Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? (31160 Views)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / 25% Of Coronavirus Carriers Don't Show Symptoms But Can Still Spread Virus / UPDATE: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What's Wrong With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by futuremoma34: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mr OP ask ur wife cincearly...is she on any drugs to boost fertility?...because Dts same tin dat happened to me wen I took clomid via self medication...it delays period and givs u fake pregnancy symptoms. Also she should go and do a pelvis scan...may be she has fibroid.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by classical15(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Zizicardo:
polycystic ovarian syndrome. pcos
Very purulent diagnosis. How the heck did you arrive at that?
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by osuofia2(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Before I give my diverse suggestions,

Have you asked yourself the question I want to ask you?
For the 3years you were away from her...who serviced her?
Are you trying to tell me for the 3years nobody treated her sores?
I really doubt that.

Some tribe's deities frown against wife-adultery and offenders are punished with childlessness.
This could be the spiritual cause.

Anxiety could also be a factor....when you are so eager for something; it rarely happens and once you take it off your mind, it comes naturally.
This could be the psychological cause.

It could also be the Lord seeing your future and helping you plan. The country is in a recession, don't you think one child is good enough?
Some people don't even have any. You have one yet you are complaining.
This could be the economical cause.

When you were away from the country were you promiscuous? It's possibly you were and contracted an STI that has made you sterile.
Or you were very rough and have used up your own 15litres of Semen.
This could be the biological and physiological cause.

You can only be sure via one way.
Get a sidechick and see if you are still fertile.
Or get a trusted ally to sleep with your wife when she is most fertile..(the day her 'egg white' is transparent and most stretchy)
Either way, you'd have another child.

What's the fuss anyway? If you're so desperate, you can go to an orphanage and adopt a baby or ask your wife to visit a baby factory at Umunga
si in Abia.
This is the logical option.
It seems this guy is bribing the mod ..why haven't they ban him
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by ahhdah(f): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Deereemah:
Oga dey go hospital
GET OUTTA HERE MEHN
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Beautifulemi(f): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really doubt that.

Some tribe's deities frown against wife-adultery and offenders are punished with childlessness.

Anxiety could also be a factor....when you are so eager for something; it rarely happens and once you take it off your mind, it comes naturally.

It could also be the Lord seeing your future and helping you plan. The country is in a recession, don't you think one child is good enough?

When you were away from the country were you promiscuous? It's possibly you were and contracted an STI that has made you sterile.

Or get a trusted ally to sleep with your wife when she is most fertile..(the day her 'egg white' is transparent and most stretchy)

What's the fuss anyway? If you're so desperate, you can go to an orphanage and adopt a baby or ask your wife to visit a baby factory at Umungasi in Abia.
I must commend your write up. You weighed it on every option possible. Let them just be prayerful, it will happen at the right time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by immortal145: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
for surely myhubby ur wife is so pregnant...u both just need to believe in God that all...relax!...

some women menstrate throughout pregnancy...throwaway any medical or scientific believe at dis stage...

it can even be twins!...

remember to invite me 4 rice...
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by pterson(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Beautifulemi:

I must commend your write up. You weighed it on every option possible. Let them just be prayerful, it will happen at the right time.
thanks long,legend.[s]
Beautifulemi:

thanks long,legend.[/s]
Beautifulemi:

thanks long,legend.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by fairprince(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
It is possible she had used some drugs for family planning. They destabilise the hormonal systems when you are finally ready for conception.

Confirm from her.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by babyebi: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=58387076] shocked

I really doubt that.

What's the fuss anyway? If you're so desperate, you can go to an orphanage and adopt a baby or ask your wife to visit a baby factory at Umungasi in Abia.
This is the logical option.[/ pls don't scatter people's home. He said he wants his wife to be OK. And u r here asking who was servicing her. Biko if I don't have advice for him, read and log out
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by jaychubi: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
mrhubby:
Hello Doctors in the house. I have a pressing issue that I want the advise of qualified medical practitioners on this great forum on. please, I really need your candid advise on this issue. For the sake of being anonymous, I had to created a new account to post this.

I'm married to the best woman in the world and we are blessed with a baby boy almost 4 years ago. I left the country and didn't return until after 3 years. We are trying to have another baby but it seems not working. We tried everything we could, yet, she cant get pregnant. My wife is very good at calculating her ovulation period and I'm not a 1-minute man either.

Now to what I need the advise on. Since the very first month after I returned, she was having some signs of pregnancy. She gets tired easily, her breasts were tender and each time she wore bra, she complained of discomfort. These are some of the symptoms she had when she was pregnant with our first child. We were happy and waiting on conducting preggy test, hoping for a positive result. Lo and behold, it was negative. We thought maybe it was too early for such test, we did the test again 4 days later, it was still negative. A couple of days later, her menstrual period came. We were devastated but we didn't lose hope.

