Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) (8635 Views)

Corper Rocks Super Eagles Jersey With NYSC Khaki / A Letter To NYSC On Behalf Of 17A Stream Two. / Thank God Am Done With NYSC Today (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by argob44(f): 12:04am On Jul 14, 2017
The European Union is seeking partnership with the National Youth Service Corps on empowerment of youth.

Head of EU Delegation to Nigeria and the ECOWAS, Ambassador Michel Arrion, made the proposal today during a courtesy visit to the Director-General, Brigadier General Sulaiman Kazaure, at the NYSC National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja.

Arrion said the collaboration will cover issues of job creation as well as how to make sure youths are fully recognized as major component of the nation.

The envoy, noted that the question of youth was gaining political attention not only in Nigeria, but also in the entire African continent, and stressed that stakeholders needed to do much more on the youths not only in the area of education, but also other forms of empowerment.

He noted that the AU Heads of State had endorsed a joint EU and African Union Commissions’ proposal to concentrate discussions at the next EU/African Union summit scheduled for November 2017 on the youth.

“The way we are looking at the youth is really holistic in the sense that we are seeing the youth as important component of the society with rights and obligations,” he said.

He recalled that some EU Ambassadors in Nigerian participated in the sensitization programme conducted in some NYSC Orientation Camps by the Pan African Institute for Global Affairs and Strategy (PAIGAS) with the aim of getting Corps members to believe in themselves and their country.

Arrion, who described feedback on the camp sensitization as encouraging, said the EU, NYSC and PAIGAS had more good things to do together.
Also speaking, the President of PAIGAS, Ambassador Martin Uhomoibhi, thanked the NYSC Management for accepting PAIGAS’ proposal on sensitization of Corps members on national pride.

He recalled that twelve states were covered and expressed readiness of the organization to cover many more during its next outing.
Ambassador Uhomoibhi said the EU/NYSC/PAIGAS collaboration will further pass the message of hope and self-confidence to the youths, stressing that the latter could achieve much in Nigeria without having to travel abroad in search of greener pasture.

He said PAIGAS wanted to go beyond talking to the youth and give them better options, including empowering them with skills for self-reliance.
Responding the Director-General, Brigadier General Sulaiman Kazaure, thanked the EU and PAIGAS for their interest in the progress of Nigerian youths.

Kazaure told his guests that the NYSC had been striving to empower Corps members for self-employment through its Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) programme, stressing that one of the focal points of his administration’s policy direction was to optimize the benefits of the programme.

He called on the EU to expand the scope of its proposed collaboration with the NYSC to cover assistance towards strengthening the SAED programme, especially in the area of start-off funds for the trained corps entrepreneurs.

Credit: https://web.facebook.com/officialnysc/posts/1393437250738799:0

Source: http://www.asbgistng.com/2017/07/eu-partner-with-nysc-youth-empowerment.html

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by argob44(f): 12:04am On Jul 14, 2017
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Skmoda360(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice one...lemme go and get my chair now.
argob44 na you post am and na you first comment again.
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Caustics: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2017
shocked this will only cause envy and strife among corpers. How can abdul be deployed to europe and emeka is serving in borno. That was how a corper killed his colleague because he got alawee alert before him.

4 Likes

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2017
Great one I must say.
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2017
shocked

EU is confused...they don't know what to invest in.

NYSC in my opinion should be scrapped.
EU should channel their resources in training and empowering indigent citizens.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by emolala(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2017
Correct
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Bills2307(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2017
mtcheww. tot it's about #stream 2

10 Likes

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by brightersms(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2017
OKAY

LOL FOR PALM WINE TAPPERS

BEST WAY TO CLIMB PALM VERY CREATIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNE-2C4BfmM

1 Like

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by zubimete(f): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2017
Interesting, Batch B loading and I will benefit frm the scheme. front page after many years.

1 Like

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Sleyanya1(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2017
Please they should do it speedily before Batch B
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Alexbrain(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by koolcat: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2017
Wake me wen they post stream2 timetable
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by sirusX(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2017
argob44:

He recalled that twelve states were covered and expressed readiness of the organization to cover many more during its next outing.
Ambassador Uhomoibhi said the EU/NYSC/PAIGAS collaboration will further pass the message of hope and self-confidence to the youths, stressing that the latter could achieve much in Nigeria without having to travel abroad in search of greener pasture.

