Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) (18217 Views)

CI / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2017
xaviercasmir:

nollywood will not be able to shoot the film in diffrent locations that are mentioned in the story. And they will not sit down and organize the story before shooting it.

that's what I mean by desire affects, there is many hills around , and mountains, to create imst from, as well many ghettos to create the slum for the safe house,

the materials are available , but the manpower and wills to do it is. Lacking, cost of cost and pirates
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by xaviercasmir(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
do4luv14:

that's what I mean by desire affects, there is many hills around , and mountains, to create imst from, as well many ghettos to create the slum for the safe house,

the materials are available , but the manpower and wills to do it is. Lacking, cost of cost and pirates
true word my brother
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
xaviercasmir:
My guy Hollywood should buy this story oooo. Keep it up

Thanks bro. I wish they would.
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
They crawled across the floor in the darkness amidst the splinters of glasses and woods from the richocheting bullets, till they approched the back door (which was directly facing the woods). And they opened the door running outside, while Gerald led them to a wooden shed, not far from the house. Once they had reached the wooden shed, Gerald opened the latch to a bunker, raising the lid, and Somto and Talia quickly stepped in as they could now hear the shots fire in their direction. Quickly, Gerald made to close the lid to the bunker but Talia held it back.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Don't worry about me, I'll hold them off", rasped Gerald. "You'll see the capsules in a wall cabinet down there. The cabinet is also a false door. Just move it aside and follow the tunnel. It'll lead you straight to the centre of the woods". And he jammed the lid close. Instantly, the sound of his winchester could be heard as he began to return the shots of the attackers.

Following Gerald's directive, Somto and Talia located the cabinet and they carefully took out the glassy emerald weapons which they placed in Talia's monostrap bag. Hurriedly, they moved the cabinet aside and came face to face with a dark winding tunnel. Without wasting time, they stepped forward into the tunnel with the beams from their torch lights illuminating their way as they scurried ahead, coming in contact with thick cobwebs which they slashed through with their sharp blades.

"We have to get to the extraction point as soon as possible", Somto rasped. "Contact our exfil".

And Talia brought out her radio receiver and spoke into it: "Alpha...Alpha, this is Bravo team. Requesting immediate evac. I repeat this is Bravo team, requesting immediate evac". There was a few seconds delay before the receiver crackled, and a deep voice came on it.

"Bravo team this is Alpha. Be advised to make it to the exfil point....evac already on ground. ETA is 30 minutes".

"Copy that!" Talia replied, stashing back the receiver and clutching her Tar 21 rifle. Then she said to Somto, "We have just 30 minutes to get to Tarrenz". And she hurriedly followed behind him as they trotted inside the stuffy tunnel with their footsteps echoing within.

"Who were those guys, and how did they locate us?" Talia asked while they worked their way through the curtains of cobweb in their path.

"I believe they're Cristo's men", replied Somto, slapping the spiders of his body. He hated the arachnid creatures a lot, since childhood. "Bloody vermins!", he spat. "But one thing that baffles me is how they knew we were here".

They were now at the end of the tunnel and were now standing before a stair leading upwards to what they presumed was an exit. Climbing upwards, Somto unlocked the latch to the lid and lifted it over their heads as the windy forest air filled his lungs. Quietly he stepped out unto the middle of the semi darkwoods, followed by Talia who closed the lid after she had climbed out. All of a sudden, they noticed some weird movements from behind the trees. In that moment, armed men disguised in costumes of tree branches and artificial grass, paced towards them as the lanky figure of Frank Cristo emereged from the shadows. He walked towards Somto and Talia, clapping his hands slowly, while more armed men came forth. The agents were greatly outnumbered.

"Well done lad", Cristo said to Somto as Sasha also emerged from the shadows to stand behind him. "I knew you would lead us to the capsules, you never disappoint".

Immediately Talia turned to stare at Somto in amazement and her mind flashed back on a phone call Somto had gone out to make the moment they arrived at the motel. Then her face contorted in disgust. "You conniving bastard!", she slapped Somto hard.

