Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,519 members, 7,840,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians (17369 Views)

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Igba123: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
But wen will d fg review d workers' salries(quote author=DWJOBScom post=58444308]Scam government! Clueless head

Grant them the review and hear another update why they still can maintain power installations.

Lazy and unfocused leaders., If only people can leave tribalism and zombism(is there's a word like that) and let's give these BOYS a direction [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by oriewanbe: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2017
Viking007:
He is a real goat. I am being charged N11,000 monthly (estimated billing, the idiots refused to give us meters) for a 2 bedroom flat! As if I own a pure water factory inside my house.
Electricity is gradually getting out of d reach of common man. Some houses on my street can no longer afford these exorbitant prices of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians by Lisaint(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2017
9jakohai:

NERC actually regulates tariffs in the power sector....they act as the organization that keeps things from getting out of hand. But there is a limit to how they can dictate to DISCOS .....and by law(set up as part of the law allowing for the privatization of power....which was passed long before Fashola thought about being a minister in 2014)...DISCOS can raise tariffs/bills.

Power ministry these days does not have much to do....except run transmission (which was not privatized due to national security reasons ).....and the transmission system is in need of replacement...and the DISCOS are the ones who raise money via the bills we pay for that.

God bless ur knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: God Will Punish Those Who Rigged Ogun Gov’ship Election– Adebutu Blows Hot / 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' / EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.