge like that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by vanbonattel: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2017
Rilwayne001:

We can only go forward in the event of a situation where we have the opportunity to single-handedly change our past mistake immediately, or better yet letting our experience of the past guide our present. Talking about the 2015 election, we cannot change the mistake we made then, until 2019, can we?

So, let us talk about how some supposedly educated tribe were hoodwinked to vote an illiterate old washed out analog leader. Let's talk.

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by loadedvibes: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

And if u have a Benin friend. It wont help matter. Those people dont believe they are human unless they travel out of naija.

There is a flaw in your thinking and forced to think you are a tout and thus have benin touts around you. Hence the line of thinking. Please change your cycle.

8 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by hmbassey1960(m): 10:06am On Jul 09, 2017
I swear naija youth nah liability to the Government every youth wants to run and leave the country as if that country that they are going,like say manner they fall there or like say dem too no get youth,i just tire ahbi no be dem youth contribute to make dat country dem beta,abi nah our deveolpers dem do am?

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Lol. Bros No vex for me abeg. U kukun know from the bottom of your heart that im saying the truth grin

Besides the OP needs advice more than i do. Cause i have made up my mind already.

One thing i have learn in life is that Decisions have consequences either good or bad. And as a man u have to make ur decisions and face the damn consequences

Op will not be able to blame us if he finally travels and become a messanger in another mans land. Lol

Just playing around anyways. Im planning to visit the Dubai too. Late this year. To just see what the hype is all about.

Bros i greet u. Head full thinking dey.

Owehnor. Hope say i i spell am well.

I like bini ppl for the moral wey dem get shaa. My best friend na bini man

U all ranting about staying in Nigeria it's because d opportunity to travel to a better country like America or the UK or Canada has never presented itself on a platter of gold to u.
When someone offers u free visa to go to one of these countries, only then I will know how strong ur will is to remain in this hell hole called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by MansaMoussa: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2017
mmsen:

It's a lazy man's mindset, they want to enjoy the fruits of another man's labor - people who have often worked hard to engage their own political class to better the environment.

No political system or nation is perfect but Nigerians are too content with taking scraps at election time from senators, governors and local government officials who prefer to stash public funds than build/maintain the infrastructure that is needed. Then when you ask why the various communities/community groups don't do anything about it they'll tell you it's not their business. Gross stupidity.

So the European Destitutes who sailed with Columbus, Da Gama, Cortez, Park, Perry etc were lazy abi?
Migration is a fundamental part of Biology( yes, Even Animals migrate on their own to greener pastures-read the great wilderbeast migration) and it has nothing to do with laziness...Infact, only the Strong survive it...Ever wondered only Under-40s made it to Canaan under Joshua( and don't gimme that crap about the Rebellion in the Desert)

6 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by RELEASEUS: 10:11am On Jul 09, 2017
shervydman:

I don't just know why I dislike people that think travelling out of the country is an escape route.....heck, if u can't succeed in ur homeland, where else?
i'm not against them though......different strokes for different folks.
I am shocked at your question of where else? For skilled professionals? I tell you the where else plenty. What are you saying? Do you know howmuch a registered nurse earns in Qatar for example? Aside from expenses she or he can save 300,000 + naira a month. A civil Engineer here can save 1m naira a month in Qatar where I stay and work at the moment. So dont say where else. Except for those who gat no skill or education. Then I will understand your point. Where are the opportunities in Nigeria. The two professions I mentioned check in Nigeria how they are suffering. Who has skill can cut out if no job please.

6 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by cue64: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

All my male cousins had gone to Dubai. And we are all Graduates oo. And we even have up to 2-3 hand work each Take me for example. Im a certified Mobile and computer Engineer both hard and software. And also an Integrated plumber both domestic and industrial, also a graduate of Economic

To be sincere with u. I have not for a once envy their life over there. They have been asking me to come.

So i started thinking. Leaving my business where im my own boss. Leaving all my professions and become a security guard in another mans land doesnt seems like an upgrade to me. Though im not very bouyant here. But i know future is bright.

Most people out there are not that making it Most of them engage in illegal activities. Dont ever be carried away with those sweet pictures and selfies they take in fine places. Dont be decieved

people like you are the reason why Nigeria will always remain where it is,,, so after everything u said, u had to drag a tribe into it? Does that even make sense to you?

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2017
Ighoga898:

When someone offers u free visa to go to one of these countries, only then I will know how strong ur will is to remain in this hell hole called Nigeria.

Lol. U see your self. On the platter of gold. How many times does this opportunity shows itself.

Lol. Sit and keep waiting for this opportunity

Ppl are spending their life saving to get visa when they are suppose to do something meaningful here. Ofcause only that they dont see amything meaningful in here.

I wonder whose thinking is flawed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by BiafraIShere(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2017
There is no perfect answer for you without having some facts about you, it really depends on some factors. Are you married? Are you below 30years? Are you gainfully employed? Which countries do you have in mind etc. Though Nigeria is in tatters & a complete nightmare but you've to be very careful because any decision you take now would make or mar your future. When I left the university & there were no job around, I did everything I could to travel to the USA but my uncle there wasn't really interested in helping me out even when my family were willing to foot the expenses, but today, even if you give me a US visa for free, I WONT TAKE IT! Even in the midst of war and ruins, some people still make exploits.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mctowel01: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Forget it bro. Do they pick money on the floor there?

Or they serve free meal.