After her period, we seek a medical advise on how to boost our chances of conceiving and we carried them (advise) out to the letter. Mind you she was still having the symptoms that I described earlier and it even got worse that she started having mild morning sickness. Fast forward, the day she was suppose to see her period came and she didn't see it. We were happy that maybe, God has finally answered our prayer only for her to see blood the following day. The period was heavy and it lasted 7 days, 3 more days than what she normally had. We became worried about the prolonged menstruation and didn't know what to do. Prior to her having the period, for about 3 days, she was having difficulties urinating. Each time she was to urinate, she experiences an excruciating pain inside her vagina for the whole period the urine is coming out and once she's done urinating, the pain stops. It went on like that until the period came and the pains stopped.

Just this month, while the pregnancy symptoms persisted, she had her period again. But this time around, the period was delayed for about 3 days. It came heavy for 2 and half day and then stopped only to return 2 days later with another round of heavy flow which lasted for 1 day. All this period, we kept on carrying out preggy tests, thinking maybe she was pregnant. We just did blood test for pregnancy today and it came out negative as well.

Doctors, please what should we do at this stage?. Its getting out of hand and I just want my wife to be OK. Even if the baby(ies) do(es) not want to come now, all I need right now is to have my wife healthy and confident again.

I know some people will say Nairaland is not a hospital, yes I know but I still want to seek opinion of different people on the issue.

Thanks.

Sorry for the epistle and please pardon my blunders.

U left an impt info hw old is ur wife

If na old cargo u go Carry, na one chance u dey angry angry angry

Hope she is still below 30
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by delishpot: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wow 3 years appart? Hmn its well. OP please go see a doctor.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by thomas(m): 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
have you treated your low sperm count, do typical of men to think it's the wife that has issues. meanwhile 3 years away u played nko, have u treated the infection, better go fix your engine before your wife surprise you with another man picking. �����
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by lelvin(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
First of all, I wasn't patient enough to read everything
Whatever it is, blessings fall on you and ur family
Don't come here asking what's wrong with ur wife
We definitely going to give u the wrong advice
Cos we don't know ur wife
Go ask her or visit a doctor
Blessings fall on u
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by aviationguy: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
the symptoms you described is more like an infection not a pregnancy symptoms.you both needs to see a doctor together as soon as possible and stop further sexual intercourse because it will further increase the infectious germs in both of you.
symptoms of infection quickly shows on a woman than man,if am correct in couple of days you will also be having similar symptoms.
Nothing is wrong is with your wife,the infection may not allow your wife to conceive right now,you both needs to take the treatment together irrespective of you having any signs or not.
The earlier the better for both the family and I wish you a happy home.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by abatisegun: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
Tell her to go for scan it may be due to fibrod
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by chibuzorAbia: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
muller101:
Oga stop multiplying. One is ok.

Oga OP you are being foolish - one child is perfect for Nigerians not more.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Q12(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
@Mrhubby

It is quite unfortunate that you are going through this tough period. Remember you are not alone. Expectedly some people will make fun of your situation. It seems normal on the internet these days.

As a doctor, I suggest you should go to the gynaecology section and privately message the doctors there. Otherwise go to http://docotal.com/ and get a free private medical consultation/follow-up.

Health issues should be taken seriously. I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJcE_CsWX8
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Really Sir, it could be body tricks. I had experienced after 4yrs I had my first baby and I wanted another child. I used to have this morning sickness things, and mine was worst that I was even spitting, having nausea, fainting and the rest. Then in the office my colleagues thought I was pregnant. Then for me and hubby, we were hopeful. I was always disappointed when my flow came at the end of the cycle. This continued for months then I learnt take my mind off it. You know what..., you guys should relax especially your wife. She should take anxiety away. Focus on other things, then prayerfully present it before God. Dont worry, baby will come. Then try go for testto be sure you are free from STDs.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by LadyE12: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
hormonal imbalance
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mrhubby: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Muafrika2:
She needs check up by a gynecologist.
Thanks. We are going to see a gyne tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mrhubby: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Na wa for you oo. Anyways, thanks for your input.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mrhubby: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Rich4god:
U no knw road to hospital...
I know the road sir/ma. Thank you
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mrhubby: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Abeg wetin concern Ego with what I just wrote? Na the only thing wey you see be that?

oshe11:
1st of all wetin concern "ONE MINUTE MAN" and pregnancy

Men and Ego, SMH undecided

BACK TO THE TOPIC......

I AV NTIN TO SAY SO LEMME JUST READ COMMENTSgrin
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by clemmonce(m): 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really doubt that.

he should get a side chick.... another man should service his wife... when you don't have anything to say just keep quiet.. if your son should seek your advice on issues like this you will tell him to get someone to service his wife... I just hope you are joking if not then you are wisdom deficient.. Telling a man that someone might have slept with his wife when he was away.... Even if we know there is a possibility of that happening you don't tell a man that just like that.. are trying to break his home? I will keep saying gone are the days when we look forward to people's comment on nairaland... too many frustrated people on nairaland... spreading hate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mrhubby: 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
If I felt my case was spiritual, na Church I for go. Dont be too quick to make assumptions. Thanks anyway.

kilokeys:
ill ask google... ill be back

pple tend to come to nairaland when they feel their case is spiritual.. when ordinary google can epp u hout
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by clemmonce(m): 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
mrhubby:
Hello Doctors in the house. I have a pressing issue that I want the advise of qualified medical practitioners on this great forum on. please, I really need your candid advise on this issue. For the sake of being anonymous, I had to created a new account to post this.

