Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits (1363 Views)

Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 / Ghanaian Man Storms Bank With Mattress, Pillow & Bedsheet (Video) / Advantages and Disadvantages Of Fixed Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by sicily4u: 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
Like the topic says, only know about first bank with ,5%interest with minimum of 150k for 30days, so I need to know other banks
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
sicily4u:
Like the topic says, only know about first bank with ,5%interest with minimum of 150k for 30days, so I need to know other banks
You may need to try Stanbic IBTC. I don't know their minimum amount but their interest rate is 8.25% for monthly stuff & 8.5% for 3months plan. I only run fixed deposit with stanbic IBTC & what I posted is based on information given to me in the last 3months & that's the current rate they are giving me up until this minute.
Above all, fixed deposit is not a business, you can only put your excess cash there or in case of future use.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

You may need to try Stanbic IBTC. I don't know their minimum amount but their interest rate is 8.25% for monthly stuff & 8.5% for 3months plan. I only run fixed deposit with stanbic IBTC & what I posted is based on information given to me in the last 3months & that's the current rate they are giving me up until this minute.
Above all, fixed deposit is not a business, you can only put your excess cash there or in case of future use.

Bro 5% on 150k is cool nau... if this rate is the current rate, then it's worth just dropping cash there
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by sicily4u: 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

Thanks for ur contribution, I just want to fix the money for future use, for about a month or more
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Damolux01(m): 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
why not try Treasury Bill...You can get 18.5 and its very safe.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

Bro 5% on 150k is cool nau... if this rate is the current rate, then it's worth just dropping cash there
But stanbic offered something higher than that. besides, the calculation goes thus 5/100 X amount ÷ 12. hope you get the logic sir?
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by thesicilian: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
why not try Treasury Bill...You can get 18.5 and its very safe.
Where does one get practical information on investing in Treasury Bills? Which professional or office does one go to?
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

But stanbic offered something higher than that. besides, the calculation goes thus 5/100 X amount ÷ 12. hope you get the logic sir?

I can relate but why the divide by 12 ?...
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
sicily4u:

Thanks for ur contribution, I just want to fix the money for future use, for about a month or more
use stanbic ibtc then. you can contact them on facebook for quick response or visit their branch nearest to you.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

I can relate but why the divide by 12 ?...
but that's the normal calculation for fixed deposit irrespective of bank involved. Honestly I don't know why its so
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Damolux01(m): 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
thesicilian:

Where does one get practical information on investing in Treasury Bills? Which professional or office does one go to?
Go to 'Investment' thread...You will see treasury bills...make sure u try and read from page 1 to where we stop. You will be glad God directed me to you.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

but that's the normal calculation for fixed deposit irrespective of bank involved. Honestly I don't know why its so

So if i want to fix 100k.. it is five divide by 100 multiple by 100 divide by 12... the result is 416.66.. This 416.6 is it the monthly increment ?
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by sicily4u: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
So if some one fix 100k with 5% interest for 1month how much is he/,she expected at end of 30days
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

So if i want to fix 100k.. it is five divide by 100 multiple by 100 divide by 12... the result is 416.66.. This 416.6 is it the monthly increment ?
yeah grin grin grin its kinda ridiculous
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
sicily4u:
So if some one fix 100k with 5% interest for 1month how much is he/,she expected at end of 30days
416naira. fixed deposit is not an investment because there are many reasonable business that will give you good return within a month.
I only fixed money that I used for special business pending to the time that I will make use of it.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

yeah grin grin grin its kinda ridiculous

Lol..When i have over100 projects I can invest the money... that's crap.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

Lol..When i have over100 projects I can invest the money... that's crap.
lol
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:
lol

I rather look at it in my bank account... wink
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

I rather look at it in my bank account... wink
but it won't yield kobo these days. I left more than 1m in my diamond bank account for more than amount without withdrawing a kobo due to the fact that I don't use it for transaction for that month although I do receive some payment to the account, instead of me to get any interest, my lovely diamond bank deducted 52naira or so as atm maintenance fee whereas fixed deposit could have fetch me 6k+ at least to buy foodstuff grin grin grin fixed deposit is only meant for keeping money for future project.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

but it won't yield kobo these days. I left more than 1m in my diamond bank account for more than amount without withdrawing a kobo due to the fact that I don't use it for transaction for that month although I do receive some payment to the account, instead of me to get any interest, my lovely diamond bank deducted 52naira or so as atm maintenance fee whereas fixed deposit could have fetch me 6k+ at least to buy foodstuff grin grin grin fixed deposit is only meant for keeping money for future project.

I rather give a funds manager who will give me 30-40% conveniently on soft risk after a year than that crap...Do you know banks hire expert fund managers to help make money and they now pay peanuts... We are their donkeys... That's why GTB declared 160Billion after taxprofit even during a recession.. awon ole
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

I rather give a funds manager who will give me 30-40% conveniently on soft risk after a year than that crap...Do you know banks hire expert fund managers to help make money and they now pay peanuts... We are their donkeys... That's why GTB declared 160Billion after taxprofit even during a recession.. awon ole
You are 100% correct, Nigerian banks is the biggest fraud.
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:

You are 100% correct, Nigerian banks is the biggest fraud.

The 65 Naira per withdrawal after three transactions... The commissions on online transfer, the complex loaning mafia-rism in the banking sector...alll I wish...With the situation in the country, almost seems there's no desire to set things straight..
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by Fxmanager(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

Follow the topic below as you can be interested.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg#58360861
Re: Which Bank With Highest Interest In Fixed Deposits by jjjjj2017: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
connectpoint:

The 65 Naira per withdrawal after three transactions... The commissions on online transfer, the complex loaning mafia-rism in the banking sector...alll I wish...With the situation in the country, almost seems there's no desire to set things straight..
too bad.

(1) (Reply)

Advice From Exporters In Nigerian / Kindle Publishing Income - How Profitable It Is Now / Please Recommend Any VCC That Can Be Used To Purchase Apps On Google Playstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.