Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19936 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by JamesReacher(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Sorry, maybe next season..
Arrghh. Okay then
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Sorry, maybe next season..
Thanks for understanding..
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2017
Shalomdee:
Thought this was in August, anyway I missed so I am here to just watch and learn, I've still not recovered from being kicked out of Stars 2017 Writing Competition
Yes, the battle itself is in August. This is the selection stage...
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Gmike2rule(m): 4:02am On Jul 14, 2017
This might really ignite into my core... perhaps a challenge will raise the dying morale. good job @ divepen
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2017
Prizes: Prizes: Winner:#10,000
First runner up:# 5000
Second runner up: #3000
Third runner up: A #1000 card recharge card..
All Stories sent would be in Our Review ' In Short Words' FlashFictions( Maiden Edition).

1. GSteve001
2. Missnande
3. OluwabuqqyYOLO
4. Heryordele94
5. Debbietiyan
6. meneski
7. McLove
8. horlahmieh
9. Kusibe77
10. AyarmBoye
11.Jazmiynne
12. expensive2
13. KimberlyWest
14. Chipappii
15. Oyindawealth
16. comelyJummy
17. skarlett
18. Trip4Jozzy
19. devilmaycry
20. Lesky3
21. illicit
22. Frankenstein
23. perrypablo
24. boffinjay
25. piroux
26. Gmike2rule
27. ToluLolu0122
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gmike2rule:
This might really ignite into my core... perhaps a challenge will raise the dying morale. good job @ divepen
Thanks boss .
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
8 days to go.. If you've not sent your entry, please do.
1. GSteve001 2. Missnande 3. OluwabuqqyYOLO 4. Heryordele94 5. Debbietiyan 6. meneski 7. McLove 8. horlahmieh 9. Kusibe77 10. AyarmBoye 11.Jazmiynne 12. expensive2 13. KimberlyWest 14. Chipappii 15. Oyindawealth 16. comelyJummy 17. skarlett 18. Trip4Jozzy 19. devilmaycry 20. Lesky3 21. illicit 22. Frankenstein 23. perrypablo 24. boffinjay 25. piroux 26. Gmike2rule 27. ToluLolu0122
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Oyindawealth(f): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
Divepen1:
8 days to go.. If you've not sent your entry, please do.

1. GSteve001
2. Missnande
3. OluwabuqqyYOLO
4. Heryordele94
5. Debbietiyan
6. meneski
7. McLove
8. horlahmieh
9. Kusibe77
10. AyarmBoye
11.Jazmiynne
12. expensive2
13. KimberlyWest
14. Chipappii
15. Oyindawealth
16. comelyJummy
17. skarlett
18. Trip4Jozzy
19. devilmaycry
20. Lesky3
21. illicit
22. Frankenstein
23. perrypablo
24. boffinjay
25. piroux
26. Gmike2rule
27. ToluLolu0122
I'm sorry but I don't really understand d procedures
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Oyindawealth:
I'm sorry but I don't really understand d procedures
For the first stage send your 250 words story to my mail, akintayoakinjide0@gmail.com
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Oyindawealth(f): 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
Divepen1:
For the first stage send your 250 words story to my mail, akintayoakinjide0@gmail.com
okay... Alright,I now understand........
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2017
5 days to go. If you've not sent your entry, please do.
1. GSteve001 2. Missnande 3. OluwabuqqyYOLO 4. Heryordele94 5. Debbietiyan 6. meneski 7. McLove 8. horlahmieh 9. Kusibe77 10. AyarmBoye 11.Jazmiynne 12. expensive2 13. KimberlyWest 14. Chipappii 15. Oyindawealth 16. comelyJummy 17. skarlett 18. Trip4Jozzy 19. devilmaycry 20. Lesky3 21. illicit 22. Frankenstein 23. perrypablo 24. boffinjay 25. piroux 26. Gmike2rule 27. ToluLolu0122
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 4:50am On Aug 02, 2017
I learnt something yesterday...never post ur story early... I guese thats the welcome i got in my writing career.

I pray to write better, there is always another time... Watch out for me.

R.......

A.........

L.......

peace.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:26am On Aug 02, 2017
meneski:
I learnt something yesterday...never post ur story early... I guese thats the welcome i got in my writing career.

I pray to write better, there is always another time... Watch out for me.

R.......

A.........

L.......

peace.
I don't think so. I think those who post their works earlier have higher chances. Meanwhile, there is hope. The judges still need to pick 3 more contestants
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 5:57am On Aug 02, 2017
I pray I'm part if the 3 the judges will pick now
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 6:16am On Aug 02, 2017
please i would be glad if my story could be reviewed so i wont make the same mistake i made before @ Audreytimms, Larrysun and repogirl. pls my entry is 14.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 6:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Heryordele94:
please i would be glad if my story could be reviewed so i wont make the same mistake i made before @ Audreytimms, Larrysun and repogirl. pls my entry is 14.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by repogirl(f): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Heryordele94:
please i would be glad if my story could be reviewed so i wont make the same mistake i made before @ Audrey.Audrey.timms, Larr.Larr.ysun and repo.girl. pls my entry is 14.
It is a really funny story and you did quite well with your grammar but you need to do more work on your style. A good style makes your reader form an attachment with your character.

