Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37351 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nigeria is a great country, if you are suffering it's a pity open your eyes quit complaining, God will bless u

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by arena07: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

YOu should read again, u forgot the part where I said Cash in hand, and indeed £70 for most is after tax,I have been paying tax for the past 17 years i die? the tax paid by you and the millions of Nigerians are more than the tax I pay in the Uk, while I see my tax working, my kids going to Uk UNi and i do not have to pay nothing, what has your own tax got to offer you??
Do the maths again
well said

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Originalsly: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Im talking about the Uk thats all I know, I cant talk about those living in Asia.I will let our Asian brothers do that.
its better to restructure your question as knowledge seeking rather than an argument, you do not need me to answer that question you can google for howmuch a room cost to rent its there black and white.
Rent wise can cost as small as £10 a day if you do your maths well.I already gave a brief on over head, I summed up ones overhead to be £500 if you plan well and into that circle .
In PH my tenants pay me N450/year for 2 bed flat.The society in London is structured in a way that you only pay for waht you want not what you dont need,ie you do not need a car if you cant drive and park at work you do not need a big house if you live by yourself you cna just rent a room .No one cares, you dont need to show off to anyone but in Nigeria its a different case, you manner of talking thinking the way you live is IT not at all
And yes illegal get jobs fru Agencies, its very easy as ABC.
N450k/yr....2 bedroom flat...PH. Conversion. ... £1k. If you have a similar flat in London what would the rent be? This conversion issue is also something that misleads people.... like someone thinking about migrating thinking the rent would be pretty much the same in the country's equivalent currency. Again....how much would you charge for similar flat?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Originalsly:
N450k/yr....2 bedroom flat...PH. Conversion. ... £1k. If you have a similar flat in London what would the rent be? This conversion issue is also something that misleads people.... like someone thinking about migrating thinking the rent would be pretty much the same in the country's equivalent currency. Again....how much would you charge for similar flat?
This is why people with your mindset cant live in the west.You single man want to live in a two bedroom flat,WHY?whats wrong with renting a room in a flat and pay lesswho do you need to impress here? the queen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by no1madman(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross whats wrong with US and Canada? last I checked non of the Asian countries has a passport that can better your kids, prove me wrong plz
D guy no dey normal. .
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
no1madman:

D guy no dey normal. .
grin

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Originalsly: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

This is why people with your mindset cant livein the west.You single man want to live in a two bedroom flat,WHY?whats wrong with renting a room in a flat and pay lesswho do you need to impress here? the queen
It's not about being single and impressing anyone.... this is about cost of living. .. why are you evading the question? ... so quick to push out numbers on income.... but trying to dodge expenses. This is very unfair and misleading to those considering travelling abroad.... shouldn't you discuss both sides of the coin? ...let them see the pros and cons before making an informed decision?

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by saintandsinnerz: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
princetom1:

4k usd? Smh, how many people has 4k usd? Some people will turn that 4k u wasted into billions in few year in this Nigeria. There is nothing special in having another country green card
Mr man stop being myopic. How can you say he wasted 4k usd in getting an Australian permanent residency? Australia has one of the best standard of living in the world and you're calling their residency a waste? The 4k usd you're talking about how much is it in Nigeria money sef? It is not even up to 2 million naira. Which business will you even use that amount to make billions in few years as you said.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
boyo123:
Recently i have been under lots of pressure from friends and family asking me to try and get a visa to leave the country, but i have declined

i understand that things are not well organised in this country but travelling out to me is like putting yourself in an uncertain situation , you don't even know what to expect when you get there

The most annoying for me is the fear of being denied a visa again after trying some years back

I will prefer to rather put my money into a small business here in Nigeria no matter how small and try to grow from there

At least i know some people that have travelled out of the country for years and when ever they come back home they still cant afford a house of their own, they stay with relatives that has never even been to Ghana before

What is your opinion on these nairalanders

if you have already taken a side, then why ask this question? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
Originalsly:
It's not about being single and impressing anyone.... this is about cost of living. .. why are you evading the question? ... so quick to push out numbers on income.... but trying to dodge expenses. This is very unfair and misleading to those considering travelling abroad.... shouldn't you discuss both sides of the coin? ...let them see the pros and cons before making an informed decision?
REad back again, I already gave an over head estimate of £500 to £700, how is this hard to comprehend, or you think its too small, I guess you are factoring cost of accommodation for a 2bed flat which cost £1k min a month.
you can feed yourself with just £100/month, you can get rent for a room £350 to £400 all inclusive some clever dudes even know how to live rent free. and cycle to work say 6 miles to and 7 miles back so U dont pay for transport, and U earn £1800, this is what even cleaners earn so you can get a basic idea of what a man with no family can do for five years
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

Mr man stop being myopic. How can you say he wasted 4k usd in getting an Australian permanent residency? Australia has one of the best standard of living in the world and you're calling their residency a waste? The 4k usd you're talking about how much is it in Nigeria money sef? It is not even up to 2 million naira. Which business will you even use that amount to make billions in few years as you said.
You know some people N2m is like N50M grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
mmsen:

The conditions that lead to poverty are the same as elsewhere - there was a great deal of inequality which one would expect in societies that maintain monarchies.

