Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (40836 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nathaniel79(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2017
Flexherbal:
I was waiting for that number 1.
Thank God it is there.

Same here oo.. if I hear say no be 2Baba.. lol
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2017
No gongo aso
No yahozee
No Do me
No my baby (skyB)
No Awilo
No somebody call my name (Daddy showkey)
No kolomental
U cum dey put dorobucci abi Wetin b d name
Wetin Godwin dey do for der
Rubbish undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by poyet(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2017
adonbilivit:
This list is for the spaghetti and indomie generation. Akpu generation won't agree with this list. None of majek fashek's, Kwam 1's, fela's, etc's songs made the list. This should rather be the list of most popular Nigerian songs released in the last 15 years.
No time frame?? If you are talking about best songs of all time, Sweet Mother must be there.
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by misspineapple(f): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2017
fuckerstard:
Ice Prince - Oleku
9ce- Gongo Aso.
nonsense list witout these two

1 Like

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ushafe(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2017
Nor of these songs last more than an hour in the mind of any reasonable person
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Caveatemptor(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2017
Of all time?
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 12, 2017
All these neophytes and their worthless lists.

Here's mine:
1.Army arrangement - Fela - Kuti
2. Beasts of no nation - Fela Kuti
3. Send down the rain - Majek Fashek
4. Wait for me - KSA ft. Onyeka Onwenu
5. Water no get enemy - Fela Kuti
6. Osondu Owedi -Osadebe
7. Awe -Asa
8. Bang bang bang - Femi Kuti
9. Sweet mother- Prince Nico
10.Seun rere-Christie Ese Igbokwe.

None of those noise merchants who started America's adulterated hip hop genre from mid 90s deserves a mention. Everything in Nigeria is just going south, even our taste in music.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by harffie(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2017
ayenitre:
All these neophytes and their worthless lists:

Here's mine:
6. Osondu Owedi -Osadebe
7. Bibanke -Asa

None of those noise makers who started America's adulterated hip hop genre from mid 90s deserves a mention. Everything in Nigeria is just going south, even our taste in music.
11. Mr Raggamuffin Daniel Wilson
12. Rhumba Stylee - Ras Kimono
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by harffie(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2017
Josephamstrong1:
No gongo aso
No yahozee
No Do me
No my baby (skyB)
No Awilo
No somebody call my name (Daddy showkey)
No kolomental
U cum dey put dorobucci abi Wetin b d name
Wetin Godwin dey do for der
Rubbish undecided
Aswear op dey kolomental sef...loll
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2017
harffie:

11. Mr Raggamuffin Daniel Wilson
12. Rhumba Stylee - Ras Kimono
Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by tonio2wo: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
Op how can u forget gongo aso by nice and yahoozey by olu maintain? angry
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by maklelemakukula(m): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dumb list
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by harffie(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
ayenitre:

Your head dey there
Yezzir grin
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by TENHEU22(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Well, good songs though
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by internationalman(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
AceLove:
Op I don't know what you mean by most popular songs of all time? And you don't have a Fela, a Sunny Okosun, a Sunny Ade, an Onyeka Onwenu? Let me not join issues with you.

In my opinion, I don't think Wizkid's Ojuelegba was really big all over Nigeria especially when you compare it with other songs on your list such as Inyanya's Kurukere or Davido's Aye. No need to argue bring the songs out on the streets to find proof. The whole craze the Ojuelegba generated was because some foreign artists had a jump on it.

I personally don't think we need foreign validation on what is ours. Just as they don't send if their music pleases us in Africa.

PS: This is not to deny or remove the merits of Ojuelegba or the artist Wizkid. I think both are phenomenal in their own right.
u just took the word straight out of my mouth. The last time Wizkid had a hit or popular song was On top your matter.
I sincerely don't know d hype about him or Ojuelegba.
Davido might spew gibberish lyrics but his songs has been hits back to back. And majority of them deserve to b on the list.

