Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Ajax On Operamini - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ajax On Operamini (1199 Views)

Javascript's Alternative To Jquery's Ajax Call. / Extract URL Data Like Facebook Using PHP, Jquery And Ajax / Ever Heard Of Ajax Programming And Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajax On Operamini by Rubyist(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2017
Hi house,
Just finished the code construction phase of Web app for a services my company is about to launch. I used Ajax extensively for major functionality of this app. Testing the app now on mobile it horrible. The key press event I used to disable alpha characters still working on chrome, worst of it all.. Is opera mini. It doesn't even load the Ajax at all.. I switched away from data saving still same..

Expert opinion only.
Thanks in advance
Re: Ajax On Operamini by Dremovre: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2017
Rubyist:
Hi house,
Just finished the code construction phase of Web app for a services my company is about to launch. I used Ajax extensively for major functionality of this app. Testing the app now on mobile it horrible. The key press event I used to disable alpha characters still working on chrome, worst of it all.. Is opera mini. It doesn't even load the Ajax at all.. I switched away from data saving still same..

Expert opinion only.
Thanks in advance
Opera mini gives developers headache so I am not surprised

1 Like

Re: Ajax On Operamini by bassdow: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Most mobile browsers (except those that tend to allow desktop experience) strip down features so at the end of the day, lot's of functionalities of a website are lost.

You can try browser detection techniques and taking appropriate actions.
Re: Ajax On Operamini by Olyboy16(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2017
@ Rubyist
its not a bug, its the way operamini was intentionally designed. how do you think operamini is able to achieve its amazing data saving rates? the browser doesnt load contents from your server directly, it routes its requests through opera's dedicated proxy server, the proxy loads the response, after which it performs some novel page compression, scripts downgrading, content reincarnation. the response is what you see on your phone. the rules of script downgrade include replacing ajax's "async" with something less useful. this is done to prevent ajax galleries, background services and dynamic DOM mutilation - all of these which would be useless since the proxy usually already alters content so much so that document appears very different in browser.
I Hope the mystery is a bit unravelled now

4 Likes

Re: Ajax On Operamini by Rubyist(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
Olyboy16:
@ Rubyist
its not a bug, its the way operamini was intentionally designed. how do you think operamini is able to achieve its amazing data saving rates? the browser doesnt load contents from your server directly, it routes its requests through opera's dedicated proxy server, the proxy loads the response, after which it performs some novel page compression, scripts downgrading, content reincarnation. the response is what you see on your phone. the rules of script downgrade include replacing ajax's "async" with something less useful. this is done to prevent ajax galleries, background services and dynamic DOM mutilation - all of these which would be useless since the proxy usually already alters content so much so that document appears very different in browser.
I Hope the mystery is a bit unravelled now

Bro thanks alot, so much appreciate this. What do u think can be the solution. I am thinking browser detection and reduce Ajax usage
Re: Ajax On Operamini by Olyboy16(m): 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Rubyist:

What do u think can be the solution. I am thinking browser detection and reduce Ajax usage

dont reduce ajax usage, instead design your app to in a way that it doesnt rely heavily on ajax(improving code design, not reducing service quality, hope u get this?). i do advice coders not to be too trigger-happy with ajax; over-usage of ajax may result in rough backend codes in the hands of a less experienced developer; and unless u're a very talented web developer, you wont like the results of your segregated client js codes in the long run.
simply ensure the core functionality of your webpages doesnt rely heavily on ajax...that way, you wont have to work through unnecessary headache of browser detection and adaptation.
you can work with these rules
1. content first, chrome later. (study twitter.com)
2. your js should be useful and useful only. (dont write js for fun and show-off)
3. and off-course...avoid reinventing the wheel. use frameworks!
u can add yours

2 Likes

Re: Ajax On Operamini by ypeace: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
Olyboy16:

dont reduce ajax usage, instead design your app to in a way that it doesnt rely heavily on ajax(improving code design, not reducing service quality, hope u get this?). i do advice coders not to be too trigger-happy with ajax; over-usage of ajax may result in rough backend codes in the hands of a less experienced developer; and unless u're a very talented web developer, you wont like the results of your segregated client js codes in the long run.
simply ensure the core functionality of your webpages doesnt rely heavily on ajax...that way, you wont have to work through unnecessary headache of browser detection and adaptation.
you can work with these rules
1. content first, chrome later. (study twitter.com)
2. your js should be useful and useful only. (dont write js for fun and show-off)
3. and off-course...avoid reinventing the wheel. use frameworks!
u can add yours

Hello, pls can you contact me with the number on my sig?
Re: Ajax On Operamini by Olyboy16(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
ypeace:

Hello, pls can you contact me with the number on my sig?

i would contact you but i don't wana make that promise cos i might get carried away with something else (i'm sorry), but i'm an active email and telegram user (alphageek@southernwellslimited.com, @adedamy)

1 Like

Re: Ajax On Operamini by agwaisrael(m): 9:18am On Jul 17, 2017
In addition, I'd like to state that you should not sacrifice your functionality for compatibility.

It's good practice to always use links (...'a' tags) and overriding default browser behavior in javascript than letting a non-hyperlink element clickable via js.

If you are too far down your dev-cycle to change your code, a simple redirect will suffice for non-js browsers.

I feel Nairaland should have syntax highlighting for codes. It's mature enough

(1) (Reply)

Things You Can Learn From Mark Zuckerberg’s Past New Year Resolutions / How Can I Restore The Calculation Data In MS Access 2016? / Ubiquti Home Server/network Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.