Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians (17354 Views)

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by ekensi01: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2017
Waything for Nigeria never tire me?
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by LagosismyHome(f): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
Baba Fashola is just looking for more money to line his pocket ... The ones he stole from Lagos state is not enough

What happened to all the increase , the power situation is still very poor so make he allow us hear word

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by alcmene: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
May Evans fall on Fashola and his family....

Is steady electricity now a rocket science

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by 0b100100111: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
arushiuga:
See what this goat of a minister is saying. Are you saying we should be paying for darkness.

If your father had gone to school, Fashola wouldn't have been in that position.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Ddaji(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
God punish these scammers call APC.i crossed 700kilomatres to voted for these scammers,honestly i feelt cheated the only election that i will participate in future in this country is if my wife is a contestant.Useless fashola!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Mmadu111: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
nwakibie3:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/dont-stop-electricity-tariff-review-fashola-begs-nigerians/amp/
.....and public servants wages won't be reviewed? Never knew the exchange rate from N165 to N400 for a $1 affects only power firms and not treating public servants harshly. Hmmmm. Badest Government.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by jamace(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2017
Fashola, your own don done. grin

Providing electricity is now a Rocket science. grin

Emphasis should be on provision of prepaid meters to consumers.
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Chukwuka16: 10:48am On Jul 14, 2017
It is obvious that we are jinxed.

Fashola as the minister of power is expected to have milestones. That's the sensible thing to do. When we do research, there is a timeline that we are judged against.

1. From inception till inception+x months: stock taking of the entire power asset (generation capacity, transmission capacity, distribution capacity, number of actual metered customers, number of un-metered customers, number of transformers, etc.)

2. From end of step 1 till + x1 months: meeting with stakeholders on evaluation carried out. This is the time he gets feedback from the gencos and discos and of course consumers and gas suppliers and militants! This is the time we have an initial round table discuss. Everybody comes with their grievances and suggestions. We must leave this stage with a blue print.

3. From end of step 2 till + x2 months: roll out of activities
Roll out of pre-paid meters to at least 87% of households (Bleep duration)
Repairs and upgrading of distribution transformers (xxy duration)
Critical repair and servicing of major transmission lines and station infrastructure (sub-level transmission transformers, CB, switch gears and
other associated infrastructure).
Critical servicing and TAM of gencos turbines to meet 77% capacity utilization (xxz duration).

4. During this time, Nigerians are provided with completion reports detailing expenses and repairs carried out including bidding results and contract sums expensed.
Till we can now sufficiently guarantee that 100% of generated power is moved from generation to distribution centres with (100-d)% available for sale.

Note: d represents losses and thefts and local utilization.

If Fashola cannot provide us with any timeline, then he is confused and acting on impulse. Power is a critical sector and needs seriousness.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by gurunlocker: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2017
Minister of darkness is speaking.... Even this raining season that the light is supposed to be stable as always, we hardly have 4 hrs of light daily...
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by narrowpathy(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2017
Let them keep increasing tariffs till it becomes cheaper for individuals to generate their own electricity then the DISCOS and GENCOS will just die natural deaths. Something just has to give one day. Make them continue
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by okwobros(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2017
God punish you fashola, punish your generation infact nigerians should not be paying for eletricity let it be one thing that we are gaining from this useless governmen idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Beedude(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2017
hakeem4:

I've been enjoying light in my area sha
Same here. Average of 16hrs of electricity daily isn't too bad

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Okpuamu(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2017
0b100100111:

If your father had gone to school, Fashola wouldn't have been in that position.

Ur fada that went to school, which one is he?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by ehissi(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
I thought they said fashola got sense....

Nope!
They said he is a rocket scientist.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Franchise21(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2017
Fashola is the next minister to get the sack letter
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by naijamafioso: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2017
Beedude:

Same here. Average of 16hrs of electricity daily isn't too bad
Wait till the end of raining season.
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by CaptPlanet(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2017
When u put a square peg in a round hole, this is what we get. Absolute carelessness
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Lapesky(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2017
Though the power sector has really improve, their bill is too high.
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2017
hakeem4:

wow which side is that...I have not seen light in my area close to 6days now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by belindar: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2017
I'm tired listening to this slowpoke who once said during GEJ regime that any serious govt suppose to find solution to its electricity within six months. Now he has been minister for over 2 years now. He create more darkness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by bashydemy(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Yes more than anybody from your region..
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by YelloweWest: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
hakeem4:

I and some many others have not!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Fashola is NOT a smart man. I do not think he is as intelligent as I thought.

Spot these facts;

1. Minor Reviews are done every six months when exchange rate fluctuates:
What is the business of fx with piping gas to turbines and powering on the plants ? This is fraud, because the same people who own discos are the same crop of people who round trip with their huge reserves to destroy the economy. So, your Buhari and your Minister of Finance should allow the natural worth of naira to stay, so we can have a stable regime that foreign investors can draw graphs and predict their ROIs. APC government is so naive on Economy.

2. Blaming last administration for bringing down tarrif is an idiotic statement. The tariff was brought down before the election and PDP did not envisage loosing that election, they were rigged out. So you can not say they brought down tariff in order to make APC fail. You guys at that Presidency are so foolish when it comes to how to run a country.

I really shouldnt be reading these. It makes me sick that a so called SAN is this unlettered about how to administer.

That uneducated man called Buhari just put square pegs in round holes then became hospitalized.

We are loosing this country to morons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2017
and public servants wages won't be reviewed? Never knew the exchange rate from N165 to N400 for a $1 affects only power firms and not treating public servants harshly. Hmmmm. APC Badest Government.
Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by galadima77(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2017
I don't mind sleeping in a court premises to keep getting injunctions against them over reviews.

Everybody cannot be insane at the same time...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by misspineapple(f): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2017
hakeem4:

Me 2..bt i still fear for my transformer sha

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by EmperorTayo1864(m): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Too much stress make the wise one go crazy

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by 9jatatafo(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Minister of darkness

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2017
Let's be honest....light bills need to go up for the follwing reasons

1.We need $100bn every year for the next three years to fix things (Sauce: report on privatization presented to the previous govt in 2013)

Just to make things clear.....Nigeria's external reserves in 2010: $60bn.

2.Banks won't lend to the DISCOS and GENCOS like they lent to GSM companies

3.DISCOS and GENCOS are private companies....so govt has no business with them (except for the 'counterpart funding' which has been paid.)

4.We import most of the components needed to give us light 24/7. And we will need to import more. Meanwhile...the naira is at highs against the dollar.And suppliers want payment in dollars....not naira.

Let's face reality....and stop shouting Fashola, Buhari and GEJ. We cannot demand for power without paying the appropriate price for it.

9jakohai (on estimated billing, went to war with my local disco for prepaid meter once.).

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Please I think it's time for each state in Nigeria to generate and distribute there own power, for each state to have there own power station if you support let very one being to say it and write it on there facebook page for the whole country to see

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election / 6 Top Sectors Awaiting Tinubu’s ‘Magic Wand’ / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.