Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. (2256 Views)

Know Ye Not That Atheism Is Within You. / Atheism Is A Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Cooop: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
I was once an atheist and I lived my life with the conceited excitement that I had found the truth and the truth had set me free from the bondage of religion. I entered into countless arguments with theists and I presented strong points for which theists couldn't refute. My "wins" from my arguments furthermore deepened my conviction that there was no God and the universe wasn't intelligently designed. I developed a dislike for religion because I saw it as a tool to control and limit people, and this hatred informed my dismissal of the contents of religious books like the Bible and the Quran as mere fabrications of ignorant folks. But now I have realized that I was wrong and whenever I look back at my atheistic convictions, I feel embarrassed at my ignorance and blindness.

Now let me get somethings straight. The fact that I don't define myself as an atheist doesn't mean that I don't agree on some level with atheists. Let me explain the areas that I agree with them. I agree that monotheistic religions have it wrong when they say that the God they worship is the sole creator of the universe, and this God is the one true God and that they are supposed to worship him. This is about the extent to which I agree with Atheists. But on many other things, and actually the really important things, I agree more with theists. In fact, I feel that on the scale of ignorance, mainstream atheists like the ones we have on this section who spend time arguing against the existence of God, rank bottom, below Christians and Muslims.

The elites who control the world and who double as the enlightened custodians of powerful knowledge about the nature of reality passed on through generations, and who seek to keep all this knowledge to themselves, are even more afraid of theists than they are of atheists. In fact, a world where it would just be atheists running around, would be a utopia for them, because theists like Christians and Muslims, although their doctrines are a bit skewed, are closer to the truth than atheists.

Not only are atheists more ignorant than theists as far as true knowledge about the world is concerned, they are also more vulnerable to forces and powers not within their control. Christians and Muslims have a better understanding of themselves and their spiritual natures than atheists do.

Atheists through their convictions lose touch with their real selves and the inherent powers they possess, and they become mere empty vessels, disconnected from their essence. This explains why many atheists don't live fulfilled lives.

I became an atheist by being open minded but it's funny how I became closed minded and lapsed into a vortex of scientific dogmatism, using the inadequate tool of scientific empiricism to discredit anything that opposed my atheistic dogmatism. It was only when I gained some intellectual humility that I was able to access the truth.

Atheists claim that religion is a tool to brainwash and control. I hate to break it to them, but atheism is an even stronger tool to brainwash and control. You will understand this statement when you become enlightened. And you can argue about how we are born atheists and how atheism is a default mindset, but conventional atheism, which most people practice, the one that rides on the back of scientific dogmatism and materialism, and the requirement of scientific evidence to authenticate every truth, is definitely not a natural default mindset.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Cooop: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Everyone is free to comment.
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by 6barz(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Cooop:
Everyone is free to comment.

So what's your stance presently? Are you back to being a Theist?
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by austyn0(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
That Being might not be named God, That Being might not be named Jesus, buh the ineradicable fact is, a Supreme Architect created this universe and there is a Supreme being that governs this universe.
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Cooop: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
6barz:

So what's your stance presently? Are you back to being a Theist?

No. I have achieved a kind of intellectual humility and understanding that allows me appreciate and respect every religion. I am not a practicing member of any religion, but I have acknowledged the invaluable knowledge that is in the content of their holy books, most of which have been distorted to further a political agenda and to hide the real truths from the adherents of these religions.
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by jonbellion(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
Cooop:

No. I have achieved a kind of intellectual humility and understanding that allows me appreciate and respect every religion. I am not a practicing member of any religion, but I have acknowledged the invaluable knowledge that is in the content of their holy books, most of which have been distorted to further a political agenda and to hide the real truths from the adherents of these religions.
I was also once an athiest
I have grown past that now though I don't adhere to religion as well
Nowadays I don't even join arguments anymore just read, make some wisecracks and then start flirting with pidgin2 kiss
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
I was also once an athiest
I have grown past that now though I don't adhere to religion as well
Nowadays I don't even join arguments anymore just read, make some wisecracks and then start flirting with pidgin2 kiss

Leave her alone grin

She only wants Christian brothers smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by obinna58(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
u said atheism is a tool to control and limit Yet u haven't given any prove which says so undecided
U just talking blablabla

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by spacetacular(f): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
obinna58:
u said atheism is a tool to control and limit Yet u haven't given any prove which says so undecided
U just talking blablabla

This is an extract from his comment

"Atheists claim that religion is a tool to brainwash and control. I hate to break it to them, but atheism is an even stronger tool to brainwash and control. You will understand this statement when you become enlightened."