"That's not true Talia", Somto pleaded. "I can never betray the Alliance... I'm not a mole". And Talia spat at him.

"Drop your weapon, Talia", Sasha said coldly. And Somto gently let his pistols fall off his grip. But the Mossad agent stood reluctant pointing her gun steadily. Yet on a second thought, she knew getting into a gun fight at such close range with highly armed mercenaries could mean an end to her life. So seeing no way out for her in that situation, she scoffed before hesitantly throwing her gun to the ground.

Sasha clicked her fingers and the armed men trotted forward and came to push Somto and Talia down to their knees as they reluctantly complied. Talia tried to fight back and Somto tried to stop her.

"Don't resist, Talia", Somto said as two of the men held him down. "We're out numbered, and have to live to fight another day"

"Don't tell me what to do you snitch", Talia cried. "You want me to give up the weapons easily so you'll get paid for betraying all of humanity huh?".

One of the men was now holding onto the bag containing the capsules, but Talia wasn't ready to let go off it; so Sasha came over to kick her in the stomach, sending her reeling on the ground in pain as she spat out blood still clutching the bag to her chest. She was ready to give her life for the mission, while Somto watched her with so much grief in his heart.

The bag was finally taken away from her and handed over to Cristo who opened it to bring out the sparkling-greenish transparent tubes as his eyes admired the biochemical weapons with lustrous greed.

"So good to finally have these beauties in my grasp", he sneered at Talia who was now struggling weakly to get on her feet. "All thanks to your smart agent partner".

Cristo's words sparked a rabid anger within Talia. And with a desperate flush of adrenalin, she pulled out her knife from its scabbard and took a deadly swipe at Sasha, who expertly dodged to swing a punch at her temple, sending her motionless on the mossy ground. Then her radio receiver began to crackle aloud.

"Bravo! Bravo!! do you read?" a radio voice said through the receiver. But the owner of the voice got no response from Talia. "Bravo team do you read....", the voice came again.

To utter amazement, the owner of the voice at the other end of the receiver was shocked when he heard a hoarse voice reply, "This is Frank Cristo speaking from hostile point. Your agents are down and will be gone for long!".

3 Likes

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
I think there is a mole in mossad too
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
DOC pls more update its getting fought and interesting
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by xaviercasmir(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
do4luv14:
I think there is a mole in mossad too
me too
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
xaviercasmir:

me too

that mole might even be that computer guy, Paul
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by xaviercasmir(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
do4luv14:

that mole might even be that computer guy, Paul
maybe you are right but on my own opinion it maybe Taila. Thanks to waching too much of 24 tv series

1 Like

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
xaviercasmir:

maybe you are right but on my own opinion it maybe Taila. Thanks to waching too much of 24 tv series

that film sucks, 24hours

mistcheew!!!!...., I hate that movie
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chapter Five - Pater Noster
------- -------- -------- -------- ----

Talia finally came out of her unconsciousness and gradually opened her eyes to notice she was tied up in a sitting position, with her hands bound behind the back rest of a chair; and legs strapped to the chair's legs. The first thing she noticed was the cackling wood in the fire place which was the only source of light in the room. She wheezed frantically still feeling her stomach churning from Sasha's kick as she spat out more blood from her mouth. Then she turned to her left to see the dim figure of Somto also bound in the same way she was, as he stared at her steadily.

"You're awake", he said.

Talia cast him an ominous look before roaming her eyes around. That was when she noticed they were back in Gerald's cottage. Just in that moment, the door flew open and two armed men brought in a lifeless body which they dumped in a thud beside the fireplace and left almost immediately. Instantly, Somto's eyes noticed the familiar bloodied shirt on the body, coupled with the greasy gray hair and he gasped, "Gerald!... Oh my God" trying to jerk free from his seat.

"Just shut up, you swine", yelled Talia, overwhelmed by the sight of Gerald's lifeless body. "You caused your friend's death. You betrayed us".

And Somto shot her an angry look, "What would I be doing here, bound just like you if I was on their side?" he yelled.

