Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? (5148 Views)

Programming Logic Challenge / How To Code This Logic With Php... / Chemistry! Help A Brother To Solve These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by greatface(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
Please point out where I implied either implicitly or otherwise that one approach is best. Stop bragging on what's largely an idea. It may never work when finally implemented and therefore I see no reason for the blind and unnecessary boasting.
AM MATCHING THE BRAKE PEDAL HERE PLEASE.
MAYBE AM NOT COMMUNICATING MY THOUGHTS VERY WELL BEHIND THIS KEYBOARD.

AM NOT BOASTING PLEASE AS AM STILL A KID PROGRAMMER. AM YET TO RELEASE ANY PROJECT TO THE PUBLIC AND WISHES TO BE CORRECTED THAN ENGAGED.

THANKS AND BYE.
gringringrin
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by peter087: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
Olyboy16:

create a js script on your server (say monitor.js), make sure its accessible. then just like including jquery from cdn, the webmaster writes script tags that points to your script.
<script src='http://yoursite.com/service/monitor.js'></script>
when the webmaster load the page containing this snippet, your js script gets loaded in the webpage automatically. so you have access to the document and window object. in your case since you wish to check the presence of your link.
simply write js code that updates your database with ajax ever time d script gets executed. to recognize the webmaster, check the window.location string to confirm the domain that is calling your script.
incase you need to write something on the webmaster's webpage; maybe a link or pic. just encourage the webmaster to create an element with a unique id like facebook's 'fb-root' on his page, then you can access that id from your script!
c'est fini!

wow!, this is another nice solution, i understand the concept better now. i also thought of using an iframe
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
greatface:
AM MATCHING THE BRAKE PEDAL HERE PLEASE.
MAYBE AM NOT COMMUNICATING MY THOUGHTS VERY WELL BEHIND THIS KEYBOARD.

AM NOT BOASTING PLEASE AS AM STILL A KID PROGRAMMER. AM YET TO RELEASE ANY PROJECT TO THE PUBLIC AND WISHES TO BE CORRECTED THAN ENGAGED.

THANKS AND BYE.
gringringrin
With the way you interfered and refuse to clarify your stance, you gave me next to no choice in interpreting ur actions..
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by greatface(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
With the way you interfered and refuse to clarify your stance, you gave me next to no choice in interpreting ur actions..
MY APOLOGY.

gringringrin
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by peter087: 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
Please point out where I implied either implicitly or otherwise that one approach is best. Stop bragging on what's largely an idea. It may never work when finally implemented and therefore I see no reason for the blind and unnecessary boasting.

Please we are all here to learn, personally i dont think anyone is a perfect programmer, algorithms are just ways of thinking and since we have different ways of thinking, they are bound to be diff. solutions to the same problem, i have learnt alot from this discussion and i appreciate everyone's opinion. We learn from each other that's the most important part.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
greatface:
MY APOLOGY.

gringringrin
Apology 'accepted'.
Initially, I was expecting something similar to stackoverflow.com where people are bound to provide their own meaning & explanation to ideas and answers they come out to disagree with.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
peter087:

Please we are all here to learn, personally i dont think anyone is a perfect programmer, algorithms are just ways of thinking and since we have different ways of thinking, they are bound to be diff. solutions to the same problem, i have learnt alot from this discussion and i appreciate everyone's opinion. We learn from each other that's the most important part.
Left to me API & web service are very similar in the sense that they offer an outsider or external program the door to interact with softwares. While API is tied to the language in which a software is implemented a web service is open to any language that can manipulate XML. I still don't get the point of those whn don't agree with my definition of web service.
OP said he programs in Phyton so I thought it might be cool to explore the web service option as against the API option that forces you tn use specific language.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by greatface(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
Apology 'accepted'.
Initially, I was expecting something similar to stackoverflow.com where people are bound to provide their own meaning & explanation to ideas and answers they come out to disagree with.
THANKS

AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON WEB APP WHERE PROGRAMMERS CAN HELP OUT EACH OTHER AND THAT WILL BE WELL MODERATED. I HAVEN'T GONE FAR THAN IMPLEMENTING BASIC THINGS LIKE REGISTRATION, LOG IN, LIKES, SHARE, FOLLOW, AND SOME OTHER ESSENTIALS.