He said PAIGAS wanted to go beyond talking to the youth and give them better options, including empowering them with skills for self-reliance.
Responding the Director-General, Brigadier General Sulaiman Kazaure, thanked the EU and PAIGAS for their interest in the progress of Nigerian youths.

Kazaure told his guests that the NYSC had been striving to empower Corps members for self-employment through its Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) programme, stressing that one of the focal points of his administration’s policy direction was to optimize the benefits of the programme.

He called on the EU to expand the scope of its proposed collaboration with the NYSC to cover assistance towards strengthening the SAED programme, especially in the area of start-off funds for the trained corps entrepreneurs.

A welcomed development, but I hope our economy can give the youths that opportunity to thrive in business
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by owaeghianye(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2017
Ok
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Jimgil(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2017
I can remember telling myself last two weeks that no matter the amount of money i will have in this life that i will ensure that helping people becomes a difficult thing for me, perhaps because i tried everything possible2 get help n pay my last semester fee but none of the people i approach could help, include people i ... but now i think i should change my mind and be a source of blessing to those that will need my help.

however this change of mind would be encourage if i could get 10k from someone with a good heart to pay for suspension of studies and pay for my project pepper to be printout before tuesday. Thanks

Zenith bank 2087249213

could prove my student identity.I can remember telling myself last two weeks that no matter the amount of money i will have in this life that i will ensure that helping people becomes a difficult thing for me, perhaps because i tried everything possible2 get help n pay my last semester fee but none of the people i approach could help, include people i ... but now i think i should change my mind and be a source of blessing to those that will need my help.

however this change of mind would be encourage if i could get 10k from someone with a good heart to pay for suspension of studies and pay for my project pepper to be printout before tuesday. Thanks

Zenith bank 2087249213

could prove my student identity.
I can remember telling myself last two weeks that no matter the amount of money i will have in this life that i will ensure that helping people becomes a difficult thing for me, perhaps because i tried everything possible2 get help n pay my last semester fee but none of the people i approach could help, include people i ... but now i think i should change my mind and be a source of blessing to those that will need my help.

Zenith bank 2087249213

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by Agimor(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2017
These are the kind of improvements I'm talking about. For those NYSC should be scrap you are in a long thing cause the program has come to stay.
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by burkingx(f): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2017
grin

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by franugo(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
Caustics:
shocked this will only cause envy and strife among corpers. How can abdul be deployed to europe and emeka is serving in borno. That was how a corper killed his colleague because he got alawee alert before him.

I smell lies..

@npowerng, abeg when is nteach applicants doing their test?
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by franugo(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Caustics:

did u even read d op? where was it stated dt corps members would be posted overseas?

1 Like

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by oluwalesi(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Jimgil:

Zenith bank 2087249213

could prove my student identity.I can remember telling myself last two weeks that no matter the amount of money i will have in this life that i will ensure that helping people becomes a difficult thing for me, perhaps because i tried everything possible2 get help n pay my last semester fee but none of the people i approach could help, include people i ... but now i think i should change my mind and be a source of blessing to those that will need my help.

Zenith bank 2087249213

Zenith bank 2087249213

OK wait sir
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by oluwadeeboi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hey hey hey..Join us

Look thru the picture for your career upliftment
July 24th is the date!

Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by donqx: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
I hope it works
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by argob44(f): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Skmoda360:
Nice one...lemme go and get my chair now.
argob44 na you post am and na you first comment again.
lol
Re: EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
This will not work. All these international organizations need to find a way to deal directly with the Youths. Once they start implementing their programmes through government agencies, it becomes rubbish.
UNICEF partnered with the Federal Government and NYSC to implement Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs), that was all we heard of it. The corps members are left to work on their own without funds to carry out their necessary projects and the government will hoard the fund meant for community projects while assuring the International organizations that they are doing fine.

(1) (Reply)

Sorry, There Is No More Available State Slot For Deployment - NYSC / No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns / Open Letter To NYSC: Where Is The Orientation In The NYSC Camps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.