Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19945 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Wow, Frankenstein! I'm freaking nervous! angry
Oh, please! Don't flatter me, 'readers and judges' favourite'.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Divepen1, I am a little confused about the next stage.
Stage 4 and 5 start and end on the same dates.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Frankenstein:
Divepen1, I am a little confused about the next stage.

Stage 4 and 5 start and end on the same dates.
That's a mistake.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
Divepen1:
That's a mistake.
Ok. So, stage 5 comes at a later date?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Frankenstein:
Oh, please! Don't flatter me, 'readers and judges' favourite'.
And you believe the flattery would work on me
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

And you believe the flattery would work on me
You can stop being modest. It's blatant!

While you dish it out easily, I will have to look for a mountain; a serene environment for the perfect 'god-tier' muse if I am to stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
pairing

Team Repogirl

Jazzmiynne vs missnande
Illicit vs Kusibe77

Team Elixir
Debbietiyan versus piroux
Kimberlywest versus GSteve001

Team Larrysun

OluwabuqqyYOLO vs Frankenstein
Skarlett vs Gmike2Rule

Stage 4: 55 fiction (55 words)- Knockout Stage. August 8-10
The stories would be in 55 words.
— Here, the judges would pick just 2 contestants each, making us have 6 of the 12 contestants left in the competition.
However, readers would be involved in this process. They would vote for the contestants. Two Contestants with the highest votes would be able to join the next stage, making us have 8 contestants left.

Shares and Likes are the point count.

Contestants can rally for points
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Frankenstein:
You can stop being modest. It's blatant!

While you dish it out easily, I will have to look for a mountain; a serene environment for the perfect 'god-tier' muse if I am to stand a chance.
You see, that's what makes the burden so heavy. The expectations and the hype. I planned to win as an underdog. It's all made thinking difficult. Can you maybe give the haziest hint on how to find the flawless muse?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

You see, that's what makes the burden so heavy. The expectations and the hype. I planned to win as an underdog. It's all made thinking difficult. Can you maybe give the haziest hint on how to find the flawless muse?
How should I know? grin

In this competition however, you are the better narrator and you play with metaphors like a favorite toy. So, whatever I come up with, I won't take you up on that.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Frankenstein:
How should I know? grin

In this competition however, you are the better narrator and you play with metaphors like a favorite toy. So, whatever I come up with, I won't take you up on that.
Okay, man. sad
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
A CRY FOR PENANCE

I watched her grow. Right from being pulled-out her Mother’s womb, to her first steps, to her first breakup.

She was undoubtedly my favourite niece.

At her funeral, my wails ring loudest; not from sorrow, but her betrayal and my penance.

I caught them: Her and my husband, and he alone knows why I weep.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
HELPLESS

She heard the door open; it was too dark to see anything but she knew who entered.

She felt her father sit on her bed and she shut her eyes against the tears leaking, he put his hands on her exposed thighs and whispered “baby, are you awake?”

She never wanted to wake up again……

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by EmperorLee(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
skarlett:

Dear mum,

“This is the girl I have chosen to spend my life with. She will make you a grandma one day. What do you think, mum? She’s smart, beautiful and is an amazing woman, just like you.”

These are words I will never tell my mother. And the reason is because she died yesterday.

Woh woh Skarlett, this is deep. Roundahfahplause...

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by EmperorLee(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Okay, man. sad

Lol, so this is it ? I am just seeing this. Success, bruh.

Hello Repogirl. Trust you are doing good. Take care.

*Walks back to ghostmode*

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
EmperorLee:

Lol, so this is it ? I am just seeing this. Success, bruh.

Hello Repogirl. Trust you are doing good. Take care.

*Walks back to ghostmode*
Thanks, brother! Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2017

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
The Unfaithful Gallows

Mother didn't give birth early enough, and the chief had to espouse Tabitha, a fair maiden. After some seasons passed, Tabitha put to bed and the now old chief slaughtered cows. But when mother took in and it was known, he hanged himself, feeling mocked and betrayed for mother knew he was a paper tiger.

© Jqeem, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 1:31am On Aug 10, 2017
MIND BELLOWS

Time is said to heal everything,but how much time will heal time?

Nine months of hosting a body in your belly,four-hour traumatic labour and seconds of joy at the fragile form,only to helplessly watch him take fleeting breaths moments later.

Will time untie the bond I shared with my son?

cc Divepen
Repogirl

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 3:31am On Aug 10, 2017
BOGUS
He made to touch the "statue" but he withdrew his hand when it blinked. What! He looked closer and saw its mouth moving. Bollocks! He thought....
He lit a cigar and put it to the "statue's" rear. The "statue" exclaimed, Yeoowww!!! and dived in the pool.
He could not stop laughing as he strips himself....

Divepen1
repogirl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 6:11am On Aug 10, 2017
TITLE: NOW, A DADDY

I smiled and cried softly. Benita, my dear, had arrived into our cozy bungalow from heaven with her mother's
body.

Immediately, her mother's pitiful scream was substituted with smile.

Rocking her gently, I beheld the resemblance; her oval face, and her pointed nose were like her mother's --- teary-smile --- like a dream, I'm now a daddy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 10:15am On Aug 10, 2017
CRISCROSS

Cupid fooled me.

Broke as he was, I loved him, housed and financed his business.

The beatings had started with apologetic slaps, then remorse disappeared and painful sex climaxed each episode.

It was my fault.

Why didn’t I ever notice?
Oh my daughter!

“Nooooooooooooooooo!”

Hands tied, I couldn’t stop him.
I watched him enter her.

55 words excluding Title

Cc: Repogirl, Divepen1

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
CHARACTER IS THE PRINCIPAL THING NOT BEAUTY.

''We're gathered here...''

''Your 'good girl' character won't do you any good, you're too ugly, no man will marry you.''
For 25 years, those words were hurled at me by neighbours and schoolmates, without any spark of decency.

''...I now pronounce you man and wife.''

''You're beautiful.'' he whispered to me, as tears cascaded down my cheeks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Gmike2rule(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
The Survivors

The pang of hunger mixed with the windy rain couldn't stop Joel as he carried the stiff corpse of his daughter. The painful gun wound on his arm, the weeping of his wife, and the terrible silence of his ten-year-old son gnawed at him as they escaped from Damaturu and Bokoharam along with other survivors.

Divepen1
Larrysun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2017
Where will the votes count exactly? the mod's post or here?

cc

Divepen1

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
EmperorLee:

Woh woh Skarle tt, this is deep. Roundahfahplause...

Thank you dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
skarlett:
Where will the votes count exactly? the mod's post or here?

cc

Divepen1
Lol.. I've been trying to figure it out.But I guess, I'll use only the mod thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol.. I've been trying to figure it out.But I guess, I'll use only the mod thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Hmmmmn...okay
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:

I want to suggest it should be the contestant's post because its easier that way. Plus some people are complaining that they can't find my post. Then again, I've been offline for two days, if I didn't come online now I wouldn't have known about this, meaning my previous votes would have gone to naught and that is not cool
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Will the thread make Frontpage for the voting at the final stage? It would seem to be a popularity contest if the contestants campaign for votes.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
I thought voting isn't important yet and only those who are dropped will need votes, right, Divepen1?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
skarlett:

I want to suggest it should be the contestant's post because its easier that way. Plus some people are complaining that they can't find my post. Then again, I've been offline for two days, if I didn't come online now I wouldn't have known about this, meaning my previous votes would have gone to naught and that is not cool

It would be fair if votes from both threads are combinedly counted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.