Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Married To A Man Based Abroad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married To A Man Based Abroad (4441 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) / Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by byvan03: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
You need to have your own goals and start working towards them. There is no cure for your loneliness but atleast add value to yourself while waiting for whatever you are waiting for .

3 Likes

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Amhappy:
Pressure him to establish something here and relocate or relocate to another country where he think is okay to raise children. There should be a fast plan to come together if marital fidelity will stand. Body no be firewood. Meanwhile start a business that takes a lot of your time.

Pressure will backfire.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
mira24:
I love my husband so much,he is exactly d kind of man I hv prayed for,he is really my missing rib,but d problem now is ,he is based abroad leaving me behind three months after our wedding, I know he doesn't hv plans of taking abroad wth him at d initial time,cause he said he doesn't like d country to raise his family there,but d truth is ,am lonely. Am alone in d whole house no one to talk to nothing ,I would just roll up n down my bed,feeling him almost evrynight,n wishing he comes back very soon.pls any wth my kind of predicaments n how hv u been handling it,matured advice pls wink

First of all, I am sure you are not lonely. Don't you have other people you love? Appreciate them!
And saying that you have nobody to talk to is not true either, right? Have you guys no phones?

The problem is the way you look at things, not his absence.
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
EfemenaXY:

@ op are you trolling?

Barely 9 months ago you were desperate to get into a relationship due to your low self esteem issues. https://www.nairaland.com/3377486/eating-self-esteem-away-need

Now you say you've been married for 3 months. So when (if at all), did you date this man to understand him? Do you even know what you've gotten yourself into? And you're just 24.

What was the rush if you don't mind my asking? Or you saw "abroad" and decided to jump feet first?

Well, good luck.

Special Agent EfemenaXY cool cheesy
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by tuscani: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
I think the best thing is to know how soon he plans to bring you along, at least you can have something you are hoping for
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Im also the abroad husband. See, you better speak some sense into your husbands head. Long distance marriage is a No No. It's better to be in Nigeria and have a managing family than to be hoping for an husband abroad that may get tempted to marry oyinbo wen immigration pressure comes along. I dont know why people will leave their family for so long and be looking for greener pastures up and down abroad. It makes absoulutely no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by goodness11: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Abroad rship is difficult but not everyone here cheats.
I know some one who has been here for 4 1/2 years and has been 100% faithful but has only visited home twice.
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2017
goodness11:
Abroad rship is difficult but not everyone here cheats.
I know some one who has been here for 4 1/2 years and has been 100% faithful but has only visited home twice.

Unless that person is you, then you don't know anything.

4 Likes

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by EfemenaXY: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mindfulness:

Special Agent EfemenaXY cool cheesy

Lol! Good day to you too. How're you?

Been looking around for you kiss kiss
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mrwonlasewonie: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
EfemenaXY:

efe baby.how you dey? cheesy

Long time no see.hope the ministry is getting prosperous? cheesy

Abeg buy me fine Camry when you dey come naija o.you know say rain too much and fine woman like me no fit swim Inside dirty water go work

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by seunlara(f): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
Am in your shoes as well. The only difference is that I will be going abroad with him but not anytime soon cos of the visa processing period. I get rid of boredom by watching movies, visiting parents and my in laws. But in your own case I think you should get a job. How often does your husband come home?

1 Like

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by EfemenaXY: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
efe baby.how you dey? cheesy

Long time no see.hope the ministry is getting prosperous? cheesy

Abeg buy me fine Camry when you dey come naija o.you know say rain too much and fine woman like me no fit swim Inside dirty water go work

Lol!

Camry no go help in that flood. Na yatch you suppose ask for. grin

I'm good oh! You nko? smiley
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by armyofone(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Op,
The wait period will be about 5 to 10 years. You should hang in there as long as you are eating ( sending you hard earned $$)
smh
Again, it's what you get when parents have many children...they see the other person as a meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
EfemenaXY:

I am good sis, what about you? kiss kiss
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by thorpido(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
mira24:
hmmmm,it's 9 month not enough time to meet,date n get married to someone!I know exactly wat am doing, a rather marry an abroad based man,than marry someone u cn barely put food on d table based in dis country .....
Hmmm,guess you laid your bed already.
Well since you know exactly what you are doing,it shouldn't be hard for you to deal with this present conundrum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mrwonlasewonie: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

Camry no go help in that flood. Na yatch you suppose ask for. grin

I'm good oh! You nko? smiley

lol.I'm good. cheesy

oya buy me yatch cheesy

The one that will have driver,outside space for male stripers, another place that I will be in my lounge and tearing fried chicken laps and drinking whisky then Whitney Houston will be playing at the background

Another room will have spa where I can go for body massage cheesy

That's all cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by EfemenaXY: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
lol.I'm good. cheesy

oya buy me yatch cheesy

The one that will have driver,outside space for male stripers, another place that I will be in my lounge and tearing fried chicken laps and drinking whisky then Whitney Houston will be playing at the background

Another room will have spa where I can go for body massage cheesy

That's all cheesy

Izzz dat all?

