Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19906 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by AudreyTimms(f): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2017
Where are you, piroux? What happened? I hope you didn't throw in the towel.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2017
AudreyTimms:
Where are you, piroux? What happened? I hope you didn't throw in the towel.

Oh my God, is it too late to submit? I didnt have internet access yesterday, i didnt know about the deadline, i'm sorry. Pls, can i still submit?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2017
piroux:

Oh my God, is it too late to submit? I didnt have internet access yesterday, i didnt know about the deadline, i'm sorry. Pls, can i still submit?
Pele
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2017
Anyways....

I'm sorry Audreytimms, i messed up.

I will still put up my story nonetheless....
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2017
piroux:

Cc Divepen
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2017
ashewoboy:

by my logic, m saying johnny drille is a better artiste. if we say people should vote, wizkid and his likes will get higher votes because of their popularity buh if the judges pick, they know johnny drille is the best. let her win. m tired of this argument. the moderator said the competition follows "the voice" format.

m not discarding the fact that skarlett is a good writer. m talking about this contest. read her submission and compare it with missnande's submission.

Msnande:
One day, her birth, her demise

Skarlett:
Sleeping beside him, thinking of u

I read skarlett's submission, and I swelled up with emotions!

Anger at d babe, pain for d guy, and d injustice of it all!? There was a whole story in there, just run with ur imagination.

But, I cant in all truth say d same abt Msnande's. The only emotion I could come up with was d pain of her parents. And, I had to dig, it didnt well up, like d other.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2017
Death's call.

"Kill me!" she shouted, he did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by EmperorLee(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2017
piroux:
Death's call.

Awwn cry
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

Msnande:

Skarlett:

Anger at d babe, pain for d guy, and d injustice of it all!? There was a whole story in there, just run with ur imagination.

But, I cant in all truth say d same abt Msnande's. The only emotion I could come up with was d pain of her parents. And, I had to dig, it didnt well up, like d other.

m done with the argument. let her win.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2017
ashewoboy:

m done with the argument. let her win.

Sorry to bring this up, but while looking for their submissions, I realised Skar had made over 4000+ posts, to Ms's 94 posts.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2017
In this kind of competition, the best never wins
As a result of incompetent judgement or the fact that popularity shadows content if votes (likes and shares) are the deciding factors. Not that the latter matters, as it has been stipulated at the initial stage.
But voters u dont have to ridicule the writer by contrasting the stories in your (limited) opinions.
Rules like grammar, tenses, punctuation etc supercedes the moral of the story.
most people judge concerning what the story said but not how it was written.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 10:45am On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

Sorry to bring this up, but while looking for their submissions, I realised Skar had made over 4000+ posts, to Ms's 94 posts.

uc where i am coming from? mayb seun can save the situation. rules can be amended.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2017
ashewoboy:

uc where i am coming from? mayb seun can save the situation. rules can be amended.
Seun did not organise this competition. Probably doesn't know about it.

It was stated at the start that the competition was going to be a 'popularity contest' at the final stage. So, sheath your sword and call for a more transparent competition. You could sponsor it.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2017
illicit:
In this kind of competition, the best never wins
As a result of incompetent judgement or the fact that popularity shadows content if votes (likes and shares) are the deciding factors. Not that the latter matters, as it has been stipulated at the initial stage.
But voters u dont have to ridicule the writer by contrasting the stories in your (limited) opinions.
Rules like grammar, tenses, punctuation etc supercedes the moral of the story.
most people judge concerning what the story said but not how it was written.
Incompetent judgement? Let's wait for the competition to end before submitting our observations.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2017
piroux:
Death's call.
You missed the deadline.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

Msnande:

Skarlett:

Oh, please!

Anger at the babe? What if the character is gay?

Pain for the guy? - What if the YOU is female and dead.

Injustice? - What if the character remarried willingly and was expressing sorrow instead of guilt.

Many more deductions could be extracted.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by LarrySun(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2017
This thread is getting interesting.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Frankenstein:
You missed the deadline.

I noticed....
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Frankenstein:
Oh, please!

Injustice? - What if the character remarried willingly and was expressing sorrow instead of guilt.

Exactly my point! U can actually run in any direction, with that single line.

You dont expect us, u n I, to have d same line of tot?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Frankenstein:
Oh, please!

now you get my point....
Because its six words dont mean the story cant be conclusive to a reasonable extent....
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
ashewoboy:

what you are saying is not wrong outrightly but the time you are saying it and the apparent purpose is off the point.
let me ask, did u witness the last stage?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
ashewoboy:

What?! Nope! What rules amended? U want to see a 'upstart' upstage a old hand?!

If she really is that good, then her work should win her d votes! Or she too, can take time to cultivate a following and wait for her time! Dazzol!