"Maybe to perfect the theatrics", replied Talia sarcastically.

"Oh stop it, Talia!" Somto snapped. Then their eyes fell back on the limp body of Gerald lying cold on the floor. The old war veteran had given his life to protect them. He was a true patriot to his nation and the Allaince as a whole.

They remained silent for a while not looking at or talking to eachother, and listening to the footsteps of their captors stomping around the cottage. Somto wondered what they were up to. Probably they had also held the whole neighborhood under a seige, so no one could call the cops. He was far in thought whenTalia broke the silence.

"So what next, now?" she asked Somto who raised his head to stare at her. "Are we at the end of the road already?".

"Guess you now realize we're in this together", said Somto, and Talia scoffed.

"Come to think of it, how did they find us?" Talia queried.

"I think i was tagged", replied Somto as Talia stared at him with wide eyes. "Yeah, with a tracker".

"But how?.....when?....", Talia sounded confused.

"Must have been during my amnesia back at the hospital", Somto revealed. "That bloody Doctor Darmien", he spat. And he narrated to Talia how a certain Doctor Darmien, who wasn't his regular doctor had come to his ward to inject something into his arm. And how Sasha (who was then Roxanne) was always seen talking with the same doctor by the corner.

"I feel that was the day I was tagged", muttered Somto. "I felt something had been lodge into me after then".

"So they've been watching us all these while, waiting for us to lead them to the capsules", Talia mumbled. "No wonder they never breached the Safe House in Vienna because they wanted us alive. This means the Safe House is compromised and Saul's life is in grave danger".

Just then, the door creaked open and Sasha walked in holding a silenced pistol in her left hand. She smiled the moment she stepped into the room, walking towards the fireplace to poke the flames up to a bright crimson red as the whole place became fully illuminated. Then she came to stand before Somto with a distinct poise.

"Hey hubby, so good to see you", she said mockingly, bending to kiss Somto on the lips. "How much I love kissing my victims before i kill them....the kiss of death", she chuckled before standing erect once more. "I had been following your tracker right from Imst", she announced. "I'm sure you never knew you had a transmitter on you", she laughed. "That was a brilliant stunt you pulled back there within the festive crowd in Imst". Somto stared at her in disbelief as she continued. "Ofcourse i saw everything. I was there. I even saw you get into that taxi". Then she turned to face Talia who was staring at her with sheer loathing.

"Once again my dear Agent Talia, you fail..... You fail to stop me", Sasha purred. "And this time you're not coming out of this mess". Then she walked to Talia's position, rubbing the muzzle of her silenced pistol over Talia's face. "You failed again just as you failed those innocent people on Red Square, six years ago".

Sasha knew Talia still harboured guilt concerning the Black November bombing, for not being able to stop her on that eventful day. Talia would never forget what had transpired on that fateful afternoon in the autumn of November, 2014 when she had received a tip off from her allies in the GRU, that there was a bomber amongst the crowd that had gathered on Red Square, Moscow, to listen to the President make his maiden speech after winning the elections. She was part of the Joint Task Force created by the United Nations (before it became the Alliance of Nations) which was responsible for counter intelligence; and had been planted within Red Square that day to ensure that the final proceedings of the election was hitch free.

The picture of the bomber being Sasha, had been sent to Talia on her cell phone seconds after she got the tip off on Red Square. From the intel she was given she had been told Sasha was ex-GRU. So with quick strides, Talia meandered through the crowd, desperately in search of the female rogue GRU agent who was armed with a bomb trigger. Upon sighting Sasha Romanov within the crowd, Talia fought her way through the multitude to get to her, and the rogue agent who had already spotted her on time was already pushing her way through the enthusiastic crowd and finally dashed away through the narrow alley beside St. Basil's cathedral. Talia pursued relentlessly, almost catching up with Sasha, but something happened. And that was the part Talia wished shouldn't have come in. A woman carrying a baby was walking in the opposite direction to Sasha as Talia pursued behind her. And the rogue agent, on getting to the woman, snatched her baby from her grasp and continued running ahead as the woman cried out for help. The pursuit ended up on the roof top of a high building and Sasha held the helpess baby upside down, aiming to let the crying infant fall off her grasp (from the great height of the roof top) to the ground at the foot of the building. She was actually using the child as an insurance and holding the bomb trigger in the other hand, while she awaited the right time to detonate the bomb.