Yet you asked such a question after reading that and the text in bold. You just proved that bolder text and being unenlightened.

Just pointing out an observation and not trying to be demeaning sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Cooop: 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
obinna58:

It's a tool to control you to view life in a 1 dimensional pattern and to elevate conventional scientific empiricism, despite how infantile it is, to the level where it becomes a sieve to which you distill every truth.

It limits you because it disconnects you from the understanding that you are a soul and your physical body is just a suit, and as a soul, you have the ability to access powers and a higher level of consciousness beyond this 3rd dimensional plane your physical body exists in.

It also keeps you in the dark about every other truth that exists. Example: Miracles, ghosts, and entities like demons/angels/extraterrestrials that exist in other dimensions that your doubt about their existence, keeps you in subordination to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by CoolUsername: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
How can one post contain do many misconceptions about atheism from someone who claims to be a former atheist?

It seriously bugs me when people criticize others for trying to hold beliefs that are backed up by evidence. When was the last time a technological breakthrough was made through supernatural means rather than rigorous scientific research? When was the last time that a scientific explanation of a phenomenon was replaced by a supernatural one? Why is it always the other round?

I get if you don't want to be an atheist or if you dislike atheism but claiming that atheism is dogmatic is a straight up lie and a gross misunderstanding of atheism which is worrying, considering the fact that you were once one.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by jonbellion(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Leave her alone grin

She only wants Christian brothers smiley
lmao
She needs a real man that can love her in everyway possible wink something I'm sure the christian crew can't do efficiently. If you know what I mean cheesy

1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by jonbellion(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
But well atheists say religious gods are crap too so don't you think we are all on the same page mr coop?
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Martinez19(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
OP, so what's your point? Even if atheism is a tool for controlling people, does it make the deceptive control of people by religion a good thing? I know that atheism is not a mind control tool only ignorance of what atheism is will make you say the opposite.

When you argue with muslim apologists, they try to point out the crusades by christians, the burning of people on stakes by the catholic church and other atrocities in the old testament by god as if all this makes islamic terrorism and violence justified. The absurdity of other religions and beliefs does not vindicate the absurdity of your own belief. If your belief is a lie and threatens the life of others, your belief ought to be done away with.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Martinez19(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
CoolUsername:
How can one post contain do many misconceptions about atheism from someone who claims to be a former atheist?

It seriously bugs me when people criticize others for trying to hold beliefs that are backed up by evidence. When was the last time a technological breakthrough was made through supernatural means rather than rigorous scientific research? When was the last time that a scientific explanation of a phenomenon was replaced by a supernatural one? Why is it always the other round?

I get if you don't want to be an atheist or if you dislike atheism but claiming that atheism is dogmatic is a straight up lie and a gross misunderstanding of atheism which is worrying, considering the fact that you were once one.
Gbam. They foolishly try to make a belief in religious gods look okay by pointing the flaws of beliefs and ideologies that doesn't embrace their god. The supposed flaws are not flaws at all.
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Amberon11: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
cheesy
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

This is an extract from his comment

"Atheists claim that religion is a tool to brainwash and control. I hate to break it to them, but atheism is an even stronger tool to brainwash and control. You will understand this statement when you become enlightened."

Yet you asked such a question after reading that and the text in bold. You just proved that bolder text and being unenlightened.

