Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting (876 Views)

2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow / CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS / Outrage In Police Over Lopsided Promotions •SE & SS Officers Send SOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Ogalanyachieze: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2017
The south east and south south brethren have met last. Week one unanimous decision they took was a "restructured one nigeria" even though the meeting is incomplete without thier western brothers. I hope it comes to that soon. Cos first it was se alone then se and ss. I hope next will be se, ss, and ws. (say amen). One thing i would want them to address is this. What will be or should be the next option for southern nigeria in the case the fg in collaboration of the north refuses to restructure. I say this cos the south west is well disposed for a restructured nigeria, the only side against it is the north/fg controlled north yes i say this cos even if nnamdi kanu becomes nigerian president the system and the northern cabals wont allow him to simply restructure nigeria, without the north consenting and thier consent will come with usual refrain: "IT WILL NOT FAVOUR THE NORTH". A restructured nigeria will at least ease d agitations. On the short term. for now what other options do we hav apart from restructurin
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by freshest4live: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
The south east and south south brethren have met last. Week one unanimous decision they took was a "restructured one nigeria" even though the meeting is incomplete without thier western brothers. I hope it comes to that soon. Cos first it was se alone then se and ss. I hope next will be se, ss, and ws. (say amen). One thing i would want them to address is this. What will be or should be the next option for southern nigeria in the case the fg in collaboration of the north refuses to restructure. I say this cos the south west is well disposed for a restructured nigeria, the only side against it is the north/fg controlled north yes i say this cos even if nnamdi kanu becomes nigerian president the system and the northern cabals wont allow him to simply restructure nigeria, without the north consenting and thier consent will come with usual refrain: "IT WILL NOT FAVOUR THE NORTH". A restructured nigeria will at least ease d agitations. On the short term. for now what other options do we hav apart from restructurin
To me, restructuring is our best option, a progressive big Nigeria has the potential to become the USA, China or Germany of Africa, rather than a small Finland or Kuwait. Even the middle belt tribes want restructuring, so it has more support.
To answer your question, if the North refuses, then we use Nnamdi kanu's approach.... There would be no election in the ss, se, sw, and middle belt.
With that we can all discuss what the terms and conditions should be and how to help the states that totally depend on Abuja or have less resources. Restructuring can be acheived in 3years time but before then every region must identify her natural resources and the south south must agree to contribute higher percentage to Abuja for the first few years to help those regions still totally dependent on federal allocation as well as the NE. The North East can still receive 70% support from Abuja for now.
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Ogalanyachieze: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

To me, restructuring is our best option, a progressive big Nigeria has the potential to become the USA, China or Germany of Africa, rather than a small Finland or Kuwait. Even the middle belt tribes want restructuring, so it has more support.
To answer your question, if the North refuses, then we use Nnamdi kanu's approach.... There would be no election in the ss, se, sw, and middle belt.
With that we can all discuss what the terms and conditions should be and how to help the states that totally depend on Abuja or have less resources. Restructuring can be acheived in 3years time but before then every region must identify her natural resources and the south south must agree to contribute higher percentage to Abuja for the first few years to help those regions still totally dependent on federal allocation as well as the NE. The North East can still receive 70% support from Abuja for now.
exactly but then we want these governors to show how serious they are
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Ogalanyachieze: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

ss to contribute higher and ne to get 70% are you ok

2 Likes

Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by freshest4live: 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
ss to contribute higher and ne to get 70% are you ok
Just for few years, North East would find it most difficult if we restructure at the moment, and the Economy is not yet properly diversified from oil.
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Ogalanyachieze: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

Just for few years, North East would find it most difficult if we restructure at the moment, and the Economy is not yet properly diversified from oil.
same guys claim they used thier money from agric to develop the oil. They still control the agric. And if for over fifty years they are still looking for few more years to stabilize thier zone. Then they have a problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by freshest4live: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
same guys claim they used thier money from agric to develop the oil. They still control the agric. And if for over fifty years they are still looking for few more years to stabilize thier zone. Then they have a problem
North East l mean, not the entire North. North East has been plunged into the Boko Haram war.
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Blue3k(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

North East l mean, not the entire North. North East has been plunged into the Boko Haram war.

The what redevelopment plan is for. Anyway this restructuring talk is cool but I don't like how people want center power to Governor. The fact is without local government autonomy it going to switching to new set of thieves. Restructuring must include grassroots development at its core. Then there will be no excuses.

1 Like

Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by fineboynl(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

and that war cost the south a lot of wasteful money that states in should have use to develop it people.
Re: One Big Question After The Se/ss Meeting by Ogalanyachieze: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
freshest4live:

plunged into boko haram war by who? By the ss? Why should ss bear a self inflicted burden of ne.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Tweet Of The Day(see Pix) / Federal Government To Remove All Pockets From Police Uniform / PDP Promises Nigerians Cash, Vows To Take Power In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.