Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray (60689 Views)

Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / You Can No Longer Travel To Dubai With ‘ghana Must Go’ Bags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Maxymilliano(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
The side of Dubai that they DON'T want tourists to see: Photos show desperate conditions endured by migrant labourers forced to work in 50C heat for a pittance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2859734/The-Dubai-DON-T-want-tourists-Photos-desperate-conditions-endured-migrant-labourers-forced-work-50C-heat-pittance.html

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
14072017bet:
ou must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
j
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Sleyanya1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dubai is Rich
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by ivolt: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
The OP is partly right, there are no 100% rich cities or countries
because there will always be underdeveloped black spots.

What Nigeria need to do is project the images of our best cities
while hiding the underdeveloped parts.

4 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
Dubai is Not As Rich As UAE Government Portrays On Media - READ THIS Eye Opener with PHOTOS

I know you must have asked this question: how come people in Dubai are so rich? But after reading this article....your perspective of Dubai will change.

Don't get me wrong, Dubai is a big city like every other city; London, New York, Dublin, Tokyo, etc, but Dubai is not just an all-glomor city filled with wealthy people living extraordinary rich life like the UAE government controlled media portrays to the world to attract global tourism and trading, which is what Nigeria needs to learn in order to boost the Nigerian economy and image.

Now read the full report with PHOTO proofs below after the page cut:

Dubai as a Brand has been the brain child of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He has created this aura that Dubai is RICH and that it is happening.

Truth truth however is far from it.

It is EXACTLY like any other country.

The only difference being - whatever is being shown on the Media is totally controlled by the Ministry of Media & Communications - which is the Government.

And they have one and only one Agenda - to keep the image that Dubai, UAE is forever rich.

If you doubt what I have to say - ask yourself - why is it that is absolutely NO POOR person pictured or pictures or news that is talked about openly?

How come recession has never hit Dubai, UAE?

How comes Emirates Airlines is the ONLY airlines IN THE WORLD minting Profits and Profits (with only one year loss so as to give a good reason to cancel the excess orders of over-purchasing Boeing aircrafts) while all other airlines ALL OVER THE WORLD are suffering losses or closing down?

How comes NO ONE hears about the unpaid salaries? Prostitution business? Corporate Racism? Jail Stories in the UAE?

In fact - are you even aware that if you write something about the UAE when in the UAE - you can get jailed & deported ASAP? EVEN IF it is the truth?

DO YOU KNOW that if you EVEN LIKE something on facebook - A Group or comment that speaks negatively about the Country (for example now that UAE has broken ties with QATAR - if you EVEN wear a shirt that supports Qatar or send a message support Qatar - its bye bye for you?)

Don’t get me wrong - I do not hate UAE. But the truth is the truth.

In fact - haven’t you even asked yourself WHY was Burj Dubai’s name changed to Burj Khalifa AT THE DAY OF THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH ONLY - when it was marketed for years and years as Burj Dubai

Simple.

Because Dubai is NOT rich. it ONLY SHOW YOU the mirage that it is rich.

There are Hundreds of Thousands of Horror Stories of Unpaid Salaries, Dishonored Contracts & Massive Debts that no one hears about.

Dubai is just surviving because it shows it has Billions and Billions of Dollars - which is not true.

I know it because I am the second generation of Expats that lived there for 40 years.

Today Dubai is only surviving on charging its expats very high indirect taxes to live, survive and remain in its country.

All the expensive cars, vehicles, parties, lifestyles - is only people living on Credit and showing off to rub shoulders with the whose who.

But the reality is - every single day people are struggling to pay their bills and survive.

You want to know the reality of Dubai - stop seeing what they show you on the media - it is all planned out and well thought off. Most of it is fake, or incomplete or false.

Want proof?

Check what happened to the 99 years visa?

Check what happened to the property bubble?

Check what happened to the World Islands?

Check what happened to Dubai’s Billion Dollar Debt.