1 Like

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by samsam2019: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
Where's Gongo Aso by 9ice?
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by zikkystar(m): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dem no put FAZE Kolomental?
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Certitude(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hoduwahishape:
A lot of people have twisted perception of biggest songs.
Mentioning last 15yrs and all.
I am 30 and to a very limited extent agree with OP's list.
If it didn't go international, we can't call it one of the biggest hits.
Wetin kiss Daniel dey fyn there... Talk about songs wey dey everybody lips u talk
Flavour Ashawo ...even pastors don hear am
Idris Jaga Jaga
I no get this international stuff ooo...If na so we go dey talk classic man, fada fada, fans mi, chop my money and oda mumu songs
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by captainsholo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
where's Jaiye Jaiye on the list by Wizzy?
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by galadima77(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Jeffboi:
Did op just said of all time ??

Or of indomie generation

Thank u
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by galadima77(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
ayenitre:
All these neophytes and their worthless lists.

Here's mine:
6. Osondu Owedi -Osadebe
7. Awe -Asa

None of those noise makers who started America's adulterated hip hop genre from mid 90s deserves a mention. Everything in Nigeria is just going south, even our taste in music.

Your list make sense pass d OP own sef
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by calberian: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
galadima77:
Without Fela?

Fela, Asa, PSquare, Sunny Ade . . .

. . . in fact ehn, just delete everyone in the list except Tuface Idibia.

1 Like

Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by DonBenny77(m): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
how can you talk about "oliver twist" and not give credit to the Don?

dumb list by the way
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by internationalman(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
abdurrazaq:
In no particular order, these songs belong to the hall of fame in Nigerian Music Industry:

African Queen - 2face
Cry - Modenine
Jagajaga - Eedris Abdulkareem
Oruka - Sunny Neji
Gongo A so - 9ice
Motherland (Area) - Sound Sultan
You is the One - Azadus
Skelewu - Davido (Dude deserves it)
Mr. President - African China
Olufunmi - Styl Plus
U re right bro. though I'm not a huge fan of him but with the hits he keeps dishing out back to back he deserves d recognition. Not even Wizkid can b compared to him in reference to hit songs. If we re talking about best songs of recent time, Skelewu, aye and If deserve to b on the list.
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by oyinzdml: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
WHAT ABOUT 9ICE- GONGO ASO
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Jeywalters1: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
please who compiled this list, is he serious or have memory loss..if he said for the past 15years I might agree, but greatest of all time, it's simply a big funny joke and I ain't laughing..
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ImaIma1(f): 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
I don't think woju..kurukere or ojuelegba should be in that list...even aye. We are talking about songs of ALL TIME.
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by joshuaidibia(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mandatory - Rat Race
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by muibi1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
naijaboiy:
Send down the rain- Majek Fashek

Call my name- Daddy showkey

Konko bilo- Lagbaja

Olufunmi, 4 years - styl plus

Yahooze- Olu Maintain

Alanta- ArtQuake

Oruka- Sunny Nneji

Danfo Driver- Mad melon and his companion.

Lead us well - African China

Gongo Aso - 9ice

Story for the gods- Olamide

Shoki- Lil kesh

Limpopo- kcee

e.t.c
from the bottom of my heart.....thank you so much and God bless you.
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
FTrebirth:
7. osondi owendi - osadebe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZozFgBoVw
8. won kere si number wa - fatai rolling dollars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azmay7Mc5Ao
9. african style - bright chimezie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vY3En7zMdQ
10. joromi - sir victor uwaifo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKd0pSysaf0
bonus: grin bolanle - junior and pretty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwcttpmiFE0

Also add Seun rere by Christy Essien Igbokwe and Obaro by Evi Edna Ogholi
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by FTrebirth(m): 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Also add Seun rere by Christy Essien Igbokwe and Obaro by Evi Edna Ogholi

seun rere - christy essien igbokwe (audio. bless her soul)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk

obaro - evi-edna ogholi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xrxPU8KZU

o Lord! these are nice songs! thanks, man.
Re: Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
iamrealdeji:
if you want to talk about songs that went international,none of this rubbish went international. songs that went international are many of Fela's songs like expensive shit,etc
nothing even limited,I totally disagree with this trashy list

Bro no follow am argue. If na by going international, which artiste wan go international reach Fela, Lagbaja, Femi.
Which part of the world wey Shina Peters, KSA, Orlando Owoh, Ebenezer Obey, Sir Victor Uwaifo never perform?
Even ASA international pass all those wey Op list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? / What's The Funniest Nigerian Music Lyrics You've Heard? / Atiku, MI Abaga, Patoranking, Others React To Davido’s ‘A Better Time’ Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.