Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,975 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (20166 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I thought voting isn't important yet and only those who are dropped will need votes, right, Divepen1?
Yes.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
Will the thread make Frontpage for the voting at the final stage? It would seem to be a popularity contest if the contestants campaign for votes.

No. It will only move there when the winnee has been announced.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
skarlett:

I want to suggest it should be the contestant's post because its easier that way. Plus some people are complaining that they can't find my post. Then again, I've been offline for two days, if I didn't come online now I wouldn't have known about this, meaning my previous votes would have gone to naught and that is not cool
The thread will make it open to everyone reading it.
I said we are using the voice format. That thread is the stage of the competition.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
Debbietiyan:

It would be fair if votes from both threads are combinedly counted

It would come to think of it, then in the next round the mod will state precisely what post would be counted
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
skarlett:

It would come to think of it, then in the next round the mod will state precisely what post would be counted

Likes from both threads combined would be tantamount to inaccuracy (duplicate votes). That's because 1 person can like both threads and it would be counted as 2 votes instead of 1.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Yes.

But will another day be chosen for the unselected contestants to solicit for votes? Isn't it like the person with the highest number of votes that was not selected will make it to the next round?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Yes.
Okay. I hope I don't need the votes.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Likes from both threads combined would be tantamount to inaccuracy (duplicate votes). That's because 1 person can like both threads and it would be counted as 2 votes instead of 1.

oh well, whatever the mod says then
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
The thread will make it open to everyone reading it.
I said we are using the voice format. That thread is the stage of the competition.

okay...
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
skarlett:

But will another day be chosen for the unselected contestants to solicit for votes? Isn't it like the person with the highest number of votes that was not selected will make it to the next round?
Yes, they will be allowed.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2017
A Glimpse At Us

The last guest paid her condolence and left. Max wiped his face and dumped himself unto the sofa. He nodded at his wife and she replied with the faintest smile. Their son's death brought more relief than pain.

Their kid was an 1mbecile, and I was the only one who knew of his beautiful paintings.

Divepen1
Audreytimms

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
@divepen1 and audreytimms
I had to write the "1mbecile" like that.... Nairaland bot is censoring the word and changing it to something else.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
No. It will only move there when the winnee has been announced.
Oh. I was thinking the final stage would be anonymous like the blind audition and readers alone would vote without interference from the contestants.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
Oh. I was thinking the final stage would be anonymous like the blind audition and readers alone would vote without interference from the contestants.
This will be the most sensible thing to do.

CC: Divepen1

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

This will be the most sensible thing to do.

CC: Divepen1
Well, that's why I told you the formats we would be following. The voice competition is such that the winner is chosen by vote also and they would be known. That's why you have to keep performing well to make them happy. More over, the judges would keep selecting one contestant each as the competition progresses.
The essence of this competition is not only to get winners, and good writers; it is aimed at encouraging marketing.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Well, that's why I told you the formats we would be following. The voice competition is such that the winner is chosen by vote also and they would be known. That's why you have to keep performing well to make them happy. More over, the judges would keep selecting one contestant each as the competition progresses.
The essence of this competition is not only to get winners, and good writers; it is aimed at encouraging marketing.

Okay, brother. Now, I understand.

I really don't know about this The Voice you're saying, ergo.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
When will the judges verdict come na

Tension is killing someborri here oh grin grin
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
skarlett:
When will the judges verdict come na

Tension is killing someborri here oh grin grin
grin

Who has their PO Box addresses? We need to write to them.

Divepen1

Larrysun

Audreytimms

Repogirl
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Frankenstein:
grin

Who has their PO Box addresses? We need to write to them.

Dive pen1

Larr ysun

Audre ytimms

Repo girl

They should pity us na sad
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wow am so happy @ repogirl I promise to be more careful @missnande Congrats @ kusibe Wish you the best bro

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
LarrySun:
Selected Contestants:

1. OluwabuqqyYOLO

2. Gmike2Rule

Ah, the journey ends for me! It was worth it all through. Never knew I could piece together the entries I dropped until I tried.

Larrysun, a review/critique of my post, please. I would like to take corrections and improve my writing.

Congrats, OluwabuqqyYOLO.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by LarrySun(m): 12:01am On Aug 12, 2017
Frankenstein:

Ah, the journey ends for me! It was worth it all through. Never knew I could piece together the entries I dropped until I tried.

Larrysun, a review/critique of my post, please. I would like to take corrections and improve my writing.

Done, sir.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 4:02am On Aug 12, 2017
At this point, readers, fans and lovers, we will need your vote. Each person is entitled to two votes, a like and a share. The person(two) with the highest vote wins, this would run for only today. Readers are to vote for
1. Kimberlywest

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59335518

2. Debbietiyan

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/2#59316768
3. Kusibe77

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59326422
4. Jasminnye
https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59331272

5. Skarlett
https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/2#59316638

6. Frankenstein

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/2#59322631
The top two proceed to the next stage. Please go through the thread and read their works.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 5:18am On Aug 12, 2017
@ repogirl I picked from that; wanted reader to find it weird and understand later. I see I got it wrong. Thanks Ma'am, lesson learnt.
@ illicit i see you too, all the best man.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2017
Thank you for the glowing review Larrysun smiley
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2017
Frankenstein:

Thank you, brother. You were a gallant soldier, welldone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2017
Larrysun, you surely wanted to go through a battle when you put me against Frankenstein. But I'm glad you did 'cos it really pushed my limits. And, yeah, keep getting those creeps. That rough diamond is coming for you, you well know. Thank you for the review.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2017
skarlett:

Dear mum,

“This is the girl I have chosen to spend my life with. She will make you a grandma one day. What do you think, mum? She’s smart, beautiful and is an amazing woman, just like you.”

These are words I will never tell my mother. And the reason is because she died yesterday.

This os straight to the heart. Well done.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2017
iamloyalty:

This os straight to the heart. Well done.

Thank you ma'am

Please vote for me by liking and sharing the post here https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/2

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Skimpledawg(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I thought voting isn't important yet and only those who are dropped will need votes, right, Divepen1?
My G, I see you.

Keep up the good work. Success
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2017
Skimpledawg:

My G, I see you.

Keep up the good work. Success
Baba, thank you. Make we sup over WhatsApp. I'll send you a mail now.

Nairaland say I've sent too many anonymous mails. Please send to me instead.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Skimpledawg(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Baba, thank you. Make we sup over WhatsApp. I'll send you a mail now.

Nairaland say I've sent too many anonymous mails. Please send to me instead.

Send me a mail to with ya contact baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire. / Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.