Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma (3160 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi In Early Lead As Archbishop Chukwuma,nwobodo Hail Peaceful Ele / Federal Fire Service Throwing Up Water To Cool Down Supporters Of PMB In Borno / Your Committee On Restructuring Has No Igbo Leader – Muslim Group Blasts APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma has warned Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members to tread carefully in their agitation for Biafra, lest they lose relevance. NAIJ.com gathered that Archbishop Chukwuma, who is the Head of the Enugu Province of the Anglican Communion, challenged Kanu over his claim that South East people are Jewish.

The cleric, in an interview with The Sun newspaper, said Kanu has refused to visit him and other elders who fought for his release from jail. He said: “IPOB should know that if they want to get the blessings of the elders and some of us, they should be cautioned in the way they act. Otherwise, if we back out from them, they will lose relevance. “Since Kanu came out, has he come to see me? But we fought and talked about him. All he does is to be talking about Judaism. Where do we have Judaism in the East? He shouldn’t be a religious bast*rd. Has he come to see me?

“And many of us fought for him and he came out. Look, Kanu is not an Igbo leader. So he should cool down otherwise he will lose his relevance. He is not an Igbo leader. “He did not see the civil war, so I’m not happy with him. I am bitter with Kanu because those who fought for him and those who spoke out on his behalf. He has not even visited some of us. Rather he is talking rubbish somewhere else. “We don’t want anybody to put us into war. We must come to discuss and he must be cautioned to mind what he is saying sometimes. Because as far as I am concerned most of us are talking on his behalf but he has not come.

Rather he is going to profess himself to be a Jew or whatever. Was it Judaism that saved him? “We prayed for him. We talked about him. Many of us were given bad names but up till now he hasn’t even come to pay homage and for us to advise him. “So whatever he is saying he is saying it on his own. It is his followers and all these people who are now listening to him, particularly even some of the Igbo in the Diaspora that may be sponsoring him. They should be careful and stop disrupting our peace here and giving us a bad name.

“These youths are becoming, somehow, very much unscrupulous. Our youths are also not controlling their own temper. And they are people of today. “We don’t throw away what the youths are saying but we must caution them, because if you hear what the people on Radio Biafra are saying, they are insulting even the elders in the East, which is not good. “They should control their statements and they should respect elders. I have said it before, even among our people that we have to respect ourselves.

“We must also have a political and economic base before we can begin to take off. Put our home in order and love ourselves; we should shun arrogance and pomposity among our people. “The politicians must know that they also have a duty to perform to serve their constituencies." Read more: https://www.naij.com/1114030-nnamdi-kanu-igbo-leader-cool-archbishop-chukwuma.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2017
Was it not same man who asked his congregation to disregard kanu's sit at home directive

Dude is afraid of Judaism and losing his followers(fan base)

But will you blame him? Go to his parish ban and see yams, rice, beans goats, fowls and other goodies being received on daily/weekly basis.

They have standby generators to cool their bodies and enjoy life to the fullest.

They cruise around town in expensive automobiles so recession is just a mere word to them.

Tell me the reason they will not protest when the breast is about being withdrawn from their mouths.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2017
k
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
alcmene:
cool cool front seat
lipsrsealed
alcmene:
cool cool front seat
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by dunkem21(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Fleshly: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
So the angst of the bishop against Nnamdi Kanu is that NK is yet to visit him. SHAME!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by chemicalDisease: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2017
The Bishop is pained.
Very soon there will be no tithe for him.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Oladimejyy(m): 11:29am On Jul 10, 2017
This Man don buy matter from the useless,coward and wicked ipod and he will pay..
They will abuse the man tire...
Fada i use the blood of jisos to cover from ipod abuse words

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by myright: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2017
Oladimejyy:
This Man don buy matter from the useless,coward and wicked ipod and he will pay..
They will abuse the man tire...
Fada i use the blood of jisos to cover from ipod abuse words
the so called man of God is an idiot

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by vedaxcool(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
He is an Igbo Jews Leader grin grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by mohaMADbuari: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
See Painment.....

Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by 9jabull: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
NK has to visit me too became i shout & protested more than this man.

Chukwuma is part of our problem directly or indirectly, during chimaroke nnamani in Enugu this man sing for him & other politicians without telling them the bitter truth now their inactions has back fired.

Has he join the league of those that can't differentiate between referendum & war?

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by 9jabull: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Who is igbo leader?, no body except Namdi kanu if he doubt let's do election to know our leader.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by BabaRamotu1988: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
and i ask the clergy man a simple question
who's a leader?

as it is now nobody in Nigeria can command a half of free willing crowd that Nnamdi Kanu is currently controlling
i mean a free crowd not some paid bastards
quote me anywhere

a man that can halt the whole eastern region and some south south (igboid) region with just a mere word is what we call a true leader and man of the people

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by EmeeNaka: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nnamdi KANU is too young and inexperienced to answer an Igbo leader. He is a separatist IPOB leader. I don't think anybody arrogated the Igbo leadership to Nnamdi KANU. Igbos are not led by one person but by all people and that's what I think makes Kanu to demand for a referendum.
Nobody should set out to diminish Nnamdi KANU, while I think that the separatist agitation should be managed well to avoid serious problem, nobody should set out to diminish Kanu.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
vedaxcool:
He is an Igbo Jews Leader grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Trut(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
The same cleric that follows Enugu politicians around like He-Goat that follows She-Goat around in other to blow NYASH, the same cleric that said Biafrans should ignore the Sit-At-Home in Honour our Biafra Heroes.