THE PROJECT IS SLOW DUE TO LACK OF LAPTOP/DESKTOP. I STARTED WITH MY ANDROID PHONE.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
greatface:
THANKS

AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON WEB APP WHERE PROGRAMMERS CAN HELP OUT EACH OTHER AND THAT WILL BE WELL MODERATED. I HAVEN'T GONE FAR THAN IMPLEMENTING BASIC THINGS LIKE REGISTRATION, LOG IN, LIKES, SHARE, FOLLOW, AND SOME OTHER ESSENTIALS.

THE PROJECT IS SLOW DUE TO LACK OF LAPTOP/DESKTOP. I STARTED WITH MY ANDROID PHONE.
Well I am not so deep into web dev or programming yet. I am a bit of perfectionist and spent lot of time obsessing over performance, security, and aestethics of web apps - and it extended my learning curve. I am currently developing a web app template that uses a programmatically implemented login mechanisim. I am trying to structure it in a way that each user can have a unique combinination of privileges. Each privilege will be tied to a specific function within the business logic or controller code (MVC). After that i will think of ideas that can go into such app. It just a security templete written with combo of Java, JSP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS and possibly Javascript(Jquery). It will be my first job since I switched lane in IT career.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by greatface(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
Well I am not so deep into web dev or programming yet. I am a bit of perfectionist and spent lot of time obsessing over performance, security, and aestethics of web apps - and it extended my learning curve. I am currently developing a web app template that uses a programmatically implemented login mechanisim. I am trying to structure it in a way that each user can have a unique combinination of privileges. Each privilege will be tied to a specific function within the business logic or controller code (MVC). After that i will think of ideas that can go into such app. It just a security templete written with combo of Java, JSP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS and possibly Javascript(Jquery). It will be my first job since I switched lane in IT career.
THATS NICE. LETS KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

gringringrin
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by 4kings: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
So according to you what is a web service? We are not here to brag & lambaste but to brainstorm & learn. Please educate us.
From my comments with you, it should have been very apparent that i sought to learn about this "web service" and i've never heard of it before now.
That's why i was asking you many questions.

From what i've read so far from this link i got from a comment in stackoverflow

A web service and an api are basically similar but all web services are APIs and not all APIs are web services.

I had no idea that goole for example was just a regular API(i thought there were more functionality behind this "web service" ) so that was why i asked of the difference when using goole over a normal google API.
Now i understand what a web service is. Thanks.

I don't know where "brag & lambaste" came from, but i never meant to, i was just asking questions.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
4kings:

jesus!!!
Is that really what a web service is?

If that's the case then what would make me use goole over standard google api. @ DESYNER
This was why i was confused cos i thought there's more to this 'web service', i didn't know it was just an api.[if i'm wrong please correct me]

if you get to crawl the site, whether using your own crawler or their api if they have one, you can always easily crawl through the pages too.

If you are to crawl nairaland for example you can use this link
https://www.nairaland.com/links/var
where var is a variable in a loop from range 0 to 100 to keep crawling from page 0 to 100.

4kings:

From my comments with you, it should have been very apparent that i sought to learn about this "web service" and i've never heard of it before now.
That's why i was asking you many questions.

From what i've read so far from this link i got from a comment in stackoverflow

A web service and an api are basically similar but all web services are APIs and not all APIs are web services.

I had no idea that goole for example was just a regular API(i thought there were more functionality behind this "web service" ) so that was why i asked of the difference when using goole over a normal google API.
Now i understand what a web service is. Thanks.

I don't know where "brag & lambaste" came from, but i never meant to, i was just asking questions.
Web service hides behinds XML and that makes it open to being consumed by dev of many languages unlike APIs that are mostly language specific. Can you use php to manipulate java ee or java to work with laravel(php)? Those are like api. They are used interchangably but are two technically different terms.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by 4kings: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:

Web service hides behinds XML and that makes it open to being consumed by dev of many languages unlike APIs that are mostly language specific. Can you use php to manipulate java ee or java to work with laravel(php)? Those are like api. They are used interchangably but are two technically different terms.
OK
This is the answer i needed.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
It sounds like what you are asking for can be found in a graph data structure of some sort. With DFS (depth first searching) you should be able to check whether not the link distributed has been posted by others.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
4kings:

