Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,651 members, 7,854,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

"Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite (22802 Views)

Chris Attoh Remarries To Betty Jennifer After Divorcing Damilola Adegbite / Nollywood Actress Damilola Adegbite Stuns In New Photos / Damilola Adegbite & Chris Attoh’s Marriage Crashes? (Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by sekem: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
NO as in NO way!
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by mapist(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
kstyle2:
Nothing wrong with that...if my buddy tells me he's interested in an ex, I have no power over him to stop it. He should do what makes him happy. Life's too short to bother over trivial issues

Very matured comment.
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by larrypourl(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
At first it doesn't sound right but there's nothing wrong with that thou.
Click below for quality loafers, available as cool prices.
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by mapist(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
wildrose21:

Not every ex is a Jezebel. That a relationship doesn't work out as expected doesn't mean one or both involved are bad. Sometimes, some relationships are not just meant to be. I would rather my friend date my ex, if I know she is a jewel, than an outsider. The sea is big enough for all fishes, the sky for all birds.
BTW, I don't really think we should live by certain codes.. Different circumstances, different response. Peace

Best response. Exactly my perception about the subject. I'd rather give a good ex to a pal and not an unknown entity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by donaldking10: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
mapist:

Best response. Exactly my perception about the subject. I'd rather give a good ex to a pal and not an unknown entity.

U GAT ME CONFUSED.
IF SHE WAS GOOD, WHY THEN DID U LEAVE HER.

NIGGA CALL A SPADE A SPADE JARE!
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Berekeshele: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
Untainted007:
Ex is ex (Expired); What are you doing with expired items, if your friend have interest, let him or her date each other. No offense if your friend dates your ex because he/she wants to recycle the said EX, If your ex might function again. But to you, te relationship didn't work out, but who can tell, it might work out with your friend if you allow him/her to give it a try.

Ask your self this question. if your ex end up marrying your friend, will you be happy?
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by mapist(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
donaldking10:

U GAT ME CONFUSED.
IF SHE WAS GOOD, WHY THEN DID U LEAVE HER.

Have you heard d words called distance, religion.....? And point of correction, dont refer to me as a "nigga"..
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by holluphemydavid(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
beautiful232:
You call it ex?
there's nothing wrong,you have moved on,so let the guy move on too.selfishness no good
hmmmmmmm
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by slimmax: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2017
talk about casting your pearl before swine . you can't eat your cake and have it, If u still like am how come he/she is still ur ex.?
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Lionessza(f): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
WORLDPEACE:
Lionessza, see question for you.

Although I can't stop them from hooking up if that's what they want , but I would be very uncomfortable keeping her as a close friend. I got rid of the guy because I want nothing to do with him and it would kinda hurt having someone close to me bringing him around me knowing our past very well. Was she secretly lusting over him all this time he was mine ? Did they sneak around on me when I wasn't looking ? . If this doesn't work out between them, won't she be looking at my current man with the same eyes?. The friendship would suffer.

What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
It depends. I don't think it's okay.
I have being faced with a similar issue.

In my case, the guy was making advances at me though I am very aware that their relationship didn't work! It was based on character difference anf gynotype tinz but I ignored since the lady in question was a cousin of mine.

So she (my cousin) came to me, no be small thing ooooo I refused even though she insisted that the guy specifically asked for me out of all my cousins shocked shocked shocked

I no gree ooooo because e get as this kind tinz dey work. Gossip dey easy to spread, tomorrow now you go hear say she snatched her sister's husband!

How many people I go explain to
So I no yield ooooo because I know say God go give me MY OWN
U just missed your luck full stop.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
donaldking10:

U GAT ME CONFUSED. IF SHE WAS GOOD, WHY THEN DID U LEAVE HER.
She might have left you or your genotypes didn't match?

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
victor8269:

U just missed your luck full stop.
You termed rejecting to be a second choice missed luck

Hahaha na the guy self miss.
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
post=58377152:
Guys we it send o
Then stop ex- ing them
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by stevedre: 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
I can't/won't stop that friend from dating her, but he will be excluded to hang out with us while with her.