Bishop Chukwuma and his like should mind their business, Nnamdi is IPOB (a freedom movement) leader, not Igbo leader. Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB in diaspora have never called Nnamdi KANU is Igbo leader.

Nnamdi KANU and IPOB are calling for REFERENDUM, not WAR.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by perfectchoice(f): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
9jabull:
NK has to visit me too became i shout & protested more than this man.

Chukwuma is part of our problem directly or indirectly, during chimaroke nnamani in Enugu this man sing for him & other politicians without telling them the bitter truth now their inactions has back fired.

Has he join the league of those that can't differentiate between referendum & war?

U spoke my mind. Chukwuma lost my respect during Chimaroke Nnamani tenure in Enugu State.
He is a politician/clergy without the interest of the people at heart.
Its a shame u are a clergy.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by PenSniper: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
This bishop disappointed me. Nnamdi Kanu has not claimed to be the igbo leader, atleast, to the best of my knowledge. But he is the one who was incarcerated for igbo cause. He went through it all without betraying the cause and his followers. This is one of the hallmarks of leadership. Some leaders are born but many are made. Convergent circumstances have placed leadership on Kanu and millions of igbos see and accept him as their leader.
What the elders should do is to guide him from thr backgroung and not running him down in public.
Having said that, how was Kanu, in jail, to know those who specifically prayed for his release ?
To the best of my knowledge, those who openly stood by Kanu to get him bailed are Fayose and FFK. Others may've contributed from the backgroung. It was after he got his bail terms that igbo leaders became overtly involved.
If the man of God wants Kanu to visit him for input, he could've sent for him and i'm sure he would've gone. From the tone of his words, he is in support of the agitation for biafra but feels sidelined.
Kanu's father also needs to get involved by liaising with igbo traditional leaders to assist him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by vecman222(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Children of hate come and insult your elder as usual...

Stupid, foolish Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by kc2hansome(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
Simple envy

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
"those that sold their souls to devil will always live n despair"

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
vecman222:
Children of hate come and insult your elder as usual...

Stupid, foolish Igbos

It's better to insult one's elders than to use the elders heads for ritual

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by mohaMADbuari: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Just tell me why this is not yet on FP

Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by mohaMADbuari: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
alcmene:

It's better to insult one's elders than to use the the elders heads for ritual

Guy you are wiket cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by dumodust(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Nnamdi KANU is too young and inexperienced to answer an Igbo leader. He is a separatist IPOB leader. I don't think anybody arrogated the Igbo leadership to Nnamdi KANU. Igbos are not led by one person but by all people and that's what I think makes Kanu to demand for a referendum.
Nobody should set out to diminish Nnamdi KANU, while I think that the separatist agitation should be managed well to avoid serious problem, nobody should set out to diminish Kanu.
And Kanu should not set out to diminish the respect of others and himself indirectly with his declarations. No one made him leader so who is he to declare holidays or sit at home and imagine he is even asking people in Anambra state to boycott elections to choose recognised leaders via democracy, a known ancestral igbo trait. He will get his fingers burnt soon, and there will be no one to speak for him.
Btw we are not jews, never have been, never will be. Where i come from, we trace our ancestry to the nri dynasty, that is all we know. So the history revisionists should please stop

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by CowHard: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Tithe collectors are already protesting
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
dumodust:

And Kanu should not set out to diminish the respect of others and himself indirectly with his declarations. No one made him leader so who is he to declare holidays or sit at home and imagine he is even asking people in Anambra state to boycott elections to choose recognised leaders via democracy, a known ancestral igbo trait. He will get his fingers burnt soon, and there will be no one to speak for him.
Btw we are not jews, never have been, never will be. Where i come from, we trace our ancestry to the nri dynasty, that is all we know. So the history revisionists should please stop

See them.... they want to the status quo to continue so they can continue to feed fat from the government while the majority of the masses die in starvation.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by fergie001: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
alcmene:

It's better to insult one's elders than to use the the elders heads for ritual
Gawd,u have finished him,hahahaha grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by ripbubu: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Fleshly:
So the angst of the bishop against Nnamdi Kanu is that NK is yet to visit him. SHAME!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by alcmene: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
fergie001:
Gawd,u have finished him,hahahaha grin grin grin

You dey those hypocrites??
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not An Igbo Leader, He Should Cool Down - Archbishop Chukwuma by Diademk07: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
alcmene:

It's better to insult one's elders than to use the elders heads for ritual

What of your folks that eat human heads? Tsk tsk Clifford Orji

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Ibo Most Respected Man Alive In Nigeria? / Garba Shehu Can Indict Bishop Kukah, Cardinal Onayikan With These Photos / They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.