OK
This is the answer i needed.
Really! Posted the explanation before n tot u saw it.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Olyboy16:

create a js script on your server (say monitor.js), make sure its accessible. then just like including jquery from cdn, the webmaster writes script tags that points to your script.
<script src='http://yoursite.com/service/monitor.js'></script>
when the webmaster load the page containing this snippet, your js script gets loaded in the webpage automatically. so you have access to the document and window object. in your case since you wish to check the presence of your link.
simply write js code that updates your database with ajax ever time d script gets executed. to recognize the webmaster, check the window.location string to confirm the domain that is calling your script.
incase you need to write something on the webmaster's webpage; maybe a link or pic. just encourage the webmaster to create an element with a unique id like facebook's 'fb-root' on his page, then you can access that id from your script!
c'est fini!
This also a nice solution. I think it rates above the web service or API approach because it uses less resources.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by 4kings: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Desyner:
Really! Posted the explanation before n tot u saw it.
Nah this was what you posted:
"A web service can be programatically manipulated thereby saving u the stress of entering you links into the search bar and comparing results manually"
which was what brought about the confusion between that and an API.

But this definition: "Web service hides behinds XML and that makes it open to being consumed by dev of many languages unlike APIs that are mostly language specific"
points out the difference of not being language specific.

My whole confusion revolved around this little ignorance that was why i kept on asking of the difference between a web service(goole) and a normal api(google api).
Hope you get me now.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Desyner: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
@4kings
Web service is service provided by another web that u can use.

Desyner:
Left to me API & web service are very similar in the sense that they offer an outsider or external program the door to interact with softwares. While API is tied to the language in which a software is implemented a web service is open to any language that can manipulate XML. I still don't get the point of those whn don't agree with my definition of web service.
OP said he programs in Phyton so I thought it might be cool to explore the web service option as against the API option that forces you tn use specific language.
I am not pc otherwise would av luv 2 provide more info on topic.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Olyboy16(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
peter087:

wow!, this is another nice solution, i understand the concept better now. i also thought of using an iframe

nah! from performance perspective, iframe is less efficient and even introduces vulnerabilities that the webmaster can easily exploit. the best solution is to let the webmaster create scaffolds where you'll simply put your content! its the modern solution used by fb, twitter nd co
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by peter087: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Olyboy16:

nah! from performance perspective, iframe is less efficient and even introduces vulnerabilities that the webmaster can easily exploit. the best solution is to let the webmaster create scaffolds where you'll simply put your content! its the modern solution used by fb, twitter nd co

Ok Thanks
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by dexed(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
peter087:
What is the best method to solve this;

Say i have a link and i want to give that link to 5 websites owners to post on their website, how can i check if they actually posted the link without manually going through their sites.

Please who can help me with an idea using either PHP or JavaScript. Thanks

Have the webmasters submit the page they posted the link on on your site, crawl that page and search for the link on the page
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Com4th4u: 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hello.
Am looking for a very good Phyton programmer who can work with me on my project. Here is my whatapp number 07060700122. Please contact me if you can
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Collinsanele: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
This can be done using web scraping/crawling in Python in less than 14 lines of code.
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by asalimpo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
4kings:

Probably i dont understand what you mean by ''web service'' and the means of manipulating it, but what's the difference between that and using google api to programmatically enter the url links?
Can this b done? Is it free? U mean some1 can programmatically query google?
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by abula112(m): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
crawl and search the website for the link with php or python, or write a simple api that send u a email or send an sms or simply save info in a file, then tell the website owner to insert a js code u wrote to periodically fetch for the api u wrote with parameters unique to each website, also use the js code to place the link on the website
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Ceekay212: 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
Code a spider in python to crawl the sh*t out of sites........you can host said code on Pythonanywhere.com
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Echatbook: 1:05am On Mar 27, 2019
dexed:

Have the webmasters submit the page they posted the link on on your site, crawl that page and search for the link on the page

perfect answer
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by kaythinks(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
JavaScript will do this easily. Write a script that checks the URL of the current site and then send that via API calls to ur backend for persistence. Hit me up if you want me to help u.
kaythinks@gmail.com
peter087:
What is the best method to solve this;

Say i have a link and i want to give that link to 5 websites owners to post on their website, how can i check if they actually posted the link without manually going through their sites.

Please who can help me with an idea using either PHP or JavaScript. Thanks

Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by aliencode: 9:16am On Mar 31, 2019
Chat me up /2348109694608
Re: I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? by Bluelaces: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2019
With python you could use
Selenium: browser automation would visit dos sites and pull out info...it's needed if the site content are generated by JavaScript
Bs4 and request: if no JavaScript content you could crawl the site to

Note this 2 libraries would do badass stuff in 20 lines of code ......Google is your friend dearly beloved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Python Smtp Scanner / Ruby Programmers And Programming / How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.