Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial (56639 Views)

US Court Jails Nigerian Hacker Obinna Obioha For $6.5m Fraud (photo) / Nigerian Woman Killed Her American Husband To Claim His Insurance Money / Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Glossyclick(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2016
Nigerian death row convict, Chijoke Stephen Obioha was executed in Singapore early this morning, after the Court of Appeal dismissed an Urgent Criminal Motion filed by his lawyer, Mr Joseph Chen, yesterday.

The Singapore Anti-Death Penalty Campaign member, Mr Ravi, who is assisting Mr Joseph with the research for the case, took to his Facebook page an hour ago to announce the news.

"This morning, at 6am, the execution of Chijioke Stephen Obioha took place. I am not even sure if his family from Nigeria were able to attend. Soon it will be all forgotten together with Chijioke’s name, but for the many of us who fight and campaign to eradicate this barbaric practice of death by hanging, and for those of us who challenge the mandatory death penalty for drug trafficking in Singapore, our work will go on. And it must."

"Update: I'm currently arranging with the Roman Catholic Prison Ministry ( RCPM) to claim the body of Chijioke from the Singapore Prisons Service for a proper funeral in accordance with his religious beliefs.The funeral will take place either today or tomorrow depending on how soon the SPS could release the body.
Will keep you posted"

Chijoke was first arrested in 2007 and sentenced to the Mandatory Death Penalty in 2008 after being found guilty of trafficking more than 2kg of Cannabis. His execution tomorrow will bring and end to possibly the longest delay between sentencing and execution. Chijoke has spent almost 8 years on death row and more than 9 years behind bars.

Source: http://www.glossyclick.com/2016/11/chijioke-obioha-has-been-executed-in.html?m=1

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by TwoBottles: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2016
R.I.P

Crime doesn't pay but it takes courage to do drug business. I won't condemn you because sometimes we do worst things to survive. Every dog has it's day and I guess you had your good days. Life is a gamble, you either lose or win. I'm not angry at you because I understand.

Rest on brother.

174 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by veekid(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016

RIP bro

8 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by herzernn: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016
My dear brother......

Chijioke means..."God I thank you" or something.....not sure tho....

I know you must have confessed your sins and seek repentance before your execution.....

I wish you a very perfect sleep.....

See you soon at the arms of Jesus Christ!......

#GoodBye

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Sinciddy: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Hmmm Rest in Peace. You died hustling. Be a good man in your next life and shun evil

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Every body enticed by wealth and rushing to make it big, not minding taking shortest means, illegal means... There would always be repercussions.. Now you want us to sympathize with you.. Present Nigerian youths are wiser #saveourbrothers over there, bring them back to work in farms grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Next2Bezee(m): 9:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Before all the Ncan flood the thread...

Its really sad to see the kind of risks some people will take in the pursuit of money.

Imagine, the guy was killed in another country without even being able to say goodbye to his family, worse they might not even know that the guy is dead and have no means of reaching him.

Is it worth it? No

Cannabis is the common weed that is smoked in oshobo anyhow but incurs a death penalty outside the country.

Morale of this story :- Don't do drugs whether u fall into the Afonja, Ipob Yoots & Boko brothers categories.

Rip.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by flyca: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Funny enough some people will never learn.

In our group chat this morning, "Nigerians in China" about 3 or 4 people were arguing about this. The first person shared the link and started the "stay away from drugs" kinda preaching. The other one started attacking him, dropping cliches like "all death na death", "every soul must die". The rest were taking sides. I can't even understand how this is debatable. I was reading and shaking my head.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Minus one embarassed

So Buhari's government could not build a case at least to contest the conviction.....useless government

If it were to be someone from the North, would he keep quiet? Nonsense

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by BCISLTD: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
angry my brothers and sisters..don't traffic drugs to Asia..your death is a sure thing...

I support the death penalty..I've seen 1st hand the effect of drugs...RIP Tuns

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by jeeqaa7(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Nwoke na ife !!! ... RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by kolnel: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Meanwhile some guys will still embark on that journey of no return today
I pity them
Chijioke has been on death roll since 2007
He has died many times over and over again

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by phransix2: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Sad end... God pls no matter how hard things would be drug trafficking shouldn't be any option for me pls!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by shammah1(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
May he rest in peace. cry
I wish other drug traffickers can repent to avoid this ending...

3 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by rabex123(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Nawa oh.

1 Like

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Firefire(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
Wasted destiny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
As we dey type RIP here, other youths from his region are currently enroute to Asia for the same purpose. Them like fast wealth, so i don't pity them when they get fast death. Useless idiots

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by prince985(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
i tried to put myself in his shoes yesterday after hearing of his execution to b held today
even after 8yrz in deathrow
nd itz just too fvckin painful embarassed
R.I.P

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by fulfillment2020(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
Hmm..people no dey hear word..RIP to the young man.

1 Like

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by grafixdon: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
God have mercy on your soul. RIP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Ada9103(f): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
cry
Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by jideflows(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
God no give me this kind money when i no fit enjoy... long life better pass...

2 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by chinology: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
Obioha? Is he from Imo state?

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by XaintJoel20: 9:38am On Nov 18, 2016
RIP
Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by kinnlive(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2016
it's a pity

1 Like

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by ezera(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2016
People must stay away from drugs in these regions. SIMPLE.

3 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Brendaniel: 9:39am On Nov 18, 2016
Igbos have not tackled their problems and they want Biafra, to me Biafra Is the least problem of the igbo man....

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by femoboy(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2016
RIP,dis shd serve as warning to our broda from d diaspora of drug addicted ethnic group.

4 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by katchagboro(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2016
Sinciddy:
Hmmm Rest in Peace. You died hustling. Be a hood man in your next life

Hustling in next life with cocaine abi?

5 Likes

Re: Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial by Mayflowa(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2016
This is sad especially for his family. Wait! Why would any body trade drugs in a country with maximum penalty of death? I guess he was past caring.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Detained Me For Not Having Messages On My Phone / Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) / Delta Police Impound Vehicles Of Robbers That Attacked The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.