Just pointing out an observation and not trying to be demeaning sir.

and that statement has NOTHING backing it up!

what does he mean by " Enlightenment"?

who are those people/entities using atheism to control us?

what have they been benefiting from us being atheists?

okay, he's "enlightened" now cuz he's dumped atheism and atheists - according to him- are now "unenlightened"?

how's he sure what he calls "enlightenment" isn't an even bigger tool to control?

that tinfoil hat looks good on him, I wonder where he bought it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
lmao
She needs a real man that can love her in everyway possible wink something I'm sure the christian crew can't do efficiently. If you know what I mean cheesy

You and your ilks are no match for me when it comes to romance tongue tongue tongue grin .

Forget that thing my brother wink

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
CoolUsername:

I don't even understand him at all, I don't know where I should even begin countering him cuz he sounds like Bilyonaire and I'd rather drag my dick across broken glass than argue with someone like that

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by spacetacular(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

and that statement has NOTHING backing it up!

what does he mean by " Enlightenment"?

who are those people/entities using atheism to control us?

what have they been benefiting from us being atheists?

okay, he's "enlightened" now cuz he's dumped atheism and atheists - according to him- are now "unenlightened"?

how's he sure what he calls "enlightenment" isn't an even bigger tool to control?

that tinfoil hat looks good on him, I wonder where he bought it

I am not in the mood for frivolous talk today sir. Just stated an observation and that's it.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

I am not in the mood for frivolous talk today sir. Just stated an observation and that's it.

my post is more directed at OP
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
CoolUsername:

It seriously bugs me when people criticize others for trying to hold beliefs that are backed up by evidence.

I have you told many times to show me this evidence . You evaded this request like a coward grin . There is no evidence for atheism

CoolUsername:
When was the last time a technological breakthrough was made through supernatural means rather than rigorous scientific research? When was the last time that a scientific explanation of a phenomenon was replaced by a supernatural one? Why is it always the other round?

There is no conflict between the supernatural and science . Science studies nature and most scientific researches were successfully conducted by people who passionately believed in God .

I can't remember any significant contribution to science an atheist has made .

Atheism is the belief God does not exist and it is not against everything supernatural . Some atheists believe in spirits , rituals to ancestors , reincarnation etc things we consider or see as supernatural .

The deists are against these things we see as supernatural and still acknowledge the existence of God .

Stop trying validate atheism with talks of science and evidence , these things are antithetical to it . These are strange to an average atheist .

CoolUsername:

Atheism is dogmatic . It says there is no God - this is dogma . And most atheists are dogmatic about their beliefs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by spacetacular(f): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

my post is more directed at OP

I have been noticing OP being used a lot here. What does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

I have been noticing OP being used a lot here. What does that mean?

Original Post(er)
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by felixomor: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thank God for your life Op,
Remain blessed....

Atheism is dead logic.
More people in the world are now seeing it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by spacetacular(f): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Original Post(er)

But are we not all Original Posters? Shouldn't the OP which refers to the first post be better as FP (First Post(er)?
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

But are we not all Original Posters? Shouldn't the OP which refers to the first post be better as FP (First Post(er)?

Front page (FP)

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by spacetacular(f): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Front page (FP)

Then why not use TC (Topic Creator)

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

I think the first post is technically more "original" than any that come after it cuz those that come after are usually addressing the first post and/or addressing a post that addresses the first post

FP here means Front-page
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
spacetacular:

Then why not use TC (Topic Creator)

Hmmmm . Nice though

Well you have to start a worldwide awareness for that . 'OP' is commonly used in forums

1 Like

Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by hopefulLandlord: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Cooop:

It also keeps you in the dark about every other truth that exists. Example: Miracles, ghosts, and entities like demons/angels/extraterrestrials that exist in other dimensions that your doubt about their existence, keeps you in subordination to them.

Kingebukasblog won't go on his usual rant about there being atheists that believe in all these things because its coming from someone criticising atheism
Re: Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I don't even understand him at all, I don't know where I should even begin countering him cuz he sounds like Bilyonaire and I'd rather drag my dick across broken glass than argue with someone like that
@bold

Exactly my thoughts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name / What You Don't Know :what Oseoji-alligator Pepper Can Do For You / The Mark Of Beast (666) And Computer Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.