That is a serious breach of rule #18 of the MEN's code:
rule 18: Thou shall not try to date the ex of your buddy... But, if you lose your damn mind and suddenly wanna date his leftovers, you will be thrown out from that circle of friends until you regain your senses (aka dump her). Even then, series of tests must be carried out to confirm that your sanity is intact. You shall therefore pay a fine (possibly a few rounds) and you MUST never talk about the JeZebel while with any members of the group.

Bro code ....101

3 Likes

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Benita27:
cheesy grin
Did u keep him in a trash can when you broke up?, as 4 littering , she won't litter Ur surrounding,her children would do that whenever they visit, cos she would go with him to the church while you are still calling her a backstabber

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
SplendidE:
For sure it is,how would she accept to date my ex when they're so many other guys around?
she knows what she wants in a man. Only ur ex has gat it
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by victor8269: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
You termed rejecting to be a second choice missed luck
Hahaha na the guy self miss.
Na Virgin u want marry?
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
it's no big deal at all to me,
whatever rocks their boat.
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
victor8269:

Did u keep him in a trash can when you broke up?, as 4 littering , she won't litter Ur surrounding,her children would do that whenever they visit, cos she would go with him to the church while you are still calling her a backstabber
I think you quote the wrong person. Look again. grin
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Untainted007: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
Berekeshele:

Ask your self this question. if your ex end up marrying your friend, will you be happy?

You just said my Ex. What rocks your boat might sink mine. Everything in life is predestined. If they genuinely love each other why can't they? Because I have dated a lady before doesn't mean whoever likes her should not go for her as far as my friend is happy being with her.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lionessza:

Although I can't stop them from hooking up if that's what they want , but I would be very uncomfortable keeping her as a close friend. I got rid of the guy because I want nothing to do with him and it would kinda hurt having someone close to me bringing him around me knowing our past very well. Was she secretly lusting over him all this time he was mine ? Did they sneak around on me when I wasn't looking ? . If this doesn't work out between them, won't she be looking at my current man with the same eyes?. The friendship would suffer.

What's your take on this?
It's happened to me before. It was the most awkward thing ever. I hate mess and it was a messy thing. I was also disappointed in my taste in women. It tested my self-control. I can never do it.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Lionessza(f): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

It's happened to me before. It was the most awkward thing ever. I hate mess and it was a messy thing. I was also disappointed in my taste in women. It tested my self-control. I can never do it.

Lol, were you the backstabber or the one backstabbed?
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, were you the backstabber or the one backstabbed?
I was at the receiving end. Until it happens it's hard to imagine how you'd feel. Me and the guy are still good though. I think he's my best friend. He's married now, but not to her.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Ashley86400: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Never.
The First Rule of Femism states :
ALL EXES ARE OFF LIMITS.
The friend of my enemy is my enemy.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Lionessza(f): 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

I was at the receiving end. Until it happens it's hard to imagine how you'd feel. Me and the guy are still good though. I think he's my best friend. He's married now, but not to her.

Oh! I really can't imagine being in that situation. AWKWARD!. You are a better person than me then wink.
Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lionessza:

Oh! I really can't imagine being in that situation. AWKWARD!. You are a better person than me then wink.
I'm not as good a person as you imagine grin. There was a part of me that did not want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me acting envious and losing it. I knew him well and I just felt he was vulnerable at that period in his life, but I felt she was just being disrespectful and doing what hoes do.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Lionessza(f): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

I'm not as good a person as you imagine grin. There was a part of me that did not want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me acting envious and losing it. I knew him well and I just felt he was vulnerable at that period in his life, but I felt she was just being disrespectful and doing what hoes do.

Lol, but I understand you . Lol, but why blame only her? grin

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by WORLDPEACE(m): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, but I understand you . Lol, but why blame only her? grin
He had a moment of insanity, she was insane. That was him at his lowest while she was perpetually low. That was my view and I was right. He caught her cheating with someone else; that's how their relationship ended.

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by Lionessza(f): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

He had a moment of insanity, she was insane. That was him at his lowest while she was perpetually low. That was my view and I was right. He caught her cheating with someone else; that's how their relationship ended.

Lol, you really don't like this woman grin. Maybe the two of you made her insane? tongue

1 Like

Re: "Is It Ok For Your Friend To Date Your Ex?" - Actress Damilola Adegbite by mekstaniac(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mumu post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' / Tonto Dikeh All Smiles In New Portraits Photos / Toke Makinwa Looks ''17 Again'' In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.