Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money (43333 Views)

Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody / Mad Woman Killed By Ritualists In Ondo, Breasts And Eyes Removed. Graphic Photo / Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by bbbabes1: 10:24am On Jul 09, 2017
[img]https://4.bp..com/-hYsWxmWZMkU/WWGlQH3yDSI/AAAAAAAMy_E/1vo7tQe3748cJg6TQm0uEhh6z82awoQvgCLcBGAs/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A newlywed Nigerian woman, 45 year old Uloma Curry-Walker, who was accused of soliciting her firefighter husband's murder in order to collect $100,000 in insurance money has been convicted of aggravated murder. As God will have it, she wasted her husband's life for nothing because his ex-wife was still the beneficiary of his Insurance policy.

Uloma could receive life in prison without parole for the November 2013 murder of her late William Walker, whom she had married just four months prior.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-tYj6H6A21rU/WWGlSEfto4I/AAAAAAAMy_I/VqM7tbw0WVU9A6mn23c3Hc6ffkJxa1fpACLcBGAs/s400/1b.png.jpg[/img]
William Walker
Jurors deliberated for less than two hours before coming back with the verdict Friday,

Prosecutors said Uloma was way over her head after running up tens of thousands of dollars in debt when she asked her then-17-year-old daughter and her daughter's boyfriend to find someone to kill her husband so she could collect the insurance money.

According to court testimony, Uloma gave the boyfriend, Chad Padgett, a $1,000 down payment to carry out the murder. Padgett then contacted his cousin Chris Hein, who initially failed in his attempt to kill Walker. Hein then turned to Ryan Dorty to carry out the murder.

Prosecutors said Dorty ambushed Walker and shot him four times as he returned home from getting fast food that Uloma had ordered.
She and her husband were packing the night he was killed for a move to a house they had purchased outside Cleveland.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Ls5svJyNxxE/WWGlT30LptI/AAAAAAAMy_Q/DdHw4IUz0CMdAfT0JMK_OohFgrwgyqISACLcBGAs/s1600/1e.jpg[/img]
Chad Padgett
The daughter, Padgett, Hein and Dorty testified against Uloma at trial as part of plea deal for their roles in the murder conspiracy. Hein agreed to a sentence of 18 years to life; Padgett 28 years to life; and Dorty 23 years to life. Prosecutors agreed not to seek adult charges against Uloma's 17 year old daughter due to her age. They only sentenced her to a month in a juvenile detention center.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-5zeHsUAz4x4/WWGlcTyUEvI/AAAAAAAMy_U/A7CVT_edTpEO_YdVMnnlG0vJbWg-O_zfwCLcBGAs/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Chris Hein
The daughter testified at trial that her mother told her:

'No one would believe I would hire a bunch of kids to kill someone when I know people that could.' Uloma wrote a confession the day she surrendered to police that said she killed her husband because he was abusive.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-wPjQUma7q30/WWGldUhwx4I/AAAAAAAMy_Y/tFReYEz7ZUM6Mi3eI6ssGaiHs5U0c9nmwCLcBGAs/s1600/1a.jpg[/img]
Ryan Dorty

But a police investigation found that Uloma's plan to collect the Insurance money was futile because her late husband had not yet changed the beneficiary on the insurance policy from his ex-wife's name to Uloma's when he was killed, so it was the ex-wife who received the money, she so desperately wanted.

Sentencing for Uloma is scheduled for Aug. 8.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-XL0xghPBsqk/WWGlPegUkSI/AAAAAAAMy_A/Vb4M7SqzIeIWszhEt7SCaj8z2hUANL2nACLcBGAs/s1600/1a.jpg[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/07/nigerian-woman-killed-her-american.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by emamos: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2017
.bad
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by newyorks(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2017
Evil Uloma, Evil Woman. she's daft,greedy,uncontented,ingreat,illitrate.

her crime was not professional

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by CaptainGOOD: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Thats bad
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2017
God save me from a bad wife
A woman to his husband
That's bad of them

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by funlord(m): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Uloma?

Murdered her oga over insurance Ego?

Evans people? She must be one of the inyamiri abia made jews! Ipob kwenu! grin

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nutase: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2017
Please NCAN keep off this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by aleeyus(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
bbbabes1:
45 year old Uloma

Na wow for you Ipods

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin

When your role model is the old Patience Ozorkwor...

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by enemyofprogress: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
Na dem, her name is uloma a developer from biafra the capital of Malaysia

See as she resemble ajepako

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Elparaiso(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2017

Is the thread about getting money through illegal means?

I know one tribe like that sha. I G reatly B elieve O thers know them too.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
shocked

Nigerian women!!

Na their way... always after the money!!

Read this story first angry

http://topwritersden.com/memoir-sex-slave-hustle-survival/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Jetleeee: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
It's just another method of "development" in potor land. She only "exported" it

Potor people are really taking it global. That Abiama development project must be executed by the grace of Chuks Okike Onilapalapa

But Yorubas don't understand

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by H1N1: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
A Nigerian woman, Uloma Curry-Walker who was accused of soliciting her firefighter husband's murder in order to collect $100,000 in insurance money has been convicted of aggravated murder. A

Igbos!
Fear them! They will do anything for money! Both their males and females. An innocent Igbo is only still just an infant.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
See her ugly Jewish face
Heartless money loving Igbo bitch
The love of money is the root of all evil
I hope you rot in prison

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by devigblegble: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Fear women I repeat Fear women ok let those that have ear hear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by elog(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sorry o
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Na dem, her name is uloma a developer from biafra the capital of Malaysia

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Franchise21(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Women and their love for material things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by vecman222(m): 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Na dem.Evans and cownu people..

Criminals.....

Thunder strike all those criminals called Igbos grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by AngelicBeing: 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
sad angry
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by NicoBaba(m): 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
I see some NCAN storm loading.. m outta here
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobleking2000(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by abhosts(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
That is why it is bettter to put up with faults of spouse than seek divorce because there are no saints out there.

He left frying pan(his ex wife) but landed in fire.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Sharon6(f): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Awwwwhhhhh cry cry . I wonder how some people sleep at night. You kill your spouse cos of money that'll still finish someday... Hian!

GET all our products at 20% discount. CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by elhafeez(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
she is a developer. who are the developers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by imitateMe(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Why do Igbo Girls love money so much

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by imitateMe(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Why do Igbo Girls love money so much

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
I no go lie, I came to check the names

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money by helphelp: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Na dem sef

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Man For Resisting Abduction In Katsina (Photos) / 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect / Nigerian Policewoman Cries As Man She Arrested Drives Her To Unknown Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.