Rather than hold their inconsiderate leadership to account they went to north America, Australasia or southern Africa to take another man's land. They wouldn't fight the people who made their lives hell in their own countries but would go to elsewhere to kill others. It is cowardice and laziness.

This anti west fellow again

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
godquality:
Even getting a visa is not the biggest obstacle one will face when trying to travel out. What kind of visa? That's the million dollar question.

You mostly get a tourist visa and with this you can't even work in the country you go to. Also most countries gives visas that are valid for 3 months. So what will you do after this time?

Also when you travel out, be prepared to live a struggled life for at least 2-3 years before you can really settle down. Unless you are extremely lucky.

I do agree that not everybody that travel out is successful. But at least 50% are very successful, and an additional 20% are content. Compared to Nigeria where only 1% are successful, 10% content and the rest you know..

So traveling might be the best option depending on how old you are, how lucrative your Nigeria job is, how secured you feel in Nigeria and how much stress your body can take in terms of light, transportation, shelter, etc.

All this also depend on the country you intend to go. Am not taking about India, Singapore, Malaysia, Cyprus, Romania (you get the idea). Talking more about western Europe and USA.
what abt Russia and Ukraine?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by cooltola(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
It is surprising that in a country lacking so much the.folks here instead of taking opportunity are taking continual informal holidays instead. Most folks who travel out for the first time telll me of one noticeable difference, the work ethic and the continual quest for excellence. I don't need to be in the midst of foreigners to do that. I do it here in Nigeria. If you do you will prosper automatically. Find what you can do and sink your life into it,you will make it.[/quote]

Nigerians are not lazy and you can believe we are the most hard working people on the face of the earth. Ask the bricklayers, conductors, market women , computer village guys, tailors, school teachers, medical professionals and others. The system is messed up where salaries are not paid on time or are owned, where light is not constant and businesses struggle to stay float and where opening a church seems like good business sense. There are Nigerians who work very hard and still earn little or nothing to show for it. All they need are opportunities to excel. Nigeria is just a country where the opportunities to excel are few and narrow.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kuzee23:
If you wish to make money legit my brothers.. kindly message me i will put you true on one sure and legit way.. God has really blessed us.. I m willing to teach you .. contact me and i will teach you.. do your research on bitcoin first... can you market it easily? if the answer is yes.. contact me asap and let make money together.. God bless Nigeria. God bless my Land... Amen...
ur contact pls
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
Willie2015:

Go to the Investment Section of Nairaland, search for the topic " Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts " Read from Page 1 to 2434... Start from there
kai......1to 2434 is too muvh

Plz sumariz
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Originalsly: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

REad back again, I already gave an over head estimate of £500 to £700, how is this hard to comprehend, or you think its too small, I guess you are factoring cost of accommodation for a 2bed flat which cost £1k min a month.
you can feed yourself with just £100/month, you can get rent for a room £350 to £400 all inclusive some clever dudes even know how to live rent free. and cycle to work say 6 miles to and 7 miles back so I dont pay for transport, and I earn £1800, this is what even cleaners earn so you can get a basic idea of waht a man with no family can do for five years
Thanks!.. £1k/mth minimum vs £1k/yr... for equivalent 2 bedroom flat. Again.... saying a single man can live on £500 to £700/mth ..... why not say how much would it will cost him to live similar life in Nigeria? Why just paint the rose bush blooming with roses and not not the thorns?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by partnerbiz4: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
RELEASEUS:
Dont say what you dont know without making research. As civil Engineer in Qatar, I and many colleagues from Kenya, South Africa, Europeans, America, Sudan and many more are doing very well here. If you are a skilled professional then you have no problem at all. I never in my life thought I will buy a brand new 2016 ride delivered on flat bed truck while in Nigeria. Medical is 100% free here even if its heart operation. So forget Canada, Us and UK.some of them are runing to the middle east. More so tax is zero here. So bros abeg boon the western world.

Arabic language?

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
ijoka:
OP, reading your story i have to ask myself that hope am not the one that wrote this in my subconsciousness​. i am also under pressure to get a visa and leave this country. I lost my job last year due to downsizing and i have tried some very small Businesses with what i had but at the end none is yielding, people owing me here and there. The economic environment is not friendly.

In all sincerity, i do not really keen about travelling out but what other options do i have left now, i am in my late thirty with a family and we all need to survive. The few companies that are employing make tougher their recruitment Process due to large, unprecedented number of people in the labour market, this make it a bit hard to get a job now. There is no hope in sight that things will get better any time soon.

Well, i am still trusting God on this before i take any decision.

Pls, as a fellow Nigerian, ensure you have your working permit before leaving Nigeria for another country...