It's not enough to write the story, you have make your readers become part of the story. You have to pick your words carefully, construct it so that anyone reading would genuinely feel your character.

Also, in your story, I would have liked to know why the character was being tormented by the soldier. What did he do that landed him in that situation.

The ending was the best part of the story, every other part didn't do much for me. Next time, try and create a story with more depth. Let it have a beginning (introduction to the character), a conflict and then an end, which is as a result of the conflict.

Hope this helps. Keep writing and you'll find your style.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2017
repogirl:
It is a really funny story and you did quite well with your grammar but you need to do more work on your style. A good style makes your reader form an attachment with your character.

It's not enough to write the story, you have make your readers become part of the story. You have to pick your words carefully, construct it so that anyone reading would genuinely feel your character.

Also, in your story, I would have liked to know why the character was being tormented by the soldier. What did he do that landed him in that situation.

The ending was the best part of the story, every other part didn't do much for me. Next time, try and create a story with more depth. Let it have a beginning (introduction to the character), a conflict and then an end, which is as a result of the conflict.

Hope this helps. Keep writing and you'll find your style.
Thanks for taking your time to go through my work, it really means alot to me, will work on my style of writing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please help review the first story I submitted too to avoid mistakes in the second round! Entry 17
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
The following people have been selected and have been paired.
This would be posted on the discussion thread and would be transferred by Divepen1
Date August 2-4
— The judges would have paired contestants before the battle starts and would pick a winner from each group. This mean, the judges would have 3 contestants left.
— The judges are allowed to steal any two contestants that lose from other judge.
Team Repo
Missnande vs ToluLolu0122
piroux vs Jazmiynne
illicit vs Meneski
Team Elixir ( Audreytimm)
Debbietiyan versus Heryordele94
GSteve001 versus Mclove
Gmike2rule versus kimberlywest
Team LSD
Kusibe versus OluwabuqqyYOLO
Chipappi versus Frankenstein
Skarlett versus Perrypablo
cc:
Repogirl
Audreytimms
Larrysun
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divepen1, please, when's the deadline for the drabble?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Divepen1, please, when's the deadline for the drabble?
4th August
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
THE WAGES OF SIN

The bullet hit him straight on the forehead. He blinked, staggered and fell backward.

It was the longest step he ever took. For one thing, it lasted him the rest of his life.

Steve arose in a world of darkness, icy confusion pouring through his mind. But all he could think of at the moment was the hooded figure standing before him.

“I never thought it would end this way. I only wanted my due.”

He had served me well alive, killing and destroying lives. Everyone would be glad to see him die, except me.

CONGRATULATIONS. YOU’VE GOT IT.

100 words excluding the title

12 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divepen1:
4th August
Today's 2 oh. Please make it the 5th.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divepen1:
4th August
Are we supposed to post our entries or send them to your email?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
FOR ONE OR ALL?

Even at the orifice of death, he couldn't believe his fiance will shoot him.

The only person he has treated with amorousness.

But there she stood defiantly remorseless of what she did, still pointing the Glock at him, ready to finish the deed.

Conjuring the last strenght in him, coughing out blood violently he began.

"If i should die a million times, i don't mind you killing me all through. I will love you again and agaaaiiin" coughs again.

BOOM! And his skull haboured a bullet.

She had to kill the president for her safty and of the citizenry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Excluding the title its a hundred word piece.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 3:58am On Aug 03, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Today's 2 oh. Please make it the 5th.
I'm sorry ooo.. All the dates are fixed. You saw them in the instructions before the competition, you would have lodged a complaints and probably corrections would have been made.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 4:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Frankenstein:
Are we supposed to post our entries or send them to your email?
Post them here.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Divepen1:
I'm sorry ooo.. All the dates are fixed. You saw them in the instructions before the competition, you would have lodged a complaints and probably corrections would have been made.
Okay, bro.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
FIRST KISS

She had longed to feel his lips on hers the minute she laid eyes on him, and she knew he wanted the same.

They had known virtually, for a year, but the attraction kicked-in first sighting. He would be her first, she was glad she waited. She would be his tenth, she didn't know that, though wouldn't have minded, if she did.

They were standing so close, eyes staring intently into each other’s, then she felt the tickle on her lips, just as he stepped back.

Confused, she reached for her lips, chasing away the fly that had settled there.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Chipappii(m): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
Murder She Wrote

She never told him why she went to jail. Jennifer probably thought it never mattered to him, she was wrong and he left her for Mary.

She had chatted him up on the night of their honeymoon and told him the reason why. The answer she gave screamed out to him, his eyes bulged when he read the message.

Then he heard a sound of gunshot downstairs. He rushed out and from the stairs he saw Mary on the floor, in her pool of blood, Jennifer stood over her. She raised the gun at him.

"Murder" was what she wrote.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.