Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? (13876 Views)

Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor / Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Truefaith: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
If the pastor is a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible, you can correct him. "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy". James 3:17. He will see it as trying to help him, yourself and the church.

If he is a businessman in charge of his investment, he won't take it kindly.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com has helpful materials and articles on how you can know who is serving the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible and who is a servant of the other master.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
lilmax:
Omo Babe you no get excuse.... don't kid yourself grin

I no longer care to know of your lies, keep it to yourself

Ok Barbarian. Only address me when you run out of the bush and become civilized. cool
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by femi4: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
doughziay:
I was invited to a church close to my hood and while I was less busy, I decided to attend service this Sunday morning. After the first part of the activities ( praise, worship and prayer) The pastor mounted the pulpit to minister.

He began with introducing the topic to be preached on an started his sermon. After the service, I met him to ask a few questions about what he preached that I wasn't comfortable about and coupled with the fact that he sounded unsure of some bible verses he quoted.

He said he is busy at the moment and directed me to the junior pastor to be attended to, while he was visibly not doing anything. May be he can't stand to be corrected by members . Nobody is infallible. we all make mistakes. I can attribute his flaws to lack of preparation prior to today.

My Question: Have you been able to correct a pastor before and what was his/her reaction?

if u haven't, what made you not do so?
But you have no proof that he wasn't busy. After services on Sundays, a lot of people do awaits Pastors for counseling.

BTW, correction should be done in love and the manners of approach matters
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
95% of Nigerian pastors are fake and arrogant full of. Pride
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
95% of pastors are fake in nigeria
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Originalsly: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
lovelygurl:
What people fail to understand is, pastor are humans too. They are capable of making mistakes
What mistake?....preaching something that is not right?...or mistake of not making time to listen to OP?
@Op.... the guy probably dived in the Bible earlier today and preached on whatever verses he happened to see. Why would he entertain questions or discussion on matter he knows very little about?.... con men are not stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by paulpery: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Pastor are small god, they are not Christians but preach Christ go and read the Bible your sef period
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Lizy100: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
doughziay:
I was invited to a church close to my hood and while I was less busy, I decided to attend service this Sunday morning. After the first part of the activities ( praise, worship and prayer) The pastor mounted the pulpit to minister.

He began with introducing the topic to be preached on an started his sermon. After the service, I met him to ask a few questions about what he preached that I wasn't comfortable about and coupled with the fact that he sounded unsure of some bible verses he quoted.

He said he is busy at the moment and directed me to the junior pastor to be attended to, while he was visibly not doing anything. May be he can't stand to be corrected by members . Nobody is infallible. we all make mistakes. I can attribute his flaws to lack of preparation prior to today.

My Question: Have you been able to correct a pastor before and what was his/her reaction?

You na real Gabriele Union for movie: deliver us from Eva.
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
doughziay:

It's simple. That pastor tried to dodge the question by directing you to the assistant pastor but it boils down to the person in charge and the way you put it to him.
I have encountered some pastors and we discuss what they preach that we argue maturely without quarrel. So I suspect you were just blunt without applying wisdom.
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Boyooosa(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
@OP, 1, WHAT WAS YOUR QUESTION? 2, IS HE A PASTOR OR A PROPHET?
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Originalsly:
What mistake?....preaching something that is not right?...or mistake of not making time to listen to OP?
@Op.... the guy probably dived in the Bible earlier today and preached on whatever verses he happened to see. Why would he entertain questions or discussion on matter he knows very little about?.... con men are not stupid.

Your point is undecided
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Epositive(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
lovelygurl:

You are fool. Your pastor is as human as you. God doesn't love him more than you and if he's wrong you correct him! Definitely not only in form of questions though undecided

happy now? cheesy BYE!
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
DeSepiero:
People 'switch off' their brains in church so pastors ain't used to answering intelligent questions.
Chairman

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by mmsen: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
seunny4lif:
Becos he knows better than anybody according to him

Pastors are just like Gboyz and Politicians

They are worse than those two because pastors claim to speak for a fictional entity.
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by mmsen: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
lovelygurl:

Your point is undecided

The entire church spectacle is a fraud.