"Let the baby go", Talia had pleaded with her.

"Only if you let me go", replied Sasha, as Talia pulled out her gun while Sasha attempted to drop the baby. The sudden attempt to drop the child startled Talia who gently raised her hands up in surrender before dropping her gun on the floor and kicked it far away to prove to Sasha that she was ready to comply with her terms.

"You're gonna have to catch the baby then", Sasha had told her. And before Talia could blink, the rogue agent hurled the baby up, into the air (dashing away instantly) as Talia ran forward to catch the infant. But on sighting Sasha escaping, Talia lost focus, her attention divided and she missed a footing and tripped as her hands missed the soaring child by inches and the baby fell from the great height, crashing downwards to the distant grounds at the foot of the tall building. It happened so fast and Talia couldn't believe her eyes. She had missed the child and failed to catch Sasha. She crawled right there on the roof and came to the edge to look down the distance below to see people gathering round the mangled body of the baby as some of the people pointed upwards, towards the roof top of the high building were she lay watching. She was still looking at the gory scene below, in disbelief, when the bomb suddenly went off, shaking the whole place. And she watched hopelessly as apart of the St. Basil's cathedral collapsed before her eyes (in the distance) as most parts of the Red Square became consumed by the high magnitude explosion as people scampered frantically in panic. Talia wept bitterly. If only she had stopped Sasha when she had the chance to. If only she hadn't missed her footing, the innocent baby would still be alive. After that terrible incident, Talia was taken off field duty for a while as she never found a chance to forgive herself, before undergoing her special training in Tel Aviv, where she had first met Somto. Sasha had been off grid since then for a period of six years. And here she was now, holding Talia captive alongside her Nigerian Agent partner, Somto.

It pained Talia so much to know she had lost once more to Sasha; and Somto could feel her pains where he sat bound to the metal chair. Then Sasha came to sit on Somto's lap. She could see the reflection of the flames in his dark eyes.

"How much I hated the life of an agent, the life of a spy", muttered Sasha. "We worked for corrupt governments who see us as expendable assets, just as your countries are going to forget about you after you die here". And Talia turned to stare at Somto, her eyes betraying fear. Sasha continued: "Permit me to let you know that your exfil has abandoned you both. Your governments will never send an extraction. You're now on your own", she laughed. "Like I said before....you're both expendable".

"We already knew all that before we took the job!", snapped Somto. "Moreover l've been pressumed dead by my country". And Sasha got off his lap to slap him hard, then cocked her silenced pistol, pointing it at him.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance, you fool", sneered Sasha. "Hope you enjoyed our brief marriage game?"

Her finger was now curled around the trigger and she was about squeezing it when she stopped abruptly as one of the men walked into the house.

"Cristo says you should take care of them", the man said. "We're about leaving", and he left.

Sasha still had her gun pointed at Somto. Then she suddenly brought her hands down and said: "I won't make it an easy death for you both", she sneered at the two agents. Then she walked over to the gas cylinder, turning it on; and it made a hissing sound as its inflammable contents began to leak into the air and she stared at the bare flame in the fire place.

"What a way to die", she laughed, walking towards Somto once more to kiss him deeply on the lips. "I wish our marriage was real", she giggled. "But too bad I'm heartless." And she turned to wink at Talia, "It's nothing personal sweety. See you in hell", she said before opening the door and stepped out, locking it behind her.

Barely minutes Sasha left, the pungent smell of propane could be perceived in the air, while the fire place burnt with gusto at the end of the room. It was only a matter of time for the diffusion to be completed and the whole place would be wrapped up in flames. Somto and Talia knew Cristo and his men were gone as they sat motionless, preparing their minds for the worst before Somto's eyes fell on something that was strapped to Gerald's ankle where his trousers were slightly raised. The object blinked in the light from the fire place.