Pls and pls, the suffering ll be too much to bear if you don't have papers

If anybody advise you against what i wrote here, that person is your enemy on earth and in heaven

Coming to western world without papers is like living in Nigeria without primary school certificate, no vocational skills, no eyes, no legs etc

Without papers, you ll be forced to do Drugs which might land you in prison for the next 10years...

Pls, stay back home or get a working permit.

You are welcome anytime to western world with your working permit but without it, your blood brother ll become your enemy in few weeks after your arrival

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
cooltola:

It is surprising that in a country lacking so much the.folks here instead of taking opportunity are taking continual informal holidays instead. Most folks who travel out for the first time telll me of one noticeable difference, the work ethic and the continual quest for excellence. I don't need to be in the midst of foreigners to do that. I do it here in Nigeria. If you do you will prosper automatically. Find what you can do and sink your life into it,you will make it.

Nigerians are not lazy and you can believe we are the most hard working people on the face of the earth. Ask the bricklayers, conductors, market women , computer village guys, tailors, school teachers, medical professionals and others. The system is messed up where salaries are not paid on time or are owned, where light is not constant and businesses struggle to stay float and where opening a church seems like good business sense. There are Nigerians who work very hard and still earn little or nothing to show for it. All they need are opportunities to excel. Nigeria is just a country where the opportunities to excel are few and narrow.

And western countries are where your lives as Nigerians ll be bleeped up so bad...

This is not 2001, this is 2017. Western world is completely different now.

Don't allow people to deceive you with ridiculous stories

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

He won't be able to make millions in Australia too...

With Nigeria, you might become a millionaire but in western world, it's a vicious circle of paying bills and taxes...

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Homeless where?
I k now people who do general labour on sites and they earn £8o daily Cash in hand,U can do the maths
You can feed yourself with £70 a month depends on what you want,your overhead can be £500 depends on how you wanna live.You can save £1000 monthly unskilled if you plan well.
Laast year November December, £ was N610, I know guys who took loans frm thier banks here to buy loads of properties in Nigeria.

Stop advising people wrongly

If they are coming with working permit, that is fine but without papers, your life ll be bleeped.

I challenge you here to post your Bank statement with your details being covered up and where you live, I ll drive down now and tell these people how your life is
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
noscarn91:

My brother travel , intact run if you have the opportunity, don't mind these bastard enemy of progress abroad,they don't want us to come over so they can enjoy alone.Dont listen to them.

Pls come and see for yourself

You ll realise that Nigeria is a paradise compare to what you gonna go through

If you are coming with a working permit, yes, here is better but without papers, chaiii!!! You ll suffer my brother

Proper suffering

You see those beggers you laugh at in Nigeria ll be better off..,

Don't try it, I am saying this cos I have seen what our brothers and sisters going through

Let me give you a clue, do you know how many Nigerians living in US or UK, Australia and Ireland? Millions but how many do you see in Nigeria during the holiday? Think about that...

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross do the needful, I did same after youth-service and I managed to save my kids the wahala of Nigeria and Africa in whole.DO not look back nor let dem deceive you if U get the opportunity Cut sharp sharp

I am still waiting for your response...
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

brove the ammount of money you can post working in teh UK for two years illegally might take you 30 years working unskilled i n NIgeria and this is fact, simple reason, £1= 462 today.U are more than welcomed to engage me more on this no problem

The suffering you be subjected to before making that £1 ll be unprecedented as an illegal immigrants

And if you are caught which almost certain, you are done.

There are over 30,000 Nigerians in Detention centres being detained as we discuss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mrjaz:
My brother if u r hungry and jobless please disappear from this country for its a total mess a mortuary attendant in overseas is better than a bank manager in naija besides who will employ u here? Who do you know? My brother run and come back in 2019............. see u in 2019.

Lol!!!

Come and see proper suffering

You ll know that Nigeria is a paradise when you finally get that Mortuary job and that's if you r not caught before then. If you are caught as illegal immigrants, you are done. You ll be back to where you left
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
Laple0541:
Not the only way, but one sure way (@ least 75% assurance) for anyone who knows what s/he is doing. I've had a strong belief in the project called "Naija go better" for quite some time, but the way things are going I doubt if this crop of leaders will ever let it be. Countries like US, Canada, Australia and other economically managed countries are not a bad idea, but please, DON'T BE TOO DESPERATE ABOUT TRAVELLING ABROAD, the over desperate applicants are not usually granted the chance.

Continue to believe in that project of naija go better

Those countries you mentioned is bleeped

If you dare go to these countries without working papers, you are done.

The suffering ll be far greater than what you have ever imagined
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by acorntree(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

where are u? and why are you discouraging people now?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Laple0541(m): 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

You are a todler.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
mctowel01:

Lol... where is your own billions? Or you don't even have up to 4kusd?

him papa wey get more than 4k dollars make him show us hin billions. maybe when you tell him his brain is an APP he will start using it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / Dangote Truck Kills 10 On Abuja Road After Colliding With Bus (Graphic Photos) / Amazing Pics: The Best 1st Class Airline Seats In The World Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.