Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan (27500 Views)

Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Wizkid – Sounds From The Other Side / Wizkid Releases Album Cover And Track List For ''sounds From The Other Side'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Holuwadamilarey(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2017
Starboy , RcA records act , Kayode Ayodeji Balogun Aka , Wizkid dropped his highly anticipated album earlier today , And as his number one fan ,I have already bought mine ,

Now there has been much hype and rumors about the album that it sounds too foreign and un-African , I can personally tell you that this is not true, . WizKid in his pure musical genius , blends a lot of sounds from every part of the music world and delivers it on this masterpiece.

1 . Sweet love (prod by sarz) : There is great musical chemistry between wizkid and Ace producer SARZ. This is also demonstrated in this track, it is a pure afrobeat track , much like a song by Afrobeat legend and wizkid mentor ; The late Fela Anikulapo Kuti . Pure Afrobeats.

2. Come closer ft Drake : I'm sure this song is not new to anybody here. , the video sparked a lot of controversy as Drake did not appear in it, also Produced by SARZ.

3. Naughty ride ft Major Lazer : Wizkid once again showing his musical prowess and connection by teaming up with international music production team major Lazer, who are also known for producing a lot of hit songs globally, it is a relaxed, dancehall, slow song just like come closer.

4.African Bad Gyal ft Chris brown : Grammy award winning artiste and pal of WizKid , Chris brown also known as Chris breezy, comes through for wizkid and they both deliver this monster summer hit. Its sure gonna rock the Airwaves globally. Also produced by SARZ

5. Daddy yo ft Efya : I'm sure everybody knows about this dancehall hit

6. One for me ft Ty Dollar sign : Starboy teams up with American act Type Dollar sign and drop this relaxing Afro hip hop jam. It is produced by American producer and hit maker ;DJ Mustard.

7. picture perfect. : Wizkid expresses himself in this slow love song. It has this Afropop background sound to it . Dope jam !

8. Nobody : personally one of my best songs on the album, Its slow, relaxing and a very nice laid back songs by wizkid .

9. Sexy: Pure afrobeats song, WizKid once again using the fela sound and tone, surely going to be a hit. It is produced by SPELLZ

10. All for love ft Bucie : WizKid teams up with South African house music Diva -Bucie, on this wonderful south African house music genre, surely going to be a hit , especially in Africa.

11. Dirty whine ft Type Dollar sign: This song produced by SARZ is a jam, Although I personally think the both of them could have done better.

12: Gbese ft Trey songz : R&B genius Trey Song joins Starboy on this Del B produced jam. It has quite a catchy tone.

As we can see, the album has no local Nigerian Artiste on it, This shows WizKids international recognition and also displays his aim of selling African music to the world

@ written by me

Abioye oluwadamilare.

lalasticlala cc

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by holatin(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
am not a fan but I will support him by downloading it free online.

yanga abi na yaga

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Ericaikince(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
idot two two minutes songs ..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by 00Ademi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ep or LP
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Cutezt(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wizzy baby, I love the fact that he is trying to give us international recognition, but Nigerians and Africans mostly don't identify with these kind of songs, they prefer paoangolo ojuju calabar.. Nice tunes tho, sarz going places, btw, has maleek finally stopped producing?

Meanwhile, learn How to check who viewed your profile on Facebook, catch that babe that has been eyeing you tey tey

22 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by 00Ademi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ep or LP
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by benjaminiyke(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
The Mix tape is Amazing. God bless wizzy forever!

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Slymonster(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Okay let me download all and then see if its nice...

Okay i have downloaded it.First Nigerian i downloaded his or her album even though, i am more of an Hip Hop dude and i don't download single track except album.
I will say some are nice and who knows,just like when you download an album for the first time and you keep playing it.You get use to it.

i like sexy,all for love, picture perfect and gbese....

13 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by onatisi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good for him. He is busy making his money.

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Hanabian: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
@OP,are u nuts?
Is this how you review a song? List the song name and tell us who was featured on it and the producer?
E be like say your head dey pain you.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by tonididdy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
track 1to12 all shitty

wizkid just sings rubbish all day long.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Elnino4ladies: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
The album was released yesterday and you reviewing it today. who does that?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Kingjay5(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
DOWNLOAD album on www.collegegist.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by yinkslinks(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
All these akuyas above me are trying to rush fp as if they get money from cbn with it. They are typing r t g c and later edit to shout fp. Muntulas

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by magazineguy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
At one listen, we all believe this album is dope. I mean of international standard but you can't just review a body of work just few hours after release. It makes your review not balanced. What mood did you listen to the songs, did you listen to it in your car while driving or in a studio?

All the same, the project is a dope and interestingly it will do way better than Davido's Son Of Mercy

16 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Jidhey1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dope Album!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by YesNo(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
............................okay
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by magazineguy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
magazineguy:
At one listen, we all believe this album is dope. I mean of international standard but you can't just review a body of work just few hours after release. It makes your review not balanced. What mood did you listen to the songs, did you listen to it in your car while driving or in a studio?

All the same, the project is a dope and interestingly it will do way better than Davido's Son Of Mercy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Maj196(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gbese, African Bad gyal, come closer, daddy yo

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by hollamanng(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
All na wach

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by raphok1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wish him good. its good he is trying to take our style to the rest of the world, But I also think wizkid now looks down on our local artists. Do I have a witness?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by seunny4lif(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good but I'm still waiting for Drake grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Frog voice ninja turtle fans will come here and start hating on wizzy babanla who is not on the same level with that razz local nigga with a funny looking hairline

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by emmanuel596(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by jieta: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
i no get anything to write a beg
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by RZArecta(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
I need reviews from neutral critics not "biggest fans". I like wizkid but for some years now, it's been risky downloading or buying albums after much hype only to be disappointed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Opistorincos(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
make I park here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Musician, Osayomore Joseph, Is Dead / Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / Pls Where Can I Download Free Mp3 Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.