"I guess this is the end then", Talia wheezed.

"No Misss Abendana", said Somto smiling. "We're just getting started". And he turned to gaze at Talia who was staring back at him, surprised at his reason for smiling. Then Talia's eyes followed Somto's gaze and fell on the blinking knife strapped to the dead Gerald's ankle. Probably Cristo's men hadn't seen the knife where Gerald had hidden it. Somto struggled to free his legs from their bondage, but to no avail. So with a deep heave, he jerked his seat forward and continuously, not wanting to let the fact he was bound deter him, till he came within the reach of Gerlad's corpse and toppled the chair over, falling alongside it on the old man's legs. Wriggling and maneuvering himself, he succeeded in getting the back of the chair to face Gerald's legs while he stared in the opposite direction at Talia as his hands struggled behind to free the knife on Gerald's leg from its scabbard.

Talia was now getting tensed and impatient as she watched the Nigerian agent struggling to get the knife within his grasp , and the smell of the gas was now so strong that there was a whooshing sound as a part of the flames from the fire place was drawn to the curtains by the diffusing smell. In seconds the curtains were ablaze in flames and time was ticking for a massive explosion.

3 Likes

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by xaviercasmir(m): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
do4luv14:

that film sucks, 24hours
mistcheew!!!!...., I hate that movie
but one of my best tv series ever
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by kelvinhilton(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
More updates!! Now am sounding like oliver twist.
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by topromiseland: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2017
na wetin be this??
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by obamartins(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2017
Why give out literally work out for free when u can make money on amazon for both ebook and paperback version on createspace. PM me if u need more info and I will add u to a whatsapp group for authors making real money from amazon. Some have crossed the $3000 per month mark.
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by 0b100100111: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Do people actually read long epistles like this.

Would have graduated with a 3rd class honors from the university if I could read half of that story!
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by adontcare(f): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2017
shocked this is da bomb. The perfect tintilative, sacharinous sugary. Oh my sweetness. What a story! tongue
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by cyber5(m): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2017
Doc Goodheart!

I am definitely following this
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by do4luv14(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
adontcare:
shocked this is da bomb. The perfect tintilative, sacharinous sugary. Oh my sweetness. What a story! tongue

hmmmmm
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by adontcare(f): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
do4luv14:

hmmmmm
grin
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by aprokomania(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
I feel guilty reading this for free. I know how much I would pay for a paperback like this. Stretch out your narrative a bit more and work on the general mechanical flow and you will give Sidney Sheldon a run for his money. I doff my hat.

2 Likes

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by ProfClassic: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Thumbs up man
Pls coman finish it
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by adebayo201: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
#following from front page
nice one doc!
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
kelvinhilton:
More updates!! Now am sounding like oliver twist.

No bro, its only normal
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
topromiseland:
na wetin be this??

Na that thing be this
topromiseland:
na wetin be this??

Na that thing be this
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
obamartins:
Why give out literally work out for free when u can make money on amazon for both ebook and paperback version on createspace. PM me if u need more info and I will add u to a whatsapp group for authors making real money from amazon. Some have crossed the $3000 per month mark.

Okay, no p
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
0b100100111:
Do people actually read long epistles like this.

Would have graduated with a 3rd class honors from the university if I could read half of that story!

Bro, reading is not for people with dull brains. It's for those with the mental capacity to assimilate written works.

1 Like

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
adontcare:

Thanks for the compliments dearie.
Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
cyber5:
Doc Goodheart!

I am definitely following this

Then let's roll

1 Like

Re: EREBUS -The Evil At Heart (Spy Thriller) by goodheart02(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
aprokomania:
I feel guilty reading this for free. I know how much I would pay for a paperback like this. Stretch out your narrative a bit more and work on the general mechanical flow and you will give Sidney Sheldon a run for his money. I doff my hat.

Thanks a lot sir. Respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The Foreign Affairs Symposium At Johns Hopkins (Photos) / Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead / How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.