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

Msnande:

Skarlett:

Let me guess,you've never lost anyone before hence your need to dig? Don't try and discredit me to defend another. Ashewoboy might have done it the wrong way,but he had a point and using the same method doesn't make you any better. Writing is not an easy job,how much more doing so under constraint? A little appreciation on your part is not a bad thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
ashjay001:

What?! Nope! What rules amended? U want to see a 'upstart' upstage a old hand?!

If she really is that good, then her work should win her d votes! Or she too, can take time to cultivate a following and wait for her time! Dazzol!

This is quite shallow you know? How on earth am I supposed to build an audience without first participating in things like this?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Missnande:

Let me guess,you've never lost anyone before hence your need to dig? Don't try and discredit me to defend another. Ashewoboy might have done it the wrong way,but he had a point and using the same method doesn't make you any better. Writing is not an easy job,how much more doing so under constraint? A little appreciation on your part is not a bad thing.

you should have not replied him na. i did not even argue with him. the best is obvious. you are the best, darling.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Missnande:

This is quite shallow you know? How on earth am I supposed to build an audience without first participating in things like this?

missnande love, ignore him. i stopped arguing with him already, the moment i noticed his points were baseless. let it go.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
Repogirl- Thanks maam, I learnt a great deal from you.

Divepen- I say a job well done to you,you handled this efficiently.

ProFurer,YourRadiance,thepussyhunter,ashewoboy- Thank you for campaigning and for your support!

Romancelanders and litlanders- Thanks for your votes

Debbietiyan- I liked your story FIRST KISS, it was lovely.

Illicit- Though I did not fully comrehend BOGUS, I liked the humor and THE INFANT was dope!

Piroux- I enjoyed all your stories,you write well.

OluwabuqqyYOLO- Your style of writing is exceptional. Following 'of 53' like 5'n'6.

Skarlett- Congratulations,you earned it! I like your moniker.

cc sunshineG,lefulefu,shycypher,dacovajnr,stellie,divay22,dillusionist,lalas247

Please pardon me if you voted and your name wasn't mentioned,I'm equally thankful to you!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Missnande:

Mogbe!!? Emi shallow?!

Well, u're quite rude. I can see u took offence at my defence of skarl. For ur info, we dont see eye to eye on politcal matters(underG ipob lomo grin n anti-Bubu tongue), but one way or d other, we remain e-frnds!

Ur statement up there shows ur (insert a befitting word). Cos I raised d same point! Build ur audience, with ur talent or wetf u think u've got, then u'll get to compete on a fairer footing!
For crying out loud, unless u've got exceptional talent, I'm sure u didnt expect to win against someone who has been active on here for years n u just came in with ur moniker recently!?

U might be a sore looser, try chill on d shading!
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
Missnande:
Repogirl- Thanks maam, I learnt a great deal from you.

Div epen- I say a job well done to you,you handled this efficiently.

ProFur er,YourRadia nce,thepu syhunter,ashew oboy- Thank you for campaigning and for your support!

Romancelanders and litlanders- Thanks for your votes

Debbie tiyan- I liked your story FIRST KISS, it was lovely.

Illi cit- Though I did not fully comrehend BOGUS, I liked the humor and THE INFANT was dope!

Pir oux- I enjoyed all your stories,you write well.

Oluwabu qqyYOLO- Your style of writing is exceptional. Following 'of 53' like 5'n'6.

Ska rlett- Congratulations,you earned it! I like your moniker.

cc sunshin eG,leful efu,shycy pher,daco vajnr,ste llie,diva y22,dillu sionist,lala s247

Please pardon me if you voted and your name wasn't mentioned,I'm equally thankful to you!

Thank you very much dear
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashjay001(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
Missnande:

Pele! But, for real, d 'demise' biz, put me off! Didnt resound.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 12:01am On Aug 25, 2017
1. Larrysun
: blogs at https://larrysunwrites./ but will be moving to his permanent site soon. He's a prolific writer whose works have distinguished him from a lot of other writers and had made him a boss in Literature writing. He had embarked on many collaborative works on Nairaland as well as outside Nairaland.

Get his books here

2. AudreyTimms
: She writes at www.Facebook.com/audreytimmss. She's one of Okadabooks 2016 25 Bestsellers of the year. Her book, Unfulfilled Promises' is still one of the 25 bestsellers of August, 2017

Get her books here

3. Repogirl Peju Amadi
: She writes at http://www.pejuscorner./ and has joined Writertain where her works would be treated like the romance Queen she is... She's also one of Okadabooks 2016 Bestsellers and her book was one of July's bestsellers.

get her books here

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: How Jesus Christ Treated Women, A Symbol For Gender Equality / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.