And if nothing else…go and visit places like Sonapur (google it if you want)

You want to see Dubai in reality?

Here are a few pictures for of the Real Dubai…

Guy, you bloggers should stop spreading fake news. I have watched so many documentary's about immigrant from India, Afghanistan searching for better live their. Those guys you see there are all laborer, even some Nigeria are also there. Those place are set aside for people like these.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Tellemall: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
But those are the Indian and Paki quarters.

6 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by joepentwo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
hmmm!
GOD BLESS 9JA!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by slyd90(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
make una dey give una self hope....nonsense country plus yeye leaders

3 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by DWJOBScom(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
Goldenboy007:

This is absolutely true ...I remember once I wanted to convince my colleagues at work that Lagos is actually as developed as Chicago...I went on internet and the only pictures there were that of crowded Oshodi and Slums. Americans will uploads good pictures of nice places for tourism, we Nigerians go dey wash out dirty linen for outside.

so true

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Good advice, that's why I'm on a personal campaign to play my own part in polishing the image of my country

Proudly Nigerian!

1000 likes grin
You will need the raw material used in making Kiwi Polish to polish Nigeria image but is stil won't shine

3 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Saintinoo(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Goldenboy007:

This is absolutely true ...I remember once I wanted to convince my colleagues at work that Lagos is actually as developed as Chicago...I went on internet and the only pictures there were that of crowded Oshodi and Slums. Americans will uploads good pictures of nice places for tourism, we Nigerians go dey wash out dirty linen for outside.
lagos developed as chicago? Do you even know what development means

8 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Op

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by dlondonbadboy: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nigeria is a failed country...Dubai is a billion times better than Nigeria....and if Nigeria continue like this, it would take them exactly 982years to be in Dubai current level..

But thank God the sun has risen...

We await referedum..

4 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by InvertedHammer: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
Dubai is Not As Rich As UAE Government Portrays On Media - READ THIS Eye Opener with PHOTOS

I know you must have asked this question: how come people in Dubai are so rich? But after reading this article....your perspective of Dubai will change.

Don't get me wrong, Dubai is a big city like every other city; London, New York, Dublin, Tokyo, etc, but Dubai is not just an all-glomor city filled with wealthy people living extraordinary rich life like the UAE government controlled media portrays to the world to attract global tourism and trading, which is what Nigeria needs to learn in order to boost the Nigerian economy and image.

Dubai as a Brand has been the brain child of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He has created this aura that Dubai is RICH and that it is happening.

The only difference being - whatever is being shown on the Media is totally controlled by the Ministry of Media & Communications - which is the Government.

And they have one and only one Agenda - to keep the image that Dubai, UAE is forever rich.

If you doubt what I have to say - ask yourself - why is it that is absolutely NO POOR person pictured or pictures or news that is talked about openly?

How comes Emirates Airlines is the ONLY airlines IN THE WORLD minting Profits and Profits (with only one year loss so as to give a good reason to cancel the excess orders of over-purchasing Boeing aircrafts) while all other airlines ALL OVER THE WORLD are suffering losses or closing down?

How comes NO ONE hears about the unpaid salaries? Prostitution business? Corporate Racism? Jail Stories in the UAE?

In fact - are you even aware that if you write something about the UAE when in the UAE - you can get jailed & deported ASAP? EVEN IF it is the truth?

DO YOU KNOW that if you EVEN LIKE something on facebook - A Group or comment that speaks negatively about the Country (for example now that UAE has broken ties with QATAR - if you EVEN wear a shirt that supports Qatar or send a message support Qatar - its bye bye for you?)

In fact - haven’t you even asked yourself WHY was Burj Dubai’s name changed to Burj Khalifa AT THE DAY OF THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH ONLY - when it was marketed for years and years as Burj Dubai

Simple.

There are Hundreds of Thousands of Horror Stories of Unpaid Salaries, Dishonored Contracts & Massive Debts that no one hears about.

