Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

First Ever Same Sex Muslim Wedding Takes Place In The UK (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First Ever Same Sex Muslim Wedding Takes Place In The UK (photos) (512 Views)

First Gay Muslim Wedding Takes Place In UK / PHOTOS: First Gay Muslim Wedding Takes Place In The UK / First Gay Muslim Wedding Takes Place In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Ever Same Sex Muslim Wedding Takes Place In The UK (photos) by Adesolaehimen1: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
The first ever gay Muslim wedding has taken place in the UK, as happy grooms Jahed Choudhury, 24, and Sean Rogan, 19, who have been dating for two years, tied the knot wearing traditional golden Sherwanis in a civil ceremony at Walsall registry office.
Their relationship was ignited when Sean met Choudhury crying on a bench in Darlaston, and according to Choudhury, Sean has stood by him since then. He told Express and Star:
“I’d not long overdosed and I was crying on a bench and Sean came over and asked if I was okay.”
However, Choudhury admitted that being an openly-gay Muslim made him feel like something of a ‘black sheep’ and that he ‘stood out like a sore thumb’ and often felt trapped between his sexuality and faith. He further revealed that he tried to deny his orientation and even took medication and a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
Although his family were’t present for the ceremony, Choudhury believes the wedding is significant progress for the Muslim and LGBT communities alike.
He said:
“My family doesn’t want to come on the day, they just don’t want to see it, it’s too embarrassing for them.” Choudhury says that some of his family members dismiss his sexuality and happy relationship with Sean as a ‘disease’ or a phase.I want to say to all people going through the same thing that’s it’s okay – we’re going to show the whole world that you can be gay and Muslim.”

click link below to view more photos

http://unibenolodo.com/blog/2017/07/11/first-ever-same-sex-muslim-wedding-takes-place-in-the-uk-photos/

(1) (Reply)

The Advantages Of Flood In My Area / 70 Have Sex With 30 And Got In Trouble. I Cant Understand This One O! / Guy Invites Female Facebook Friend To His House… She Turns Out To Be A Gay Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.