Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You (2246 Views)

What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by dacouse(m): 7:55am On Feb 03, 2010
Last week i was at my cousins house to spend the wiknd,my cousin 19 years old came home around to eleven.his father accosted him and demanded the reason for him coming that late,he then tendered a football match excuse his father not satisfied with that answer got angry and wanted to land him a slap,but my cousins flexible body made him able to parry the incoming hot slap.though father is a disciplinarian but to still want to beat a 19 year old adult is absurd
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by THEAMAKA(f): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2010
10 YEARS OLD. i stopped acting up after that, so i guess there was no use. grin
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by madlady(f): 8:41am On Feb 03, 2010
cry cry cry

@Poster, last week, I am just gone 30. embarassed she boxed my face. cry
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by coolier(f): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2010
My mum couldn't lay a finger on any of us, she never ever did it. My dad was the disciplinarian and he actually had canes in different shapes and sizes kept in a corner of his room to frighten us.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Tudor6(f): 9:17am On Feb 03, 2010
Beating kids is PHYSICAL ABUSE ON A CHILD, and parents who ABUSE children are ANIMALS.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 03, 2010
my parents never beat me never
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by TeeJay6(m): 11:28am On Feb 03, 2010
Tudór:

Beating kids is PHYSICAL ABUSE ON A CHILD, and parents who ABUSE children are ANIMALS.
perhaps if your parents had beaten/disciplined you as a child you wont have turned out as you are now! Children need to be smacked every now and then when they cross the line, just go to all those western countries and see what the kids have become because their parents didnt do their jobs,
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Tudor6(f): 11:34am On Feb 03, 2010
Tee_Jay:

perhaps if your parents had beaten/disciplined you as a child you wont have turned out as you are now! Children need to be smacked every now and then when they cross the line, just go to all those western countries and see what the kids have become because their parents didnt do their jobs,
Yes and HOW is Nigeria "where those parents do their jobs" any BETTER than the western countries?
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
I can still get a slap now if i think i am all that while with my Dad.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by madlady(f): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I can still get a slap now if i think i am all that while with my Dad.

I know what you mean, some times we just need a little reminding that they are the parents and they know best.

I honestly see nothing wrong with it.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Outstrip(f): 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
My mom will still try though. Popsie is an angel grin
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by tanimz(f): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
The last time my Dad beat me was when I was 14, then something happened when I was 16- that spanking was mad!! Twenty lashes of the belt on my fine arse, I had only shorts on and i wasnt allowed to move or even rub it!!

As for my momsie- she gets irritated easily and a slap is always closeby!!!
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by kokoye(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
I ate belts and slaps regularly until I left high school then it changed to conversations which kinda hurt more.

Now I tell my parents what to do - or they beg my sisters not to tell me if they've slipped.

Thank God for parents and the upbringing.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by benincitys(f): 1:03am On Feb 04, 2010
me 19year that was when i left home hahaha
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by sexyLeamon(f): 4:57am On Feb 04, 2010
only my father used to beat me and I didn't live with him for long anyway
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Ndipe(m): 4:58am On Feb 04, 2010
I think 15 years old was when my mom whupped me last. I remember the incident, and she might have hesitated, before she gave me a hard knock on my head. Pops? Cant remember!
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
madlady:

I know what you mean, some times we just need a little reminding that they are the parents and they know best.

Yeah, cos no matter how grown we are, we will never outgrow discipline
However, still has to be done with love
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Arkison: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
madlady:

I find it difficult to agree with your statement.

No one have monopoly of wisdon therefore parents make mistakes. Sometimes stupid mistakes that everybody will see how foolish they are and they need to be reminded. But typical of Nigerian culture, in most cases when we attempt to correct our parents, especially the father, they become furious and sometimes becomes even physical.

They also want to dictate every minute details of our lives, and as an adult that is not possible unless you depends on them financially.

Look at the way Nigeria is. We have all sought of people that called themselves parents and how can they know best.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
Arkison:

I find it difficult to agree with your statement.

No one have monopoly of wisdon therefore parents make mistakes. Sometimes silly mistakes that everybody will see how foolish they are and they need to be reminded. But typical of Nigerian culture, in most cases when we attempt to correct our parents, especially the father, they become furious and sometimes becomes even physical.

They also want to dictate every minute details of our lives, and as an adult that is not possible unless you depends on them financially.

Look at the way Nigeria is. We have all sought of people that called themselves parents and how can they know best.

I think you are talking about those saddam of a father.
there is a daddy and there are father, big difference, and also, she never said that parents are perfect, but she is saying, we are never too big to be corrected.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by dare2dream: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2010
My mother's still gon whup my ass 2mrw if i don't produce a cake 4 my pops birthday 2mrw.not made d order cake shops r closed, i'm in a serious dilemma pls wat do i do?
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2010
dare2dream:

My mother's still gon whup my backside 2mrw if i don't produce a cake 4 my pops birthday 2mrw.not made d order cake shops r closed, i'm in a serious dilemma pls wat do i do?

Go to the Grocery store and have them design one that is already made
Happy B'day to your dad
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by madlady(f): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think you are talking about those saddam of a father.
there is a daddy and there are father, big difference, and also, she never said that parents are perfect, but she is saying, we are never too big to be corrected.

Exactly @Fhemmmy, and to honest my Mother never disciplined me unfairly, even though she can be heavy handed.

On the last occasion she did this I was completely to blame, I did the unforgivable, I kissed my teeth when she made a comment embarassed embarassed.
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
My dad flogged me last year during the crazy ASUU strike because i din't wake up in time to wash his car, i was so infuriated because flogging a lady at 22 to do a guy's job is so absurd. i didn't call him for a while even after the strike was called off when i got back to school. Maybe now that i am a graduate he would keep his belt. Each time i think of it, it brings tears to my eyes, even now cry
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Nwaka77: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2010
Can't quite remember. 16 Maybe. I got more beating from my older siblings. Luckily I left naija or the beating might have continued and I would have ended up really hurting someone. Nigerians are too physically abusive. Heaven help who beats me today. There is no telling what I will do. My Tai Chi classes will come in handy!
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by dare2dream: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Go to the Grocery store and have them design one that is already made
Happy B'day to your dad
thanx a million. got it done and she was so pleased wit me, no whuppings for me. wish ma pops many more lazy years!
Re: At What Age Did Your Parent Stopped Beating You by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2010
madlady:

Exactly @Fhemmmy, and to honest my Mother never disciplined me unfairly, even though she can be heavy handed.

On the last occasion she did this I was completely to blame, I did the unforgivable, I kissed my teeth when she made a comment embarassed embarassed.

I cant even imagine how i would feel if my parents refused to tell me i was wrong when i am wrong, cos i am a big boy, i make my own money? excuse me, i will forever be a child to them and they will forever be my mama and dada.
I dont have to agree with them, but as long as i am wrong, they have all the right to whoops me, if they have to.
They dont even need my consent.
dare2dream:

thanx a million. got it done and she was so pleased wit me, no whuppings for me. wish ma pops many more lazy years!

I am glad it worked.

(1) (Reply)

12 Commandments To My Wife To Be / Woman Gives Birth To Child At Age 101; Becomes World Oldest Mother (PHOTO) / Help My Motherlaw And My Husband...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.