Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. (58619 Views)

Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by larrypourl(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
You see why I won't return d money grin but this treatment isn't fair at all. Please pay d family up and withdraw your quarry.

Click below for quality loafers.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by SycophanticGoat: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
lofty900:
Yahaya Bello is the second worst governor in Nigeria after benue. After owing ur workers for months and u see someone who returned excess, now you're putting her salary on hold. You think it's easy to return money in this recession ur party put Nigerians in?

Where is Okorocha in the scheme of things? Well, I guess he will manage 3rd position.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Realret70: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
Priscy01:
Mrs Husseina Mohammed, a civil servant in kogi state, has been issued with a query by the state government, for allegedly misinforming the public about the excess salary mistakenly paid into her account. .

The sanction is reportedly coming through the instruction given by the State Auditor General, Alhaji Yusuf Okala, who noted that Mrs Mohammed misinformed the public that she had returned the money to the state treasury even when she did not received any alert to confirm such transactions. .

The Auditor General explained that the officer only returned N1.6M on 3rd July, 2017, out of the N1.8M she claimed to have returned, saying “the information has caused confussion in the system”. .said Drinosblog reporters

He also directed that her salary be put on hold over the wrong information she gave the committee. Meanwhile, the family of Mrs Mohammed have expressed their disappointment, insisting that the allegation against her has brought disgrace to the family. .

It was also gathered from a close family source that Mrs Mohammed has been barred from speaking to the press or risk further punishment from the government. .

It was also learnt from a family source that, the said money was paid to the state coffers, but were surprised that weeks later, the cashier who performed the transaction failed to confirm that a particular digit was missing in the account number which the money was paid in. .

According to Drinosblog reporters, "The husband has not been paid for more than 15 months yet they were honest. This family barely feed three square meal just because of the harsh economy and the non payment of salary in kogi state. Are we supposed to blame them or blame the cashier?

The government should also blame their personnel for this defects instead of suffering an innocent soul when she made the state proud. It is unfortunate that they are getting this at this time instead of being honoured for their honesty.

Going by what is happening, if something of such happens again, people will be scared to come out and return such money because they don’t want to be disgraced," the family source stated. Drinosblog Reports.

Source; http://drinosblog..is/2017/07/lady-who-returned-n18m-mistakenly-paid.html

I thought it's the officers that are responsible for the mistake that shoykd be quiried?

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Nigeriadondie: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
How can u direct that her salary be put on hold when she is being owed salaries for previous months that is due to her?
Can someone tell me if d salaries of those useless politicians have ever being withheld even for a month?

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by duyadominic: 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
"If you tell the truth, you will die and if you tell lies, you will still die. I have rather chosen to tell the truth and die" (Sen. Dino Melaye). Sincerely speaking, Yahaya Bello is the true grand Patron of disorderliness and a cycle peg in a square hole. But it won't take long.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by titusenes: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
I swear if na my mother i'll never allow her try dis in dis hard time
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Pheals(f): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Tedassie:
Heaven will fall on you?
heaven can't fall...
zuma rock ✊fall on u!
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Tedassie(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Pheals:
heaven can't fall...
zuma rock ✊fall on u!
edakun,av messi
cheesy
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by smileyoo: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nigeria. what a strange country, punishing the good hearts while embrassing the evil ones.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ExInferis(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Moral of the story:

Keep the damn money.

Cos you're gonna be hung out to dry anyway.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by papaejima1: 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I still don't understand the ruse here.

Is it that she claimed 1.8m was paid into her account or it was actually paid into her acc?

But the ag also claimed she had returned 1.6m na.

Or is it the seemingly balance of 200k that is the problem?

My suspicion is that this woman unknowingly & innocently bursted a plan to divert the said amount by some thieving ogas and she is to pay for that "sin".

And rather than taking his time to address this and many other injustices taking tolls on Kogi state poor civil servants, that donkey sitting on a stolen mandate is busy flexing muscles with a senator who is very unlikely going to ever get poor, at least not in this life.