#rolls eyes#

Your standards don dey drop oh! cheesy

Since when have you become female? angry
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by EfemenaXY: 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mindfulness:

I am good sis, what about you? kiss kiss

Just kicking cheesy

And procrastinating again #wails#
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mrwonlasewonie: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Izzz dat all?

#rolls eyes#

Your standards don dey drop oh! cheesy

Since when have you become female? angry

cheesy

Yes that's all for now cheesy

Meanwhile I'm still female na.it's SAMBARRY you know wink

I've not changed my gender cheesy
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by EfemenaXY: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
cheesy

Yes that's all for now cheesy

Meanwhile I'm still female na.it's SAMBARRY you know wink

I've not changed my gender cheesy

Oh! My bad cheesy

But this your name come resemble another one

1 Like

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
armyofone:
Op,
The wait period will be about 5 to 10 years. You should hang in there as long as you are eating ( sending you hard earned $$)
smh
Again, it's what you get when parents have many children...they see the other person as a meal ticket.
Why does it take that long though?

My husband was here and I was in Nigeria after we got married. I got my permanent residence (green card) in 8 months.

I've always read of people waiting years and years to just get a visa and I don't understand it.
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
mira24:
hmmmm,it's 9 month not enough time to meet,date n get married to someone!I know exactly wat am doing, a rather marry an abroad based man,than marry someone u cn barely put food on d table based in dis country .....

na waa oo!!!
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mrwonlasewonie: 4:47am On Jul 12, 2017
grin
EfemenaXY:

Oh! My bad cheesy

But this your name come resemble another one
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mira24(f): 4:53am On Jul 12, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
grin
hmmm derailer countinue
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by mrwonlasewonie: 4:55am On Jul 12, 2017
wink
mira24:
hmmm derailer countinue
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 12, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I believe this. I know 2 men who dumped their wives on their family and moved abroad. They have no plans of being with these women. It was just to have a wife and child at home. I have a friend who is planning to do the same. He is planning to go home, get married and get the women to do IVF. He has no plans of her ever living with him. He's not even planning to send much money. His idea is to set her up a shop to care for his children. shocked I hope this is not the fate of the poster.

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 12, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I only saw one person who tried to bash you. Everyone else gave advice. If I sound discouraging, I apologize. However I truly hope you don't experience what I have seen. I'm "abroad" and I don't know any man in your husband's situation that doesn't have another woman. I hope your case is different.

Do you live in iceland?
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Sarang(f): 6:28am On Jul 12, 2017
lilmax:
Smh, so what's on your mind is sex? when he comes back tell him to divorce you

what nonsense

And it is wrong for her to think about sex as a married woman?

Even from the days of old, two married people were meant to live together..nothing else

6 Likes

Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Just kicking cheesy

And procrastinating again #wails#

You, ehn. grin cheesy
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by phillippians(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
ifyalways:
Sorry o.

All through the courtship, you couldn't get a visit visa to visit him and see things for yourself and know his true status "abroad" ?

Nne, just hustle a visit visa now, travel and see, then decide if he's worth waiting for, how to do the waiting or better still know if it's time to move on.
Haha that's harsh! We are talking about a husband here and not some random boyfriend, I know it's not easy sexually but if I was a girl, as long as he's sending money for me to spend, everything else is okay by me, provided am not lacking, most women cheats 95% from lack of funds or inadequate access to money for children upkeep, especially in situations like this
Re: Married To A Man Based Abroad by ojuu4u(m): 6:46am On Oct 08, 2019
mira24:
I only came for advice to help my predicament, but all I see here is bashing,my husband isn't a bad man,he has me 100 percent at heart.D reason y he had to travel out is to get a greener pasture ,nothing is happening in this country so he just had to leave ...I am not abandoned. ..I just needed advice on wat n wat i cn be doing to kill boredom until he returns. .
Why seeking advice since you know he is good man and that he has you at heart? You want us to encourage you to involve in immorality / infidelity? Definitely you will end up there. Your husband believe oyinbo land not good to raise family but she is good enough for greener pasture. Tell me can he swear he hadn't been cheating since he left you?
The 3 main reasons why one marries are COMPANIONSHIP, SEX and KIDS, which one do you have/enjoy there? Madam to me you pressurize your hubby for you to relocate or vice versa or you do needful.

NB. Is Nigeria not corrupt to raise family too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore And She Doesn't Want Divorce / How Do I Make People Stop Addressing Me This Way? / What Position Are You In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.