U this bini ppl self
Dont be ridiculous,..Nothing is free, even in freetown.. Dubai is a great place to visit... much more developed than Nigeria, calling it a hype is stupid.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by BamBella(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

You were actually making sense until you got to this point. You really sounded so dumb angry, you know that, don't you

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Bross talking about Abroad, If your abroad do not include the UK,US Canada forget it.you wont see settled people from these three countries complaining.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by doyinbaby(f): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Op,you must be insane.you voted in this disaster called buhari and think you re smart by planning to escape to a foreign country. that your plane will crash eve b4 taking off.nonsense.
it is bad to curse, why not bless

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2017
post=58274663:

There is a flaw in your thinking and forced to think you are a tout and thus have benin touts around you. Hence the line of thinking. Please change your cycle.

Lol. I have been through this road manytimes.

I have now decided to change route But im sure u know that im right about bini region and traveling outside the country
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2017
BamBella:

You were actually making sense until you got to this point. You really sounded so dumb angry, you know that, don't you

It does sound Dumb
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2017
vanbonattel:

Before I answer you, who did you vote as president in 2015 presidential election?

If you voted Buhari, you should not run away, stay here and suffer for your wrong choice.
so you believe PDp and Jonathan would be better. I see.
how small your brain is

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Lol. U see your self. On the platter of gold. How many times does this opportunity shows itself.

Lol. Sit and keep waiting for this opportunity

Ppl are spending their life saving to get visa when they are suppose to do something meaningful here. Ofcause only that they dont see amything meaningful in here.

I wonder whose thinking is flawed.
I asked that question hypothetically..
so answer it.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
BamBella:

Lol it seems there are many bini ppl on this forum.

Im really sorry i dont meam to paint u ppl like that. Infact i dont want to talk about it again. Pardon me. wink
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
mctowel01:

Dont be ridiculous,..Nothing is free, even in freetown.. Dubai is a great place to visit... much more developed than Nigeria, calling it a hype is stupid.
I think the person you quoted was referring to means of making endz meet as regard personal actualization,There is No JOB for you in Dubai visit tour yes hustle hmmm nahhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by vanbonattel: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
mikolo80:
so you believe PDp and Jonathan would be better. I see.
how small your brain is

Is the result not there for the blind to see?

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by loadedvibes: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
fbtowner:

Lol. I have been through this road manytimes.

I have now decided to change route But im sure u know that im right about bini region and traveling outside the country
Read what I wrote very well. Not all benin people think about travelling. You will find this travelling out to make it mentality among the touts

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Rilwayne001: 10:18am On Jul 09, 2017
vanbonattel:

So, let us talk about how some supposedly educated tribe were hoodwinked to vote an illiterate old washed out analog leader. Let's talk.

Didn't this same educated tribe voted a particular young literate supposedly vibrant leader in spite of the character you are referring to above? Was it not after when this young literate guy couldn't live up to expectations that this educated tribe turned their back on him?

And like I asked, would there have been any difference if Jonathan had been reelected?

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by hmbassey1960(m): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Ighoga898:

When someone offers u free visa to go to one of these countries, only then I will know how strong ur will is to remain in this hell hole called Nigeria
ewu.who make those country beta,no be her citizens? Dey here the put eye for another man house no make your beta,go and see how is over there nah dat u go no say abarod na name and na their citizens the devolop their country no be government,our own small tin government.go dey if you wan go

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by godquality: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Even getting a visa is not the biggest obstacle one will face when trying to travel out. What kind of visa? That's the million dollar question.

You mostly get a tourist visa and with this you can't even work in the country you go to. Also most countries gives visas that are valid for 3 months. So what will you do after this time?

Also when you travel out, be prepared to live a struggled life for at least 2-3 years before you can really settle down. Unless you are extremely lucky.

I do agree that not everybody that travel out is successful. But at least 50% are very successful, and an additional 20% are content. Compared to Nigeria where only 1% are successful, 10% content and the rest you know..

So traveling might be the best option depending on how old you are, how lucrative your Nigeria job is, how secured you feel in Nigeria and how much stress your body can take in terms of light, transportation, shelter, etc.

All this also depend on the country you intend to go. Am not taking about India, Singapore, Malaysia, Cyprus, Romania (you get the idea). Talking more about western Europe and USA.

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by londoner: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2017
mctowel01:

Quite a few people have called Dubai hype because if you're on holiday you will see the best of it but if you're living there without being paid very well you will see the underclass and how they live.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Ighoga898:

I asked that question hypothetically..
so answer it.

Of cause if those countries comes on a platter of gold. I would relocate. Me and you know its a one out of hundreds if not thousands
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 09, 2017
hmbassey1960:
ewu.who make those country beta,no be her citizens? Dey here the put eye for another man house no make your beta,go and see how is over there nah dat u go no say abarod na name and na their citizens the devolop their country no be government,our own small tin government.go dey if you wan go
fool can't u make ur point without insults?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mmsen: 10:20am On Jul 09, 2017
MansaMoussa:

So the European Destitutes who sailed with Columbus, Da Gama, Cortez, Park, Perry etc were lazy abi?
Migration is a fundamental part of Biology( yes, Even Animals migrate on their own to greener pastures-read the great wilderbeast migration) and it has nothing to do with laziness...Infact, only the Strong survive it...Ever wondered only Under-40s made it to Canaan under Joshua( and don't gimme that crap about the Rebellion in the Desert)

Yes, they were.

Even worse, they were murderers, thieves and robbers.

And if you believe in the nonsense written in the Bible then you are a fool. There were several literate groups in the Middle East at the time and none of them saw fit to record any of the nonsense written as fact in the book of Jewish fairytales.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Motorcyclists Smuggle People Across Ogun/Oyo, With N100 Bribe - Politics Nigeria / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms Starting From Today / Ada, A Victim Of The Umuahia-Okigwe Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.