Dubai is just surviving because it shows it has Billions and Billions of Dollars - which is not true.

I know it because I am the second generation of Expats that lived there for 40 years.

Today Dubai is only surviving on charging its expats very high indirect taxes to live, survive and remain in its country.

All the expensive cars, vehicles, parties, lifestyles - is only people living on Credit and showing off to rub shoulders with the whose who.

But the reality is - every single day people are struggling to pay their bills and survive.

You want to know the reality of Dubai - stop seeing what they show you on the media - it is all planned out and well thought off. Most of it is fake, or incomplete or false.

Want proof?

\

12 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by coptic: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
Heheheh.

Portray to the world what you want them to think you.

That's how some silly dude was typing all over twitter that Abuja is a lie, all because he went to some remote ghetto.

I was like, this one Na stupidity and small pikin dey worry am.

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by MEILYN(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
I was enjoying the thread till I read that Donald Trump nonsense. OP get a life please..

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by maklelemakukula(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
So dear Nigerians, stop saying bad things about Nigeria....stop taking pictures of bad places in Nigeria and showing to the world because it is killing us.....all nations, all big cities in the world have their sorry side....but the western world and other big nations have mastered the art of deceit and image packaging....such that they package their city to look so rich and perfect to your fantasy....thereby, drawing more investment and tourists to their lands....and making more money for their nations.

Dubai is just packaging...it is not as rich as you do imagine and see on TV and media cool

We must learn from these people by fire by force, cc: justwise over to you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
stop saying bad things about nigeria and watch the govertment loot and ignore ur ass.
better wake up, na naija u dey, ur government, unlike theirs, dont give a funk about u until they see it in the international media.
Nigeria is not UAE.

3 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by one4GOD(f): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Harzontorh:
No.. You are getting it wrong! Dubai is an extremely Rich Emirate among the 7 Emirates of UAE. No matter how rich a place is, especially a tourist densed area, there would be a suburb for the extremely low income expat who forced and struggle their life to live in.. call it slum or say 'the ghetto area', same thing in Paris, Berlin, Tokyo or what have you.. Now Dubai for example is Rich, no doubt. Extraordinarily Rich.. Our Nigerian People are plenty over there so we know whatsup. You dont excpect everybody to go there and make it.. so because you go there and suffer the hell out of you life (which may not have happened to you while you sit 'jeje' in Nigeria) doest mean some are not enjoying the bastard money there.. The Problem is that the sufferness and the pain We the 'incompetent' or say unqualified live there is intolerable so we 'think' the whole luxury hyping is maybe an exhageration.. Hell, No. The Multi Billion Dollar Oil Nation is Real. Just that some Indians, Bangladeshi and Philipinos will not Stop Messing Up things around.. They keep displaying Bad Image in conjuction with our Naija Boys (who are 'ogbologbo' in displaying Poverty Culture..

En Plus, You will never see an Emirati 'A UAE Arab ' in such a way of life butrayed in those pictures.. i.e queieng for the public toilet, barbing beside the wastebin or smotching around demonstrating poverty.. Never.. Instead the Emiratis are there 'rubbing their faces with bundles of dollar, Dinars and Dirhams'.

P.S: Dubai is Built Specialy for Luxury.. The Poor are also there too. (no be lie). but the poor people are the Expats (foreign workers) not The People.
All those people you see around those slum are not citizens of the country they are foreign labourer and you don't expect the govt to provide them luxury as they do to their citizens. so stop deceiving yourselves that Dubai is not as they say, you go there first and your confessions will instantly change. just take a stroll in the evenings and see what it is to have a quality life. they have provided all that need to be given to their citizen, its not their fault that the labourers are unfortunate to have come from artificially poor countries like our, Nigeria.so wake up

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Sodijan(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Everybody will upgrade his own country

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Emokai3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
no country is perfect
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Kingspin(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dubai is far more better na Nigeria . Nigeria have not even start that is the other side of the truth.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by PBundles(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
This guys knows what he is talking about for sure. Dubai is loaded. Americans go there and there head spin, no lie. It OFF THE HOOK.

