Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married (3617 Views)

How My Married Neighbor Caught Me Mastubatlng And Asked To Help...(must Read) / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me / I'm Attracted To My Married Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
All My Married Male friends seems to be giving me the same advise, that i should not get married, marriage is a bondage bla bla bla both the ones at home and abroad seem to be saying the same thing, its better to stay single and just enjoy it while it lasts even if it will take forever.
I am more than confused than ever, are there really happy marriages these days ?
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by snowdrops(m): 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
If their marrriage is that miserable why are they still married?
You are not a robot. You should be able to filter helpful from unreasonable advice.
Unless it is you who enjoys being a bachelor and choses to selectively listen to advice so you can justify your way of life.

1 Like

Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
Their marriages are all not what they expected, could this be a coincidence, they are all not happy in their marriages.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by omega25red(m): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
why are you confused did the lady in your life force you to be with her? you have to take control of your own life and not depend on the advice of those who have tried and failed. If you think you are ready assuming your lady/man is ready you jump the broom and live your own life.
yes marriage might seem like bondage because you have to devot your life to your partner but what is wrong with that? nothing i tell ya
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by platinumnk(f): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
charlesisu:

There marriages are all not what they expected, could this be a coincidence, they are all not happy in their marriages.

they married for the wrong reasons or did not know their partner well enough

or just whores smiley
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
Let me set this record straight,

These guys are wonderful People. they are friends ive known for quite some time and even the most gentle of them says the same thing.

His wife is stubborn and his mother in law intrudes in their affairs, he is tired of the marriage. we chatted for about 3 hours today and he strongly advised me to be extremely careful before i tie the knots with any woman, its not all rosy and women can be pains in the arse after marriage
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by snowdrops(m): 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
You dont expect marriage to be a bed of roses do you. Same as other aspects of life.
I am sure your friends also have their flaws. THERE IS NO PERFECT PARTNER.
Marriage is about tolerating each other and accepting the other for who they are.
The fact that these challenges in marriage exist does not mean we should all be celibate.
Even if you wait for 20 years, unless God directs you to that person, my friend, it will be a wild goose chase.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by bettes(f): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
Your friends are probably unhappy in their marriages because of their negative attitudes.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
@poster Marriage can neva be a smooth -easy-ride;being single is also a hell-of-a-ride. In short my friend,life is a doom-oh-ride. Enjoy!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ladygaga(f): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2010
ha ,,,thats serious,

maybe they married for the wrong reasons or they made wrong spouse choices.

but really everyone should be careful, i dont think marriage is beans
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
Im talking about 5 of my friends here, did they all marry for the wrong reasons ? they all wish they had stayed single, and they are advising me to desisit from getting married even if the girl appears to be an angel.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ladygaga will u marry me!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by snowdrops(m): 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
daylae:

@ladygaga will u marry me!
For your mind you wan begin toastgrin
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ladygaga(f): 12:03am On Feb 03, 2010
@charles, well,its very very possible they all(5 of them )made some wrong choices, see,.but i dont know them,u know them very well!
really, it is not by how long u have known them,, for all u care, the problem might just be comin from all your five friends, who knows

@daylea.
oya where the venue at, nothin do me, but i must warn you, it will be worse than these 5 guys marriages oh,

, be warned,

@snowdrops

who has a headache and who is swallowin panadol?ehn
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 12:04am On Feb 03, 2010
@snowdrops Wetin my broda,dating curfew don dey for town? I beg surpport ur fellow broda man o!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2010
Don't listen to them, they want to feel special and let you feel inferior, Go and get married.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Freiburger(m): 12:08am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster
But sometimes they do use your appartment as slaughter house abi?
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Freiburger(m): 12:09am On Feb 03, 2010
Mama-gee watin u dey wait for? wink
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 12:13am On Feb 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Don't listen to them, they want to feel special and let you feel inferior, Go and get married.

right now i feel superior to them cos all they talk and whine about are about their nagging wives.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 12:24am On Feb 03, 2010
@ladygaga i no run,cus am up to the task, but wait till i sign my divorce papers with my 3 wives;all the mother of 5,4,3 kids respectively.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by snowdrops(m): 12:27am On Feb 03, 2010
@ lady gaga
So after dissing me you have left my man daylae hanging.
Forget the babe man, she no wot am
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by mamagee3(f): 12:34am On Feb 03, 2010
charlesisu:

right now i feel superior to them cos all they talk and whine about are about their nagging wives.