Funny enough, these are the so-called youths some dry heads are craving for in the business of public governance. Smh
It's popular civil service scam.
They deliberately pay money into the acct of a lowly worker "accidentally".
Then later they call the staff and inform her that payment was made in error and then give her a bank acct to pay the money into.
That way they get their loots.

They do it to several staff same time and make huge money.
Their anger is that the woman returned it to govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
bbm2016:
Do good na hell

Do bad they go praise you

Nigeria don tire me
you've spoken well. I remember working for this woman, all my goodness was treated with disdain... Na hin I told myself why do good when u wouldn't be appreciated. This country tire me.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by LionDeLeo: 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
papaejima1:

It's popular civil service scam.
They deliberately pay money into the acct of a lowly worker "accidentally".
Then later they call the staff and inform her that payment was made in error and then give her a bank acct to pay the money into.
That way they get their loots.

They do it to several staff same time and make huge money.
Their anger is that the woman returned it to govt.
My point exactly. You put it more graphically.

Thumb up.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by wtfcoded: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
Her face be like wetin I go like slap angry
Honesty my ass undecided
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by GistFullGround: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
Maybe she deducted what the Kogi State is owing her and returned the balance.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Perezino: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kogi pple can be funny in their thinking at times. What are the pple doing till the woman got queried? Later,dem go say God will help wen God has already given u all the help(brain to think ) we ever need.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by truehero(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2017

Is it that she claimed 1.8m was paid into her account or it was actually paid into her acc?

My suspicion is that this woman unknowingly & innocently bursted a plan to divert the said amount by some thieving ogas and she is to pay for that "sin".

And rather than taking his time to address this and many other injustices taking tolls on Kogi state poor civil servants, that donkey sitting on a stolen mandate is busy flexing muscles with a senator who is very unlikely going to ever get poor, at least not in this life.

Funny enough, these are the so-called youths some dry heads are craving for in the business of public governance. Smh.

My brother the youths are washed to zero level. Kogi is indeed a wonderland.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by transient123(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Maybe she deducted the almost one year salary she was being owned.

Just thinking aloud.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by homesteady(m): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
I really felt like vomiting after reading this news! It's so saddening!
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by kaypower1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
it will never be well with yaya idiot bello, chief of staff, and d useless men there, una no go die beta, ur days are numbered, all dia supporters bring it on, i dey festac town.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by bladeAnders(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
lofty900:
Yahaya Bello is the second worst governor in Nigeria after benue. After owing ur workers for months and u see someone who returned excess, now you're putting her salary on hold. You think it's easy to return money in this recession ur party put Nigerians in?
u dont know wat u re talking about.. yahaya bello of Kogi State is the worst annoying Governor In the history of Nigeria..Ortom is better
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by bladeAnders(m): 11:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal
and honest…” Where? In a place where the only
loyalty is to money and dishonesty is encouraged and
thrives unchecked?

To serve Nigeria with all my
strength…? Why? So that a small percentage can
continue to exist in obscene wealth and comfort
while the majority wallow in abject poverty

To defend her unity…” Our unity has been polarised
by socio-political issues that have taken on, and
divided us along religious and ethnic lines.

To uphold
her honour and glory…”For what? We dishonour
ourselves and drag our glory in the mud on a daily
basis both home and away.

It’s hard to love this country right now Once again we suffer a painful consequence of years
of corruption, greed and neglect of ‘leaders’ and the
complacency of the ‘led’.

May we one day awake
from this deep and terrible slumber so help us God!
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by yongg: 1:31am On Jul 10, 2017
bbm2016:
Do good na hell

Do bad they go praise you

Nigeria don tire me

Yes, sadly...

You're damned if you do; You're damned if you don't

I don't know of any other country (preferably developed) which owes its civil workers 15 month salary. Nevertheless, It doesn't make it right if there is such a country.

In the UK one is paid per week.

I keep on imagining how I would survive if I am to take up such a job in a service where I am owed 1 year and 3 month salary.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ddeola: 1:39am On Jul 10, 2017
CORRUPT civil servants ! I dey sure say na dem and dier oga wan chop d excess money but unfortunately paid into the innocent woman's account.

