Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue (20787 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by greatcrown: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
What's the essence of speaking in tongues when there's no one in the congregation capable of interpreting it( what's the purpose of the message if no one understands?
Before some persons start praying they've already started speaking in tongues... na so e easy? the Pentecostal tongue speaking when the early Christians were able to speak different languages... what happened to that kinda tongue speaking?

Speaking in tongues these days is nothing but make up...

I believe God still speaks through men, but 98% of tongue speaking these days is nothing but a show up.

I remember 3 years ago some pray warriors gather ontop my head... on top sey I must speak in tongues... The prayers lasted almost an hour, and nothing happens.
Tongue is a gift, you don't force it on people.

..............................Modified............
I don't joke with bible studies... cuz that's when I have opportunity to throw questions, i don't wanna practice Christianity just because I was born into a christian home...
I'm not really the Church favorite cuz of the questions I always throw on bible studies....a man once told me "Son! you need deliverance" I was like..."Sir, I need understanding, not deliverance".

I agree with you that you need understanding.
U may need to argument your knowledge/understanding level by getting books of preacher that are knowledgeable on the subject matter.

Most people that handle bible studies in churches are lazy and that is what is responsible for the response of the man you quoted.

On the gift of tongues, get Kenneth Hagins book on spiritual gifts if u have not read it.

May the Lord continue to increase you in the knowledge of his will, Amen.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by D1official: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
nairaman66:

Really? You and I know that those accents are faked!
Katabalamakatakabalemolotobosykentelibosokotolimbosulimakatala.
Deirs nothing fake abt tongues except for those dat form to speak,or for d churches that teach it, which is utterly condemned by God.
Tongue is a language, pure language ND by his grace m privileged to b engraced by it.
I can speak in tongues just like English, 24/7 of d day with different sounds ND assents (Just like English) except for d fact dat d spirit wouldn't let me cos it's nt meant for jokes(publicly).
Mind u deir re different kinds of tongues.
Tongues of men, tongues of angels, gifts of tongues.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by Nofuckgiven: 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Yes, Bit can dare it for 2-4 hours if their mouth will not be bleeding, as a result of tongue biting.

You think its fun to 'speak in tongues'? dare it for hours no break. by them your teeth must have give your tongue a lot of bleep smiley
I have done it many times and my tongue and teeth are still intact undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by GoodMuyis(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
I have done it many times and my tongue and teeth are still intact undecided
Pictures or I dont believe it
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by Nofuckgiven: 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Pictures or I dont believe it
Very funny undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2017
greatcrown:

I agree with you that you need understanding.
U may need to argument your knowledge/understanding level by getting books of preacher that are knowledgeable on the subject matter.

Most people that handle bible studies in churches are lazy and that is what is responsible for the response of the man you quoted.

On the gift of tongues, get Kenneth Hagins book on spiritual gifts if u have not read it.

May the Lord continue to increase you in the knowledge of his will, Amen.
Thanks sir, I appreciate.
Re: 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue by Kolanist(m): 12:42am On Feb 11, 2018
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17. There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues(1CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR(1CORINTHIANS 14:27-28). Every christian can PRAY in tongues(it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE)&all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\(this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism) but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1CORINTHIANS 12:10&30). If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear(ACTS 2:1-15).The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk ,this is what happened in Cornelius's house(ACTS 10:44-46). This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly .SPEAKING in tongues(without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers(any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter)(not all believers can do this) can be done in the church, there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Know This As A Christian Will Solve All Of Your Problems / PMB Will Win War Against Corruption – Kumuyi / RCCG Member Gives Birth 21 Years After Marriage After Holy Ghost Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.