What other discussion do you expect from a married Nigerian man? grin grin
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by fifi09(f): 12:35am On Feb 03, 2010
charlesisu:

Let me set this record straight,

These guys are wonderful People. they are friends ive known for quite some time and even the most gentle of them says the same thing.

His wife is stubborn and his mother in law intrudes in their affairs, he is tired of the marriage. we chatted for about 3 hours today and he strongly advised me to be extremely careful before i tie the knots with any woman, its not all rosy and women can be pains in the arse after marriage

Don't let anyone fool ya, it goes both ways!

When falling in love, too many people get blinded and don’t really get to know their mate.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ladygaga(f): 12:39am On Feb 03, 2010
loooooooooool@ snow, what exactly is ur own? why is it botherin u so much, i bow to you ohh!

@daylae, ok na i will wait.no prob!

but u also be responsible for the fees of my 8 younger ones, u ll work my service to lagos,preferable oil company
u ll pay my  masters fees(as i am in my final yr in school)
ok, i remember, u ll cater to my 2 children(i had them in my teens)
and u will wait for me to eliminate my current, sorry 3rd husband

and i hope u wont mind if i bring in mama and papa from the village!

i am sure it is gonna be one BIG HAPPY FAMILY, i cant wait
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by snowdrops(m): 12:42am On Feb 03, 2010
ladygaga:

loooooooooool@ snow, what exactly is your own? why is it botherin u so much, i bow to you ohh!

I slowly bow towards you.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by fifi09(f): 12:44am On Feb 03, 2010
snowdrops:

You dont expect marriage to be a bed of roses do you. Same as other aspects of life.
I am sure your friends also have their flaws. THERE IS NO PERFECT PARTNER.
Marriage is about tolerating each other and accepting the other for who they are.
The fact that these challenges in marriage exist does not mean we should all be celibate.
Even if you wait for 20 years, unless God directs you to that person, my friend, it will be a wild goose chase.

I concur!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 12:54am On Feb 03, 2010
Should i get married with all these divorce suits flying everywhere ?

I think im commitment phobic. cry cry
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 1:00am On Feb 03, 2010
@ladygaga see u in my next life,if any! U won kill me? Even though i dey thief,i mean work for national assembly,i no fit meet-up with ur demands.
@snowdrops i beg save me from ladygaga o,make i no enter one chance o!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by coin2008: 1:01am On Feb 03, 2010
I think im commitment phobic.  Cry Cry

Have you considered that maybe the problem is you, not marriage per se.

if you think you're commitment phobic, that says a lot about your state of mind right now, so maybe its best if you take some time off to sort yourself out and figure out just what it is you want.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ladygaga(f): 1:08am On Feb 03, 2010
@daylae, na kuku jeje i det my own oh,

snowman is nowhere to be found, looooooooooool
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 1:10am On Feb 03, 2010
coin2008:

I think im commitment phobic.  Cry Cry

Have you considered that maybe the problem is you, not marriage per se.

if you think you're commitment phobic, that says a lot about your state of mind right now, so maybe its best if you take some time off to sort yourself out and figure out just what it is you want.

My Married friends are not helping the matter, they all want to opt out of their marriages, if theres a easy way out.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by poshangel: 1:19am On Feb 03, 2010
if u all have the same character then u probably should stay single and not bring sadness to whoever u marry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Would You React To Your Son's Molestation By A Young Man / What To Do When You Are Hot And You Are In A Distant Relatioship / My First Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.