Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns (8647 Views)

Titilola Adeleke: Osun First Lady Inspires NYSC Corps Members At Ede Camp / Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Sparklettunes1: 7:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Source: https://peachessence.com/no-mdas-should-reject-nysc-corps-members-ugwuanyi-warns/

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, yesterday warned Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, within the state to not reject National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, members posted to their establishments

Governor Ugwuanyi, who gave the warning during the closing ceremony of 2017 Batch ‘B’ Stream one NYSC orientation at Awgu, aforesaid that government frowns at such attitude that causes unnecessary inconvenience and hardship to corps members. “Consequently, the government can view with seriousness any reported case of rejection of corps members,” he said. Governor Ugwuanyi, who was represented by the State Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Mr. Joseph Udedi, reiterated that the key objective of the NYSC was to foster unity and integration among the diverse nationalities of Nigeria through the youths.

The Governor disclosed that the state government adopted the policy of engaging a greater percentage of corps members in the education sector with a view to providing a sound educational system upon which its transformation agenda could be realized. He, therefore, urged them to pursue the realization of this goal in practical terms by adopting their host communities as their home and join in contributing to the community they were posted in the state and assured of adequate security in the state.

Governor Ugwuanyi promised that government would continue to provide the enabling environment for them to discharge their responsibilities, even as he assured them of their regular allowances from the state government. The State Coordinator of NYSC in the state, Alhaji Ahmed Wada Ikaka commended the corps members for the discipline and commitment they exhibited throughout the duration of the exercise, and urged them to take the good conduct to their places of primary assignment.”

“Remember, this is an opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the country and that their performance can earn them special recognition and awards at the local,   state and national level.” The State Coordinator appreciated the State Governor,   Ugwuanyi, Awgu local government chairman,   Stanley Okeke,   his predecessor, Ugonna Ibe as well as the military,   police and other sister security agencies for their support during the Orientation exercise. He also thanked the Director General of NYSC, Brigadier General S.   Z. Kazaure, who assisted the camp and also awarded a contract for the construction of a commercial standard borehole and reticulation of water to alleviate the perennial water shortage faced in the camp. No less than 2, 208 corps members, made up of 1080 males and 1128 females took part in the Orientation course.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by manmoraskk: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank you sir.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by peter6441(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmmn. So profound
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by ozo13(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2017
All na wash wash talk.lets hop dos mdas will not do otherwise sha.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by psalmson001: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2017
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by emperorchedda(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
He should be talking about how to increase their state allowance to 10k as it was in 2015 before he reduced it to 5k
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by echobazz: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2017
Hope they will act as he said.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2017
shocked

∆ NYSC should be scrapped ∆
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by eddyddon234(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2017
Funny enough, it is the corps members that are even rejecting MDAs and PPAs... Ghosting and reposting anyhow..

Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by BamBella(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
Here comes the governor with his usual wishy washy talks undecided.

Rejection of Corp members isn't a new thing. I'm sure some corp members will be praying for rejection so as to aid their plan of being ghost corpers grin

So Mr governor, park well.

Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by churchee: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Who even wants to be a messenger in MDAs?

Teaching in all girls' school is the best joor.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Miserablemee: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2017
emperorchedda:
He should be talking about how to increase their state allowance to 10k as it was in 2015 before he reduced it to 5k
be greatful he even pays the 5k, some godammit govt here in north don't pay a penny; e.g kano where i serve, the slowpoke promised 5k and has not fulfilled it.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by etibaba(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2017
Miserablemee:

be greatful he even pays the 5k, some godammit govt here in north don't pay a penny; e.g kano where i serve, the slowpoke promised 5k and has not fulfilled it.
Which of the Enugu state pays 5k? Enugu in Nigeria or Dubai.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Jbuster: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2017
GOOD MORNING, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME REACH OUT TO CLUB KONNECT & VICTOR OJENEALO BRAIMOH, TO HELP ME REFUND MY 2,000 NAIRA OR HELP ME USE IT TO FUND MY WALLET. I SENT THE MONEY YESTERDAY EVENING FROM MY ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT, TO YOUR ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE BE FAST. I CALLED HUNDREDS OF TIMES NO RESPONSE, I SENT MESSAGES TO YOUR WHATSAPP NOT READ.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Jckleiin(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
etibaba:
Which of the Enugu state pays 5k? Enugu in Nigeria or Dubai.
I wanted to ask that....Enugu that pays 1k for those in town and 4k for those in rural areas.
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
h
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by etibaba(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2017
Jckleiin:

I wanted to ask that....Enugu that pays 1k for those in town and 4k for those in rural areas.
Yes o and that 1k turns to 880 after bank charges.

1 Like

Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by DONADAMS(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
lok
Re: No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns by demzey(m): 2:28am On Dec 13, 2017
Serving here now, bin accepted tho, I got wat I wanted, secondary sch for one village...

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To NYSC: Where Is The Orientation In The NYSC Camps? / AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths / Does Lagos State Pay Corpers In Public Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.