Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma (29669 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Help! My Wife Has Been Bleeding For Over Two Months After Family Planning / Doctor Saves Woman Who Had Asthma Attack On A Flight From Lagos To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
I need advice on the best and natural way to handle asthma.

I got married in April this year and my wife is asthmatic. I'll seriously need advice on the best possible way to handle her asthma incase she gets pregnant. Please help a brother.

Mod please help me move this to front-page

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Akhigbeblog(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
shocked shocked front page?
Since 2017 ahhh e no easy oo
I dedicate this to hushpuppi, my friends and family grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by ncpat(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
For now no cure only management so get her inhaler (Ventoline) also make sure she doesn't eat fried things or even stay close to frying oil or smoke to avoid breathing problem.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Greatzeus(m): 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Megaflex:

I got married in April this year and my wife is asthmatic. I'll seriously need advice on the best possible way to handle her asthma incase she gets pregnant. Please help a brother.

Hope she disclosed her health status as Asthmatic patient to you before marriage? God will see you through.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by akuto: 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Please get to know what triggers attacks with her and help her avoid it. Always ensure you have her drugs and spare inhalers. Ensure you know where the drugs especially the inhaler is kept. Pregnancy is no different as the same rules apply. Pray. God's grace

45 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by fayluv1(f): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nothing to fear brother. I stopped using inhalar years ago when somebody introduced me to these cheap drugs. At 1st i take it morning n evening but now i only take it when i find it difficult to breath. Ventoline, franol n predesolone. When is serious i take 2 of each but i usually take 1 each.

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Coronavirus84: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
My advice for you is to tell her to go whenever she is going with her inhaler. God will see her through her pregnancy in Jesus mighty name

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
Dey give am dat Thing on a stead. Thank me later

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by whytediamond(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
I pray for total healing upon her life.

Let's wait for the health experts.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by MVLOX(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
see matters....
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Dalil8: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Op how has she been managing it before?

15 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Dangrace01: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sorry
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Oooops: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
All will be well my brother
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Free ray hushpuppi...

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by betonnaira: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Megaflex:

dick in her mouth constantly

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Oooops:
Mumu boy

Jeez
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Visit an hospital

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by luckgood(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
I'm only here to read comments.. Oya let em keep coming.

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by bestman09(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020

Let her continue the way she was managing before you married

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by VickyRotex(f): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Oooops:
Mumu boy

what?? nawa ooo
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
My heart bleeds when I see post like this from matured adults on Nairaland

This place does not resemble a hospital or a medical forum! You are talking about one's life and you think the best place to find solutions is on Nairaland? You don't have a doctor or a Pharmacist at the least?

Nairaland is full of children parents still watch bum bum for after pooing. At best the only thing they are good for is ethic fight

Please see a doctor preferably a consultant and stop making a mess of yourself on this useless forum

You can only get good advise here when there is a paid or premium niche where all these children behind Tecno phone cannot afford to pay for and make useless comments

Look through and see the quality of comments you are getting

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by integritylady(f): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Just make sure she has access to her drugs
Let her see her doctor regularly
Note what aggravate asthmatic attack in her and let her avoid them

Oral sabutamol, with her ventoline inhaler would go a long way In bronchodilation

I wish you all the best

7 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by whytediamond(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Oooops:
Mumu boy

Hello, what's your challenge?

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Mowsid(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
fresh air and also large quantity water intake

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by betonnaira: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
fayluv1:
Nothing to fear brother. I stopped using inhalar years ago when somebody introduced me to these cheap drugs. At 1st i take it morning n evening but now i only take it when i find it difficult to breath. Ventoline, franol n predesolone. When is serious i take 2 of each but i usually take 1 each.
sha have an inhaler with u just in case u might end up being bleeped so hard u wont b able to breath well
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by EatforHealth: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Megaflex:

Let are stay away from her triggers such as dust, smoke, cold etc

Apart from the inhaler, consider these natural remedies

FIVE NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ASTHMA

Tired of depending on your inhaler and medications for asthma treatment? You may be considering trying a natural remedy to manage your asthma; you can use any of these remedies.

1. Mango Seed And Honey

What you need for this herbal solution is 4 mango seeds and a small bottle of honey.

Instructions

Get the mango Seeds, break it to remove the white Nuts inside. Sun dry the white nut and grind it. Mix with honey and take a tea spoon 3 times daily.

2. Euphobia Hirtha –yorubas call it emi-ile, the western world call it asthma plant with eucalyptus leave and ginger

Instructions

You can boil these together as tea and take first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

3. Ginger

Ginger can be used to treat asthma because it has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce airway inflammation and inhibit airway contraction.

Instructions

Method 1

You are required to drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea daily. To make the tea, add 1inch of ginger (cut into small pieces) to a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain, allow it to cool and drink it.

Method 2

Another option is to mix equal amounts of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey. Consume 1 tablespoon of this mixture 2 or 3 times in a day.

4. Garlic

Garlic is a popular medicinal herb that needs no introduction used to treat asthma.

It contains anti-inflammatory properties that help clear congestion in the lungs. It also contains antibiotic and antiviral properties that help boost the immune system.

Instructions

Method 1

Boil 2 to 3 garlic cloves in ¼ cup of milk. Allow it to cool to room temperature and drink it once daily.

Method 2

Alternatively, eat 2 garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon each of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and honey each morning before breakfast.

Method 3

Another option is to eat 1 to 2 crushed raw garlic cloves daily to boost immunity and prevent asthma attacks.

5. Lemongrass

Lemongrass can be used for treating asthma, coughs and other respiratory disorders.

It contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that help reduce inflammation and fight infections. In addition, it has vitamin C that boosts the immune system

Instructions

Add 2 teaspoons of dried lemongrass to 2 cups of water ½ teaspoon of grated ginger, 2 cloves and a small piece of a cinnamon stick. Let it boil, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, add a little lemon juice and honey and drink it once daily when suffering from asthma.

Contact me via my signature for free daily health talks like this on Telegram

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by ManOfCompetence(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
I know of something effective, as recommended by a professor of pharmacy in the University of Benin during his inugural lecture....send me an email

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Woleett: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Use franol, it's like N50 or N100

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by AntiWailer: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sorry bro.
Re: Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Inhaler

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Pregnant Woman Gives Birth Stranger's Car Before Getting To The Hospital (Pics) / 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.