Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? (18941 Views)

How Much Do Web Developers Earn / How Much Do Web Developer Jobs Pay Per Month? / How Do Web Applications Make The Travel Business Successful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2019
ChessLord:

I earn 75k
did you study it in school or you got a certification?
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by soleexx(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
segbolon:
I'm hiring talented web developers, both frontend & backend. If you are serious, hardworking, reach out to me. I'm not going to call you, send me an email with your experience, resume & portfolio.

I'm unable to pm you... I'm a front-end Web developer here is my details akinscoakinrefon90@yahoo.com
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Tompolo(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
Teedawg:
i'll advice going to IT schools to learn coding is not a good idea . for stuffs like networking sha you can because you'll have access to some equipments which you really need i feel ..i did aptech web design thou i had already bin playing with html css and Jscript so i blend in really well and the staffs thought i was sharp but it was because i had exprience thats to tell you that their regurlar students were lagging i was part time and to be honest i went there thinking i'll be taught advanced stuffs my issue was manipulating DOMs with jscript which i later learnt on sololearn may God bless the creator if i only i took the app seriously i would have done better since but i was just fantacizing about aptech and Niit..i met a partime java student who has been there for 5 months learming java meanwhile their regular students have done a lot of chapters in a week and at the end they couldnt even run a javac the partime student is their tutor he learned by downloading videos and not the powerpoint they will be reading to you guys....seriosly its just a crash course where you'll learn lots of stuffs in a brief moment and at the end cant print hello world so save that money if you wanna learn software developing use it to buy data and go to online schools like freecodecamp and codecademy like i did they have a facebook commumity where people who have faced your problem or facing will be there to help not to forget the chat community on the site itself
i am currently designing a website for a student who did webdesign in their first semester at aptech

If one take the lessons online as you suggest, how do you get a certificate to present for a job?
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Tompolo(m): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2019
Geesanni:
APTECH IS OVERRATED,DEY NO SABI,D BEST HEAD DON GO INDUSTRY GO WORK,SAME WITH NIIT,JUST FIND AREGULAR GUY TO TEACH U ONE ON ONE,ADVERTISE ON DIS SITE 4 TUTOR OR U CAN MAIL ME ON gee.koko@yahoo.com.au for java training use to design android and heavy banking application

Your location and contact pls
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by WarHorse1(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2019
An interesting question. Let me share what i know.
Wether you earn much or less in web development and its associated programming languages depends much on what you intend doing with your skills, The money is not in developing websites for clients. Most clients do not engage developers on the long run for site maintenance and maintenance is where recurring income would have been generated.
Rather than learn the skills so as to develop websites, why not learn the skills so you develop websites that solve problems and run such web sites as your own. That is what Mark of facebook has done. Most web solutions are started by website developers. Developing web sites should therefore be a means to and end (solution that pays you regularly) and not an end in itself.
As regards where or how to learn web development, you may wish to attend an institution but that will definitely give you limited knowledge. Much of the web sites I see developed by Nigerians are more static that database driven. Learn from the internet. Check w3schools.com. I good site to start with. There could be better ones though.
If you plan to learn the skills of web development so you can scout for clients to build sites for, you go hungry o. I do not mean there are no client that will pay well o. But there are few. Rather, if you learn to build a site that will solve a problem, you get revenues as long as the problem exits and your site is the solution.
So, along with web site development, do some learning on need identification, innovation and product development. Hopefully, this helps with direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Geesanni: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
Reach me on dat my mail
Tompolo:

Your location and contact pls
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
Please am a good with python-django/html/javascript what amount do you think i can get payed for web design cos i don't have a degree but am fluent in them and web designing using them
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by famuad: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
Apply For Facebook Accelerator London Program 2019 for young African Entrepreneurs

It will close on October 18th, 2019

http://allyourfocus.com/facebook-accelerator-london-program-2019-for-african-entrepreneurs/
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Abcruz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
Lawren76:
Please am a good with python-django/html/javascript what amount do you think i can get payed for web design cos i don't have a degree but am fluent in them and web designing using them

Of course!
You can go over to online marketplace like Fiverr and sell your skills to the world.

You can learn about Fiverr on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Tosineb: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
if you want to enjoy learning programming easily, I will advise you search for Traversy media or search for Angela yu on udemy

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by techtechh: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
Which is the best affordable hosting site in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... / C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Web Based Software Vs Standalone Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.