Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Is It Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong? (961 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong? by bofin: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2007
GUYS HELP IS IT WRONG TO MARRY A WOMAN WHO IS OLDER THAN ME AM A GUY [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is It Wrong? by McOhMy: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2007
Of course not!

We-e-lll, it depends on the age difference sha
Re: Is It Wrong? by bofin: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2007
Wat if the difference is about nine years smiley
Re: Is It Wrong? by bofin: 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2007
Wat if the difference is about nine years smiley
Re: Is It Wrong? by cuteass1(f): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2007
@ the poster
Do you think its wrong yourself? The reason many people think its wrong is because atimes the lady starts bossing the husband around. But if you think you guys have a solid relationship and understand each other, who is anybody to say its wrong. Both of you is what matters. Of what use will it be to you to martya younger lady who wouldn't give you half as much hapiness as th older one,follow yur heart sweetie wink
Re: Is It Wrong? by lafile(m): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2007
Question: isn't this supposed to be in romance? abi na God say make u marry am?
Re: Is It Wrong? by bofin: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2007
[color=#550000][/color]is it wrong in the christian sence as in in the bible shocked
Re: Is It Wrong? by Analytical(m): 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2007
I will not say it is wrong to marry a lady that is older than you.  No, it is not.  However, there are certain realities that you have to consider very well before you say 'I do'.  When you are thoroughly convinced of yourself, then you can take your decision.

Personally, I feel the age difference of 9 years is a bit on the high side.  It would have been better the other way round (i.e you, the man being older).  See my reasons:

No. 1 Reality - Biologically

The odds don't really favour you.  If you plan to have kids (which I think you do), then you have to consider that when she is 45 (about menopause), you will just be 36!  I don't know how old you are now, but consider that by 36 you should be through with having kids (all things being equal).

No. 2 Reality - Physically

Generally, women age faster than men.  Have you considered that she will most likely look much older than you are?  When you are 41 (just starting your life!) she will be 50.  Her youthful looks may be gone, grey hairs sprouting here and there.

No. 3 Reality -Sexually

Depending on your drives,she may just not be as active as you would wish, and definitely earlier than you.

No. 4 Reality -Maturity

Be ready for some mothering!  She will most likely be more matured than you are.

No 5 Reality - Death
All things being equal, she may go before you do.  Most men prefer to go before their wives.

Consider all these.  I am not trying to scare you.  But you must be ready to face realities, so that you don't wish to back out later.  If the strength of your conviction is very solid, you may go ahead.  It takes more than age to make marriage work.  There are more weighty issues of love, commitment, understanding, companionship, mutual tolerance etc.  But please don't go about telling people her age!

All the best.
Re: Is It Wrong? by NiteAngel(m): 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2007
You fit marry ya big sista? 9 years older no be big sista na aunty!

(1) (Reply)

Experience 2009 Is Here ,come And Expereince God (4th Dec 7pm) / Come See How Secret Cult Seat Mssn / Athiest/agnost/fundamentalist/religious People Suggest A Book We Can Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.