Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman (23648 Views)

Buhari: It Is Wrong To Think National Assembly Members Are Overpaid / Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Southern, Middle-Belt Leaders Reject Yusuf Magaji Bichi Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by genieluv(f): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Caseless:
you're just not so brilliant, but too emotional with your posts.

Well, that's your opinion and headache.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Dedetwo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
ibadantiti:

PIQUED by the generalisation of all states in the northern part of the country as one entity call North, the Association of Middle Belt Ethnic Nationalities (ASOMBEN) said it is wrong to lump Middle Belt with the North saying the old Northern Region and all the other 3 region ceased to exist when General Aguiyi Ironsi abolished them through Decree 34 on 24th May, 1966.

The Acting Chairman of ASOMBEN, Barrister Sule Kwasau who stated this at the association special meeting with 2014 National Conference Delegates in Jos, Plateau State said the erroneous believe that the Middle Belt is part of the larger north should be discarded adding that the people of Middle Belt had since stop addressing themselves as part of the north.

“Whenever people refer to the “North”, they tend to include Middle Belt of Nigeria. We wish to put it on record that the old Northern Region and all the other 3 former regions ceased to exist when General Aguiyi Ironsi abolished them via Decree 34 on 24 the May 1966.

“We therefore do not call ourselves Northerners any more. We either use our constitutional State names now, or we use the North Central zone, which should have been appropriately named the Middle Belt”.

On the ultimatum by some northern youths to the Igbo to relocate from the north within 90 days, the acting chairman of ASOMBEN said what the so-called “Arewa” youths did was tantamount to treason and called on the security agencies to prosecute them accordingly.

Barrister Kwasau said the association strongly believed that restructuring is the best option for solving myriad of problems confronting Nigeria and called for the implementation of the 2014 conference report adding that any attempt to block its implementation should be resisted by all patriotic Nigerians.

On aggression of Fulani herdsmen in some States in the Middle Belt, Barrister Kwasau who said no concrete response from federal government to tame the ugly incident added that no one has deemed it fit to call for the disarmament of the killers.

He implored all states in the Middle Belt to emulate Ekiti and Benue States who had passed anti grazing law and charged Nigerian Police, the Ministry of Interior and the Directorate of State Security to wake up to their responsibilities of protecting the lives and properties of Nigeria citizens.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/wrong-lump-middle-belt-north%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF-%E2%80%95asomben-chairman/

Nigerians have skewed sense of rationality. Nigeria needs to disintegrate so that nation states can learn from each other. Decree 34 did not abolish the regions as most deceitful Nigerians have erroneously wanted us to believe. The decree #34 sought to unify civil service and other things within the federating unit. If decree #34 put paid to regional government, why did Ironsi appoint regional governors and maintained regional governments? Regionalism in Nigeria was killed when Gowon divided the cesspit called Nigeria into 12 states with state administrators answerable to the head of state. If the regions were abolished by Ironsi, Ojukwu would not have the audacity to challenge Gowon and his idiotic government at the center.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Caseless: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
genieluv:

Well, that's your opinion and headache.
just like we have N,E, S, W on the world map, show us middle-belt.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Pylony(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I get you but your link is begging the question. Geographical locations are based on geographic facts not Political pronouncements. In Geography, the word 'Middle-belt' does not exist as a position.

We know it is politics. The same men who created North Central also created a South South, a region that doesn't exist on any map in this world. The real question is, why North Central? Are states we call North Central more north than south?
It is not a Coordinate indicating a position but a region with a collection of Minority groups just as you find down in the Niger Delta, non the less, it is not part of the North as many are force to believe since most school Text books from the early 90's to date do have to take the North central lies in them, since a fellow decide to call it so.

We're still asking the same question as to even if that part of the country were to be a geographical Coordinate, Middlebelt would have suits it best than use North central to qualify it more North than being on its own or more southern.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Frisbee: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Caseless:

They will simply be "Central Region"

Not North Central. They are simply in the center.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by jiddodo: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
ollah1:

North America

I guess they are violent as well
Thank you. And middle east re saints

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by genieluv(f): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
Caseless:

Middlebelt is Central. There is always a central location or Central zone.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Pylony(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
Caseless:
there's no state in the north that's not home to hausas. When you want to count how the north has ruled for 30 years , you'll count the 'middlebelt' , but when it comes to your stupid agitation, you separate them.
Middlebelt is a narrow stretch within a region.

so since its a narrow stretch withing a region which i believe you wanted to make it look like it run right in the center of the North so it should be call NORTH CENTRAL right.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Pylony(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gravas:

Thanks. That is what we have been saying here. We say no to the evil categorization of North Central. We say to political subjugation. We want to carve our own identity and change our political destiny.
Na so my brother.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Pylony(m): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gravas:

Thanks. That is what we have been saying here. We say no to the evil categorization of North Central. We say no to political subjugation. We want to carve our own identity and change our political destiny.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
20CRATES:
Ohh daamn

Like this, if you are from somewhere in this map.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4834857_fbimg1480140941019_jpeg46a496df4b38f92a6cf269d381c34624

I can't believe pple are considering this break up. I love this oduduwa republic flag though, but plz warri and edo are part of the southsouth. They already broke away as Midwest region in 1964. Awolowo willingly gave them their region cos dts what they wanted. They are not part of us.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But is there any geographical location known as middle belt?