WHY IS KOGI STATE GOVT PURNISHING A WOMAN FOR REFUNDING ILLEGAL MONEY ? Instead of going after the ghost workers payers. Am sure they planned to contact her later to get the kickback. yeye pple. undecided undecided undecided yinmu

Naija ! grin grin grin
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by yongg: 1:41am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
How can u direct that her salary be put on hold when she is being owed salaries for previous months that is due to her?
Can someone tell me if d salaries of those useless politicians have ever being withheld even for a month?

They have no moral probably ethical justification for the hold on her payments. This is just saddening and a good moral killer.

These guys keep encouraging moral decadence on a daily..

Giving amnesty to looters of public/government funds....
checked

Getting a backlash, query and payment suspension after month of salary arrears for an over payment which was clearly not your doing....
checked

If only there were motivation to boost good acts and morals like these guys are killing it with innovative bad ideas
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Ahmeduana(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Funny enough, these are the so-called youths some dry heads are craving for in the business of public governance. Smh
YOU DON'T GET THE DRILL BA? THE WOMAN TAKES STYLE REMOVE ARE OUTSTANDING SALARIES BEFORE RETURNING THE REMAINING MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT COFFER!
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ceaser: 6:19am On Jul 10, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
she would have pocket the money and pretend as if nothing happened... we have clown as leaders, God answers people in many mysterious unexpected way , he can pick ur call in bad unmerited way just take the moment bcuz opportunity never come twice

This is not a new method of looting in the civil service. It is a way employed in the accountant general office of the states. The officer that "mistakenly" posted that money will later get in touch with the owner of that account with hope of raking back the money. He will be willing to part with a percentage of the diversion as a payment to the account owner for "her services".

I have seen two cases with similar MO, one in the state civil service and the other in the federal civil service, so I ain't theorizing.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Pylony(m): 6:26am On Jul 10, 2017
Honesty does not pay in this part of the world see how the government want to cover up a mistake from it's side by blaming the poor woman who's husband has not being paid his salary for good 15 months, chaii Kogi is on a long thing.
If she return 1.6million Naira it shows that she is worthy of praise, or how many politicians have ever return a drop of what the stole in this country willingly?
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ceaser: 6:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Justiceleague1:
They fed fine during gej's tenure but now cannot afford 3square meals....also the husband is owed 15mths salary,which began roughly in the month of April, 2016,roughly 10 mths after the psy vegetable took over....and they certainly must've voted for the èfò riro..
So,they,sai babarians,shud enjoy their change/chanji,shikena grin

Hello. This post is about a honest Kogi woman and the ineptness of a governor overseeing a corrupt civil service.

Are you trying to comment on some other topics on 2015 elections and the various mismanagements that led up to and prompted the electorates' voting pattern in the said election? Perhaps a search thru the archives will bring up something potent enough to gloat on.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Justiceleague1: 6:47am On Jul 10, 2017
ceaser:

Hello. This post is about a honest Kogi woman and the ineptness of a governor overseeing a corrupt civil service.

Are you trying to comment on some other topics on 2015 elections and the various mismanagements that led up to and prompted the electorates' voting pattern in the said election? Perhaps a search thru the archives will bring up something potent enough to gloat on.

Ogogoro @0600hrs grin
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by iamrealdeji(m): 7:43am On Jul 10, 2017
Sahara reporters,your attention is needed. dig deep into this matter and feed us with the facts you arrive at,bust these criminal politicians.
the Kogi state governor is a disgrace like Dino and they want to punish this honest woman for being honest because of their evil plans to loot.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2017
ceaser:

This is not a new method of looting in the civil service. It is a way employed in the accountant general office of the states. The officer that "mistakenly" posted that money will later get in touch with the owner of that account with hope of raking back the money. He will be willing to part with a percentage of the diversion as a payment to the account owner for "her services".

I have seen two cases with similar MO, one in the state civil service and the other in the federal civil service, so I ain't theorizing.
then who are u trying to blame , the poor woman that returned the money , or the incompetent government that failed to pay the civil servants

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria / Busola Tejumola: Is She The Most Beautiful Executive Manager In Nigeria? / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.