The reason people go to church is to see and be seen and to pay the pastor for being the master of ceremonies. They do not go with the intent of using their idle brains.

That is why church business is so profitable. You stand before hundreds of people, talk garbage and then pass the collection plate around three or four times and no one will challenge you because it's all a part of the charade.
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by doughziay: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Dindondin:
What kinda questions did you ask him

While preaching, he said all human beings have a ministering angel and that angel can be male or Female. He said the angels does anything he/she sees us doing with us.

Even if u are in the toilet, the angel also is defecating too. The angel eats, play etc.

I just tire.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Tobium1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
What question did you ask him

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by seunny4lif(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
cool
mmsen:

They are worse than those two because pastors claim to speak for a fictional entity.
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
mmsen:

The entire church spectacle is a fraud.

The reason people go to church is to see and be seen and to pay the pastor for being the master of ceremonies. They do not go with the intent of using their idle brains.

That is why church business is so profitable. You stand before hundreds of people, talk garbage and then pass the collection plate around three or four times and no one will challenge you because it's all a part of the charade.

And did I say otherwise. I know that, now go and look for someone else that's not of your opinion to argue with. Obviously that's what you are looking for
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by codenameSTYNO(m): 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
I invite you to Christ Embassy to hear God's Word undiluted
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Kingpee2(m): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
You didn't state the question you asked ,besides if I was a pastor and your question seems to sound like someone that came to whine me I would gladly direct an usher to you ,something in me tells me that you prolly asked a question that didn't seem to be nice for someone to ever answer .Just saying
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by NigerianScholar: 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
doughziay:

No. I havent. Reason being that most pastors have these superiority complex and are condescending

A pastor once said that listening to secular music will give your kids all those weird two heads diseases
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by NigerianScholar: 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kingpee2:
You didn't state the question you asked ,besides if I was a pastor and your question seems to sound like someone that came to whine me I would gladly direct an usher to you ,something in me tells me that you prolly asked a question that didn't seem to be nice for someone to ever answer .Just saying

If a responsible person sees a question is intended to whine. Hell answer logically at first though. Based on whar the op said. The pastor dodged the question
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by fm001(m): 12:10am On Jul 10, 2017
doughziay:

My brother....hope you follow the scriptural ordinance in your manner of passing corrections to the man of God. You need to take a look at what the scripture says as regards correcting an elder in the book of 1 Timothy 5: 1 - " Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brothers" GOD BLESS US
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Kingpee2(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2017
NigerianScholar:

If a responsible person sees a question is intended to whine. Hell answer logically at first though. Based on whar the op said. The pastor dodged the question
im glad you said based on. What he said ,I was not there and you were not there either .

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Some pastors that u end up correcting can lead to the pastor cursing u. It is what i have seen
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Dindondin(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2017
doughziay:

While preaching, he said all human beings have a ministering angel and that angel can be male or Female. He said the angels does anything he/she sees us doing with us.

Even if u are in the toilet, the angel also is defecating too. The angel eats, play etc.

I just tire.
Maybe he s referring to guardian Angel
Re: Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? by Mcy56(f): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2017
There's nothing wrong in correcting a Pastor but the manner of approach, timing and mindset is very important in going about this so it doesnt look as if you are playing down on their knowledge and maybe deliberately trying to see flaws. I do not dispute the fact that some may be too arrogant to accept correction.

I've corrected my Pastor before through text messages, I did this in order to be able to hit the nail on the head and in order to avoid agreeing to whatever explanation he might have which might be contrary to what I believe and I'm sure the verse is saying if asked in person. Either he takes it or not (or study deeper to understand the true meaning of the verse) is of less concern to me after that, at least I already passed the message across to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / Seven Books Of Moses / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.