Harzontorh:
No.. You are getting it wrong! Dubai is an extremely Rich Emirate among the 7 Emirates of UAE. No matter how rich a place is, especially a tourist densed area, there would be a suburb for the extremely low income expat who forced and struggle their life to live in.. call it slum or say 'the ghetto area', same thing in Paris, Berlin, Tokyo or what have you.. Now Dubai for example is Rich, no doubt. Extraordinarily Rich.. Our Nigerian People are plenty over there so we know whatsup. You dont excpect everybody to go there and make it.. so because you go there and suffer the hell out of you life (which may not have happened to you while you sit 'jeje' in Nigeria) doest mean some are not enjoying the bastard money there.. The Problem is that the sufferness and the pain We the 'incompetent' or say unqualified live there is intolerable so we 'think' the whole luxury hyping is maybe an exhageration.. Hell, No. The Multi Billion Dollar Oil Nation is Real. Just that some Indians, Bangladeshi and Philipinos will not Stop Messing Up things around.. They keep displaying Bad Image in conjuction with our Naija Boys (who are 'ogbologbo' in displaying Poverty Culture..

En Plus, You will never see an Emirati 'A UAE Arab ' in such a way of life butrayed in those pictures.. i.e queieng for the public toilet, barbing beside the wastebin or smotching around demonstrating poverty.. Never.. Instead the Emiratis are there 'rubbing their faces with bundles of dollar, Dinars and Dirhams'.

P.S: Dubai is Built Specialy for Luxury.. The Poor are also there too. (no be lie). but the poor people are the Expats (foreign workers) not The People.

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by saydfact(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
SO BUSY TRYING TO BRING A GROUP OF PEOPLE / BRAND DOWN - SPEND THAT ENERGY IN GROWING YOUR NIGERIAN BRAND......

8 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by maklelemakukula(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Harzontorh:

you go school jor

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by ikp120(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

That means there are many idiots in Nigeria
They plenty like kilode. grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by mailemy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
UAE controls it's media system and you dare not post whatever Ill news about uae. one can even be jailed or repatriated. Unlike us,everyone like to be the newscaster of every evil news and share them on Facebook and the internet. No information to promote Nigeria. Only what we see is bad news everyday.

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
So dear Nigerians, stop saying bad things about Nigeria....stop taking pictures of bad places in Nigeria and showing to the world because it is killing us.....all nations, all big cities in the world have their sorry side....but the western world and other big nations have mastered the art of deceit and image packaging....such that they package their city to look so rich and perfect to your fantasy....thereby, drawing more investment and tourists to their lands....and making more money for their nations.

Dubai is just packaging...it is not as rich as you do imagine and see on TV and media cool

We must learn from these people by fire by force, cc: justwise over to you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oop, ur write up is not true, you lie too much...... Unless its not this Dubai you are talking about.....

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by donfineboi: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:

Simple.

Want proof?

This is very false. I have been in Dubai for 2 years now and I can say with all authority that this is mere propaganda

3 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by verygudbadguy(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good write up. But I have an objection to your post. Every city you visit have their own slump. They don't necessarily need to show you. Dubai is a rich city and I can say that for a fact.

Your picture evidence shows Nationals working as slaves. I agree. But then, the pay they earn as slaves are far better than what a lot of our working class citizen earn. There is nothing you can write that can justify their standard of living as low and that's the major yardstick through which a Nation/City's wealth is measured.

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by able88(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
this guy Nigeriakitchen must have copied this write-up from somewhere . he's nowhere to defend his claims again.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by ikp120(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
You will need the raw material used in making Kiwi Polish to polish Nigeria image but is stil won't shine
Bros, you have killed Nigeria now. **Sobs**

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.