YES.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by smileyoo: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
every other segments of the country 're tired of the violent tendencies of the north, especially the sacrosant & muderous fulani-herdsmen. its time the core north do a sincere re-think of their actions, because this is 2017 & not 1967.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by givbitcoin: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
newbornmacho:
Sahara desert barren arewanistan republic of Islamic terrorism loading for Hausa Fulani. Hausa Fulani feudalists and oligarchs must carry the market they have bought. I swear these developments just dey sweet me for belle.
By the way why aboki dem dey avoid this thread like plague? Abeg somebody call fulanmafia, itsmeaboki, APC123, passingshot, fizznation vedaxcoolgrin grin grin

Errant thread, that's why reasonable people will avoid it. You people are only masters in making noise. Let me remind you people again that if the waste, east, ND or the so-called middle belt continue with this manner of violation of their abasement, they will only bring fire upon themselves
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by modsfucker: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Flets:
You can hate the style and guts of Nnamdi Kanu but you cannot deny that he has hammered common sense into the heads of docile Nigerians.

All of a sudden, the hitherto politically correct cowards have found their voices. Nigeria's only hope is true federalism and this truth is as old as Nigeria's independence.

Out of 193 UN member nations, 165 practice unitary Presidential Democracy..... Ghana and South Africa, two countries that are more developed than Nigeria practice the Unitary system.

Ghana for example, is equally multi ethnic and multi religious but you don't hear all this nonsense true federalism emanating from them.

Our problem is that some enemies of this country have succeded in planting the idea of copying the unpopular American style of governance which I believe wouldn not take us anywhere.

I believe you watch Ghanaian films and you must have seen Ghana Police featured in one of their movies. Which African country do you want to copy by establishing state police?

Do other oil giants in the world such as Saudi, Qatar and Dubai practice resource control, that oil belongs to the state where it was discovered? I guess if we go by this, we need to also identify the owners of the plots where the oil is being drilled amd hand them over absolute control of the wells.

Finally, I want you guys to channel your energies in demanding for good leadership instead of this hopeless restructuring that would still empower regional, state and local leaders to steal the more.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by KalahariMan: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
janellemonae:

I can't believe pple are considering this break up. I love this oduduwa republic flag though, but plz warri and edo are part of the southsouth. They already broke away as Midwest region in 1964. Awolowo willingly gave them their region cos dts what they wanted. They are not part of us.

Do you now Obasanjo was the one who coined south south?
Before that there was nothing of such?

Most of those states there in SS are Biafra

3 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by ready2learn: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
tongue
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by yom2(m): 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Koleman:
finally some sense. that wrong assumption needs to be corrected. many do no realize even north east and north west are completely different with different languages and cultures. not to talk of the middle belt.
dnt mind d ignorance of some southerners. They lump everybody from benue up as northerners d cabals now took advantage of dat.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by givbitcoin: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
quid:

cheesy cheesy
you people will be dealt a very heavy blow if you don't change

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
givbitcoin:

you people will be dealt a very heavy blow if you don't change
Change to become Afonja ? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Maratre(f): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
janellemonae:

Awolowo gave them a region which they voted on, he didn't give them an independent country.

If Nigeria breaks up, believe me, everyone will have to vote again on where to belong to.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by everyman: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Koleman:
finally some sense. that wrong assumption needs to be corrected. many do no realize even north east and north west are completely different with different languages and cultures. not to talk of the middle belt.

Thank you, my brother.

When people refer to the north, they view it through the lenses of the north west region. They failed to realize that the north east is different from the north west.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nword22: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
20CRATES:
Ohh daamn

Like this, if you are from somewhere in this map.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4834857_fbimg1480140941019_jpeg46a496df4b38f92a6cf269d381c34624

Man no heediot will cross Niger bridge to claim warri...dream on fools.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
KalahariMan:

Do you now Obasanjo was the one who coined south south?
Before that there was nothing of such?

Most of those states there in SS are Biafra

Dt means obasanjo was right. As far as I'm concerned it is right to differentiate them.

All the minorities in southern Nigeria have a right to their own region/nation where there is no ethnic majority impeding their will, like it currently is in Nigeria.
Let edo and warri (old Midwest region) attach with whichever minority in the south dt is willing to be with them and they rule themselves. Kapisch!
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Dedetwo(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
janellemonae:

This is a foolish propaganda.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Caseless: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Frisbee:

They will simply be "Central Region"

Not North Central. They are simply in the center.
loool! Show me an independent region just like the four cardinal points called 'central region'. Just like saying middle-east or central asia is not part of asia.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by everyman: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Stop insulting the black race. As small and developed as Spain is, there are several elements that still want to go their separate ways despite speaking the same language. That's mankind for you

They don't all speak the same language, sir.
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by everyman: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
newbornmacho:
Sahara desert barren arewanistan republic of Islamic terrorism loading for Hausa Fulani. Hausa Fulani feudalists and oligarchs must carry the market they have bought. I swear these developments just dey sweet me for belle.
By the way why aboki dem dey avoid this thread like plague? Abeg somebody call fulanmafia, itsmeaboki, APC123, passingshot, fizznation vedaxcoolgrin grin grin

Passingshot is Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by AworiLagosian: 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nword22:

uuuhn?
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by yom2(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
ednut1:
wont work, lagos alone the badagry/dahomey/egun guys go dey scream marginalisation, the awori go wan claim don, the lagos island pple go say dey are d real Lagosians etc. Black man no just get sense
it s true but there are some basic differences u cant ignore
Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nword22:

99.9% of Yorubas are not interested in edo or warri. Whoever drew this map is obviously deluded cos an average Yoruba man even thinks warri is full of igbo pple. True story. Dt debate has bn settled since d 60's when they carved u guys out. It's never going to happen.
Every inch of any western country will be purely Yoruba only. We don't want any other tribe giving us headache.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Visits Nigerian Navy's Unity Ship At Victoria Island. Photos / Dr Alex Otti Flags Off The Construction Of 67km 2 lane road / Oshiomhole To Governor Bala Mohammed: You Are Looking For Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.