I'm married to the best woman in the world and we are blessed with a baby boy almost 4 years ago. I left the country and didn't return until after 3 years. We are trying to have another baby but it seems not working. We tried everything we could, yet, she cant get pregnant. My wife is very good at calculating her ovulation period and I'm not a 1-minute man either.

Now to what I need the advise on. Since the very first month after I returned, she was having some signs of pregnancy. She gets tired easily, her breasts were tender and each time she wore bra, she complained of discomfort. These are some of the symptoms she had when she was pregnant with our first child. We were happy and waiting on conducting preggy test, hoping for a positive result. Lo and behold, it was negative. We thought maybe it was too early for such test, we did the test again 4 days later, it was still negative. A couple of days later, her menstrual period came. We were devastated but we didn't lose hope.

After her period, we seek a medical advise on how to boost our chances of conceiving and we carried them (advise) out to the letter. Mind you she was still having the symptoms that I described earlier and it even got worse that she started having mild morning sickness. Fast forward, the day she was suppose to see her period came and she didn't see it. We were happy that maybe, God has finally answered our prayer only for her to see blood the following day. The period was heavy and it lasted 7 days, 3 more days than what she normally had. We became worried about the prolonged menstruation and didn't know what to do. Prior to her having the period, for about 3 days, she was having difficulties urinating. Each time she was to urinate, she experiences an excruciating pain inside her vagina for the whole period the urine is coming out and once she's done urinating, the pain stops. It went on like that until the period came and the pains stopped.

Just this month, while the pregnancy symptoms persisted, she had her period again. But this time around, the period was delayed for about 3 days. It came heavy for 2 and half day and then stopped only to return 2 days later with another round of heavy flow which lasted for 1 day. All this period, we kept on carrying out preggy tests, thinking maybe she was pregnant. We just did blood test for pregnancy today and it came out negative as well.

Doctors, please what should we do at this stage?. Its getting out of hand and I just want my wife to be OK. Even if the baby(ies) do(es) not want to come now, all I need right now is to have my wife healthy and confident again.

I know some people will say Nairaland is not a hospital, yes I know but I still want to seek opinion of different people on the issue.

Thanks.

Sorry for the epistle and please pardon my blunders.

My friend go see a doctor. If your present hospital can give you a referal letter to Army Hospital at Jibowu....it is a good hospital but you are only attended to base on reference.... try it...I am speaking from experience.
Your wife will be okay by God's grace...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Marshalxv(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really doubt that.

I almost thought you were actually making sense till I read down and then decided to check ur name,I wasn't disappointed anyway. Funny dude

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by bros856: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Brother there is nothing wrong with your wife or you. You have been away for along time and the pains she is passing through is a prove to you that she waited for you without sex in a long while. So she has been dis-virgin the second time. The blood part flowing abnormal is called early miscarriage that is why you have those signs. so if you give it time everything will normalize over time. Take your wife to IVF unit of Meridian hospital, Port Harcourt, the Doctors and nurses there are too good on solving such problems. am saying this from experience. Forget all the story on nairaland.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 13, 2017
Your wife has uti, urinary tract infection (uti), that's why she feels pain during urination. All she might need to get preggy might just be to treat it.

Let her run some tests to check out and be treated asap. Uti can cause infertility if not treated and can damage organs if prolonged in d body system.

On the other hand, that pain might be coming cos she hasn't had sex in a long time!, whatever the case, both of you should treat infection. If she stayed faithful, you might not have stayed faithful.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by kcbaba007: 2:06am On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really doubt that.

while reading this even without checking d name of d poster, I knew it was u nwaamaipke, this is ur trade mark post, u be complete he goat, I just dey laff, Na d advice wey u fit give urself u give d poster?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by kilokeys(m): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2017
mrhubby:
If I felt my case was spiritual, na Church I for go. Dont be too quick to make assumptions. Thanks anyway.

nairaland is the depot for sarcasm.. i am gentle in real life , i swear.. no vex.. i wish you guys the best bro
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by mamakendra(f): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2017
mrhubby:
Hello Doctors in the house. I have a pressing issue that I want the advise of qualified medical practitioners on this great forum on. please, I really need your candid advise on this issue.

My opinion? Meet a fertility Dr/Gyne, Run a complete fertility screening.
For you, you run SFA (seminal fluid assay) and sem.en culture. This is to test for infection and your fluid's count, volume and motility. (That you impregnated your wife 4 years ago, isn't a guarantee that your fluid is still the same)
For your wife, she needs to run a)HVS (high vi.ginal swab) to test for infection( I suspect UTI because of the pain during urination), b) TVS (transvirginal scan) during the time she thinks she normally ovulate
c) HSG -to check the state of her tubes.
d) a cycle day 3 and 21 hormone profile- to check for hormonal imbalace.

When you are done with all these tests, you will have a rough idea what you are up against, as per fertility-wise.
I wish you the best.
NB- I am not a doctor

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Suffers Severe Burns After Using Aftershave With Manipulated Expiry / Tooth Decay And Cavities / Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.